Morrowind thread

Under sun and sky, outlander, we greet you warmly.

Attached: 43b21420ae5a41ff86ded2cc21d098a370bc6352d95fe3ed8739865d72914e28.png (3961x3961, 4.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43128/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42417/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45430
download.fliggerty.com/download-127-874
mw.modhistory.com/download-42-11647
mw.modhistory.com/download-42-3212
moddb.com/mods/stros-mkai-in-the-third-era
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45522
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44398
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45448
interactive.libsyn.com/todd-howard
bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Finally decided to get around to trying openMW and Tamriel rebuilt. Great stuff but really that goes without saying.
Are there any niche mods that you enjoy that I might not have heard of or seen browsing top files on nexus/planet/etc?
Anything to spice up a monk or a pure mage build would be great. I'm currently in the middle of tribunal temple quests as my monk. Hand to hand is actually pretty ridiculous, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it. Great for handling large groups of enemies and it levels absurdly fast. Tedious to finish people off though.
Is atronach super reliant on alchemy for magicka potions as I imagine it to be? I've never really done a pure mage and I'm thinking about going hardcore with it.

Just beat the shit out of Alma, if you really want a good time.
Kinda sad how there is no option to rape here while she lying on the floor and screaming like a bitch…

That's a high quality map, OP. Vvardenfell looks a little sparse, but I suppose they're only posting major/notable locations (eg not every fucking tomb in Seyda Neen's swamplands)

That said, I wish there was more mechanical depth to the game. OpenMW is a very good sign, but content gets boring when you can use the same strategies and approaches (but then you might have content that sidesteps your skills/abilities and forces you to do certain things, which then becomes frustrating)

As for mods, I've always liked fair Magicka regen. There's also 3 kinds of casters that I think of. One has a high mana pool but expensive spells and poor regeneration, one another has a small pool and very faster regeneration, and the last one has a small pool, but reduced cost of spells. Usually I put "clerical" stuff into the high regen category, so if I made a monk, I'd probably do that. For a wizard, huge MP, no doubt.

Not really into taking Vehk's sloppy seconds personally. Get me a pure dunmer maiden and we can talk.
I'm sure there's a mod to suit your interests out there somewhere though.

Attached: 1467004577382.jpg (1000x750, 387.37K)

Glad you like it. I think it may have been made by someone on the TR team actually. I can't remember for the life of me though.
I don't know why, but I don't really get bored of Morrowind. Maybe it's because I only play it when I have a solid RP idea I want to run with, such as my current monk build. I'm playing him as very faithful to the tribunal and all that jazz. Also collecting every book I can find on him.

Also thanks for that mod. That's perfect for what I am looking for.

Attached: 09s3dmim8apz.jpg (611x611, 70.22K)

Morrowind is the best bethesda title by no short margin…

Attached: Morrowind - The ashlands.jpg (950x715 220.87 KB, 204.82K)

I can't argue with you… she didn't even deserves a good dicking.

and Nerevar's sloppy thirds. Ol' Indoril got cucked on a godly level. Don't forget Dunmer bitches are sluts but it's okay since they won't give up the stinkhole

I prefer Daggerfall for gameplay but Morrowind's writing and atmosphere are great.

Morrowind has always been one of my favorite games, so since I was always busy playing it I never really gave Daggerfall a fair shot. Gave it a try last year and I've gotta agree with you, the dungeon crawling in it is great and the fact that you can buy carriages/boats/houses is really cool. There's also some interesting pieces of lore in there too if you actually finish the main quest and pay enough attention. The books are worth reading as well.

No one cares, Christ its always morrowind and skyrim. They have the entirety of nirn to fuck around with and they keep falling back on morrowind n skyrim, beth and zeni need to get their shit together.

Attached: the_elder_scrolls__world_map_of_nirn_by_okiir-dbgnkci.png (5010x2510 239.45 KB, 1.79M)

What is it about Morrowind threads that attract "stop liking what i dont like" shitposters so quickly?

Sadly no. Even if Bethesda had that same lightning in a bottle they had with Morrowind there's no way they would be able to do the continent of Akavir justice. Hell, they wouldn't be able to make some of provinces on Tamriel up to snuff. There's no conceivable way that Bethesda could possibly make a good game in a place like Black Marsh or Elsweyr. Actually, there's no conceivable way they could ever make a good game in general again. If you want to have an adventure in another province/continent on Nirn that hasn't been depicted yet you'd better start making a total conversion for OpenMW because if you're relying on Bethesda to make a unique and engaging TES game again you'll end up sorely disappointed, user.

Cause it's all you fucks ever talk about, it's been done to death already, this compounded with developers focusing mostly on morrowrim area makes niggers like me fucking sick of it.

Attached: d6ceeda7-c87c-4f51-85b2-f0fa5d57239f.png (470x546 209.45 KB, 49.64K)

Isn't that Daftpatriot's art?

Attached: not welcome.jpg (1366x998, 235.42K)

Then just don't post and play other games. Or make your own mod. Lots of ways to be the change you want to see in the world. No reason to shit up a perfectly good thread with furshit and whining.

wew that first image was made by a gay scalie

I'm not saying they could make another morrowind tier game, I'm just saying they need to stop going back to it because it's going to retroactively ruin it and they should instead branch the fuck out and show us something new.

They fucking won't though, retard. They fucked up Cyrodiil's environment by trying to cater to the lowest common denominator, and, after that game raked in the shekels it's going to be that way as long as they continue making cash-cow TES games. You bitch about the fact that Holla Forums only talks about Morrowind (yet there is always at least a little bit of Daggerfall discussion that happens in these threads as well) but that's because it's the game worth talking about. They won't branch out and try something new with the series because they don't have to. Normalfags will buy Skyrim 2 even if the environments look like an even more boring and empty English countryside than Oblivion did.
What are you even referring to? ESO? Anybody who actually gives a shit about the series doesn't even acknowledge its existence. Either ignore the shit you don't like and enjoy the games in the series you enjoy or just drop the whole series entirely. Nobody's forcing you to play these games or read these threads.

Attached: what the FUCK is this piece of SHIT.webm (480x360, 371.37K)

No doubt Daggerfall has superior mechanics, but they're held back by their clunky execution so much that Morrowind really is the better experience.

There's no way that map is 4th era. Aldmeris and Yokuda were long gone by then and Atmora had entirely frozen over.

