Daily News Thread 7/30

Venezuela Votes for National Constituent Assembly: Live Updates

The National Constituent Assembly is intended to further develop the country's democracy and help ease tensions with the opposition.
telesurtv.net/english/news/Venezuela-Votes-for-National-Constituent-Assembly-Live-Updates-20170729-0024.html

Putin Says U.S. Must Cut 755 Russia Staff in Sanctions Reprisal

Russia has told the U.S. it must cut staff at its embassy and other facilities in Russia by 755 people by Sept. 1 in retaliation for a new sanctions law passed by the U.S. Congress last week, President Vladimir Putin said.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-30/putin-says-u-s-must-cut-755-russia-staff-in-sanctions-reprisal

U.S. flies bombers over Korean peninsula after North Korea missile test

The United States flew two supersonic B-1B bombers over the Korean peninsula in a show of force on Sunday and the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said China, Japan and South Korea needed to do more after Pyongyang's latest missile tests.
reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-idUSKBN1AF02K

China Bets Trump Won't Resort to Strike Against North Korea

China is betting that U.S. President Donald Trump won’t make good on his threats of a military strike against North Korea, with Beijing continuing to provide a lifeline to Kim Jong Un’s regime.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-29/china-bets-trump-won-t-resort-to-military-strike-on-north-korea

Laurianne Rossi, French MP, punched in Paris market

A man has been arrested after punching a female MP from President Emmanuel Macron's party in the head in a southern Paris suburb.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-40769593

Saudi Arabia says calls for internationalization of holy sites 'a declaration of war'

Saudi Arabia's foreign minister called Qatar's demands for an internationalization of the Muslim hajj pilgrimage a declaration of war against the kingdom, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television said on Sunday, although it was unclear whether Qatar had actually made any such demand.
reuters.com/article/us-gulf-qatar-haj-idUSKBN1AF0L3

Defcon vote-hacking village shows that "secure" voting machines can be broken in minutes

Since the 2000 Bush-Gore election crisis and the hanging-chad controversy, voting machine vendors have been offering touchscreen voting machines as a solution to America's voting woes – and security researchers have been pointing out that the products on offer were seriously, gravely defective.
boingboing.net/2017/07/30/voter-hacking-village.html

South Korea baby bust as birth rate falls to record low

The growth of South Korea's population this year will be the slowest rate ever recorded, despite efforts to boost it, officials say.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-40769591

Bolivian president calls US ‘threat to international law, UN’ over ‘unilateral’ Russia sanctions

Bolivian President Evo Morales slammed the US as a “threat to multilateralism, international law, the UN,” and condemned the latest round of sanctions against Russia.
rt.com/news/397985-russia-sanctions-bolivia-morales/

UK strips 150 ‘jihadists and criminals’ of citizenship in major clampdown on extremism

The UK has stripped more than 150 suspected jihadists and criminals of their citizenship as part of counter terrorism efforts aimed at curbing extremism and preventing returning ISIS militants from embedding themselves in civil society.
rt.com/uk/398018-uk-strips-jihadists-passports/

The ‘Incredible Shrinking Airline Seat’ Gets a U.S. Court Rebuke

If you think the government should do something about the cramped legroom on airplanes, you’ve got a friend in a federal court.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-28/u-s-court-rebukes-faa-over-incredible-shrinking-airline-seat

Apple says it is removing VPN services from China App Store

Apple Inc says it is removing virtual private network (VPN) services from its app store in China, drawing criticism from VPN service providers, who accuse the U.S. tech giant of bowing to pressure from Beijing cyber regulators.
reuters.com/article/us-china-apple-vpn-idUSKBN1AE0BQ

Other urls found in this thread:

telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Trump-Is-Not-the-Venezuelan-Supreme-Court-20170730-0021.html
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-30/trump-s-new-chief-of-staff-is-destined-to-fail
boingboing.net/2017/07/30/voter-hacking-village.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP/ED

Trump Is Not the Venezuelan Supreme Court

Imperial delusions about Venezuela keep getting worse.
telesurtv.net/english/opinion/Trump-Is-Not-the-Venezuelan-Supreme-Court-20170730-0021.html

Trump's New Chief of Staff Is Destined to Fail

John Kelly's military background will work against him.
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-30/trump-s-new-chief-of-staff-is-destined-to-fail

Meanwhile the liberals and milquetoast-marxists told me Trump is an ultra super mega capitalist bilionaire that will create some super corporationland to enslave us all. But then Trump goes and shuts down TPP, doesn't let that AT&T merger go through, and wants to trust bust google, facebook, amazon, intel, and a bunch of other corporations.

I don't think I can take it anymore. Nothing makes any sense.

But his agenda is explicitly neoliberal? The renegotiation of NAFTA was explicitly pro-business, nigga.

So are they at war or not?

Chad insurrection when?

everything trump does the liberals react with contrarianism out of spite.
Trump could cure cancer and install fully automated luxury space communism and the liberals will react by becoming hardcore capitalists that are pro cancer.

