/burger/ thread

Come commiserate over our shared loathing of other burgers

Other urls found in this thread:

heifer.org/
theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686660/bvo-chemical-being-removed-from-all-coca-cola-and-pepsico-drinks
imgur.com/a/FxHc9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this Pepsi's way of saying they're putting less fire retardant in it?

Soccer and handegg fields are the same size so at least is an universal unit

Maybe I should take up meditation or something

Lmfao I got one of those one day just because I couldn't believe it

I don't even drink soda

I've had some.

It's like drinking Fireball and Coke without the benefit of getting smashed quick in order to offset the fact that it tastes like somebody left a root beer candy in the sun for 20 days and then put out a cigarette in it

That's exactly what it is, non alcoholic fireball. I was using it as chaser for bankers club and ended up just drinking the bankers club straight.

The moment I saw this post I couldn't help but shed a tear and clap uncontrollably. dog bles

I liked ginger pepsi. Am I the only one?

and I think I've just outted myself as a Canadian. Oh, well, our limited pepsi is better than yours.

That sounds great.

My god. Never in my entire life did I imagine, ever, ever, ever that Bill would get me. I am SO SO thankful for the time, thought and energy he put into my gift, and especially thankful for him over nighting it :)

I feel SO shocked and excited that not only did I receive a gift from Bill, but it was perfectly and EXACTLY tuned into my interests. My gosh, what a rush!! I cannot express how much I really loved reading about a new charity. By the way everyone, you should go donate too! heifer.org/

Thank you so much Bill for a fantastic and thoughtful gift. I'd really love to send a thank you card to you, but if not, I hope this post and message suffices. Thank you so much!!!!!! I will think of you every time I read my book, which will find a nice home on my coffee table once I'm done reading it.

10/10 would receive gift from Bill Gates again

ps: Sorry for the apple ipad on my wishlist, that was really awkward.

EDIT: I just got home to see this exploded on the news. To everyone requesting interviews with me, I appreciate the thought but I'm not really looking to exploit this into publicity. I've described my gift, my reactions, and my feelings as best as I can through my post and comments. There is really nothing left for me to say, except privately to Bill (I really hope I can call him that), which I have attempted to do. Merry Christmas!

it has a very strong ginger flavor. Like a good ginger beer basically, with a little pepsi flavor.

Man, I wish my country had the ridiculous variety of consumer goods that Burgers get.

There's fire retardant in Pepsi?!

I come from burger land, and I have many gifts to show you

lol I don't know why thumbnail is upside down whatever

tfw your bleach and mayo is made by the same country gg europoors

Trust me you do not. It's all flavored bird seed grade liquified corn sugar. Fucking ratchet as fuck

Coca-Cola and PepsiCo will both remove from all of their beverages a controversial ingredient that includes an element also found in flame retardants. Coca-Cola intends to have the ingredient, brominated vegetable oil (BVO), removed from its drinks by the end of the year; PepsiCo removed BVO from Gatorade last year and said yesterday— apparently following Coca-Cola's announcement — that the rest of its products would also be dropping it, though no timeframe was given.

As for exactly what impact BVO has on the human body, that's still open to debate — and likely why it's taken so long for anything to happen. The Mayo Clinic reports that there have been few studies on BVO, but some have found that bromine — the element it shares with flame retardants — can build up in the body. There have apparently also been some reports of memory loss as well as skin and nerve issues after drinking more than two liters of soda containing BVO in a single day. The chemical does, however, remain approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in extremely small amounts pending further study. It's been pending study now for decades.

theverge.com/2014/5/6/5686660/bvo-chemical-being-removed-from-all-coca-cola-and-pepsico-drinks

They used to have vending machines that served fries, burgers and pizza.

"Women were required to take drugs causing extreme sedation. … If they became drowsy during group or closed their eyes, they were written up for 'refusal to comply with treatment.' If they did not take the meds in order to be able to stay awake, they were also written up for the same thing."

