NYT: "Make America Singapore"

Slowly but *sniff* surely: archive.is/v7esg

>Could we in fact be seeing the conditions for the further radicalization of capitalism? German philosopher Peter Sloterdijk once told me that, if there is a person alive to whom they will build monuments 100 years from now, it is Lee Kuan Yew, the Singaporean leader who did more than anyone else to promote and implement the marriage of capitalism and authoritarianism – an arrangement he euphemistically referred to as "Asian values." The virus of this authoritarian capitalism is slowly but surely spreading around the globe, nowhere more so than China.
t. Zizek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELWovtJQkuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9zThcMJzQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope so, only authoritarian capitalism can evolve into communism

Oh god what has my country done

Douthat's been reading Memebug I see.

took them long enough from the last time

shouldn't you be whining about Trump on twitter?

Damn, there's more niggas who read him on Holla Forums?

Who is the guy in bottom left?

Jiang "Uphold Leeism-Dengism" Zemin, 5th president of the Porky's Republic of China. He got China from bottom tier to top 3 in 5 years of policy making.

oh boy

Chinese internet memes, man

This guy is probably exaggerating but it is that bad

youtube.com/watch?v=ELWovtJQkuE

there are people in Singapore who literally live like dogs in kennels because they can't even afford a proper bed to sleep in

trying to compare apples and oranges, turn out to comparing pears with pears

No it doesn't

If he's exaggerating why would you say that it is that bad?

My bad if the grammar of the sentence isn't good. The problem is serious here, but Roy probably hyping it up a bit

In Amsterdam on the 24th, right?

yup

Ik ga misschien ook nog. FF kijken of ik mijn inschrijving bij de HU nog kan gebruiken voor die 10 euro korting (ben al een aantal maanden afgestudeerd).

this is the worst/best timeline

Personally i see it as something that could actually work
Won`t be like a nazi future, but will accommodate many principles that look like it, will humanize and normalize it
Frightening prospect sure but entirely possible…
If youre into sci-fi, cyberpunk etc, there it is predicted to be inevitable
So what we need to do, is coopt it early by taking advantage of the layers… what go into creating this, for example Bannon is a fucking leninist apparently, we need to use that to get a foothold inside, all these kind of nuances are vulnerable

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9zThcMJzQU

Stop fitting the stereotype perfectly, holy shit.

I'm scared bros.

Start stocking up on wine bottles and oily rags m'boy

Fixing capitalist shortcomings just means lowering labor costs as much as possible while raising productivity.
Not good for anyone but capitalists anda tiny minority of a middle class who won't have the purchasing power from a middle class in the west that died years ago.
And it'll just keep getting worse as the rate of profit falls

You're new to this

You want to know what the future is, the middle class no longer exists, its just the extremely poor and extremely rich, there are mega cities filled with millions and millions of people, the poor live in slums, crime and violence is rampant, the rich lived in walled off communities above or far away.
Giant mechanical birds referred to as drones target rebel groups.
Hackers do battle with governments.
Corporations have more power than countries.
Im sure western capitalists envy the way china can just ignore human rights.