Will the coming crises created by climate change present our greatest opportunity for revolution?

Will the coming crises created by climate change present our greatest opportunity for revolution?

Millions will lose their homes and will be forced to migrate as parts of the world become inhospitable. There will be major conflicts over access to resources. The capitalist class will of course become more aggressive in their defense of their property, but people will have nothing to lose and no choice but to revolt against the ruling class.

Other urls found in this thread:

orgs-evolution-knowledge.net/Index/Essays/ClimateEmergency/Start of Runaway Warming.html
aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2015/11/climate-refugees-151125093146088.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

citation needed

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Al Gore stay in one thread pls.

Citation needed for climate refugees? It's common sense that rising sea levels are going to destroy island and coastal communities.

You should check out this
orgs-evolution-knowledge.net/Index/Essays/ClimateEmergency/Start of Runaway Warming.html

The countries that these people will be forced to flee to are much more prepared to invest in weapons, walls, cops, drones, prisons, holding facilities and all that other shit than they are to try to even attempt to integrate millions of starving, scared foreigners that just left everything they'd know up to that point behind, for good. It's already been happening in a lot of Europe, and it is a factor in what is shaking apart the EU. Our collective way of living is about to radically change whether we're ready for it or not.

There will be more riots, of course there will be more riots, but will there be revolutions? Will there be enough violence and protest to bring down the current system, or will the system have enough weapons, enforcers, infiltrators and towers to hide from or otherwise withstand and confuse the anger of a terrified populace on a planet that can clearly no longer support us all? What happens after that, if the system as it exists today is so overtaken by a populist uprising that it actually collapses? The world is dying (in the sense that it will shortly be uninhabitable for humans in any great capacity) under capitalism, but how will a decentralized and angry disparate proletariat be able to unite, and above all share, when the resources we've relied on for so long are running dry?

I don't know, comrade… The future for humanity looks really bleak to me most days.

Pic related, that was taken in Venezuela almost a year ago. They've been in collapse for a little while now.

Not me m8, super cereal

Aren't like, half the people in the world living close enough to the coasts that rising sea levels will flood their homes? It's not like one day the sea level will surge or anything, but once it starts it's only going to get worse.

It will be total fascism as the people eagerly put people with guns on the borders to shoot all those icky foreigners.

Citation that this will be as extreme as you are saying it will be?

Citation on the number of climate refugees?

Citation on whether this will happen in our lifetime?

You just can't make unsubstantiated claims like that here you fucking moronic fuckface. This isn't Holla Forums. Provide evidence or fuck off. Cunt.

What choice do they have? Allow the foreigners to come in and take over? Are you going to personally house them?

These European countries have limited resources they can't just open the flood gates. It hurts the working class even more when we do this.

yes, yes, don't show solidarity with those in your class. fight the foreigners!

suddenly Third Worldism looks much more appealing

That's not the point you fucking moron. You can't possibly house, feed, educate and school these people. There are limited resources. And we are talking millions upon millions of people here.

I hope you retards who act like all compassionate while ignoring the realities of limited resources put your money where your mouth is and try and house these refugees yourself instead of getting everybody else to do it just so you can virtue signal how much of a good person you are.

It's not in the self-interest of the working class to have to compete with these hordes of people for resources. You allow those refugees in and you create more problems.

The only person who benefits is porky. The people who advocate for accepting of refugees don't live in working class neighbourhoods. They live in gated communities.

Anyone who advocates for mass immigration needs to put their money where their mouth is and accept them in their own towns and houses.

The working class in Europe is sick of this shit.

aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2015/11/climate-refugees-151125093146088.html

These are no longer estimates. This is happening right now.

Unruhe was right.

First worlders will destroy the planet and won't even own up to the chaos they create.

How do we own up to the chaos we didn't create you fucking moron? We're working class people. We're the victims. Your solution is to make our lives even more miserable than they are by bringing in more competition for resources?

It's not our fault. I feel sorry for the refugees which is why I want to skin the bouegesie alive but let's face the reality of our situation: bringing in the people to appear compassionate will make our lives and theirs worse.

Our lives will be worsened because we will have to compete with resources, deal with cultural and racial conflicts. etc. Their lives will be worsened because the fascists will use the crisis as a way to take power and the working class will fall in line.

The solution is to revolt against the bourgesie not to open the doors to anymore people. Let's create a revolution here so then we can help the people who are struggling by solving their problems there and not bringing them here.

It's hard. There are no easy solutions but this is the only way.

When I look at our younger generations though, they seem to be the most indoctrinated of them all.
Literally only concerned with themselves and their material possessions, I dont see revolution happening, at least in America. I wholeheartedly believe murica is neutered by its media and business, and will eventually fade not with a bang, but with a whimper.

As Zizek said, the rational solution would be to move the displaced people to areas which would be opened up by the new climate, such as Siberia or Greenland. But this will never happen because true international cooperation and working for the rational benefit of human beings are things which do not exist. So instead we'll face total degeneration of society.

yes

Even Einstein said so.

are you living under a rock?

bumpan

absolute false faggotry
the meme warriors are meming cooling so if anything happens thule will rise from the shrinking oceans

I'm afraid that this is likely correct. While young people today are, I think, fairly open minded to idpol (race, sexuality, gender, etc) I don't think they are open minded in such a way as to allow them to seriously question and assess the economic and ideological problems of the modern era. As you pointed out, the constant barrage of corporate media, digital distractions and an increasingly shallow overall education has and will continue to make them angry and confused, but they will ultimately be unable to adequately assess and adapt to their unfortunate new reality in a way that makes strides for humanity as a whole.

Not that older people are necessarily better at any of this, mind you, but it will be the youth of today that is forced to deal with the toxic and increasingly chaotic mess of an ecosystem that we are left with as our resources become harder and harder to gather and our populations continue to grow - right up until the grand tipping point. At that point the population will likely continue adhering to faschistic promises of safety and prosperity fed to them by bourgeois. The scared populace will cling to these people, the ones telling them that everything will be okay, even if it is the exact opposite of okay, because the promise of safety and 'the good old days' will be all that these people will have to cling to while they wait in line for rations. They know no other way to live, and teaching them that there are alternatives would be counter-capitalistic.

No. Hordes of marauding barbarians ravaging entire continents are not a revolution.