My name is Kerry Wolf, and I just read of your work on the SAFPF charges brought by Jodi Stodder-Caldwell in The Austin Chronicle. I was overjoyed to read about this. I, too, am a victim of this brutal, inhumane torture factory.

I was at SAFPF on the Hackberry Unit in Gatesville (female special needs) from April of 2001 through February 2002. I was sent to special needs SAFP originally because I was pregnant, although I lost my baby at the Williamson County jail prior to being transported to SAFP due to being denied necessary medication by the jail. I was placed on anti-depressants after the stillbirth, so they decided that I should still go to the special needs unit for this reason. However, when I arrived at SAFP, they discontinued my medication, saying that they did not have any SSRI [selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor] anti-depressants on the prison formulary and instead prescribed Trazodone, an older drug that causes pronounced sedation.

Many of the women at this SAFP had serious medical or psychiatric conditions, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, severe depression, HIV, Hep C, epilepsy, and diabetes. Many were on medications that were very sedating, yet the "bedtime" pill call came at 4pm. Therefore, the women were required to take drugs causing extreme sedation at 4pm and continue with groups and sessions up until 8pm. If they became drowsy during group or closed their eyes, they were written up for "refusal to comply with treatment." If they did not take the meds in order to be able to stay awake, they were also written up for the same thing. I was able to get the doctor to D/C [discontinue] my meds soon after arriving there, as my depression was not severe – but many others struggled with this the whole time.

Everything Jodi Stodder-Caldwell alleges is true. I do not know her in any way, but her allegations ring true and clear to me. SAFP was the worst, most frightening and humiliating experience I have ever had, and I emerged from it deeply scarred.

We, too, experienced the "tighthouse" – although on our unit it was referred to as "shutdown." We were threatened with it for months. A horde of guards burst into our dorm screaming and yelling, cursing and telling us to throw all our precious few belongings into a net bag immediately. Anything we could not carry in one trip would be thrown away. Any food supplies purchased from commissary would be ruined as they were to be stored on the upper floor of the gym in the blazing heat and with rats everywhere for the next month. We were quickly marched to the gym and strip-searched by brutal guards who made fun of a young 18-year-old girl who had no front teeth, saying that she was "probably a whore like the rest of them" and asking her if her customers enjoyed her "services" without her front teeth, as she stood naked in front of them.

When we returned to the dorm, the hard plastic chairs had been set up in rows in the day room. We were told to sit "in props," meaning no crossing legs or ankles, feet flat, hands on legs, eyes straight ahead. The clock was removed so we could not see the time. We were told that we were horrible mothers, that our families were much happier without us there, that we were nothing but "con-VICTS," and deserved whatever we got. We were told that for the duration of the shutdown, we were not to speak to anyone unless questioned by a staff member. We could not even ask for help in an emergency. The 9/11 World Trade Center attacks had occurred just a couple of days prior, but we were allowed no newspapers, no accounts of what was going on, and had no idea if we were at war, if loved ones were in danger, if we were in danger of an attack, etc. We were told that we needed to "focus on treatment."

During the first week or so of the shutdown, we sat in the chairs from 4:30am until 8pm, with brief bathroom breaks and meals. Whenever we walked anywhere, we had to walk "in props" with our hands behind our backs, even to the restroom. Further, every time we left the dorm to eat or shower, we had to "walk the perimeter" – walking all around the unit (a 20-minute walk) back to the dorm, only then being able to walk to our destination. At one point, a yearly mattress exchange was announced, in which we were to pick up the extremely heavy sawdust-filled mattresses and take them to the gym to exchange for another one. Even then, we had to "walk the perimeter" with the very very heavy mattresses. Many of the women were heavily pregnant, elderly, crippled, etc., but no one was allowed to help anyone else.

