Is it true that under feudalism, except for maybe during the harvest season, people worked less than we did today?

Is it true that under feudalism, except for maybe during the harvest season, people worked less than we did today?

I find that fucking crazy, how if with all the technology we have. I think you idiots should be using this point with the people you talk with to elucidate your point on wage slavery.
The more people on board the better

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf fuck capitalism and communism im ancap now

What?

Yes.

groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html

They worked way less. There were so many festivities that it wasn't unheard of for peasants to protest, demanding to be able to work: there was no paid vacation back then.
Not only that, but the working day wasn't non stop. You would stop to have snacks or even sleep at various points during the day.

How will you pay for all the healthcare for the old people that would have been dead back then?

anarcho-capitalism is basically neo-feudalism

The AnPrims were right all along??

Only if you reject the NAP like commies meme

"My perfect specific branch of ancap has never been tried."

This. Bourgeois society is the most reactionary state of humankind possible. Any Marxoids deluded enough to see it as progressive in any way whatsoever need to seriously rethink their philosophy. Absolutely no-one has ever benefited from the subjection of the human spirit to for-profit production that characterizes life today.

good one, fam

Wow, you're a complete retard.

Would you prefer we have some royal inbreds who have absolute control over the entire economy and make your sorry ass bend to his will as he pleases then?

T..thanks progress.

No, you fucking retard. The most reactionary state of human society is collectivist tribalism and communal housing.

Fuck em. Honestly. As birth rates fall why the fuck should a huge chunk of the working age population wipe 80 year old demented asshole 12 hours a day?

I think i'm misreading a part of the article

Can you explain

What else would peasants do outside of the harvest season?

More days off because of holidays

lunch breaks long enough to take a nap.

technology doesn't make you happy

clean air, strong family bonds.

Build infrastructure and serve their masters

read
, the times were not rosy of course, but sometimes i wonder…

Make more peasants.

What did you not understand? he's mentioning two different cases made by historicists.

if it's a yearly average of 9, isn't that the same as it is today?

wtf im a feudalist now

depends where tho, this is probably not the case for Russian serfs, no one fucking loved the serfdom there and idk when and how bad it was, but it probably got worse as the West industrialized

Depends on what country you're talking about. The workday is getting longer and it's becoming normal in many places to work on saturdays and sundays.
What you need to consider is how those hours are spread out during the day and how many days were spent not working. Remember that there was no electricity back then: people went to sleep and got up very early because of that. If you sleep from 9 pm to 6 am that's way more than your average person sleeps today, and they still took naps during the day. Hell, in some countries they still have this habit, or they had until not long ago.

Also I'd like to add that it's not like people were completely idle during religious or other festivities. There's still shit to do in the house. There's a bunch of stuff to do in a rural home, and the lack of readily available entertainment was a factor too. There were plenty of tasks people would do together, talking to each other and such.
By no means the feudal life was simple, but they definetely did not have our toxic view of work for work's sake. You can pretty much blame protestants for that.

Keep in mind that a lot of the shit we take for granted today would have eaten up a lot more time back then.

Europeans are lazy, what's new here?

good worker!

WTF I love feudalism now

I'll be sure to donate my labour power to the corvee this year

depends where you are, for example here in burgerland while on paper you might only work a 9-5, 5 days a week the reality is you'll be working 8-6 with overtime/weekend work expected
That's even if you manage to have a full time job

Not to mention the commute time, which for some people is insane

It's difficult to compare because time management was very different from now. Clear cut separation between leisure time and work time was gradually implemented in the XIX century.

Didn't Bookchin say something about slackers not doing their work, being revolutionary?

sounds seriously comfy tbh

WTF I love YHVH now!

russia was semi-feudal tho. they already had elements of capitalism when the revolution took place.

3 hours making lunch? do they have nothing prepared?

That's including time for making mushroom ketchup.

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Does it take Bookchin? it's a pretty straightforward thing.
Shit there are people out there that would rather beg on the streets than work. Not people who became bums because they weren't lucky, literally people who chose to do it. You gotta admire that kind of laziness, where you're so disgusted by the idea of wage work you'd rather risk not eating at all.