FUCK DISCORD - USE MATRIX INSTEAD

Some of you are using discord to communicate. Let me tell you why this is wrong. Discord is proprietary software. Discord is owned by a corporation which profits by selling your data. Stop feeding porky! Good thing there is a better alternative. Matrix is free / open source and decentralized. The network is federated - anyone can make a server and attach it to the main network. So join the Lefty matrix chat! RMS for party leader!
Join: riot.im/app/#/room/#lefty:matrix.org
More info: matrix.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

matrix.org/docs/guides/types-of-bridging.html
privacytools.io/
prism-break.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pick one

Apache License. So yeah, not free, only open souce.

Doesn't apache license have its own type of copyleft-like thingies?

You are all god damn retarded.

Something doesn't have to be copyleft to be a free software license.

Matrix and Riot are free software, they just don't use a copyleft license like GPL.

Apache2 is fully GPL3 compatible and certified as a free software license by the FSF.

Thx for the correction, comrade. I'll keep this in my mind.

If you want to register an account all you need to enter is username/password. No email required. Or you can post as a guest, that works too.

The network effect is a pretty good reason to always consider how your choices will influence those around you.

Apache license is free software.

Why not Tox?

Why not just use IRC?

Make a groupchat or post your ID. I'll join/add.

Matrix and IRC are cross-compatible.
matrix.org/docs/guides/types-of-bridging.html

This.

Since we are on the topic of security/privacy software, I'll leave these here.
privacytools.io/
prism-break.org/

All the servers I like are on Discord though.

are you serious

You would be amazed, what can boredom can do.

It says the room is not encrypted.

Because the standard clients aren't 10MB of javascript wrapped in Electron
why would I want to use a native binary with 10% of the memory usage when I could have bloat?

but more seriously, I suppose because Matrix supports end-to-end encryption natively in the standard, and because it has a notion of persistent past state, which bouncerless normies can't get from IRC

WAIT EVERYBODY
WHAT IF WE TOOK JABBER
AND PUSHED IT
INTO HTML???

My problem with current leftypol discord is not software but mods. Why are they all fur fags?

So if XMPP = SOAP then Matrix = REST, right?

We got quite a lot of new people. I hope you all stay for a while! Rumor has it the quality of discussion is much better than on discord.

thanks doc!

Until you kick that christianfag who ruined my day, I won't go back. It's fine to have retards on Holla Forums because you can just leave them alone, but in a chat: HELL NO

matrix #lefty room has like no mods

But can we kill cancer by acting together?

Thx, comrade.