Does Christianity Form Western Morality? | Louder With Crowder

youtube.com/watch?v=WCAnuv53fh4
Do you think he's wrong here? Is loving your enemy something only Christians do? I asked /liberty/ the same questison since I know there are more christfags there than here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the west lost any vestiges of morality in the 80s

What is the Age of Enlightenment?

Someone give a spine to this guy.

having researched this myself for one of my history classes… yeah to a degree

Consider for example John Locke, a lot of his philosophy of human rights is based upon the notion that freedom of religion is necessary for people to freely choose their religion, and if it is a free choice, that means they get to go to actually heaven. He then used this same model on other rights and liberties.

So yeah… our current conception of freedom is rooted in making the most efficient system to send the most people to heaven under the Christian model…

Random fun fact: Where John Lock grew up there were like Quaker riots all the time and even a group of free love nudists called the Ranters.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranter

So next time you think of John Locke, imagine him looking out his window and seeing naked religious people running around in the street.

Probably because they killed themselves for 30 years because some believed in another version of Jaysus anyway one of the good things Nietzsche ever did was shitting on them. Christian values make classcucks even worst classcucks.

All of western society and culture can be summed up in four words…

Greco-Roman-Judeo-Christian.

I'm not going to watch the video because I'll cringe too hard. But yes, the prevailing morality under western society comes from Christianity, whether western society likes to admit it or not. Humanism is essentially Christianity - God. Capitalism is definitely built on the Protestant work ethic. Rather than accepting this slave morality it should be our goal should be the transvaluation of values.

The secularization of christian values with liberalism and the state as the replacement for god.

Can't you at least WebM this repugnant twit's videos so we don't give him hits?

It's a short video. Just watch it with AdBlock on, lo.

Anarchists and Communists: rejecting hippie liberals since forever.
No matter how the alt-right and capitalist establishment try to paint us, we'll never have anything in common with them, for the better.

Or it could be summed up in one word: Roman. The Greeks were Romanized after they were conquered and Christianity was Romanized by Roman rulers.

Loving your enemy comes from an inability to take revenge upon him

Tbh Habermas agrees

Maybe they'd be better off without God.

I really admire Marx and his work, but

what's wrong with that?

but these issues are related to class struggle, they just don't take the primary position

I don't understand how this means anything. Maybe it's true or not but who cares. "Western Morality" also tolerated slavery for hundreds of years and has been invoked by neocons ever since the 80s to justify genocides in the third world. Who gives a shit if Christianity has anything to do with it

This makes a lot of sense.

Aside from the fact that almost no christian follows this retarded maxim, that's just proof that christianity was devised to control the masses. It's no wonder that christfags (especially catholics, what with all that retarded protestant ethics and shit) are so hung up on poverty. Rich people don't get to enter the sky playground guys! How fucking convenient.

It's time to stop pretending this silliness is anything else than a dumbass trap.

Theres some pretty violent shit in the Bible too which they conveniently ignore.
Read Numbers 31 pretty fucked up

Nietzche BTFO Christian/Western morality years ago, and it still hasn't recovered.

"Does" and "Should" are two different questions, Stevie.

kek