China's 21st Century Revolutionary Potential

Is it too late? China's a state capitalist country which is a far cry from what Mao had in mind for his people, but the "communist" party's still in power and is prolly filled with a lotta idealistic officials that still love Mao and don't like how The People's Republic's becoming more and more like The Burgerstan Caliphate. Plus there's gotta be a couple hundred million Chinese people that still hold actual leftist views that could make their voices heard enough to make a difference in their society.

Are the Chinese doomed to become an imperialist superpower like America is today or is there hope that they'll reconnect with their Maoist roots someday?

I think the first pic is from North Korea

China is already starting to engage in Imperialism. Yes, it's too late.

They're what Google came up with when I searched for "Chinese communist youth".

Who says you can't bring yourself back from standing at the precipice of imperialism though? Russia did it.

Maybe just maybe the fact that they call themselves commies is more than nothing. Who knows tho.
How probable is a party coup to ever happen?

Stop bringing up Mao. Mao only made the national bourgeoisie more powerful and immune to market forces while passing on the burden to the poor. Basically, there was never any revolutionary potential even during the cultural revolution

Bullshit. That was the actual revolution.

You are kidding me right? Not even leftcoms believe this.

There’s always the Maoist Communist Party of China or the Communist Party of the Republic of China.

needed bump

Mao didn't want the workers to actually take power, he merely tried to sic them on his bureaucratic rivals. When the GPRC started spinning out of control and the workers started demanding better wages conditions and control of production, Mao condemned them for being economistic revisionists who should better stick to targeting the designated monsters of the week.

Is china capitalism or a degenerate workers state.

Capitalism

So it needs another workers revoultion?

yes

Doesn't seem likely. When china collapses people won't blame capitalism they will probally blame communism.

This.

New Democracy was straight out of the Menshevik playbook

Some Trots think it can be called a deformed workers' state still.

Pretty much everyone else thinks it's just straight capitalist.

anyone that's ever been to china can see it's an ultracapitalist state.

when the CCP stops delivering economic growth loads of interesting stuff can happen.

Chinese society has enormous capitalist elements, but the state apparatus is essentially the same as it was in 1949, i.e., a deformed workers' state run by a Stalinist bureaucracy.