Good god why does everyone insist on lizard tits?

Because they're insulting the base game, which is shit, and we're defending the modded game, which is good. Since we're both right it creates a never ending argument.

Also let's talk mods. I think Antare's creature mod is the best creature add on for Morrowind. I know some people prefer Morrowind Advanced from the BTB guide for the dragons or Piratelord's creatures for the complete Daedra bestiary, but they also add in some shit recolors and out of place animals like bug-eyed goldfish to the water. I always envisioned Morrowind's water life to be more primordial, which seems to be what the TR team and TESRenewal team are after.

Attached: Osteostraci_Janvier.gif (680x980 613.81 KB, 149.49K)

How do you two know this?
You have something to share?

Attached: 1326753706119.jpg (460x1742, 151.66K)

N'wah, pls….

Attached: morrowind_days_by_snowskadi.jpg (1600x1200 732.79 KB, 787.04K)

I might use this for the giants and the gargoyle but I've always had something against using mods that just put random fantasy creatures in the game with complete disregard for established lore. I mean throwing a beholder into Morrowind just seems silly

Is there a mod that puts more ambient creatures into the game (E.G. birds, fish and insects)?

Attached: 2zBD9zs.png (597x625, 358.37K)

You have no right to throw stones.

Yes
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43128/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42417/?
Never tried these so I can't vouch for their quality

I mean it's old as fuck but okay,sure,

I'm kind of split on this. On the one hand it's exactly what I wanted in terms of functionality, on the other it's kind of lame that the creatures are only earth creatures.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them, the birds one not so much but the sea creatures one just being sharks and shit is kinda disappointing.

Yeah I'm just going to use the bird one. I don't spend much time in the water anyway.

Attached: Morrowind vs Skyrim.jpg (1024x768 909.97 KB, 128.29K)

Does one even raise speechcraft and mercantile without trainers anyway?

Destruction should be a major skill.

He should have acrobatics for all the leaps of logic.

this is the best part of daggerfell, i think. cant tell you how many times i would load that game up and just end up reading books and not doing any dungeon crawling at all. in fact i think the dungeon crawling is a little bullshit sometimes. every once in a while (atleast this happened to me, and more than once) you will be strolling around through one of them, and then fall through a hole in the floor and end up somewhere deep in the middle of a labyrinth of secret passages that youre on the wrong end of.

in my opinion save scumming is a good way to alleviate some of the shittier parts of the game. but the combat is better than morrowind for sure

This is my latest character.
Pros
Cons

Attached: screenshot003.png (1920x1080 1.53 MB, 1.44M)

mercantile you basically dont but vanilla morrowind has a compliment-bribe-intimidate combo that works 9 out of 10 times and raises your speech in no time

Does the bribe amount matter?

not for the combo, it does if you just want to bribe
you use different speech options to reset the diminishing returns effect, I cant remember the exact sequence but Im pretty sure its on the interwebs somewhere

not bad, but you do know about the boots of blinding speed right?

Flock of Seagulls is better for performance if you just want to have a visual effect to match the sounds already in the default game.

Attached: a-flock-of-seagulls-3.jpg (1024x768, 188.73K)

i think thats the order i used to do it in. its been a long time. it might be time to dust it off and fuck around a little in vvardenfell. my main comp is fucked though and it runs like shit on my laptop.probably gonna go with daggerfall

Of course, I just decided not to use them this time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 185.98K)

It's not a fucking planet you retard.

How did he got soul gemmed after fighting this?

Attached: Jiub.jpeg (480x480, 28.54K)

Depends on your definition of a "better experience." Daggerfall and Morrowind are two very different types of "experiences" for sure.

Attached: mfw spears.jpg (641x481 682.8 KB, 71.21K)

Dungeon exploring in Daggerfall is buggy shit

That Azura shrine is my favorite location in the game. The cliffside facing toward the sea with the giant statue on top looks really cool to me for some reason.

It's a nice landmark to sail by if you have abbot's boats installed.

Skyrim is the best experience. Look how beautiful everything looks. HD graphics with power of modding.

Attached: dragon priest.jpeg (1920x1200 105.6 KB, 579.58K)

Attached: fags.png (340x412, 186.77K)

I pretty much exclusively use OpenMW these days so sadly I can't use that mod too reliably. I've been thinking of trying to make an .omwaddon attempting to re-create some of Abot's travelling mods, boats/silt striders/guars all that shit.

Honestly, I’ve been suicidal for months now, and the only reason I play video games any more is to keep my mind off the idea for a few hours each day. I finally fucking got so low that I just recently started playing Skyrim, and I have to tell you that I stopped because the experience was worse than thinking about literally killing myself. There is absolutely no enjoyment in that game. The gameplay is so fucking disturbing and pathetic.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have any reason to live, because I’m about to buy some fucking bolt cutters and break into a poorly guarded nearby skyscraper.

yeah, until it crashes every 3 seconds because you have over 200+ mods of 2k graphics textures and meshes and the engine is so bad at relocating memory

Take a good walk around the city, maybe a park if your city's air is not clean. Think about life, think about God. Pray to Jesus in your thought. Its especially good if weather is slightly chilly. Maybe drink just one or two bottles of beer before doing that, but no more. Being slightly drunk and seeking existential inner peace on a chilly day while breathing cold air breaks any mind boggling thoughts. Work out when return home, take a shower, delete skyrim.

Attached: walking.jpeg (750x499, 50.91K)

The only reason I live is solely to spite everyone and the only thing that'll stop me now is in an event of something worth while to end it all over. I'm just patiently waiting for everything to hit the fan while playing my vidya in the meantime.

Attached: 3146794468749837537.jpg (656x788, 194.75K)

Why do you need a reason?

Don't kill yourself until Tamriel Rebuilt and all the other province mods are done. If you do this you'll end up living to a ripe old age.

>implying Lyg exists in the same type of spacetime that Atmora, Akavir, Yokuda, Aldmeris and Tamriel exist in

Kick reason to the curb, tbh, fam. People should live in order to spite death, imo.

Find something to struggle with.

Life isn't about being happy - it's about having a struggle.

You know, I'd appreciate this Kirkbride shit a lot more if it wasn't obscured behind his bullshit out-of-game apocrypha. I mean, I appreciate a lot of the shit he's written outside of actually writing for the games but for fuck's sake, not everything has to be the 36 sermons. I just want to be able to understand this shit.

