Dugin General

Okay, I know Nazbols are a huge meme on this board, and most unironic Nazbol posters just seem like misguided former Holla Forumsyps who've just turned to the Left, but I'm curious, is there any value in Dugin's philosophy? Personally, for instance, I think Nick Land's politics are psychotic, but I think he's a genuinely interesting philosopher, and most of his writings from '87-'07 are well worth reading. Is Dugin a similar case or is it all just unmitigated insanity, mysticism, and rightwing idpol?

Other urls found in this thread:

mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Schmitt/The Nomos of the Earth.pdf
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D53BB64D12F7D9817723A8746306F3B0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-François_Thiriart
geopolitica.ru/en/article/great-manipulator-magic-and-modern-society
arctogaia.com/public/eng/
counterpunch.org/2016/02/10/dugins-occult-fascism-and-the-hijacking-of-left-anti-imperialism-and-muslim-anti-salafism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Zero value. His metaphysics are more retarded than Evola's and his critique of liberalism is more trite and tautological than Burke's.

His philosophy can literally be watered down to "Lol libtards amirite? We should usher in the apocalypse so Jesus will return and kill all the gays and muslims and create a global autocratic Orthodox kingdom."

Can't believe people take him seriously, let alone Putin.

This is kind of what I expected from what little I know.

b-but I like mysticism, occultism, spiritualism and the like sometimes.

I know nothing about him so I have nothing to add.

I'm not personally religious or spiritual in any way, but I have no problem with other people believing that kind of stuff. I don't know too much about Dugin, but if I was going to disregard him it would be for being an uninteresting or mediocre thinker, not for being a mysticist. For instance, I really like Walter Benjamin and Ernst Bloch, and their work is very deeply rooted in Jewish mysticism and Christian theology respectively.

what does it mean for a critique to be "tautological?"

It says the same thing over and over in vaguely different language.

Tautology is like circular logic. When the answer to an asserted question is basically just a restatement of the question itself.

he's a crackpot, david icke tier

Oh, so like

This idiot didn't actually read Dugin. Dugin does a good analysis of the post-ideological era and the internal contradictions of liberalism with an anthropological comparison, especially in regards to the accumulation of wealth.

It's not his analysis, but his suggested answers where he gets really flakey. He can't really nail down what he wants except some nebolous expression of the Heideggerian "being" (in contrast to the fascist "state/race", the communist "class" and the liberal "individual") which isn't unlike the stuff you come along amongst Maoist-Third-Worldists. It's no surprise most of his followers and unironic NazBols are ex-Maoists.

How do you go from being a Third Worldist to a literal White Nationalist?

honestly its not that far of the stretech you're just going from one master group to another

*of a stretch

Dugin's not really a white nationalist, he's far on the slavophile end of the slavophile vs Westernizer debate. Eurasian Identity is militantly anti western and anti liberal, has some influential advocates among the Turkish deep state and the Hungarian far right, who really seem to like the pan Turanian narrative

Does anyone have a pdf of the Fourth Political Theory? Even if I hate it I'd be interested to read his arguments.

Its not worth it, as said above, his arguments walk in circles making no point beside the fact that he hates the west and has no clue on how marxism works

Dugin seems to take a lot from German Jurist and Political Theologist Carl Schmitt, Dugin's think tank, Katehon is named after a key concept in Schmitt's Nomos of the Earth.

mercaba.org/SANLUIS/Filosofia/autores/Contemporánea/Schmitt/The Nomos of the Earth.pdf

Do people actually take his childish geopolitics seriously?
Selling Kaliningrad to Germany, Russia should own Tibet, Azerbajan should be annexed by Iran for no reason, lol fuck Ukrainians amirite and other dumb shit that makes EU3 border gore more pleasurable.

He seems like a major LARPer, but Putin and Russian deep state seem to take him very seriously, which is unnerving to say the least.

Dugin is a shit. Real Nazbols read Limonov.

BBC is nazbol

What's the difference? Also, why are so many Nazbols apart of the old Soviet punk scene? Is it because being a reactionary dissident was the only way to be punk rock in the USSR? Like back when Zizek was a dissident, because he pathologically needs to be a contrarian?

Dugin is a mightily spooked russian nationalist/orthodox reactionary who shills for eurasianism. Limonov is a communist who understands that shock value and authoritarianism are the way to defeat liberalism.

This is literally how teenaged boys think.

How many dimensions of Cheese is he really on leftypol? Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/? Pic related

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D53BB64D12F7D9817723A8746306F3B0

No, the fruit of Jewish influence.

Traditionalism is irrational garbage. Google Bookchin or actually kill yourselves.

I don't mean Limonov as the guy who actually exists on this plane, but Limonov as hyperreal nazbol demigod

no
sure
nope sorry, they don't belong on this board and neither do an-caps

Nothing compares to him
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-François_Thiriart

wtf I love Leminov now??

Meant to

Dugin is a class enemy, but nonetheless his subversive method must be understood by anyone calling themselves "revolutionary"

geopolitica.ru/en/article/great-manipulator-magic-and-modern-society

This article (published in one of Dugin's many websites) is one of the main influences that have articulated my meme magick (though perhaps it is more correct to speak of meme praxis) over the last month. A magician is someone who manipulates the signs and symbols of society, this is to be read from a "Situationist" perspective.

Do you have the links to any more of Dugin's websites comrade?

That's the same thing Alan Moore says

Material abundance alone doesn't make a life worth living. It's ideals, dreams, family. Without something to fight for or live up to, life just becomes a vapid exercise in consumption. You exist, but you do not live.

Call flag waving, "lines on a map", social norms, morals, family bonds, etc. "irrational" all you want. But they electrify the spirit. Without that, what would history be, or the future?
Modern Liberalism, capitalism and all its metastases are exactly what you get when you decide all these things don't matter, and that the only thing worth considering is "efficiency" and "consumption."

Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are on record as being fans of the Situationist International.

4pt.su ← Is not updated so often anymore but is Dugin's most philosophical website, did you know the .su sufix stands for Soviet Union? Crazy right?

katehon.com ← It's a lot like geopolitica.ru but with a more Orthodox tradfag spin

4threvolutionarywar.wordpress.com ← this one is more autistic, seriously Akira Zentradi is an insane LARPer

arctogaia.com/public/eng/ ← archive with Dugin's older stuff, here he is at his most esoteric and autistic

literally a liberal larper

counterpunch.org/2016/02/10/dugins-occult-fascism-and-the-hijacking-of-left-anti-imperialism-and-muslim-anti-salafism/

pic semi related

A bit spooked as to the Congo but otherwise a great man. Wish there were a North American Continentalism that wasn't reactionary or neoliberal.

Moore and Morrison's comics are required reading for Leftists imo. Especially The Invisibles, Doom Patrol, and V for Vendetta the comic's nowhere near as autistic as that shitty Wachowski movie