Stirner or Nietzsche?

Why would anyone waste time reading Stirner when they can just read Nietzsche?

Because they are vastly different ?
Nietzche hates nihilism.

because the Egoist and Ubermensch are two completely different fucking things?

How are they different, though?

Why not both?

Stirner advocates Union of egoists, and says there is nothing higher than the Me.
Nietzche thinks the Ubermensch should walk alone (or only with other Ubermenschen, it would then be a duty to only walk with them.)
Nietzche also thinks that the idea of the Ubermensch exists and is something much greater than me.

Lastly, Nietzche was pretty spooked by muh German superiority, mih Kultur, muh Jews who invented slave morality and so on.

Foucault.

At least read the SEP articles on Nietzsche before you say anything you little shit.

How is the Rose wrong?

I've read Nietzche you arrogant person.

And reading Nietzsche is shit all without an investigation to the massive works that proceed it intellectually. I haven't and I can tell you're still off. My question is how you actually interpreted Nietzsche to feel sentimental to the Germans? Half of his books degrade them over and over for what they really are. How was he spooked about culture? Nietzsche recognized it's ideological importance if anything, and like Stirner were interested in the development of the free self conscious individual. How was he spooked about Jews? He analysed the ideological importance of the values the Jews held as a race that was dominated by others through history. That is the base of the slave morality and with it its counterpart, master morality. These were just analytical terms to interpret how history has developed value wise in its struggle around one thing: power. That's not very spooky at all is it?

Young Nietzsche was partial to the Germans.

I don't understand why anyone would waste time reading ANY philosopher when they could just read Stirner.

For fun and to gather material for conversation.

Why not read both? A Hegelian reading of Nietzsche gets you pretty close to Stirner already. And anyways Nietzsche writes beautifully and is a way more interesting figure than Stirner.

Just wanted to butt in here with what I know of Nietzsche because he's messy.

Been a while since I read him but Nietzsche didn't appear to be a Jew-hater or anything, and while not exactly touting it as something we should cling to, he appreciated the development of Judeo morality as a great achievement of mankind either way.

completely wrong rosa-killer san. Nietzsche hated german culture so much he self-identified as polish by the end of his life and praised the jews as great innovators of philosophy.

stirner is fine if you want to jerk off about your own unique uniqueness and post dank memes on the intertubes, but by itself its not something that gives you a full understanding of the world. Most stirner memers on here don't seem very knowledgable of philosophy, hell, many of them probably didn't even read Stirner

Distinguishing

he hated german nationalism and was an anti-antisemite although his sister certainly was a fascist who suspiciously published some of his stuff after hos death. many times his rhetoric was a sleight at christianity when the jews were brought up (although christendom might be a better way to put this). im not an expert on Nietszche but ive been reading more and more of him lately and find all of these charges brought against him to be false

Nietzche was a vitalist, Stirner was closer to nihilism

While at the same time considering them the creators of slave morality, a philosophy for subhumans by subhumans.
Read On genealogy of Morality, he claims not to be anti-Semitic, but he still harbours some contempt for them.

As for the German nationalism part, yes he hates Germany and hates the German nationalists, but that's because they are a parody of what he thinks the Übermensch is, because they mask their insecurities with a love for Germany.

He was influenced by German mythos, I don't see how you could deny that.

the third reich represents the glorious culmination to over 500 years of german art, culture and philosophy… the ultimate Gesamtkunstwerk

So much that he claimed to be Polish. There has never been a hate more pure.

He never said slave morality was a purely negative thing. And besides the fact Nietzsche blames christianity for propagating slave morality more than he blames jews.

How can Nietzsche still be this widely misunderstood by such a wide swathe of the population, in the digital era?

Welp, guess I have to read him myself!

Both the left and the right like to misuse and interpret Nietzsche for their own purposes. It's pretty interesting how one philosopher can be used by entire spectrum of political thought. I still need to finish The Gay Science

read stirner first then read nietzsche

those images turn people away from egoism, please no more

I think it's cute!