Let's talk South Korea

South Korea's presidential election is tomorrow, so who's /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-39848999
nytimes.com/2017/04/30/world/asia/north-korea-economy-marketplace.html
reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-economy-consumergoods-idUSKBN1840FP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pic related is my choice.
She's pretty much South Korean Bernie Sanders.

Aren't communist parties banned in shit korea?

Sim seems pretty good but Moon Jae-in is probably going to win. It least hopefully there will be a return​ to the Sunshine policy and repeal of the national security laws.

Yes but they still have other left-wing parties though they still get banned because they get accused if being pro-DPRK .

I'm rooting for a Kim Jong-un invasion.

This is very nice socdem reform. Can worst korea be turned into capitalism with human face?

so she is going to lose.

polls are now open
bbc.com/news/world-asia-39848999

This is only progressive insofar as transitioning from feudalism to capitalism was.

Moon Jae-in. His main issue is a break from US domination and peace with North Korea. South Korea is still transitioning from right wing dictatorship and corporatocracy and he presents a huge break from previous administrations.

SK is gigacucked so expect a shit winner

does he support this ^?

besides better relations with the norks, what's his platform?

Sim>Moon but Moon is pretty decent too. He wants to raise taxes and dilute the influence of the families on Chaebol operations, which ironically I think is better than Sim's idea because Sim sees the families as the problem when whoever would succeed them would be just as bad.

Fuck South "Korea".

If Moon wins and decreases chances of nuclear fallout I'm game.

yep, it's about to get wild

fug

Didn't SK's entire political orthodoxy implode spectacularly just in time for the election?

I'm not saying that's bad. It's just that it shows how backwards South Korea is when you look beyond the high-tech skyscrappers and clinky K-pop music videos.

the american puppets of japan and sk really take the classcuckery of the US to another level, instill with asian values you could say

It seems markets are already making a comeback

nytimes.com/2017/04/30/world/asia/north-korea-economy-marketplace.html

reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-economy-consumergoods-idUSKBN1840FP

Same goes for Taiwan, really, which clear until the same 1990s period was also a straight-up military dictatorship rather than the corrupt semi-democracy it is today. South Vietnam would've ended up similarly.

bump for peace in Asia.