While we were in the chairs, it was extremely hot. We were supposed to have AC on our unit, as it was a medical unit, but it did not work. The buildings were brick with tin roofs. Our fans had been confiscated for the shutdown. We were not allowed to use cool towels, wear shorts and T-shirts, etc. like the regular units but had to dress in full uniform and steel-toed boots every day, to sit in the chairs. Many women could not tolerate it either physically or mentally. Almost every day, someone would begin screaming and crying, begging for the torture to stop. They were usually hauled off to the Skyview psych unit for a few days (another horror story). Other women would faint or have seizures. However, even as they lay jerking and frothing on the floor beside us, we were admonished to ignore them – not to break their fall or help in any way, as that would be breaking the SAFP cardinal rule of no physical contact, ever. We were told that "group is up here" and to keep our eyes front at all times. Sometimes, they called medical, but it often took an hour or more for help to arrive as the nurses had to be brought over from another unit and then hike a good distance from the gate to the dorm. When they did arrive, they usually just laughed at the inmates, prodded them with a shoe, and did nothing to help them. One of the nurses, speaking to a counselor, said that the inmates would likely try and "play sick" during shutdown to get a lay-in but that she would not be giving any lay-ins "unless they are literally dying" (an example of the crossover between TDCJ [Texas Department of Criminal Justice] medical and the Gateway staff).

During the shutdown, the counselors would occasionally enter the silent dorms to scream at us, call us names, and encourage everyone to write each other up. What we could write each other up for was a mystery since we were not allowed to move or talk. However, they said that if the box remained empty we were "letting our sisters drown" by not reporting them and that we would never get off shutdown like this. So, the desperate women frantically wrote each other up for things like closing their eyes or whispering, etc. Then, the counselors screamed at and berated them for having too many write-ups, saying that this meant that they were not ready to come off shutdown. There was no way to win. Many of us realized this at the outset, but others were trying so pitifully hard to please the counselors, only to fail no matter what they did – which was the point. The idea was supposedly to see how they would react under severe stress and mixed messages, but it in no way resembled real life.

The constant pressure to "tell" on each other was brutal and led to a junior high type atmosphere of people writing up anyone they did not like and vice versa, and fear and terror were constantly with us. And the "Encounters" group, where inmates sat in a circle and ripped into each other with curses, wild accusations, insults, and character assassinations, was conducted daily, and all the inmates were encouraged to jump in and hurl their own invectives at the victim while they sat in silence. This often resulted in an eruption of violence, with mentally and emotionally fragile inmates exploding into rage, throwing chairs, and others breaking down into hysterics, having flashbacks of abuse, etc.

In the second week of "shutdown," we were often required to "circle up" the chairs and were given a tablet and pencil and told to write a 1,000-word essay on a topic like: "Why complaining will only keep me here longer," etc. We were not allowed to cross our legs to prop up the tablets, and there was no desk or table, so we had to crouch over the tablets on our laps as we wrote with feet flat on the floor. These essays were never read by the staff but simply tossed into our file. (As the counselor's clerk, I knew this.)

In the afternoons, we would have "cop outs," where we were pressured to not only admit publicly to everything we had done wrong at SAFP but also to call out everyone who had done wrong that we were aware of – the pressure to do this was incredible – we were told we would get an extension on our time if we did not. However, doing so might cause you to become someone's sworn enemy – someone who could pose a real threat to you both there and on the outside. The pressure was awful – to snitch and go home earlier but be the target of the rage of some mentally unstable gang member or to not snitch and spend two more long, torturous months away from your family and get an unfavorable report to your judge.

Two women were discovered to have written love notes to another woman in the program. One was punished by having the note pinned to the wall in the dining hall so that every passing inmate could read it as they stood in line. The other was called up in front of the whole unit in the gymnasium and had her note read to the unit by the lieutenant and a counselor, interspersed with their derisive comments and laughter.

Suicide attempts were common. Women cut themselves, slit wrists, attempted to choke themselves, etc. Many of the inmates were so mentally challenged that they were unable to complete the coursework (essays, etc.), and so they were assigned a "big sister" who had to do it for them, as well as her own. Many were not capable of comprehending why they were being treated the way they were.