I should mention, that I mean the idea that the continents are in a different space-time. I understand that Nirn is not actually a "planet" in the conventional sense, like how Masser and Segunda are actually Lorkhan's body and shit like that.

Well it's not like Bethesda/ZeniMax are ever gonna be the ones to actually build on the setting rather than just retconning parts out of it with each new game :^)

To be honest you're completely right. You know I honestly used to hate the idea of "crowd-sourced" lore; just the fact that any faggot redditor could write fanfiction and then feel as though they are legitimately contributing to the setting. But after thinking about what Bethesda did with Skyrim and the shit Zenimax shits into ESO I'm thinking the best thing to do is just have a headcanon where Morrowind was the last game in the series and anything on top of that just comes from whatever mods you like to install. Like, to me the content in Tamriel Rebuilt is more legitimate than anything in Skyrim at this point. TES is an absolutely shit series if you're a lore purist.

Fuck off cultist.

Kikebride doesn't mean that you have your own canon, he's said repeatedly that EVERYTHING is canon even ESO, whom he defends and even had a hand in it (he was being invited for discussions by the zenimax crew often as he said himself). Everything Kikebride has ever done is pretentious "it's all a dream" and "lolsorandumb" 2deep4u garbage.

Attached: ESO IS GOOD.png (859x506 652.56 KB, 29.4K)

I was just explaining what I, personally, do in regards to the series. I can pick and choose specific shit he's written about TES that I think is interesting. That doesn't mean I have to listen to everything he says, the man's a fucking drunkard and most likely a sexual deviant.

If you want to stop at Morrowind that's good and no one should stop you. For the longest time I could only play Morrowind because of being on a potato. But just to be clear Kikebride didn't invent anything interesting, most all of the Arena - Daggerfall - Morrowind worldbuilding was created by Ted Peterson and some of the early writers. All of Kikebride's contributions include shit like:
-wanting to make Pelinal gay
-turning every daedra and aedra into robots from the future
-making Vehk a tranny
-using Vehk's vagina to "suppress" Ysgramor's thu'um
Among other shit like that. He also invented gunpowder for Redguard and tried to excuse it as Yokuda living in the future and being way more advanced than anything on Tamriel. Also in his out-of-game fanfics he has Cyrus and Vivec be a faggot couple (see Lord Vivec's Sword-Meeting With Cyrus the Restless).

Attached: cuckbride.png (736x941, 856.43K)

Didn't that come about because he was shilling for ESO hard and had to come up with some roundabout way to make the shit in that game lore-friendly somehow? Kinmune or some shit like that, the only reason I remember it is because I remember it being some shit about robots and alluding to Talos being an operating system or some goofy shit.

That's exactly what he planned (muh Tal-OS), but it goes hand in hand with him catering to ESO and any shitty fanfic that gets produced (including his) because "everything is canon". If you don't agree with something then you're "disturbing the peace" and treated like a criminal against the cult. Pic related.

Attached: NO DISSENT IN MY CULT.png (859x498, 31.28K)

He is referring to the text KINMUNE, yes, which was a short story involving a far-future artificial intelligence getting sent back in time and assuming several roles throughout history, including that of an Altmer queen. It featured mention of a computer operating system named after Talos, and had the effect of having a character (the Altmer queen) appearing in TESuvius be a robot from the future, and so I imagine that what he did was that he just sort had those ideas smashed together in his mind.

If Chim is a thing and the world is a dream, then why is one canon such a big deal? Can't you just say there are many timelines and parallel universes where everything is correct? That way you have the ability to define the setting and still have valid headcanon without issues

Because that sort of metaphysical cosmology is dumb. I don't see how Holla Forums anons of all people aren't tired of "it was all a dream" meme yet, but here we are. Everything Kikebride produces is tied to the concept that everything is relative and nothing is truly set in stone, no objective truths at all. At that point TES worldbuilding would have no value, it would just be a common whore. Thankfully CHIM meme and the dream are more of Kikebride's fanfic and don't have to be taken seriously by non-cultists.

Attached: kirkbride on lore.png (939x232, 134.93K)

It's not a huge problem or anything, I'm lamenting for the games not the setting. I can stop acknowledging in-game lore whenever I want if I think a specific game is shit and want to ignore it. It's just sad to me that a good setting is going to waste because it's in the hands of a developer that won't try anything unique or interesting. After blue-balling you with the good shit in Morrowind they drop you into the most dull medieval fantasy setting in Oblivion and then twist the knife more with Skyrim's asspulls.

Do you just mod out any book Kikebride wrote when you play Morrowind? I've never seen this big of a hate-boner for an inconsequential drug-addict that happens to have written some stuff for a video game series.

No. In the case of the Sermons it's clearly Vivec lying to try and fool retards. Although it's funny how this would mean that he specifically asked one of his priests to write about that time he sucked off Molag's cock and made a litter of monsters from their union. And I do have a hate-boner for Kikebride because his cultists are everywhere, and I loathe them because they try to POZ up the setting.

I don't know the fuck I missed this on my first reading, but let me tell you, you've got no idea how crazy atronach is. That 50 spell absorption literally makes you the all devouring eater of worlds, because it procs on all magical effects. All of them, and it absorbs the base cost. What this means is that shrine blessings which have 5-6 different effects and absurdly high base costs will completely restore your magicka almost every time. Not just 50%, but almost every time, since the effects proc independently for absorption and there's a shit ton of them. What this means is that you can almost completely deplete your magicka, put down a mark, and then just almsivi or divine intervention to a shrine to instantly get back to full and teleport right back. No 8 hour rest required.
If you don't feel like doing that, you can also summon spellcasting minions and aggro them to absorb their magicka instead. Summoning minions just to drain them dry of their power, is there anything more bad ass? If you haven't played an Atronach yet, you haven't experienced Morrowind. Go roll one right now.

Attached: wt2r.jpg (800x600, 123.54K)

On my last playthough with an Atronach birthsign I enchanted a belt that summoned an ancestor ghost and just let it wail on me until it ran out of magicka or despawned. I liked the idea of playing a Dunmer that was being haunted by the ghosts of his ancestors.

Atronach is basically a 50% chance to avoid hostile spells. I strongly recommend against using it for a pure mage build.

