Communication

What is with the shit typing around here lately? Poor grammar, confusing typos, and unironic phone shorthand that all make it a chore to understand posts… Is it that much to ask that you proofread your post every now and then?

When you make it tedious to communicate, when you discourage people from posting articulate arguments and replies because they expect insipid and confusing responses, you lower the overall level of discourse here.

Please read this short essay by a skilled English writer to better understand the importance of clear communication, especially in politics where it matters most:

orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/

Rant aside, this can also be a thread about how to effectively communicate leftist ideas to laypersons.

I prefer not to use phrases like "private property" or "value" when speaking with normies because they mean entirely different things to Marxists than they do in normal discussion.

What's your fucking problem? I don't speak english on a daily basis an di live ina city with little to no tourism, so i don't have to bother to learn propper english just to please you. If you can understand it, it's good enough.
Fucnking anglo-turd thinking that everybody has to speak and write english like fucking TS Elliot or Oscar Wilde. Fuck off.
Oh and yes i use a lot fo profanity in english as opposed to when i speak my native language, because i don't give a fuck. It's cooler being rude in english.

Friendly reminder that ironic shitposting taken too far leads to unironic shitposting. It's exactly how Holla Forums became stormfront and how Holla Forums started liking Halo and Call of Duty.

capital letters and full stops are literally pointless in one sentence posts

How is your word wall any better?

It's clear and easy to read? Unlike some posts around here lately.

i sloppily phonepost in unimportant threads like the happening one, but agree with the sentiment of OP overall

there's always a place for a couple extra empty lines though.

As a non-native English speaker I'd say that bad English is much harder for me to understand. For example, trying to guess which homophone of a word someone wrote they actually meant to to write is quite confusing.

he was a fucking snitch

We've had an influx of newfags from reddit and other internet shitholes recently, and they haven't assimilated into the board's culture yet.

Kys OP

see

You should stop before it's too late and people genuinely think you're an imbecile.

back to >>>/leddit/

Posted on image boards for over a decade and have never owned a reddit account. There is literally nothing wrong with spacing to make posts and thoughts more easily digested.

Considering how easily duped by this ironic spacing meme you are, perhaps it is you, in fact, who is the newfaggot.

no. im just annoyed by people who dont have anything worthwhile to say and compensate by writing like autistic gentlesirs. as long as the content is good, who cares how it's framed?

I don't really give a fuck of people adhere to bourgeois grammar standards but post quality has been steadily dropping for months now. The Charlottesville shit has driven us off a cliff tho.

You should read the thread OP if you're still confused on why it matters. Communicate like a slob and you'll think like a slob. Worse though, communicate like a slob and you'll make others think like slobs and argue like slobs.

well for me its a mix of phone posting because Im at work and the fact that english isnt my native language. It also doesnt help I have minor dyslexia. No bulli ;_;

dont care. the few occassion there's theory threads worth discussing in i proof read my posts and use proper grammar. otherwise i post as usual

That sort of spacing is something that's probably a habit from writing in double space word documents. It's merely a stylistic choice, hardly an attempt to appear erudite.

And who the fuck cares about space usage? It's an imageboard not a living room, you just scroll down barely an inch.

One of the more petty autistic grievances I've seen on this site tbh.

He just demonstrated why spacing is discouraged. Quit being such an ugly American and adapt to the culture instead of insisting it adapt to your tastes.

bump

CAVEMAN NO NEED PROPER ENGLISH.

Yeah, I've noticed this. The increase in the amount of people who accidentally use the complete opposite word creating nonsensical statements is baffling.

Mobileposting should be made impossible.

This. For instance, don't say bourgeoisie, say boss-class.