During the shutdown, they brought the "hoe squad" over from the regular units. With them, they brought a cage – like a zoo animal cage, with bars on all sides and the floor itself was just iron bars (so you could not sit down in it). The cage had a silhouette on the side depicting a girl hoeing and a man on horseback with a gun pointed at her. This was supposedly to show us what the future held if we didn't shape up. We were made to stand toe-to-toe in a long line, given a heavy iron "aggie," and told to lift it to the sky and bring it down to the ground as someone chanted a four-step call. On each fourth call we were to step forward one step. It was dangerous in the extreme, all these untrained, pregnant, and ill and delusional women swinging heavy, sharp hoes above their heads over and over. This was done for the entire day, three days running. For water breaks, we had to "short leg it" (run) hand-in-hand to a tanker truck filled with hot water and drink from a spigot in the side and run back. Anyone who fell, fainted, or became too exhausted to continue was put into the cage. The cage was in direct sunlight with no water or bathroom breaks and no way to sit down. You also received a major case. During these three days, the counselors brought lawn chairs out to watch us. They sat in the shade, laughing and pointing at us while eating pizza and drinking lemonade, with their feet propped up.

Some of the counselors left during this time, sickened and appalled by what they had to do. Two of these were men named Mr. Daniels and Mr. Brock. Mr. Brock, a kindly man, left shortly after being forced to bellow at a young teen who had inadvertently forgotten to remove the braid from her hair on the second shutdown day, which was forbidden (no styling of hair, ponytails, etc), reducing her to helpless tears. One of the guards was reduced to tears watching us sit hour after hour after hour in the day room.

As the shutdown drew to a close, we were called into the gym for a "family meeting." We were told that they would be announcing who was getting off shutdown and who was not. Some, they said, would receive red badges and be forced to stay on shutdown even longer. Ironically, many of those who were given the red badges were those who had behaved in an exemplary fashion the entire time, striving as hard as possible to please the counselors and be a "good example." Again, this was to "test them" to see how they would react.

Everyone feared retribution from the staff and guards if they complained about anything in any way. I once filed a grievance, and that very evening the guard who had accepted the paper from me (and who was not a part of the grievance at all) came to my cubicle and tore it to shreds, stomping on my papers, ripping my photos, dumping out my food, etc., leaving it like a tornado had gone through it, saying, "That will teach you to file a grievance!"

Also, I wanted to mention the "family" groups they had each night. As Ms. Stodder-Caldwell stated, we were forced to sing children's nursery rhymes over and over. Songs had to be submitted to the counselors for approval – no love songs, etc. Pretty much the only things approved were kids songs and religious songs. We were forced to sing these songs even if it violated our religious beliefs (they were all Christian). Inmates patrolled the aisles during the singing, writing up anyone who was not clapping and singing as "refusing to comply with treatment." Often it took on the tone of a religious revival meeting, with songs about Jesus, crying, hands lifted into the air, etc. We often had religious groups (all Christian) come to the unit for "revivals." The counselors knew they could not force inmates to attend – however, we were told that if we refused, we would have to stay behind in the dorms scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush until it was over. In fact, scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush and water was a common "activity" during the later days of shutdown. After slaving for hours dusting and scrubbing, the counselors would come in, rub their fingers along something we knew was completely sparkling clean, and say, "This dorm is filthy! Do it again!" Some of the women would pretend to be cleaning under their bunks so they could shut their eyes for a few blessed seconds.

Well, sir, this has gotten way too long, and I apologize, but there is so much more than this that I could tell. So much brutality and evil and so much lying and covering up by TDCJ. I feared coming forward before now, as I was on probation until last April (2008). I was an RN who was addicted to Rx opiates, and my crime was calling in my own prescription for cough syrup. But now that I can speak up, I am so glad there is someone actually investigating this! Please let me know if I can help in any way, and feel free to use this information. Also, I give my consent to The Austin Chronicle reporter to contact me if she wishes, and please give my contact information to Ms. Stodder-Caldwell – I would love to talk to her if she would like.

