I'm trained in a profession that's becoming obsolete. The jobs will not be coming back...

I'm trained in a profession that's becoming obsolete. The jobs will not be coming back. I can't afford to go back to school. What do I do? Wagecuck? Uber? Suicide?

Join YPG

What profession is it?

Why should an Uber driver have to say anything at all?

because normies

Whatever it takes to survive.

Film industry. It's on it's way out.

become a drifter, scavenge like a wild homeless person. it'll be dope

plus you'll have a head start learning these skills over the rest of us

You can try to milk the system. In the US government contracts (FedBizzOps) are a lucrative cash cow if you're versed in legalese.
There's also a profitable market in online niche retail.

Only good answer.

Seize the means of production and liquidate the bourgeoisie

How the fuck is the film industry on its way out?

Netflix. YouTube. Amazon. Google. Reddit and other digital services are not playing ball with the unions.

The old media companies have been bleeding money for years. They're consolidating and buying each other.

Where there used to be 50 major media companies, now 6 only stand.

Less and less people get hired. Film and TV frequently shoots out of country.

The same tiny group of people keep getting paid more and more while everyone gets paid less and less.

So, like every other industry: Late stage capitalism.

Ah damn I had no idea, that sucks comrade. Porky will kiss the wall soon my friend, inshallah.

This is undeniably pro-consumer (at least at the moment). Nobody likes fucking paying out the nose for services they don't use.

But yeah, the rest of your points are valid and it sucks. What about smaller productions / youtube etc.?

communism has never worked, and never will work

Sell drugs on the darknet.

Perhaps, but you will certainly work in the gulag.

Imagining an autistic crew of train hopping Holla Forums crustpunks

why are neoliberal boujee feminists ALWAYS the cutest???

They have money to doll themselves up.

because they dump all their dollarydoos into looking good

then they can complain about how high their rent is and how hard life is after their hyper consumer spending sprees

we're too smart to be real crusties

its not only their look, but their cheeky attitude and mannerism

They're probably signalling that they belong to the same "tribe" as you. In this case, white, bougie, "quirky", internet-savvy etc.

but I am not bougy or white

Well in this case that tribe is just plain your fetish then.

as is delocalizing in taiwan so the consumer can get cheap shirts

Because you have an inferiority complex and you've internalized the idea that you're supposed to attend those people's needs and demands. They'd seem cute and desirable to you no matter what they do because that's just one manifestation of your classcuckoldry

Because you're mentally ill and probably on lithium salts

Don't disability-shame me you sinner.

whats the cure?

hate

magick without tears
sex
psychotherapy

The what now?

google it

I don't know man, I've seen those chaos magick types, and they didn't strike me as… particularly successful, shall we say.

you don't have to become spooked, just touch on the stuff and extract from it the valuable points, while disregarding the rest. if you prefer you can read stirner, he's a meme but he still has some insight, especially if contextualized. Or nietzsche.
this stuff is good for getting out of that kind of mentality. it's not like you need to become a zealot shitposter.
also meditation works, it really does. you can meditate while doing other stuff, too, which is amazing. If you think about it, you probably already do it during your day, just not consciously.

And neither is the Pirate Bay. The concept of making entertainment for profit is an anachronism now, because the internet makes entertainment post-scarcity. Nothing can reverse the death of copyright.

It COULD be possible to make a living from media production if a few things happened:
1. It all went p2p, removing server costs (which eat up a big chunk of your Netflix fee, for instance)
2. Licensing deals were abolished (Netflix has to buy licensing deals for shows few people watch, thus reducing the money that can go to popular shows)
3. The money goes directly to the creators (not the company, not the CEOs)

No the fuck it isn't. Torrenting is free, there is nothing more "pro-consumer" than that. Paying $15 a month for Netflix is extremely ANTI-consumer.

No you fucking retard, do you have any idea how much hentai artists make? Actors, editors and producers still need to fucking eat, it'll just become more decentralised and indie.
Holywood and cable TV will either die or be subsidised by the govt in 40 years though.