Makhnovshchyna

Can someone commie-pill me on Makhno, the Makhnovshchyna, and the "Ukrainian" Free Territory?

Was it really as much of a clusterfuck as tankies like to claim, or was its chaos enlightening? Did Makhno really kill 800 gajillion Mennonites?

Books and articles are highly recommended.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolypin_reform
nestormakhno.info/english/makfaq/h_6_9.htm
katesharpleylibrary.net/d254zf
rozbrat.org/historia/33-walki-spoleczne-w-polsce/3891-110-lat-anarchizmu-w-polsce-poczatki-cz-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not anarchist. Maknko never claimed to be anarchist. This uprising was later claimed by anarchists during the spanish civil war to create a myth of the nice, good guy anarchists being backstabbed once again by the evil bloodthirtsy commies. The reality is that all the conscious proles in Ukraine were already either in the soviets or in the red army. All that was left in Ukraine at the time of this uprising was petit bourgeois elements with petit bourgeois demands, all at a very unfortunate time.

Bump

Pretty based. More of a communalist than an anarchist though

Is petit burgeois the new fascist?

"petit burgeois" to the tankies is like "sjw" to the "le rational sceptic XDDDD". So basically people they don't like

If you don't bow down and worship the God Emperor Stalin right now then you are a Trotskyist fascist petit-bourgeois Bukharinite revisionist anarchist utopian liberal.

What did he mean by this?

you filthy liar

He wrote to kropotkin asking if councils or something like that was anarchist, didn't he?

The Free Territory had its flaws, but don't just make shit up you brain dead retard. Fucking MLs always lie

Is a secondary source like Princeton really that credible?

"anarcho-communes" just meant democratic and local self governance

wtf I’m an anarchist now

it's not so much that he disliked them, he was just unfamiliar with them and didn't know how properly organize say a factory

Really makes me think.

Nigga have you actually ever read Marx?

This is literally the definition of petty-bourgeoisie.

Poor rural farmers in both Ukraine and Russia, i.e. Makhno's main supporters where in no way bourgeois, they where peasant. They lived in small communes where property was collective, and had done so for hundreds of years. Makhno literally fought the rich landowners who where exploiting the poor. He expropriated their land and collectivized it.

forgot shitbosting flag

Shit, wrong flag again. I should just kill myself tbh

Shit, did it again.

o fugg nod d shidbosding flag :DDDD

Makhno was a bloodthirsty pogromist whose 'Black Army' was responsible for hundreds of anti semitic killings. Not surprising considering the vehement anti semitism of his idols, Proudhon and Bakunin.

Mirs (agricultural communities with communal ownership) effectively seized to exist following the reforms made after the revolution of 1905, long before Makhno's little experiment happened.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolypin_reform

It's true because it's true because it's true. All you people are just too bourgeois and revisionist to understand these documents from the Soviet propaganda ministries.

wtf im an anarchist now

trotskyist lies, trotskyist lies everywhere
everyone that isn't trockyist is ANTISEMITE

ok maybe not most part were Jews, but surely Makhno army was the most Jewish army in revolutionary Russia

Cities are not egalitarian. The countryside is the only true form of communist organization.

I'm Jewish and I'd like a source for this.

Not fully supporting his claim, but I found this:
nestormakhno.info/english/makfaq/h_6_9.htm

katesharpleylibrary.net/d254zf

not Makhnovists, but at least I have some more info about Jewish anarchists in 1905 revolution in Russia in Polish language, maybe you could google translate (sorry for grammar errors)
rozbrat.org/historia/33-walki-spoleczne-w-polsce/3891-110-lat-anarchizmu-w-polsce-poczatki-cz-3
At least in Polish part of Russian Empire in 1905, early anarchist movement looks clearly as mainly Jewish social movement.

Do you have more info about Jewish anarchism in Revolutionary Russia and over the world?

Is that pic supposed to make me feel dumb, because it's working

A lot of stuff about Makhno seems to have disappeared: the opinions i get from Russian people are also very weird.
I asked this Russian dude i know about Makhno and he was like "eh, i admired him when i was a kid: then i learned that he was Ukrainian and bam also a bandit which just wanted to fuck shit up".
Im not sure if that was supposed to be an anti-ukrainian joke (he seems to hate them "ironically", Holla Forums style), but the figure of Makhno deffo shifted from "badass anarchist" to "a criminal" in the ex-soviet countries from what i've learned.
Probably because of the soviet gov spreading their usual bullshit