Recommended mage build: Lich. Conjuration + Mysticism + Restoration. Summon a ton of weak minions for 11 seconds. Summon a ton of weak minions for 9, 7, 5 and 3 seconds. AoE absorb stats. Cast obnoxiously overpowered buff spells on armies of everlasting Golden Saints. Buff yourself with magic or elemental immunity and nuke everything with max AoE spell spam. Cast self-healing spells so strong nothing can kill you.

I never fucking considered buffing summons, why am I retarded? I always figured those were for companions that followed you more than anything else.

You cannot be any more wrong. Atronach is the best sign for a pure mage build, perhaps even any build, because even if you're a barbarian negating spells 50% of the time is a big deal considering that a lot of the hardest enemies in Morrowind are spellcasters. The 50% absorb actually has much more uses than just defense as I put forth here and on top of that it TRIPLES your magicka pool. The other signs simply can't compare. Not being able to regenerate magicka by resting sounds bad, but if you really think about it the 50% absorb totally negates this penalty, meaning that the Atronach has no real drawbacks while providing enormous advantages.

Revenge.

I look at a lot of porn.

Morrowind's gameplay is hot ass and you will never change my mind about this.

i prefer to think it's gameplay is hot tiddies

I forgot about that.

Attached: бог.webm (1280x720, 2.58M)

I don't

I've come to the realization that my only real issue with Skyrim is the lack of Morrowind's Journal. I never felt Morrowind's had stellar combat or anything and I always enjoyed playing Warrior characters or archer style ones. So most of Skyrim's gameplay never really bothered me. It wasn't the worst thing ever not the best either, just meh, like MW.

I'm bringing this up because why hasn't anyone tried to make a Morrowind's Quest log in Skyrim? Is it not possible?

Somebody would need to do a lot of extra writing to make sure there were directions to every quest location. But this still wouldn't save the game since every quest is

Because none of the default quest entries give enough information to work on their own, and none of them are very personally written. Plus, Morrowind had you ask topics based on words npcs would mention, which is something you can't do in Skyrim.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45430

Hey has anyone tried this mod? It's pretty new and it's seems to be a compilation of a bunch of cut content like adding an actual village to Ald Redaynia and putting unused items like the Wings of the Queen of Bats into the world. It also incorporates Vivec's and Yagrum's voice files. I'm gonna try it out and see if how good a job it does.

I would like to see more places of Nirn.
A Daggerfall remake is fine too.

Tried it, it's good.

It would have to be an extensive mod, but I can't deny that the directionless waypoint following seriously hampered my appreciation for the world. I loved following directions and discovering the locations myself using road signs, or wondering if this was the right vampire crypt. Radiant AI would also male this hard, but the quest directions could say X can usually be found at X during the X. It would be a cool mod for sure.

You would literally have to:

It would make the game significantly better but would also be impossible without either a lot of autism or a lot of budget.

Anyone know a decent hair mod that isn't anime garbage and works with better heads?
I tried mackom's heads but all necks disappear when I use it.
I just want to make a breton girl mage who doesn't look like a weird dyke.

Attached: t3_51gsnt.jpg (880x1100, 218.65K)

I remember someone pointing out that one reason why morrowind has more named npc than skyrim is that in morrowind even random bandits are named. were respawning bandits/equivelant enemies a mistake in skyrim?

daily reminder that if you use better anything you are a giant pleb and a man of supremely shit taste in AESTHETICS 

i'm currently around 10 hours into daggerfall and it's still fucking awful. when is this game supposed to get good?

Never, Oblivion was the only game that got better as you played it.

You could just stop playing the game

0xZ=0

Got something else in mind? I'm only using it because after looking at the vanilla faces for 15 years I decided to try something different.

Westly's pluginless head replacer is my usual go-to.
download.fliggerty.com/download-127-874

I rly hope this succeeds so i can do a on foot Port Telvannis >Almalexia >Tear >Narsis >Kragen Mar> Baan Malur pilgrimage

Asshole, think about the people you leave behind. Not just the people who love you, but the people who find your splattered corpse and the people who scrape you up and the people who have to sit in traffic when they close off the road for your dumb ass. Find a spot deep in the wilderness where you will never be found and suffocate yourself. Either that, or just keep suffering because if you really can't see enough value in your life to want to keep going, then there is no way it is worth the grief you cause when you off yourself.

If you're going to kill yourself, make sure to take as many people as you can with you.

Funny enough a had gone to full nihilism and almost contracted the gay but thanks to Holla Forums i live with hope tomorrow and my top priority in life is finding a qt gf which with I can procreate and have a happy family.

Attached: 006_BBC_Chan_543670.jpg (800x1200, 145.45K)

Why are orsimer such a good race?

Attached: 068fdcf28a6bd14bcaa62aeae04614b3.webm (1920x1080, 7.11M)

Attached: 57feeedbfa6feddf7bfadb41ec66fc73279bcec1a1ef660c75ab06717880868e.png (501x445, 191.85K)

Here's a bigger map, still largely incomplete though, I kind of wish that PT would put out more incomplete content like TR, things like Markarth, Dragonstar and Anvil are complete enough to walk around and enjoy, but they haven't any public releases. PC and ShotN are both gearing up for releases of these with I think ShotN closer, but nonetheless a fair way off. ShotN itself makes the most progress, I remember when first discovering these projects and only the Vornigad forest was released while PC had Stirk out, now ShotN has released significantly more including Karthwasten and the Drudarch highlands while PC still only has Stirk, but it has NPCs now. There's also been more work going into High Rock, which I think will also include Orsinium, great content, shame it's all the euro provinces though.

I've also included a picture of Markarth Side, kind of reminds me of Whiterun.

Looking at the OpenMW PRs I've noticed that one for improved navigation has gotten far, now this may not seem much but this is an enormous step for OpenMW, it's content that is completely unachievable with vanilla Morrowind, it will remove the extremely limited systems that Morrowind already has, both the nav nodes which determines points NPCs move between and when these are not relevant the simple behaviour of running directly at a player and then spinning around in a circle when they get stuck, this destroys barriers in the way for things such as NPC scheduling allowing locations to be given to NPCs and for the AI to be able to self navigate, or things like companions that don't get stuck on the simplest terrain, more importantly this gives OpenMW more legitimacy as a replacement for the Vanilla engine, also shadows aren't far off, could make the next release.

