Vaporwave thread

This isn't leftytrash because it has the perfect attributes to be a form of leftist propaganda. (or détournement if you will).
So why aren't you producing vaporwave?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultra-com.org/project/swoosh/
youtube.com/watch?v=LjCaXW5dTYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because it's dumb

There was a Zizek vaporwave webm that I saw floating around here and it was really fucking good but I can't find it. Does anyone have it?

because it's a fucking meme that's about as "anti-capitalist" as Che Guevara t-shirts.

This board somehow got worse.

You see.. appreciation of things you find interesting doesn't exist. Fun isn't allowed on leftypol

there is nothing interesting about vaporwave

what even

I love vaporwave and I been interested in start producing music but don't know where to start
I really want to mix vaporwave with rock

ultra-com.org/project/swoosh/

It functions as an alternative to mainstream capitalist culture, because it's made by proles.
It's a breath of fresh air that's easy to make, and for as long as it exists it shows people that there is an alternative at least.
You could argue about the whole "non-place" and phenomenological aspects thing, but the important part is that it's literally what debord theorized we needed as an actual subculture, a counter-culture who uses capitalism against itself by modifying it.

Big business could try, but we can only hope that the attributes that make vaporwave what it is would make it impractical to be successful in that context.

While i like very much of vaporwave, its true, it could be apropriated by the bussiness like everything. Specially cultural industry, that is focused on "rehash"/revivals.

i mean look, OP's pic-related is just a wacky-looking pepsi can. It's practically begging to be used in marketing

This thread reminded me another (very good) one about hauntology/nostalgia

I actually really want to, I even have vague ideas on what I'd like to do, but I find the whole concept so confusing.

Like, take sampling for example. How the fuck does anyone listen to a song, find a specific part and think "this would sound great mapped onto a piano roll and then the specific parts played in this specific order"?

Maybe I should stick to the pleb way of just slowing down songs and adding kicks, idk.

The music itself would be hard to market, and I guess it just has to be done right with the visual aspect.
Warp it to the point of being unrecognizable maybe.

Not really hard to loop things if that's what you mean, cut out any random part one or two bars long, stretch it, and make sure it's seamlessly looping by either tampering with the length or drenching it in effects.
Repeat until you find something that sounds relaxing and gloomy.
The idea is to make it gloomy, keep that in mind.

Nah I get looping, I'm talking more about this:

youtube.com/watch?v=LjCaXW5dTYw

Although I've never made anything before, so maybe I'm just getting way ahead of myself.

Grafton Tanner did a couple of interesting interviews with Doug Lain and the Discourse Collective about the culturally reflective nature of vaporwave. Anybody read his book, the Babbling Corpse?

thanks Bat'ko

cargo cult retards, copying shit with 0% understanding

listen, nobody fucking cares about your walls of text, your tons of books, your explanations, excuses, theories, propaganda, advice, etc etc
nobody fucking cares
people just want results, that's what everyone cares about, results, nobody cares about excuses for not having results, results are all there is

take racism for example
imagine a feral group of shitskins raping or stealing or burning down your car or whatever
what the working masses actually want is their hard earned peace and quiet, and so they join/call the local skinheads and boom, problem solved, permanently
meanwhile leftists would offer books and theories and explanations and arguments and excuses that no one gives a shit while he is getting robbed and raped

take economics for example
as long as you obey the most basic rules of physics, such as resources being limited, you are going to prosper
meaning be a grown up, eat the veggies before desert, do the job before you do a hobby, dont take loans to invest in unprofitable bullshit, dont take student loans to study fucking art or other shit you dont even need a licence to do, be a grown up, be responsible, become a doctor/engineer/someone else with marketable skills, and do hobby shit when you actually earned enough resources for it

meanwhile entire leftist econo-socio-political philosophy consists of "imagine how nice it would be if someone else solved all the problems, and shared the solution with everyone, for free, for no reason, like its fucking easy, or even possible, for someone else to provide for you infinitely for no reason"

are you for real nigga? vaporwave was originally made by leftists with the intention of being leftist.
good for you. didn't read lol

I've got a little economic riddle for you:
Labour supply 7 billion and increasing.
Labour demand ~6 billion and falling.
What is likely to happen to the price of Labour under standard microeconomic models, since supply cannot be reduced in short order?

This is as autistic as neetsocs trying to prove hitler would approve of their harem animes. You should be gulaged.

I hope someone jams bamboo under your fingernails. I really hope everyone in your life realizes how much of a worthless piece of shit you are. I really wish you would just die so that whatever is being wasted on you can go to someone useful.

I don't know how to. Do you know any good Vaporwave-producing software.