twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Debt: the 1st 5000 years.

bordiga

bordiga tbqh

Nice.

Fanon, The Wretched of The Earth

Bookchin
dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/bookchin/BookchinCW.html

All of these for the past month or so (for school: (philosophy))

Just finished pic related and am also nearly finished Candide. After that I'm going to read the Tao Te Ching.

Fuck forgot pic.

harder than I thought.

good shit

Very interesting.

Fucking Kant, m8.

I struggled with Kant a lot

Doing just fine, so far.

youtu.be/YalQEnlsiac?t=849

Society of the spectacle and Ecology of Freedom.

I'm a few chapters in and some of the chapters in SOTS make sense, but I'm still not entirely sure what the spectacle is. Is there any supplemental work that can explain it? From what I gather it seems to be the false sense of reality that projects itself from the way we view the world through filtered means, but I honestly have no clue.

same. It got a bit repetitive in the middle but its been picking up now. Over all, bretty interesting stuff so far

Slajov Zizek "Violence" and Graeber's "utopia of rules"

how is it?

I've read about a fifth of the way through it. So far it's has some pretty interesting anthropological information, my only real gripe with it so far is that there seems to be a bit of an overlap between the intro/first chapter and the 1991 introduction.

IMO its the final essay in the book, "The Future of the Left", which is the most important and notable.

This is why I don't like bookchin. He says he is an ecologist but wants to continue the biggest devastation of the environment.

The most important element of Bookchin's work is locating the roots of our ecological crises, and they aren't reason or science, but hierarchical modes of social organisation thousands of years old.

nice, me too atm, haven't got very far yet

Already read it and it's fairly short, but rereading it alongside McNally's Against the Market, analyzing it and making notes on it for a future text I'm writing.

Capitalist Realism

Good book. It's is really how he talks about universities and how they are now set to achieve numbers rather than useful results and the state of modern psychology, where everything becomes decontextualized.

I'm reading The Ego and His Own for like the 15th time.

Currently book attached. I've been reading into leftcommunism/communization lately, and it seems pretty good until now. I'm also passively reading some Marx, Bookchin and "Debt".

The Writings of Daniel De Leon + The Right to Be Greedy: Thesis on the Practical Necessity of Demanding Everything.

(pic related)

this is the second book

xd

Turns out most of you fags were wrong about Lenin.

His lack of knowledge about co-ops is sad. Everything he wrote about co-ops is wrong

Starting Reform or Revolution by Rosa, her writing in original German is concise and easy to understand but a bit dry until now. I will see how much of it holds relevance for Communalism.

accumulation of capital by luxemburg

I only just started this book and even though it sounds promising i'm not sure i like it

Das Kapital Volume one along with David Harvey's companion to the first volume.

Shit is dense, man

I don't really read tbh. I'm slowly working through this monstrosity, and have been mixing it up with some light Mao.

What a riveting critique.

And if you hadn't noticed, the large first chunk is a direct quotation of Errico Malatesta, one of the first big name anarchists, and luckily the type who still, in his era, understood the absolute poverty of "market" anarchism.

Just go in dry or read Paris Manuscripts and Wage Labour and Capital before trying. David Harvey has a distorted understanding of Marx and his Capital despite claiming to represent his ideas and to simplify them as they are in his book and talk:
form schematic:
(A Faint Rattling, Mark Worrell)

Will I be fine if I skip chapter 4?

Just finished Capital volume 1. Making my way through pic related for something lighter.

What is the importance of the LTV in all three terms and why is the Neoliberal Subjective Theory of Value inadequate/wrong? Why is exchange-value not synonymous with price?

tbh if you REALLY were short on time there is a bit where he breaks it down into 10 Simple Arguments that is only a couple pages long.

there is your problem, hes probably just compile a bunch of Picketty and Varoufakis talking points

Its probably slightly better than Owen Jones trash tho

Do you mean chapter 3?

A "leftcom" has zero familiarity with how something works as a real-world phenomenon? I am shocked to hear this. SHOCKED.

I still don't know what I'm reading.

I recently watched the soviet film adaptation of War and Peace, it's very impressive.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.

i am read all of De Leons work

is it worthy studying philoshpy ? i always thougth it would be better to self study

also anyone knows where you can buy cheap books ?

Capital vol 1.

Figured it was about time I read the working class bible

Finally getting into the theoretical basics of anarchism while practising my Spanish at the same time.

Would you say it's manageable to read for someone who has read a few Zizek books and no Milbank?