Attached: markarth_side.jpg (10591x6091 68.8 KB, 8.39M)

That shot of Markarth looks pretty good. I explored a good bit of SHotN and there was this giant stronghold filled with liches and daedra that was really great. I like all the little miscellaneous items that PT adds in, I autistically collect them to display in my Telvanni wizard tower. Stirk is tiny but has some great locations and the city is pretty huge all things considered. The ayylmao ruins were really cool too, as were the crypts beneath the temple in town. Although I wish the Imperial temples didn't have lorebreaking ancient greek frescoes in them.

i was expecting it to be one of those games that are very rough to get into but are amazing after that, but it just kept getting worse
am i doing something wrong? the general consensus seems to be that daggerfall is the second best elder scrolls but my experience so far has been really bad

Kill yourself

Okay, So do you also have anything to help with the whole "female bretons only have dyke hair" problem?

play a race that doesn't have dyke women you breton half-breed nigger
But seriously just search for hair on the nexus and MW mod history you're bound to find SOMETHING you might like. There are shit tons of graphics mods for Morrowind at this point and everyone has their preferences so just find the ones you like yourself.

mw.modhistory.com/download-42-11647
mw.modhistory.com/download-42-3212
In fact here, I found these in like 30 seconds. Don't like them? Search the site more.

Dude I just spent 40 minutes looking. All I can find is shitty anime hair or shit that isn't compatible with vanilla heads. towards the end I just started mass DLing random hair mods off MW mod history that don't have pictures in the hopes that ONE of them was just some simple should length hair for breton chicks. Most of them were shit for elves or all sorts of insane hair styles.

I don't even rember those frescoes. I also forgot to mention that a Stro's Mkai mod was also released, but it's all interior and not part of Project Tamriel or Tamriel Rebuilt.

What kind of hair do you want? give us some pictures or something.

moddb.com/mods/stros-mkai-in-the-third-era
Is this the one you're talking about? We might eventually be able to explore that part of Tamriel without having to play through a shitty Tomb Raider clone to experience it.

Something really simple and boring like this is all I want.

Attached: 716f3755365727ca235a84b4f88cfb68--short-hairstyles-for-women-hairstyle-for-women.jpg (500x482, 25.29K)

w h y

Looks to have exterior cells to me.

Oh shit, never mind, it IS all interior-based. What a dumb decision. The guy should hop on the Project Tamriel train so he can take advantage of TR_Data

For as good a community as this is, I genuinely didn’t expect honest replies, and I thank you anons who gave them, even if I don’t quote you directly.

These three have been me for roughly the last decade, minus the hope. My ability to form new memories went to shit and destroyed my life’s ambitions, so I shifted to a worldview of “truth above all else” and then “truth without all else”, because what the fuck good is life if you lie to yourself? So I have to ask, if truth is how you keep fighting, WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR HOPE?

The purchasing power of the US dollar is worth three cents, compared to the dollar of 1913. Taxes? Where do we start. ✡Income tax✡, which exists solely to pay for the existence of the Federal Reserve–taxes going to the pockets of private individuals for the ‘privilege’ of printing worthless currency. An unconstitutional marxist welfare state to steal more income from the working and give it to the lazy, the nonwhites, and the foreigners. Endless war solely for the sake of other nations with no annexations or financial benefits for the US, wasting trillions in taxes and tens of thousands of lives. All laws, everywhere, at every level, are completely ignored by the government. The governing class is universally guilty of multiple felonies, and at least half of whom are guilty of outright treason. Genocidal invasion from the third world. Rape, murder, theft, etc. running rampant throughout once-safe streets as niggers and dune coons reap the fruits of their invasion. Terrorist attacks against people who are imprisoned for fighting back against the terrorists. Faggots and trannies holding parades where they spew their juices riddled with incurable STDs all over the streets. You get fired from your job or arrested if you so much as disagree with this shit.

And gun confiscations from actual citizens so they can’t even defend themselves against any of it or reverse it. NOT THAT THEY EVER WILL. And that’s the problem. One hundred fucking years of this. Never stopping, never slowing. And what have the people done? NOTHING. They didn’t rise up in 1913 when the US stopped using money and started using private currency. They didn’t rise up in 1917 when the jew puppet Wilson said, “We’re going to war for the Europeans and getting nothing out of it in return.” They didn’t rise up in 1920 when jewish feminists brainwashed men into granting women the vote, setting a deadline on the collapse of our nation at no later than 2020 (every single civilization in human history that enfranchised women fell within 100 years). They didn’t rise up in 1933 when FDR unconstitutionally made “owning gold” illegal. They didn’t rise up in 1934 when the National Firearms Act unconstitutionally banned the ownership of weapons. They didn’t rise up in 1935 when the marxist Social Security Act was passed, nor during any of other FDR’s illegal acts. They didn’t rise up in 1941 when the jew puppet FDR said, “We’re going to war for the Europeans, again, and getting nothing out of it in return, again.” They didn’t rise up in 1946 when Bretton Woods was signed. They didn’t rise up against any of the proxy wars in the Cold War (which gave us nothing). They didn’t rise up in 1965 when the signatories of the Immigration & Nationality Act openly stated they wanted to commit genocide on the whites of America. They didn’t rise up in… you get it by now.

For a while I, too, was staying alive only for the promise of the forthcoming race war. But… there’s not going to be one. No one will ever fight back against this.

Anyway, to be on topic, I think that–if nothing else–many of us really like the idea that the Elder Scrolls series represents. The world that has been built, the lore, and even occasionally the characters and races. I’d love to see this modern shit be good again. I’d love for there to be actual gameplay changes between the species rather than “exact same model, animations, and gameplay style but he has a tail or scales or a hideous pointy face.” Hell, I’d love for the gameplay to not be casualized. But we know that’s never going to happen without an industry collapse. I still have an immense appreciation for a good RPG! It’s just that Elder Scrolls VI is going to have flintlock pistols, and that hurts to think about. Not just because a world with magic won’t ever bother with firearms, but because it just doesn’t fit with the tone. OH! And you know what they might fucking do? “People like those boat games like ass creep, right? Well, let’s make a boat game!” And Elder Scrolls VI will make you pilot a boat, using their shitty 25 (at that point) year old engine, between Tamriel and Akavir.