Reporter's note: Wolf said that the lyrics inmates were forced to sing went like this:

Mama, Mama, look at me

I'm in a program called SAFP

I used to drive a little Ford

Now I'm cruisin' with the Lord

Another went like this:

I said recovery is cool

It'll blow your mind

If you work the 12 steps

You won't do no time

So, if it's not real for you

Like it is for me

And you want to stay out of the penitentiary

Go to SAFP!

Holy shit, I drink the fuck out of one of those and have had these exact problems. Even had a surgery fail due to skin and nerve related issues.
If this is real I think I'm going to sue the fuck out of the company, hit porky where it hurts.

WTF is that yellow shit?

Fat

I know Homefront's just a videogame, but unironically wish it wasn't. #DayOfTheGrill

You don't. My sister and her family went to San Francisco last year and got food poisoning. She said it was great at first, but then all started to taste like plastic and she saw sour apple ring sweets being sold next to actual apples at fruit stands.

DAILY REMINDER

#never4get

If socialism throws people like you in labour camps I'm willing to give it a go.

PS: REMOVE BURGER!

woah this post is radical.

Can I play too?

I wonder how did that parent get a BSc in EE when they never understood (or maybe just forgot?) that the most important part of any exercise is reading and actually understanding what the problem states. That exercise is about number lines, not subtraction, and Jack's mistake was that he did not do any "jump" for tens.

There was ginger pepsi? Why was I not told?

that's not exclusively american though

dat 2nd one
MUST PREVENT SOLIDARITY BY ANY MEANS

wut

my shame knows no bounds. Pls eurofags don't think us burgers are all that bad. Based New England does not condone the rest of this country, and will succeed in glorious revolution.

fuck off

imgur.com/a/FxHc9

I understand, you're just jealous. I would be too

New England is good because it has very few blacks and browns

Kek, why has this been going on for years and years, in the most armed country on the planet, and locals never get into gunfights with the local police force? Americans are cucked beyond belief.

MUST
CRUSH
HUMANITY

Egg yolk?

I can't fuckin wait to graduate and move to Britain. I just hope the economy doesn't crash and cause a fascist regime before then.

I have proposed, in the past, that the JDPON should disperse the Amerikkkans throughout the Third World instead of allowing them to remain in occupied North America. Here are some of my reasons:
1) A geographic concentration of Amerikkkans would facilitate counterrevolution. It would also be difficult to exercise proletarian dictatorship over hundreds of millions of enemies: we would need to import a huge unproductive sector of police and such from the Third World. As a practical matter, it would be better to thin the Amerikkkans out, making them minorities in the Third World, where they could easily be controlled and supervised by the international proletariat.

2) Amerikkkans will need to undergo re-education. It would be very difficult to re-educate them in their own kkkountry. They need to be in a proletarian environment where they can learn from the masses.
3) There are land claims to settle, mainly for the First Nations, but also for Aztlán [occupied Mexico – MSH) and perhaps the Black nation. Conceivably some other nations could be moved to North America if they wished to be, such as Nauru or the small nations in Ghana whose land has been ruined by imperialist corporations. Amerikkkans are going to have to move out of much of North America and make room for other nations.

I still think shilling an alt right flight is a good idea. Seen plenty of threads on 4/pol/ about wanting to give up on the US and leave.

I hate America and nearly everyone in it. Everything about America is meant to keep you retarded and never actually help you. Then everyone is okay with that. You have to give, but you never get. That isn't a relationship. That is slavery.

I hate this country, but I can't move. I don't even know where I'd move to. I'm trapped.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around that second picture. Who the fuck approved that? Who the FUCK approved that? How many fucking degrees of cucked do you have to be?

