LGTSS: Trump expected to continue the Forever War in primetime address

Trump is expected to authorize some 4,000 more U.S. troops for counter-terrorism missions, as well as U.S. advisors who will work on the front lines. That’s on top of 8,400 U.S. and 5,000 North Atlantic Treaty Organization troops already in the country, advising Afghan security forces.
archive.is/7tpfy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5k-r_Yo2Gys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking disgustion. You think this is it? Don't you think there will be something bigger? I mean he's gonna talk in primetime tv.

Real talk, I'm holding out hope that it could be something bigger–like him actually holding to his campaign promise of ending the war. It doesn't make much sense to me to go on tv just to announce this–how many stealth surges have there been now?

But I know better and it's going to be him continuing the war and talking the MAGAtards into going along with it.

tbh I'm more scared of a possibility of a bigger escalation, I don't even think he remembers that he promised to end the war

Hahahahahaha he thinks Capitalism doesn't survive off the military industrial complex

Well yeah but we've ended wars since after the MIC has been around, and ending this particular war doesn't preclude starting up a newer juicy one elsewhere (like NK or Iran)

think before you speak nigga

Why would we give up one war. The last one we gave up had enormous friction within the Government.

Why do you think Trump would just, stop a war.

Because he said he would?

Posdatists where fucking right

Jokes a side if he starts iran it's WWIII

Nah.

Like Iraq before them, Iran doesn't actually have WMDs. Their regime will collapse and a perpetual power vacuum will resume; again, just like Iraq.

Jennifer Griffin‏Verified account @JenGriffinFNC

US official: President has signed off on 4,000 more US troops to Afghanistan; not clear he will talk numbers t'night. No talk of withdrawal.

if you use the same number ratio used in iraq and afghanistan the only way for them to invade iran and keep their global commitments is to reinstate the draft.
now THAT would be a one hell of a clusterfuck

Talk about producing your own gravediggers, lol.

Trump can't stand losing so he'll never just pull out, the actual requirements for victory are politically unpalatable if it's even possible, foreverwar fueled by scam artists telling him just use their contractors and he'll be the one who finally won Afghanistan is the only possible outcome.

Iran will be much more like Afghanistan than Iraq: the Revolutionary Guard heads into the mountains and the jungles, ready to stick a new ayotollah in charge the moment we give up

can anyone even articulate what a "victory" in Afghanistan would look like? i don't think even smart U.S. warhawks can do this, much less trump

This is fucking worse than vietnam, i don't know what could go fucking worse at this point.

Trump attacks DPRK and his buying a 50 year war at least.

China's likely to get involved at some point to since their One Road runs right through some of these countries.

The great game continues!

here's a live stream if anyone wants to watch the gameshow host and chat shit ITT

youtube.com/watch?v=5k-r_Yo2Gys

Jesus fucking christ

holy shit just add pakistan to that list

Youtube is a parody of itself.

I thought Hillary was the warhawk

wtf he loves NATO now

My country just cutted off the fucking speech because we had a small earthquake. Fuck, what's happening?

Destroy Taliban enough that they can't operate as an actual military force in the country, get enough regional warlords to buy into the central government that they actually give the appearance of being a legitimate government.
Would need way more troops and a complete restructuring of the Afghan constitution.
If bribes and warlords are needed for a country to function you have to define that shit in the Constitution so that at least EVENTUALLY you have a method of reforming that shit away instead of just pretending the country is already a liberal democracy.

Dude imagine a 13-year power vacuum Iraq situation but with NK. How fucked is everyone then?