Wikileaks - Vault 7: Imperial

wikileaks.org/vault7/releases/#Imperial

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/Gentoo_Hardened_and_Stack_Clash
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Aeris
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I don't know computers. How bad is all this?

How can these people live with themselves? They reference all this shit about fighting evil and tyranny while working for and as the foot soldiers of one of the most evil tyrannies on the planet. How can they delude themselves into thinking they fight for freedom while working for the Empire?

That's a scary ass name for a root kit, doesn't sound random at all.
Reminds me of a chase I read about.
This teacher who got busted for CP, never admitted guilt. Then like ten years later they get an anonymous tip to check the computer for viruses, it's still in evidence so they do. Turns out it was just a prank where some angry student used a kit to upload the photos.

Wouldn't be surprised if CIA planed something similar with this shit. Plant incriminating pictures on some "bad guys" laptop, call local police, presto. Great way to get people that are operating out of your official legal jurisdiction.

I have no clue what any of this means

What does it do? I can't really read that word salad

remote access

Not bad at all, unless you're some kind of lumpenprole.

With the special feature that this one is tailored to several common linux and BSD distros: "Debian, RHEL, Solaris, FreeBSD, CentOS"

OSX is not the lumpen choice. It's the hipster choice. It's the starbucks choice.

The class traitors are weeaboos.

The furfags and the horsefuckers are traitors as well.

That's what happens when you get a career.

He pisses me off even without context…

Kek
Waifu war now.

OIMAJINN MI SUPRIZE

EIMOYGIN MOI SUPPLEX

yeah, but do we know how recent the information from this leak is? Are they indicative of the agency's current capabilities, or just further proof that linux based systems are being successfully targeted?
Achilles and SeaPea are dated as revised in 2011, Aeris has no date in the manual, but is obviously more recent since wheezy was released in 2013.
I'm just a pleb, but it seems to me Aeris could be intended for infrastructure and other systems that are costly to update and require stability, hospitals, power plants, military etc. I think the US army uses RHEL, and it wouldn't surprise me if China, Russia and Iran has a lot of important shit running on Debian wheezy systems.

learn to read before you embarrass yourself further

It's not even a vunerability, it's just malware.
A properly updated wheezy would protect it from this.
That said there was a more bigger vunerability that came out a month ago.
Just remember to emerge @world with the -fstack-check c and cxxflag.
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Hardened/Gentoo_Hardened_and_Stack_Clash