4) Amerikkkan kkkulture is almost totally reactionary. There is little worth saving in Amerikkkan kkkulture. It would be better to force Amerikkkans to assimilate to the more culturally and politically advanced peoples of the Third World. There is also historic justice in forcing Amerikkkans to assimilate, just as they destroyed so many other nations and cultures.
5) In the early stages of socialism, the Third World will require skilled workers and technicians of various kinds, including medical personnel. These persyns are disproportionately concentrated in the First World. Moving them to the Third World will be a practical way to address an urgent need.
6) The Third World is also owed big reparations. An excellent way to make those reparations is to put Amerikkkans to work building infrastructure in the Third World: roads, housing, water supplies, sewage, electricity, telecommunications, schools. Amerikkkans can also work in Third World factories and fields to expand production for the benefit of the Third World.

ikr, It seems like everyone in this shithole is completely fucking spooked and classcucked, what the fuck went so wrong. People work so hard for so little but don't see anything wrong with it and think it's good.

Baby boomers lived under Keynesianism for a while but were told it was ancapistan. Then they got told all this Keynesianism that "suddenly" appeared was creeping socialism and it had to be eliminated. They bought it because of years of associating socialism with existential terror (look up the Duck and Cover shit they showed kids in school). And then once they gained control of government and media they started shoveling the same ideas and rhetoric at younger generations in a cycle of abuse. Only the internet has allowed people to access more information and see what a crock of shit the whole thing is. Which is why efforts to clamp down on the internet are so relentless.

America™ truly is one of the freest countries in the world.

more

We could just let them have Namibia. I mean, it's arguably the single most desolate country in the world and there's barely anyone there.

boi

Where are those from?

This puts Garbage pail kids in a whole new light.

Glad that soon I’ll no longer be a burger.

If you think that’ll be possible you’re retarted.

How is garbage pail kids not SFW? That's shit's made for kids.

It's not like you'd get any of it. Despite our reputation, burgers don't actually ever buy all the retarded toaster ovens with radio antennae or whatever bullshit you see on store shelves. But it's still FUCKING EVERYWHERE, which makes you wonder who the hell is buying it.

I literally have no idea how American retail chains are still solvent, it defies logic.

They don't put all those chemicals in there for nothing.

I wanna leave Burgerstan but I don't have any awesome skills and I have no idea where I would go. Who would even take me? And then there's my friends and family to worry about…

Same here. :/

Sucks doesn't it?

At this point it seems like I just have to go solo dolo and make a beachhead in some other country and invite everybody over when I got everything setup. Waiting for my 'normie' family to abandon America is like waiting for Godot.

I just want to say fuck New York. Y'all are loud douchebags who don't know how to party or how to fight.

I could never live there, especially downtown. I Stayed in the 6th floor of ahotel in Manhattan near Broadway and I could hear the loud drunken bantz of every passerby at street level. Those fucking megalithic concrete corridors have better acoustics than the Hollywood Bowl.

Any thoughts on the Trump rally in Phoenix? Dude's losing it.

I think he's making America great again.

How long before one of these kids develop super powers and come looking for revenge?

Depends, what languages do you speak? Canada and Scotland would probably both be fairly easy.

Youre not american, howard, youre a bogan

Osama did literally nothing wrong post 1995. All these images prove it

I only speak English. I work in the horticulture industry, so I probably need to learn Spanish.

where can I learn to read Russian?

I meant more 'could you reasonably move to a non-English speaking country'. Moving to bongland apparently requires British ancestry or a job offer, if you've got qualifications the latter is maybe an option. I know less about other countries.

I'd like to avoid Britain if at all possible. Burgerland and Bongland are attached at the hip.

if you don't critically support Osama Bin Laden you aren't a leftist tbh

If you're a lefty Scotland (still the UK strictly speaking but politically very different) is much more agreeable than England, but you might also get on with either Canada or New Zealand. Avoid Australia.