Daily News Thread 5/10

‘Work for WikiLeaks’: Assange offers Comey job as Snowden condemns White House

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has accused the US administration of “political interference” for firing FBI Director James Comey while Julian Assange has invited the latter to work for WikiLeaks.
rt.com/usa/387844-comey-assange-snowden-wikileaks/

Defending firing of FBI director, Trump derides Democratic critics

President Donald Trump defended his firing of FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday, fighting a storm of criticism that the ouster was aimed at blunting an agency probe into his presidential campaign's possible collusion with Russia to sway the 2016 election.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-comey-replacement-idUSKBN1861HK

Turkey warns US against arming Syrian Kurd ‘terrorists,’ ponders end of ‘strategic partnership’

Ankara expressed disappointment with the US decision to send heavy weapons to Kurdish militants, while the Kurds praised Washington’s decision as a “historic” move that greatly expands the group’s capabilities to “fight terrorism.”
rt.com/news/387834-turkey-kurds-us-support/

Lavrov acknowledges Comey fracas by quipping 'Was he fired?'

Russia's foreign minister sarcastically acknowledged the abrupt dismissal of FBI director James Comey by saying 'Was he fired? You're kidding. You're kidding' as he posed on Wednesday for photographs with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-idUSKBN1861V4

Andrew McCabe, FBI’s New Acting Director, Is Allegedly Involved In Clinton Emails And Russian Probes

After FBI Director James Comey, who provided inaccurate information last week about Hillary Clinton's emails to Congress was fired, Andrew McCabe has been appointed as the acting director, while a permanent replacement is yet to come in.
ibtimes.com/andrew-mccabe-fbis-new-acting-director-allegedly-involved-clinton-emails-russian-2536941

South Korea's Moon Jae-in sworn in vowing to address North

South Korea's new President Moon Jae-in has been sworn in, vowing to address the economy and relations with the North in his first speech as president.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-39866696

German defense minister vows to reform army amid far-right attack probe

German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen has pledged to respond to the discovery of far-right sympathizers in the German Army with reforms, including reviewing one of the Bundeswehr’s post-Nazi era key principles, Traditionserlass.
rt.com/news/387888-germany-army-extremist-plot/

‘Rape table’ at Newark Airport under investigation by Homeland Security

The Department of Homeland Security is investigating US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers for allegedly assaulting fellow officers by duct-taping them to a “rape table” during a sickening hazing ritual at Newark Airport.
rt.com/usa/387885-homeland-security-rape-table-newark-airport/

'Jihad pills' found by Dutch and Italian police

Dutch police are searching for two suspects after a drugs laboratory was found with a large stash of pills favoured by jihadists.
bbc.com/news/world-europe-39870180

Labour will scrap university tuition fees if they win general election

The Labour Party will scrap tuition fees “once and for all” if the party wins power, the shadow Chancellor has said.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-scrap-tuition-fees-university-win-general-election-manifesto-2017-jeremy-corbyn-a7727951.html

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/387897-moon-south-korea-thaad-us/
rt.com/op-edge/387856-trump-fired-james-comey/
rt.com/op-edge/387878-western-correspondents-kiev-neo-nazis/
vice.com/en_us/article/could-anybody-be-worse-than-comey-on-encryption-were-about-to-find-out-motherboard
gizmodo.com/the-uae-drops-more-clues-about-its-mysterious-plan-to-c-1795056023
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/why-is-usa-today-asking-the-fbi-for-help-with-its-facebook-page/525972/?utm_source=feed
boingboing.net/2017/05/09/first-ever-lsd-microdosing-stu.html
businessinsider.com/the-rock-for-president-2017-5
archive.fo/U0AX6
gothamist.com/2017/05/10/police_hate_crime_protection.php
leakforum.ml/XHLD75
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP/ED

New Moon over South Korea may doom US THAAD anti-missile system

The alliance between the US and South Korea is expected to stay, but it is time for the new president in Seoul to rethink about how to deal with the THAAD anti-missile system, said Victor Gao from the China National Association of International Studies.
rt.com/op-edge/387897-moon-south-korea-thaad-us/

Trump sacking FBI Director Comey ‘based more on political than legal reasons’

The situation with regards to FBI Director James Comey is reminiscent of Watergate. The Hillary Clinton camp thinks President Trump fired Comey for nefarious reasons, Coleen Rowley, former FBI agent, and whistleblower, told RT.
rt.com/op-edge/387856-trump-fired-james-comey/

Western reporters in Kiev continue to ignore the rise of Neo-Nazism in Ukraine

Oscar Wilde’s work thrived on tangents. After all, a writer gifted with such a repository of wisecracks needed space to deliver them. Thus, he observed things like how “the man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one. It is the only thing he is fit for."
rt.com/op-edge/387878-western-correspondents-kiev-neo-nazis/

Could Anybody Be Worse Than Comey on Encryption? We're About to Find Out

President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday evening. While Comey's full legacy remains to be seen, we know one thing for sure: He was the most outspoken enemy of public access to strong encryption in the United States intelligence community.
vice.com/en_us/article/could-anybody-be-worse-than-comey-on-encryption-were-about-to-find-out-motherboard

The UAE Drops More Clues About Its Mysterious Plan to Colonize Mars

Earlier this year, the United Arab Emirates’ grabbed the world’s attention when Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum announced a plan to establish a colony on Mars by 2117.
gizmodo.com/the-uae-drops-more-clues-about-its-mysterious-plan-to-c-1795056023

Why Is USA Today Asking the FBI for Help With Its Facebook Page?

