S.2943 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017

send help.

Other urls found in this thread:

state.gov/r/gec/
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/116864522
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>support the development and dissemenation of fact-based narratives and analysis to counter propaganda and disinformation
Stupid question, but do you think the representatives who support this… y'know, support it? Like. they have to know what this sounds like, right?

Many of them are likely out the door. It was initiated in March last year.

state.gov/r/gec/

That said I think πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€theyπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ have gone beyond giving a fuck. Everything from here out will just be doubling down on the fake news.

Comes into force in 180 apparently. First I'd heard of it was that OP.

They are getting desperate.

Is anybody honestly surprised? They threw out Habeas corpus and the 5th amendment under Obama. And the SCOTUS denied the case against it.

What do you all mean by this?

the tl;dr? A new 'entity' with global reach, tasked with correcting the record across presumably most of social and less social media is going live in a few months. Their objectives, as stated in the doc in OP involve countering state and non-state propaganda contrary to US global interests.

Basically a new ministry of propaganda for the digital age.

Stock up on books then?

They only made it official then

My concern is tat they will be much more overt. You're already seeing it with fake news (though that kinda backfired). They now literally and unashamedly say anything you're not seeing on CNN/BBC etc is fake news. This new entity will actively seek out and presumably suppress anything against the agenda. And if you think that they've already been doing this, think how much worse now they do it in the open.

Once things get tighter for porky they can allow private media to run their propaganda for them. When will we know how much money they get?

Desperate?

In the doc. $80 million to start with. Buys a lot of (You)s

Kill all democrats.

I know this may sound cliche, but this truely is the beginning of the distopia George Orwell predicted. Israel has already been doing this for years and look how that is working out.

Capitalism is feeling the stress and starts to openly kill its liberal mask. Not that this means that revolution is anywhere near.

Sure, just accept this as long as it targets Trumpkins right?

Who cares, we predicted this for ages. No need to act shocked now.

I get your apathy but don't you think this Orwellian TrueFact shit deserves a little daylight? If you lay back and take it long enough you may wake up some day in a world you don't know. This is downright scary sit in light of 'fake news'. Reading between the lines here doesn't take much. If you believe what they're doing is wrong, this is a pretty good example.

I became a communist because I saw our civil rights and privacy getting weaked again and again, because how censorship and medias blind support became stronger and stronger. Even here in Germany where the most fucks about that in comparison to any other country are given nothing changes and no one listens. With every victory gained we take a few steps back. They just try again, and again and again till we are without energy. USA is long lost, you guys lost the war 15 years ago.

I just cant give a fuck anymore, there where many people that warned tirelessly that this will happen but no one listend.

Just proposed new laws against 'fake news' too right. Like just yesterday. I'm not a burger but I do think this is important. I also think that opposition as to come from the left over the right in this instance.

If it makes you feel any better I've ben woke to this shit for a while and while I generally Holla Forums over here I think that at a practical level the whole left/right thing is just a distraction at this stage. πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€theyπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ not jews just 'them' have both angles covered. This will be used against fringe elements both sides because the people that can see something is deeply wrong are attracted to the fringes. If guided right even your most complacent liberal will see the danger in this. So spread the word.

I wish you good luck, but having seens the struggle here on all levels I just cant manage to get outraged anymore. I know some of the now cynical people that still tirelessly fight and engage against government surveilance and censorship here and they are true heroes that can go on while looking the abyss straight into the eye. You have the ACLU and EFF in the USA so its not all fights are lost yet.

Do your part. Tell at least a few people about this shit and relate it to the German one. I get this may be bad taste among German leftists right now but they can't keep getting away wit it.

For anyone not despondent here is thread. Stop in and say hi.
boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/116864522
We'll probably not win but it cannot hurt to let somebody, anybody know you oppose this.