Why rich New Yorkers are hiding their wealth and privilege

BE WARY OF BOUGIES WHO PRESENT THEMSELVES AS AVERAGE WORKING BURGERS
nypost.com/2017/08/20/why-rich-new-yorkers-are-hiding-their-wealth-and-privilege/

"I would say it’s harder to grow up with money, in a way. . ."

10/10 im mad

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10598265/Silicon-Valley-billionaire-compares-treatment-of-Americas-rich-to-Nazi-persecution-of-Jews.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obviously they are deluded but as long they support leftist causes, who cares.

This mother fucker is complaining about not being appreciated for her money like nigga you don't produce shit nor are you fucking special.

Let's see how many of them support lowering the exempt amount of taxable inherited income, raising the tax rate for inherited income that is taxed, paying a higher marginal tax rate or just paying the full amount they are supposed to pay on paper.

They all belong in the gulags for a thousand years.

I will bathe in pork blood and I may not wait for the revolution before I start.

It's already the case here in my country (Frenchie) : wealth is extremely taboo, rich people say they are middle-class, poor people do the same, everybody likes to be educated and sees himself as the equal of his neighbour.

But the effect is mostly that people hate rich people showing off with a passion, so if that effect is generated in America, that's good.

porkster persecution complex thread? cant forget the classic

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10598265/Silicon-Valley-billionaire-compares-treatment-of-Americas-rich-to-Nazi-persecution-of-Jews.html

"A billionaire Silicon Valley venture capitalist has been condemned for "ghastly and disgraceful" comments after he compared criticism of America's rich to the persecution of Jews in Nazi Germany in the 1930s.
Tom Perkins, 66, wrote a letter to the Wall Street Journal, which was published, in which he likened the Occupy movement to Kristallnacht, the infamous pogrom of Nov 9-10, 1938.
In his letter titled "Progressive Kristallnacht Coming?" Mr Perkins said: "Writing from the epicentre of progressive thought, San Francisco, I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its 'one per cent', namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one per cent, namely the rich.
"From the Occupy movement to the demonisation of the rich embedded in virtually every word of our local newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, I perceive a rising tide of hatred of the successful one per cent."
Mr Perkins cited the antipathy in San Francisco towards luxury "Google buses" that carry technology workers to their well paid jobs, and growing anger over rising house prices caused by wealthy buyers employed by internet companies.
"This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking," he wrote.
"Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent 'progressive' radicalism unthinkable now?"

help Holla Forums I am dating a rich girl right now

how do I brainwash her to fight for the proles?

Kek

we can only hope

hmmm, am I more affected by rich people who work and don't really flaunt their wealth - or by poor homeless people shitting on the street and robbing people? hmmmmmmm. damn bougies.

who patented this?

Sasuga Holla Forums, so this is the true power of basic economics

This.

to be fair life without head pats is hard

Absolutely disgusting.
cute gif

Nigga you ain't seen nothing yet. Porky is commodifying poverty itself. Capitalism is self-recursive.

source?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You people are thinking about it wrong. Even in burgerland, people are becoming distasteful of rich motherfuckers.

This is a very good thing

Relevant: youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I mean tbh though I feel really weird because I just graduated and landed a job, gonna be getting a HUGE pay increase, like triple what I have been making for the past couple years (I was in poverty however, and am not gonna be rich by ANY metric).

Truth be told I am totally fucked in the head but can't really fathom exactly why people lust for money so bad. The things that make me happy are simple and don't require money, at least not appreciable amounts of it. That being said if I was making a million dollars a year, to pretend to be poor is fucking disgusting. These sorts of people aren't really all that different than a healthy person acting like they have cancer to show "solidarity" with the sick. It's fucking twisted.

Well if you were living in poverty you know why SOME people lust for money. These fuckups who think that being poor is great because 'you get to pull yourself up by your bootstraps' really need to learn what it's like to fucking go hungry because you can't afford food or not be able to afford to replace anything that's broken so you just keep working with the broken shit you've got and wearing torn clothing and hope that more things don't break in the future because every time they do (and they inevitably will), life gets a little harder.

After a certain point though it's pure greed. You see it in the article a little bit. One of the bitches says something like "Sure, we're middle class! We only have 8 million dollars in property! We're not like SOME people with 20 million dollars in property!" It's all about competing against other rich fucks for the sole sake of being the richest fuck.

you can't, you'll end up doing coke off of a subway counter with her and she'll get bailed out by daddy and you'll go to prison/

With your dick fam

leave this board

Truth man. What drives me crazy though is the idea that 1) nobody actually has to go hungry, the vast majority of hunger is the artificial scarcity generated by capitalism. 2) the perception of success within most of the world is so severely distorted, and the reward system for said "success" is fucked up beyond measure.
Not to go full Stirnerite but its probably one of the largest spooks we face as leftists, at least as per my own experience dealing with centrists and rightists

This isn't wrong though, just said clumsily and overly generalized.

I've been poor by first world definition of it, grew up wearing the same shit for years, having one meal every two days and replacing broken stuff was a ridiculous fantasy. And shit, it was horrible but it also gave me a drive and desperation to succeed and get out, helped to empathize with people who have it much worse and of course the romance of a from rags to riches story from a Dickens novel. If I had to pick again whether I'd been a poorfag in a broken family or grew up like some of the richfags in the article, I'd pick poverty anytime.

It's not like I'd wish it unto anyone or want to suggest that these types of conditions should be accepted or support the "muh bootstraps" insanity, but there are upsides to poverty that richfags just don't have. At least when you manage to be one of the lucky few to leave poverty to appreciate them.

Logistics play a big role too to be fair. With some foods it's excellent to deliver them on time to some remote village in Bumfuckistan.

To a certain degree, but ask people who work in many chain type fast-food resturaunts. These establishments waste more food simply because they don't want to give it out than they care to admit. Most of the time its to "protect their brand", even though I'm pretty sure a homeless person would appreciate a mildly stale donut to starving and not hold it against the charitable person.

I didn't say class collaboration I said brainwash

There's a difference

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/OTAKAPAIXONADO

If she's the child of bourgies but doesn't do bourgie shit herself, you can still explain commie shit to her before she walks in the same footsteps as her parents. Only thing is it takes time if you don't want to freak them out and get a "muh ebil commie stalinists" reaction. At the end of the day, most people will concede that wealthy people don't actually earn the vast majority of what they own, but use basic bitch arguments like "competition, evil states, lazy workers with no insentive because everyone gets paid" all of which are easily busted. I'm not a mutualist my self, but it's not too hard to drag people from Liberal slightly critical of capitalism, to soc dem, to mutualism/market soc (or some such), and pull them further down the rabbit hole.