The liberals have no interest in improving the material conditions of the proles, this is about psychological catharsis for them. The evil white man who is the epitome of everything they hate beat them when they were conducting a idpol culture war jihad in the obama years against white men and every form of media, he beat them when they were told they would be in power forever now because of the magic negro.

I mean trump isnt even the typical republican, him and the gop establishment are always batting heads. The libs really hate trump because he talks shit back, and he can by pass the media by sending out tweets.

Another thing is trump pretty much destroyed white feminism by slapping Hillary the fuck down, he destroyed that toxic feminism that goes on about wanting more women ceo's.

I guess you can pretty much guarantee that libs will be anxiety and rage filled wrecks for the next 4 years only taking breaks to weep softly into their bed pillow every time the bad man makes a tweet

daily reminder newsanon is best poster here

also does Holla Forums have anything this based?

They already are.

IMO it's not. Neoliberalism seemed to be about expanding the arena for western corps to play in, so to speak. Various factions of the bourgeoisie used the government as a medium, and different sectors of the economy had different objectives, different advocates, etc. I think we've reached the point of capital accumulation where conglomerates have grown so few and so large that the only way to get a decisive upper hand is by capturing the entire governmental apparatus.

If a crash is indeed coming, then the office of the president is going to be uniquely placed to pick the winners and losers from the economic fallout. I think at the moment, everyone is jockeying for position and I would theorize that there's lots of deal making behind the scenes, not just in the political sense, but outright business deals. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Trump is uninterested in actually governing, and sees it as a distraction from what he really came to office to do, which I believe is to sell it, more or less.

Not that I think for a second that previous presidents weren't also trading political favors for cash or some kind of quid pro quo, but I think the character of the Trump presidency represents a significant material change, from electing a politician/leader to electing an executive/boss.

With that in mind, I think that the neoliberal era of lassez faire global capital is drawing to a close and that a new era of vicious economic competition is about to begin, dominated by multinational conglomerates of cyclopean dimensions. I don't know if Trump has even considered that, but I do think at least he knows a major disruption is coming and realizes that the seat of the president is an incredibly advantageous position.

What sparked these posts?

There is a lot of Russian propaganda on this board.

All the Russian symbolism

yeah these posts are a lil sus tbh

I just was wondering if I was missing an article talking about "Trump does good thing" or if anons just randomly brought the topic up.

Hasn't that always been the case, though?

cowards

To be fair, the second one seems fairly accurate, the libs have been going full retard since the election.

Not sure if shitposting

To be honest I don't really think Trump is the one anticipating these sorts of changes, but rather its the people who financed him in the election and who make up most of his cabinet. Trump just seems to be a senile old narcissist who's very easily influenced, as demonstrated by his constant flipflops on foreign policy every time he speaks to some foreign representative.
He's not some 69D chessmaster, quite the opposite- he's simply a game piece with a bunch of different people bickering over how they should move him next.

So how will these sanctions affect the Iran deal?

You mean as based as newsanon or as that sweet thing on your pic?

I heard that back in 2008.

Capitalism died in 2008. The world just hasn't figured that out yet.

I meant someone as based as our boy newsanon. I already know that Holla Forums doesnt have qts.

They're pulling a Weekend at Bernie's with it.

You've been describing neoliberalism this entire post. The agenda Trump is content with cause the things you're talking about. Reminder Trump is a billionaire himself and it's within his class interest for these things to happen.

>boingboing.net/2017/07/30/voter-hacking-village.html

I'm trying to spark a movement for election integrity in my own community and I would really like to know the exact models that were hacked here.

Aha, it looks like the notorious AccuVote-TSX was definitely at the convention. Now I need to know what they got out of it.

To a greater or lesser degree. The office of the president has greatly expanded powers now compared to Roosevelt, or even Reagan. Executive orders have basically become the junk drawer of political power, especially as congress grows increasingly uninterested in opposing, much less challenging, the president.

To be sure. I think that either it was someone that he was paying pointed it out to him, or as you said, someone that was paying him. In any case, I think the reason for it is for him to play kingmaker when the bottom drops out of the economy.

And they weren't wrong then, either. The entire economic paradigm since then has (ostensibly) been maintaining the neoliberal economic order, and it's become apparent to everyone on the planet that it isn't working.

Woah, you caught me, megabrain. The point is that neoliberalism is in its death throes and Trump may be the one to put it out of its misery, and when that happens the trappings of democracy and even civilian governments in general are going to be eclipsed as conglomerates take increasingly extreme measures to maintain the RoP.

If the neoliberal era (already defined by fierce competition between huge conglomerates in a lassez faire environment) is about to close, what will distinguish it from this new era that comes after its downfall?

wew lad

(cory doctorow is still a huge faggot tho)

Yep. It is just like how Trumptards/ethnonationalists react to immediately oppose whatever the liberals (in the American sense of the word) want to do. That is because they are two branches of the same system, and their only purpose is to frame all political conflict within the narrow confines of what is beneficial to the ruling class. Each side supports ideals so vague that they can be made to support just about any real-world action. Indeed, the two frequently trade policies with one another–the side that once supported an action now opposes it, and the side that once opposed the same action now supports it. It is nothing but a distraction from what is actually being done.

A big war probably.

This needs to be memed.