What books are you reading atm, Holla Forums?

I read "Revolution - And How to Do It in a Modern Society" by Kai Murros and continued reading "Communism in Finland" by Anthony F. Upton and "The Origin of Family, Private Property and the State" by Friedrich Engels.

What about my fellow dirty godless commies? Also, how can we make reading books great again so the proletariat can turn off the tube and bring out the lube to let the proletarian penis in them, the lube being the books and the penis commieism?

en.illogicopedia.org/wiki/Commieism

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mlFHPljOQxs
bonnierrights.fi/books/fascism-in-finland-the-heralds-of-the-black-dawn/
marxists.org/archive/mandel/196x/leninism/
archive.org/details/thenextrevolution/Ch2.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Global Minotaur by Yanis Varoufakis.

"a clinical introduction to lacanian psychoanalysis" by bruce fink, on suggestion of some lacanfags on the board. pleasantly surprised. also, it makes a lot of what zizek writes and talks about much clearer.

Burmese Days by George Orwell

Amazing blend of theory & poetry.

Lel

i know this book have been around for long, but i am first now getting time to read it

Was this good? Live in Finland so would be relevant to read

Good shit

Twelve Days in Turin

I'm glad as hell I picked it up

This! Debt: The First 5000 Years. I'm not done yet, but thus far it's been very interesting and provided a very diverse view on the subject. It's not the type of dry economic text I expected at all.

I don't regret leaving Holla Forums

Currently reading Bookchin's "Anarchism, Marxism, and the Future of the Left"

I bit the bullet. I googled bookchin. I'm reading The Next Revolution and I'm never looking back. Communalism is the future.

This is the level of illiteracy we have to deal with here on Holla Forums.

Welcome to the movement, gomrade. I felt the same way when I finished the essay in that book, "The Future of the Left"

None

Enjoy your dead ideology.

Enjoy your nonexistent ideology

It is about the Communist Party of Finland as well as its Finnish branches from the birth of Finland to 1970s. It's frustrating at times to read about the mistakes and shortcomings of our communist party, but it's worth it to read it, if for nothing else then a lesson as to how to do things and how not to do them.

I need to look into the situationist texts aside from "The Right To Be Greedy: Theses On The Practical Necessity Of Demanding Everything", which I've already read and shilled for on Holla Forums. I've been planning on reading Raoul Vaneigem's The Book Of Pleasures, for one.

Damn. Rojava was just in our collective imagination all this time.

It will be gone soon

who /procrastinating/ here?

It's not about that. It's about being so ignorant that reading a part of an introductory text which doesn't even go into that much depth is enough to convince you to adhere to said ideology. It's like reading the first two chapters of Atlas Shrugged and declaring yourself an AnCap.

I'm reading it (again) too

Ayn Rand was against "an"caps though

Exactly. That's part of the ignorance he referred to. Analcaps like Rand or they "don't but she was right" which is somehow different.

t. turk roach

youtube.com/watch?v=mlFHPljOQxs

I wasn't the one who said Rojava doesn't count or that communalism is nonexistent. Take your blasted ass and shove it in someone else's face. If anything, as a leftist, the only one to support are the Syrian Democratic Forces.

I didn't know he was reading Rothbard B)

You should all really check out Twelve Days in Turin

Hoochie. We know you don't read. But you really need to pick up a book sometime.

Marry me Hooch

I wasn't responding to anyone with a Rojava flag……

Sorry then. Have a cute cat instead.

i'm rereading the ghostbusters book right now and i forgot how much Stirner likes his biblical refrences.

OP here, don't mind me, kicking the thread back up. Gonna read The Next Revolution now.

I'm reading it at the moment too and it's pretty good actually. I really just bought it on the basis of the dumb memes here and on twitter and went in expecting narcho rubbish, but it's all actually pretty coherent and persuasive. There's a few things I have problems with and would need to think a bit more about before I could articulate it, but I like it enough that I've got the Ecology of Freedom on the way to read next.

Just read the three first chapters of "Fascism in Finland - The Heralds of the Black Dawn" by Aapo Roselius, Marko Tikka and Oula Silvennoinen. Very informative. Too bad it's not in English.
bonnierrights.fi/books/fascism-in-finland-the-heralds-of-the-black-dawn/

First as tragedy. Then as farce

Hungover bump

What's a book?

The Eclipse and Re-emergence of the Communist Movement by Dauve

Really digging it so far. Can anybody recommend more about communization theory?

Just finished fahrenheit 451, bretty good.

Fancy kindling

How can we lube this clueless proletarian's bum so we can fit more books there and get the knowledge sucked fully into his bloodstream?

Parallel Lives by Plutarch.

Marx was right, all hitherto existing history really IS the history of class struggle.

Just substitute machinery for human slaves and the ancient world's slaveholders look suspiciously similar to modern capitalists.

Bump, reading the the Revolution book that OP posted right now, interesting shit.

I just read this after a comrade posted it on here. I actually really enjoyed it. It really changed my opinion on Leninism and the idea of having a vanguard party. It seems to be one of the most misunderstood concepts by leftists. I myself have parroted the idea of vanguards leading to a centralized authoritarianism without really understanding what they actually were.

marxists.org/archive/mandel/196x/leninism/

I'm also reading echoes of the Marseilles which is a historiography of the French Revolution. It's insane how much Bourgeois historians have warped the modern day cultural consensus about the revolution being a negative event whereas for decades it was viewed as a glorious event. Unsurprisingly they started parroting the idea it was bad right around 1917. It's quite the example of the gramscian concept of hegemony, don't have a PDF unfortunately.

Listening to the audiobook of The Next Revolution by Bookchin, pretty good: archive.org/details/thenextrevolution/Ch2.ogg