Attached: nirn.png (5476x3032, 8.9M)

I forgot to mention that the map I posted is more up to date than OPs, you can see where Solstheim is being move to on the map.

Yeah, I haven't tried it yet myself, hearing that it was all an interior cell really put me off.

All I can think of is Mackoms hair but it contrasts poorly with the vanilla assets.

It's the craziest shit I've ever heard.

Whenever I see shit like this it makes me wish I had time or knew literally anything about making Morrowind Mods to speed up TR development. That said I kinda get the feeling everyone is just waiting on OpenCS to be feature complete before going ham on making modding.

They'll probably just do what they do best, copy popular mods only to make something worse than those mods.

Attached: 2ultx2ejqary.png (523x786, 619.28K)

It wouldn't matter if it weren't for the MASSIVE performance hit from trying to load a bunch of assets all at once.
(fucking checked)
I'm definitely waiting for OpenCS to be feature complete. I have so many ideas for mods and I want there to be more mods specifically aiming at OpenMW.

Have you made mods before?

Attached: 1466031065751-3.jpg (702x683, 112.72K)

Besides minor tweaks to various NPCs no, not really.

I certainly know I am, vanilla CS crashes all the fucking time, is archaic as all fuck and performs worse than OpenMW somehow, whereas OpenCS is severely lacking in features, but at a base it's easily far better, it has multi monitor support, support for panel splitting and works with OpenMW itself so it will eventually support more advanced features, like water meshes that can really push content creation ahead.

Fun fact, did you know that there's an open CK project aiming to replace Skyrim's Construction Kit, all I can say is why?

I'd disagree, primarily because the rest of TR/PT is all in a single worldspace and you can walk between locations seamlessly, and even see locations from one another, Stirk itself should be visible from Stros Mkai. Secondarily being an interior cell it won't recieve performance improvements that will be made available through being an exterior cell, cell geometry itself tessellated for each individual cell decreasing the amount of tris the terrain itself is composited from depending on the distance you are from them, additionally when support is added additional geometry can be lod'd decreasing the geometry of objects not in the current cell, but this geometry can also be loaded as a single object decreasing the performance impact. Overall it's significantly superior to make Stros Mkai an exterior cell, except when concerning the current OpenMW release which is in desperate need of performance optimizations.

Attached: screenshot023.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

those fish are fucking rad
I particularly like that shapeless little idiot in top left that vaguely looks like a gourami

People love Skyrim my n'wah. To an almost absurd degree they love that game. I don't really get it. Skyrim may as well be called "wasted potential: the game." and this is in a franchise where oblivion exists. It seems most people hate roleplaying and having both skills and weaknesses and only want to fulfill their fantasies of being a bad-ass in a shallow world.

At least with openMW there is much fertile ground for us to work. Maybe once openCS is complete I'll finally get around to learning how to make mods myself. I'd love to make a mod that adds a shitload of simple quests all over TR.

Attached: t3_6frei9.png (798x629, 698.67K)

I think it's supposed to be paint on her body including her tits and nipples. It's still shit though.

Bethesda already did that for Skyrim and Fallout 4 and im gonna let you in on a closely guarded secret - it fucking sucks

Attached: 1467938564119.jpg (1024x1147, 306.71K)

TR, PT and ShotN are those kind of projects that I'm willing to wait for years until they're fully ready, as long as they don't die.

No I mean they'd have characters and sometimes twists and what not, but they'd be very simple in terms of scope and scale. Maybe make each one of them give a tiny bit of lore. Like one quest refers to a burial rite, another involves propers manners among house dres, etc.

So, there are plenty of big projects to add tons of world and presumably at some point quest content to the game
What about making the base gameplay for all that content better
I know openMW is far enough along for something more than shitty tweaks and hacky addons to be realistically doable

That seems like a simply community project where everyone makes something and its put into a pack/whole mod.

Attached: 1469670011272.jpg (700x700, 93.11K)

I get that people love Skyrim, but I'm more about how are people incapable of seeing what they have in OpenMW, the community has skilled programmers and skilled artists but they spend their time banging their head against TESV and the Creation Engine instead of jumping in on TESIII and OpenMW, where far greater gains are possible. The engine as it is is currently lacking but it's potential is there, the only thing I think you won't see is smoother fancier interfaces because OpenMW uses Mygui, which doesn't seem anywhere near as powerful as Scaleform, but other than that, everything Skyrim does OpenMW is able to do but it's developers can make the features more accessible and more stable to use for modders and users.

Same, but I'm hoping that OpenMW catches on and starts pulling in modders to these projects, a big part of that is probably getting OpenCS to the point where it has the same functionality to vanilla cs

There are a few issues with just adding in content like that, adding functionality to the engine doesn't work in the same way that mods do, you'd presumably have to compile from source to add in strong custom functionality, or someone would have to create a fork that would need to be maintained additionally on top of the core engine, TES3MP works like that, it adds in multiplayer functionality but is separate from OpenMW but there are plans to eventually merge the two together, this is in general post 1.0 content.

OpenMW 1.0 is the lock for replacing Vanilla morrowind, once OpenMW reaches 1.0 they can basically set the 1.0 release aside and anyone who wants to run a precise replacement for Vanilla Morrowind can just run that and run the game as expected with only bug fixes and quality of life improvements for the engine. OpenMW post 1.0 is where you will start seeing new engine functionality be added, especially in regard to extending the .omwaddon format.

The plans for post 1.0 aren't really outlined, but it's all up to Zini who is a fucking dinosaur.

Maybe. It's mostly born out of my philosophy of quest design after many years of playing RPGs.
I've come to the conclusion that every quest no matter how small should contain a nugget of something that contributes to the world. Whether it be in character, lore, etc.

There is a mod that lets you write your own ingame journal, but that's really only useful if you want to get into the roleplaying part of the game.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45522

I found this one to be better, and I prefer it because it is modular.

Anyone played The Doors Of Oblivion ?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44398
I found it to have really nice assets, but it felt rather unfinished.
It is still great to explore some Daedric realms.

Morrowind is great just to explore and walk around in because the world is meticulously crafted, but Daggerfall offers a pretty damn amazing dungeon generator for those who like the problem solving that hardcore dungeon crawling brings.

Nirn proves flat earth

There are more like that already, i've used them on my multiplayer server and they add nice variety.

