ITT: we post the accumulation of the Spectacle

ITT: we post the accumulation of the Spectacle

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8nuMCinj18
thedesk.matthewkeys.net/2013/12/heres-how-conan-obrien-gets-news-anchors-to-say-the-same-thing/
youtube.com/watch?v=JVQH-dYIzgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck is that

youtube.com/watch?v=f8nuMCinj18

bamp

Every day we stray further from Marx's light

memes

is this just like some goofy gookified version of newgrounds / stick death type shit or is Holla Forums right?

Fuck, Newgrounds content was at least coherent in content. That last thumbnail is legitimately scary and I could see a kid getting panic out of seeing that.

They only get views (and thus propagate) because you can mine clicks from kids searching up "mickey mouse" on youtube.

The reason they exist is the same as always, animators are usually fucked up

Are you doing online blackface?

well people got tired of the over intellectual style so i changed it up. remember, just culture and poverty. culture and poverty. ;^)

What, in the OP? It's a bunch of stuff meant to gather views based on high SEO (just optimizing to an algorithm in general) and thumbnails. The content of them is nonsense and unimportant.

the spectacle

people are drawing and/or playing in videos that vaguely resemble bad trips on cough syrup, all to satisfy the gods of automated ad revenue. this is being applauded by comments that range between markov chain bots and alphabet soup.

what a time to be alive.

It's a way of taking advantage of youtubes automated tag system to profit from ads. It's clickbait for kids.

This is quite degenerate, famalam.

And not the kind of beautiful/cute degenerate like the japs do.

Wow, normies really live in a dystopia, don't they? And they don't even know it.

Well that's something…

its the most chilling thing I think I've ever seen. Like the planets fucking aligned around that phrase and the whole universe was in sync to tell you to BUY SHIT FOR YOURSELF THIS CHRISTMAS. Honestly I can see where the Satanic Alien Jew World Order crowd are coming from when I watch this

But there's really nothing conspiratorial about it. They're just airing what CNN sends them.

I'm assuming it wasn't on purpose, which makes it even spookier IMO. Material conditions were such that near enough the same phrase came out of at least 50 different influential mouthpieces without prompt

pls explain. The CNN delivers pre-made news stories to all these channels, including the NBC and FOX affiliated channels?
I'm not American but I find this interesting.
I know the John Oliver did a interesting take on sinclair media corporation, but that probably means some one else did it better, any recent and good books/articles/documentaries on this?

This article explains it: thedesk.matthewkeys.net/2013/12/heres-how-conan-obrien-gets-news-anchors-to-say-the-same-thing/

This is part of the mechanism by which a few corporations manage to set the media narrative for all of America. Local channels barely do any national reporting of their own.

Most local news station don't really have the budget for anything like their own investigative reporting. It's why they're called "your local FOX/NBC/XYZ affiliate." They get material fed to them from the big station and the "reporters" at the affiliate regurgitate it.

why are all those videos either ultraviolent or full of weird fetish undertones?

It has to be approved by lefty think tanks like Media Matters. When networks like CNN report it earliest they are taking a risk that their stories might not be factual. Notice how at the same time everyone in the US media pivoted from collusion with the Russian government towards the investigation into the Trump family's finances. If they were really independent at least some of them would have looked at the Hillary camp's dealings with "the Russians" as well as pizzagate. Each and every media outlet, even so-called alternative not-for-profit media muddied the waters with pizzagate in the same way, narrowing in on exactly the same single conspiracy theory. I find it improbable that the not-for-profit media would parrot stories from CNN.

Everyone watching this will think they are woke as fuck uncovering some conspiracy but the only thing they will remember a month later is that it is okay to buy Christmas presents for yourself.

I think you just summarized how the Spectacle and ideology in general work. Holy fuck user, it might not seem like you wrote much but that sentence alone illuminates so much.

Christmas sales have been way lower than expected the past couple of years, and Porky is spooked as fuck about it

Because kids love sex and violence.

Does having such a large brain hurt?

huh.

youtube.com/watch?v=JVQH-dYIzgg

Does this count?

It commodifies rebellion and, implicitly, awareness of the world?

itsh like the plashtic penish dildosh and fleshlight analogy
s y n t h e t i c s e x

Hmm. When I was little TV programming traumatized me
Newer generations will instead get traumatized by youtube

kek