John Brown (1800 - 1859)

This absolute madman was born on this day 217 years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/debs/works/1907/johnbrown.htm
youtu.be/7oFcFzJT7Tw
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Victor_Hugo's_letter_to_the_London_News_regarding_John_Brown
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

B A S E D
R
O
W
N

RIP in pepperoni to the only good christfag.

Based Brown. Debs loved the guy.

marxists.org/archive/debs/works/1907/johnbrown.htm

does anyone have john brown memes
itd actually be pretty lit if you did

John Brown is one of the few good things about my home-state. Bleeding Kansas was based. Here's the mural in the capitol.

Wew lad

I thought for a second about how cool a John Brown movie would be but then immediately realised a bunch of people would accuse the film industry of having a white savior complex and not giving enough #voice to the black slaves

The abolitionist? The guy who wad behind what's often called "Bleeding Kansas"? John Brown was a real ally. Not like them liberal faggots who peddle that intersectionality bullshit to ride the coattails of Black Power movements.

Press [F] to pay respects.

you all need to hear poc voices

Liberals get the bullet too

You mean like this?
youtu.be/7oFcFzJT7Tw

F

great man, sadly he's virtually unknown outside the states.

FWIW, Victor Hugo wrote to London News to tell Britain about it, and make a plea to the US for Brown to be spared.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Victor_Hugo's_letter_to_the_London_News_regarding_John_Brown

Meh. People go a bit overboard with that whole "white saviour" stuff in my opinion. Give credit when credit's due I say. Still pretty cancerous how right-wing whites (lot of which prolly voted for Dorito Mussolini too) champion people like John Brown to basically say "See! See! You can be Republican *and* against racism, black people! *Insert comment about The Democrats being racist here*"

Anyways, uphold Marxist-John-Brownist thought if you don't wanna look like a liberal lifestylist.

liberals are beyond parody

What is this guy talking about? Of the 22 people directly involved in the Raid on Harpers Ferry, 14 were black.

Oh, shit! Didn't know that. Shame they only killed 1 US Marshall. Hopefully the other 10 or so civilians that died were pro-slavery or in other words "deserved it".

t. John Brown

I love this quote because he basically says "fuck the bourgeoisie" in very simple and clear terms though that happened before the word "bourgeoisie" as we understand it today became a big thing in the US.

John Brown is one of the few Americans that will actually be remembered and venerated after the revolution.

Wasn't Malcolm X a fan of John Brown?

I believe he once said Brown was the only white guy he'd consider admitting in whatever black-only organization he was a part of back then.

that's just… beyond saving.