Muammar Gaddafi

Why did they do it, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMQ9J5o5zic
dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/michael-parenti-privatization-of-libya-the-face-of-imperialism-christian-parenti-tropic-of-chaos/
youtube.com/watch?v=ECko3KDC2w8
youtu.be/7_4sKLS9Wr8?t=4m52s
youtu.be/ywQg9cVDo1Y?t=12m55s
youtu.be/PH9joDDp-7A?t=27m26s
youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
openrevolt.info/2011/10/26/kropotkin-and-qadhafi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here you go:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMQ9J5o5zic

this is fucking Holla Forums and all of the things mentioned in the RT Clips are just knowledeable individuals about Libya being interviewed no "propaganda"

He wanted to get off of the petro dollar which would have had a domino effect in Africa (and possibly all over the world) leading to massive deflation, followed by inflation within the United States essentially ending American imperialism.
tl;dr He did nothing wrong.

this

also this:
dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/michael-parenti-privatization-of-libya-the-face-of-imperialism-christian-parenti-tropic-of-chaos/

because this is a hell world and we can't have good things

Gaddafi was going to create a gold backed currency that would undermine Anglo-american hegemony, likewise Saddam with an oil backed monetary unit

Gaddafi may have been kind of a shitty dictator
But he was the best dictator in the Middle East or Africa

our boy G in nazbol heaven now

Jimmy Dore talked about this recently.

youtu.be/7_4sKLS9Wr8?t=4m52s

youtu.be/ywQg9cVDo1Y?t=12m55s

youtu.be/PH9joDDp-7A?t=27m26s

Soon…

This. And also he wanted to create an African union, and multi-country unions are only allowed in the first world.

In other words, wrongthink

i concede gaddafi did good things,

hmm, from what i've been hearing, sounds like you're next John.

anyone have any reading on the jamahiyiria councils?, sounds like something us anarchists would want

this is now a John Mccain thread

haha oh wow

it's like poetry

youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

Speaking of which
openrevolt.info/2011/10/26/kropotkin-and-qadhafi/

i'll read as soon as i get the chance

Three primary reasons.

Firstly, he was the biggest proponent of an African Union on the continent.
As such a nation would be extremely resource rich and wealthy.
It was seen as a threat to American interests.

Secondly, he wanted to create a gold backed currency that would have directly threatened the American petro-dollar.
This alone would have had him ear-marked for death.

Finally, he was a convenient scapegoat for a large number of problems caused by both Syria and Iran.
Unlike both Syria and Iran, Libya was diplomatically isolated, meaning that military action could be taken against it without fear of repercussions by any allies.
I highly recommend the documentary 'Hyper-Normalisation' if you want to lean more about this point.

Non-meme answer : he literally tried to kill his own people in Benghazi.
The army he sent here was explicitly ordered to raze the town and plant a sign : "Here was Benghazi".

He was always a fucking clown and was never treated seriously by any other world leader, even the other loony African dictators. No, he was never going to challenge the petrodollar or any of that tinfoil Holla Forums-tier nonsense. You want to know the real reason? It's because Western politicians are short-sighted, rash idiots. That's it, that's literally it.

When the Arab Spring started and they started toppling their dictators, the liberal media criticized the French political leadership for not supporting the opposition in Tunis until they have already won. So when protests started in Libya as well, everyone assumed Gaddafi will be overthrown just as easily, so all the politicians scrambled to be the first one to show support for the opposition to earn liberal brownie points. Of course what happened is that since Gaddafi is a fucking lunatic he sent in the army and started crushing the opposition, and he got butthurt at the Western betrayal and decided to stop throwing money at Westerners to like him and to kick their companies out of the country. And of course, if there's one thing porky hates, it's losing money, so they scrambled and had to support the opposition in Libya to overthrow him, since the new government would be more susceptible to their parasitic ways.

TLDR: Blame France.

You forgot about all that fresh water

Ben Ali was better.

CAN'T MOSSAD THE ASSAD

Pro-Tip: "He Tried to Kill His Own People" almost always translates to "There were Reactionary Rebels 10x Worse than the 'Dictator' We Hate Doing Bad Shit to People so Said Dictator Put Them Down"

Why do tankies suck authoritarian dictators cock ?
Next time you'll tell me the Jamahiyiria had actual power.

fuck you, I don't see the world in black and white

why are anarkiddies and krypto liberals always sucking al qaeda/NATO cock?

Why can't I criticise both ?
Gaddafi literally funded terrorism as much as the Americans did in the Cold War, by the way.

you mean freedom fighting

the Hillary email leaks explicitly mention Gaddafi's rejection of the petrodollar as a direct threat to French/US hegemony in Africa requiring direct intervention.

Unverified and unreliable source, the "proof" I've seen on 4/pol/ was shady as fuck.

Good for u here's a cookie :^)

Wew

Americans hate the truth

Sup FBI.

Jimmy Dore breaks down the Libyan war for you.

t. CNN

well, to be fair, that third world desert shithole under ghaddafi had better living standards than any anarchist hippie commune could dream of.

wrong by a long shot.

Why? Because Gaddafi was attempting to start a pan-African gold-backed currency that would have BTFO'd the fuck out of the US dollar. There's a reason why Gaddafi was hording tonnes of gold in the presidential palace.

i cant tell if youre being ironic or are legitimately clinically retarded

French hegemony in their former colonies, actually.