Something peculiar is happening on USA Today’s Facebook page. Look closely, and you may notice the clues.
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/why-is-usa-today-asking-the-fbi-for-help-with-its-facebook-page/525972/?utm_source=feed

First-ever LSD microdosing study on its way

Popularized by Ayelet Waldman's book A Really Good Day, microdosing LSD (ingesting LSD in such minuscule amounts that its psychedelic effects aren't felt) is said to improve cognitive function and relieve pain and depression. At least that is what microdosers claim. Of course this isn't backed by science, since acid was made illegal in 1968 and researching the controlled substance is almost impossible.
boingboing.net/2017/05/09/first-ever-lsd-microdosing-stu.html

Very interesting.

Makes you think the folks who said that Wikileaks was Mossad (I.S.I.S.) or some other three letter agency might've had a point.

I can only imagine the kind of internal power struggle going on with this.

I can't believe im typing this…

The Rock teases a presidential run: It's a 'real possibility'

businessinsider.com/the-rock-for-president-2017-5

What portal to hell has trump opened? inb4 the election includes Booker, Zuckerberg, The Rock, FUCK IT, why not George Takei and the Harry Potter lady too?

It's only dinner said the fly to the spider
hahahahaha fuck off
I'm shocked I tell you, shocked
yup
pfft okay
And I plan to colonize Andromeda around the same time, a few decades after most of the people who read this will have died of old age :^)
Where do I sign up?

Arnie and Jessie should both run again for president too now. Fuck it.

Part of me wants Red Faction to be reality, the other part realizes that would have horrible implications of it's own.

I am CACKLING

You forgot Kanye

please meme it, so America can crash and burn sooner.

The 2020 Democratic primary is going to be a repeat of the 2016 Republican primary.

I mean JK Rowling has been involved with politics for about a decade now in the UK, everyone is just getting spurgy because she now says "Trump is a bit shit", like she hasn't been campaigning for the Labour party for years already.

So he's getting shot by some Company guys right?

did he say who he'd run with?

The jews got to Kanye. Now he's sedated. No more woke nigger rip

oh yeah, I forget she's a brit. I wasn't allowed to watch Harry Potter as a kid so I never got into it or her for that matter. I only see handpicked snippets where she's usually shown as a typical neoliberal celeb.

komrade kanye is still there maybe not as vocal but still there. just look at the lyrics to New Slaves familia.

Wow, were your parents anticapitalist or religious?

option 2. my parents conservatism has fluctuated through the years and the premier of Harry Potter occurred around its peak. Harry Potter was witchcraft and yet my father was a Lord of the Rings fan. real strange upbringing.

What's more is that he would win decidedly.

Fuck it, let the spectacle grow to untold levels. I don't even care anymore.

America s m h

It's an obvious joke, contain your paranoia.

Somebody was spamming the FCC website with comments saying that net neutrality is bad. It's all the same comment over and over using real people's names and addresses. I wonder who could be behind this.
archive.fo/U0AX6

I'd prefer if that's what she was doing instead of hosting twitter circle-jerk sessions for Blair, screaming at Corbyn, and telling people that Dumbledore would actually give unwavering support to Israel

Now this I can get behind. It's basically like Ahnuld 2.0 in every way.

couldn't even be bothered to randomize the names so it doesn't look like the bot is putting the fake comments in by name alphabetically.

wow, this is some high level autism.

Man that is some uncut ideology. *sniff*

The first film came out 16 years ago, fam.

the joke is that it's actually a series of books, even as a child you should have been reading books

gothamist.com/2017/05/10/police_hate_crime_protection.php
New York just made it a hate crime to attack cops

BREAKING NEWS +-+

4Chan Mods DOX leaked.!

Leakforums post explaining everything.

leakforum.ml/XHLD75

You can do both.

Gonna be great when someone gets charged with a hate crime after they get in a fight with an off-duty officer who they have no way of knowing was a cop (people get slapped with assualting an officer for this regularly already if you didn't know).

It's spam showing up in other threads and probably other boards.

tbf I was in like 2nd or 3rd grade I think and I don't even remember any hype around the books. I think the movie was the first I'd heard of it. Had my first foray been the movie and I liked it, I probably would've read the books.

Must be a regional thing. I was young enough that my mother read the first book to me and I remember all the "controversy" with evangelicals burning the books and shit.

Fair enough. They didn't offer much beyond being pageturners.

I fucking hate humans.

I didn't know it was a big thing, more than likely this is what inspired my parents. I had to stop watching Teletubbies because someone wrote a piece on them having homosexual undertones.

On Reddit there was a highly upvoted comment about how it was probably the Russians

can Cold War shit literally last forever? have they found the perfect propaganda?

That's because Tinky Winky is purple and has a triangular antenna, both of which are vaguely associated with homosexuality.

I was never allowed to watch Sesame Street because there were too many non-white kids.

Have some OC.

This is gonna be a travesty, the next election is literally gonna be no better than an actual reality show where celebrities fight to win.

First as tragedy, then as a farce.

We will have Zuckerberg 2020 (2024 at the latest). Many keks will be had at neo-reactionaries if they still exist

Before Trump himself announced he was running, I liked the idea of the GOP primary literally just being a season of The Apprentice.

wtf I want a pickup, some Confederate flags and a water filter now

Sasuga, /leftypoz/

America is finished.