Are there more than two genders?

are there more than two genders?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.

Genders are like boxes that you can sort people into. How many boxes you use is up to you. For most practical purposes two or three are enough.

There are 2 sexes, for the most part, and a spectrum of gender expression. Technically there are 2 genders, but there exists huge variation.

who cares

There are zero genders

there are zero genders genders are a social construct but 2 sexes

tbh this. Male, female and the trans prefix if they prefer.

It's mostly about sexual orientation - and even then you can fit most people neatly into hetero, homo, bi/pan and asexual.

there are two genders, men and faggots. woman is just a faggot with a cunt

Everyone has a butt you can fuck.

Gender is a set of informal social expectations placed upon individuals, based on their sex. It can't be chosen any more than sex can, since you don't get to dictate what society expects of you. If you could, I'd pick the gender that lets me eat ice cream and play video games all day while still getting paid a six-figure salary.
It's also not relevant to class struggle, so I don't really give a fuck.

Al l know is that there aren't more than two genders. Either there's only two, only one, or none. Anything else is just bullshit.

You forgot biologically intersex people. A lot of people are born as hermaphrodites with in-between genitals.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Also there's only three sexes: male, female, and intersex which can be any number of mutations.

An incredibly small number of people are intersex.

Also the X and Y chromosomes like to mutate and be something else than XY and XX sometimes.

So? How do you categorize them?

We should have separate bathrooms for intersex as well right my fellow liberal friend

So it's not an important element of society, and has no bearing on the current trend of retards claiming to "be another gender," even though that's a nonsensical statement (since gender is imposed by society) that they're using to simply mask the real truth, which is that they wish they were born the opposite sex.

Intersex is fundamental to my understanding of gender identity. I have always believed that anyone born with such an external physical sexual condition should be afforded every right not to be assigned as male or female or forced to identify as such. Trans stuff might be a gray area - if sex is externally physiological and gender is social then it just seems like a trans-x person would be whatever x gender was. Trans seems more like a gender/sex modifier than a gender.

No
There is only male and anime, and nothing else

This.

Ironically "transsexuality" only reinforces the idea of traditional gender roles of masculinity and femininity.

For fucks sake, most languages don't even have different words for "gender" and sex.

Gender is a spook.

yeah but overall what i said goes for 99.9% of the population

its a rare genetic disorder associated with several health issues and not usually related to gender identity

you know quite a lot of people define sex by chromosomes, right

The thread is all downhill from here now.
Time to shitpost.

Gender is a spook so there may as well be infinite genders.

There are only two genders

subs and dubs

2DQT vs 3DPD is the most important distinction.

The only good post in this thread so far, because it's the truth. When did this board become overrun by idpol and when did annil flags become the only good posters where they used to be the only consistently bad posters?

There are other posts which describe why gender is a spook. Those are better.

To be fair, I was shitposting and typically use the Spurdo flag.

American gays don't drink Russian vodka- It will make you want a women.

Why are you posting silly faces?

There are zero genders.

Unironically this

you realize that it is a real problem with science behind it and these people feel trapped inside their own body

They should get de spooked, then. like just get over it, man. implying 'gender' has a metaphysical existence beyond socially constructed roles is pure idpol and plays right into the hands of reactionaries.

Sex =/= gender
One is a biological reality, the other is a spook and all discussions about it should be ignored and/or shut down.

Pretty much this. I remember there being some data on how transgenderism is higher in countries where it is accepted. I'm not saying "ban it and kill all the trannies!", I'm saying "ignore it".

The interplay between 'sex' and 'gender' is still little understood, evidence points to there being a neurological basis for some of the traits associated with 'gender' though. Gender dysphoria is a very real thing for some people, it isn't something you can just will away, definitely not a pleasant thing to experience, it's one of those things that can drive your friends and family away. We don't tell depressed people they are 'spooked' and should get over it, with the implication that if they don't get over it, it's because they suffer from deep character flaws and moral failings. Not all trans people are tumblr idpol boogeymen or 'spooked' ideologues, most are just well meaning people struggling with stuff that seems outside of their control.

who gives a shit