The engine is only half the equation for the OpenMW project to reach its full potential. Right now there are many open game engines gaining steam or proprietary game development suites that provide ease of use and portability with permissive licenses on top of the newer more popular games that will allow modding that it'll have to compete for attention with.

I also have high hopes but you have to remember that for many people their entry into modding beyond creating simple assets is to have their work known and potentially get a job in the industry or for enjoyment of being part of an active productive community. The dedicated fans who will stick with a 16 year old game are a minority.

I don't doubt that OpenMW and it's surrounding projects will come to fruition, but I've been around long enough to realize that it's not going to get there anytime soon, and as far as competition goes, the strongest is mainly other Elder Scrolls games, while I certainly see that OpenMW can eat up a large portion of those content creators. The way forward is uncertain, and the shadow of TESVI looms on the horizon, but there is a way forward.

The minority of fans have achieved a lot, I can't think of a single other game that has recieved as much love and attention, with the closest being OpenTTD and Doom.

If you want to die then do so.
Announcing it to everyone is just blatant attention seeking.
What you want is attention not death and it seems you got what you wanted.

I live because I'm alive, nothing more and nothing less.
I'm not scared to die but I certainly don't want to die.
You're alive not because of some great purpose or goal but because your parents had sexual intercourse.
There isn't an inherent reason to live because life has no inherent meaning or purpose.
You need to find that yourself and if you can't find one then you're looking in the wrong places.

I'd also add Quake and Half-Life 1, with the latter already having its own "replacement" engine (Xash3D), 1.0 version of which is coming out soon. It has almost full GoldSrc (WON 1.1.1.0) compatibility, with the exception of multiplayer, but that will be fixed with 1.0.

sage for offtopic

pls bully

And you call yourself faithful.

Nah, man. That may have been my dad's thing, but I enjoy NOT contracting corprus when going by red mountain.

Attached: 28d2e55c0a332eef46b48b6c4adf449ca0f9d9ac051127c358ee63f92324b985.jpg (824x1736, 657.75K)

The most impressive mod I've made is one which adds the ability to recruit npcs as slaves or retainers. This is because I took over the Dunmer stronghold of Andasreth in one of my playthroughs, and after getting tired of all the empty space had the idea of making it into my own Outer Heaven in Tamriel. So far I've brought Qorwynn, Abelle Chryditte, and Orero Omothan into my fold, along with some khajiit slaves and mercs to do the chores and guard the place. I also broke the minds of several female dunmer using magic so they could serve as my concubines like I'm the motherfucking Divayth Fyr.
It's a personal mod though, and I'm hesitant to share because it's actually a merged and trimmed version of three different mods that fulfill similar functions and I don't want to get involved with permissions, credits and such. Anyone who wants something like this could easily go through the trouble I did patching them together, and maybe even do it better since I'm honestly bad and forgot to clean my GMST's the first time around.

Attached: Living the Dream.jpg (1293x1636, 1.1M)

If Oblivion came before Morrowind you hipsters would be the other way around.

Is there a mod that you can make to have multiple/permanent summons?

I recently realized you could buff them, but it's dumb to summon a skeleton every 20 seconds

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45448
I came across this recently, it seems cool.

What's wrong, n'wah? Get your ass handed to you by a mudcrab with 5 in your weapon skill and 30 agility? You can tell me, my opinion of you is already as unfavorable as it can get.

Oh right, they have that retarded tag. That's like playing Pathfinder or D&D and making a character that is "canon"

Modded Oblivion and Skyrim have better combat.

Newest interview with our manlet overlord lads, get in here.

interactive.libsyn.com/todd-howard

Yeah, I wouldn't trust every retarded modder to tell me whether they actually made sure their mod stuck to established lore. That's one of those things I'll figure out myself or at least decide whether I actually care or not.

By RPG standards Morrowind's combat is serviceable. By action game standards Oblivion's combat is shit and Skyrim's combat is slightly better than shit.

But Oblivion and Skyrim are much easier to mod to fix the combat than Morrowind. It's the damage sponge ruining the whole combat. Either way, Daggerfall was just a bigger and more primitive Oblivion, complete with the shitty level scaling, I don't understand why so many people love it.

I've never modded Oblivion's combat so you could very well be correct. But Skyrim combat mods I've tried have improved it somewhat but it's still basically the same shit. Most combat mods for Skyrim just amp up damage dealt and make you run out of fatigue after like 3 swings.
This is pretty accurate for the most part I think, although Daggerfall has a fuck ton more content even with the vast amount of the map being empy polygons.

Sounds great.

I played the Elder Scrolls series in this order, Oblivion, Arena,Fallout 3, Daggerfall, Skyrim Morrowind. Why are you even trying.

You can't fix the combat in these games, you can only make it less worse.

Very nice

How is OpenMW looking for a final release now anyway?

Why don't you go back there, fucking polyp

Bullshit, I've always loved Morrowind. Babbies like you just can't handle the combat system.

Attached: morrowind_bingo.png (837x611, 47.4K)

Go back to >>>Holla Forums we're trying to discuss vidya here.

take your fedora elsewhere, no one here wants your shit politics

Attached: 7e15cc51b471ed001836efbf66ef55fdbf07c7f977a4ff4e2451ff1e47904360.png (506x535, 122.67K)

Nerevar was too pure for this world

If by better you mean more casual sure.

Fuck off already you commie shill.

Attached: morrow_wanted.webm (480x360, 1.86M)

why don't you read some bookchin, classcuck?

Attached: b68e17c08b664889e27ef8d0811cf6761b0aa625ba98fb5235d7f70f9204c438.png (480x480, 144.46K)

This is why nobody likes you Holla Forums, you come and shit up unrelated threads with your nonsense.

so does Holla Forums

Pretty clear who started it in this thread lad and it sure as fuck wasn't the user who mentioned Holla Forums in an off-hand remark a hundred posts ago.

Who am I supposed to side with?

Attached: he hates it.gif (400x225, 1.15M)

who tf is they fam?

Ashlanders are given the shaft by the Tribunal because they refused to worship them due to how they fucked over Nerevar to gain the power to be gods.
So yeah they're tribals, but that's how they have to be to survive.

Whoever pays the most.

Both Holla Forums and Holla Forums need to leave.

The game doesn't make this come across very well, but ashlanders are nomadic. That's why they all live in tents. It's easy to take them down, carry them around, and set them back up.

Dunmer are trash as a race and im surprised how so few people realize this.

Attached: 1458614998521.png (551x636, 138.51K)

Why though? Daggerfall is mostly empty space.

The tribunal's power came from the heart, and vivec only went even further beyond when he realized all his god king friends were dead, left the dunmer to go get a pack of cigarettes and never came back
After that everyone went back to worshiping the dumb cunts who don't really give a shit but like to play games with the mortal realm

Because Daggerfall isn't about walking around and looking at things

You sound like a pussy. I don't know why your previous post got so much attention. If you can't handle the grimdark nature of this world maybe you should off yourself.

All the races are niggers

Hi FBI. Looking for another naive kid to entrap?

Except the jews
And ironically the actual niggers

Had to happen sometime.

Why does everything have to be about race? Holla Forums leave

Attached: bbc2d7ac73dd2b25516c0f0544d64affc664e8aa5b8343218b8ea23366dd09c3.png (388x439, 118.03K)

Epic

Holla Forums (or somebody else since Holla Forums is actually dead and only bots) has been baiting all across the board doing their usual Holla Forums vs Holla Forums false-flagging.

How are the bretons, altmer and imperials niggers?

You mean those guys who keep nuking themselves back to the stone age except there's no stone left because they nuked it all back down to sand?
Those guys?

Bretons and Altmer are fucking elves

There was one nuke, and it didn't send them back to the stone age, it just made them move to a better neighborhood

Reminder that Redguards worship a white man as their main deity.

Attached: 4eec5d88a2b7ca95c9f6354371981e1eb206a4cb7388bca7a190df5384686eb5.jpg (255x244, 44.47K)

like in real life

What?

Attached: 1422217697360.jpg (131x239, 12.26K)

They're the descendants of inter-breeding between elves and humans

Yes, but there's so little elf in them, that it's like calling an entire batch of sugar cookies "chocolate", because a single chip got in the dough.

But since it was male elfs fucking human female slaves they retain 99% of their human features.

That's not how genetics work in TES, numbnuts. Any interbreeding simply results in the offspring being the mother's race. The only reason Bretons even have a little bit of mer blood is because there was just so much elf on human slave rape that the rules got somewhat fudged.

This, although every child that's the result of breeding between races retains some of their father's race's attributes, but aesthetically they will always look like the mother.

Its more like 97% mother 3% father.

Nice try, I played Skyrim and Oblivion first and still prefer Morrowind. The games unironically released in descending order in terms of quality, except maybe Arena Daggerfall.

Nah, Holla Forums can stay. They bring fun banter at least, and didn't invite reddit socialist larpers.

It's a much more skewed ratio than that. Otherwise, Bretons would literally be half-elves by this point.

The Holla Forumsack didn't even start that anyway you can see just who was hunting for replies. Mods need to do their damn job and stop this raid already.

It's skewed enough to the point that they're not imperials anymore

Once again torposter makes a fool of himself.

Attached: 6749f4341cc6f3b9a5be462e2747ac00ecf88e95037c5c4e2e30750135fa84e4.jpg (673x1049, 57.19K)

They weren't Imperials in the first place. They were Nedic. Imperials are the result of the Nedes interbreeding with other human slave races of the Ayleids.

Yeah, I saw the Holla Forums shill losing its shit at that guy's post. What do you expect from people who made their own safespace board because they couldn't handle Holla Forums?

Fair enough
Still filled with elf blood

Imperials are a combination of the Nedes and Colovians, which are are the same race and the separation is regional. Only human slaves the AYYYYleids had were Nedes who came from atmora so long ago that they forgot and think they have always been on Tamriel.

Oblivion at least has some interesting and creative quests. Skyrim is irredeemable.

Cry more, liberal.

You sound like you're existentially terrified of confronting your own existence, much less society.

And there's the "edgy" tryhard post I mentioned earlier. So why are YOU alive?

Learn how to read.

What about the porn though?

SFM does that better.

Fair point. Everything EXCEPT the potential for porn mods is irredeemable.

I few interesting quest which weren't really that interesting don't change the fact that everything else is abhorrent.
From the combat being way too floaty which in itself is an achievement for managing to have such horrible combat that even Skyrim's is better.
Sound design horrible.
Visuals are utter crap, worse in the series.
The game is a steaming pile of shit, at least Skyrim sounds good and can be pretty at times.

Attached: 3b302ac49abb560b1ec931aaa585a18b49aab3e40c563b3c20e24241b06cec92.jpg (778x751, 136.37K)

Glad to see 8ch Holla Forums becoming increasingly similar to 4shit Holla Forums with “GB2/pol/“ posting. That shit should be a bannable offense.

Gee, it's almost like Oblivion is a better game in all aspects unless you want porn mods that actually make your dick hard. Toddposting won't help you.

Might save the game honestly. qt 3.14 Argonians tend to do that

Where's that elves of Tamriel image when you need it?

The irony is that the "go back to Holla Forums" shit ends up derailing the thread even more. At least when someone goes "hey this TES race is similar to niggers irl" their post is at least tangentially related to the games.

I can always count on you, bro.

Attached: 06080A7D-8343-4C79-B79D-446287F1B3DE.jpeg (225x350, 50.62K)

Except that they all looked like fucking ass. Also Skyrim has a couple of biomes and Riften and Falkreath area genuinely look great.
Now thats low. In skyrim at least you made some sort of choices whiles in oblivion it was auto, not to mention how busted it was thanks to level scaling.
WHO? FUCKING WHO?????? SHEOGORATH? The only character I remember by name were fucking Martin, Sheogorath and Quill-Weave and thats only because of the slut cat comic. In skyrim i can name cicero, paarthunax, Baalgruf, Irileth ,Ulfric, Tullius and Alduin(but i guess that doesn't count since its like naming a deadra) off the top of my head.

Attached: e857de5ba5c73b29e0705410c6af289a1cb97274df47fcdc3bfad06ccf04f8ae.jpg (3827x1843 86 KB, 11.64M)

Generic brown nature areas

Bite the dust.

What a beautiful cat.

Just looking into its eyes makes me overwhelmed with emotion.

It's in skyrim graphics, so yes, the only thing it could possibly have going for it is unique design

I know it has low quality textures but it still looke way better than any of the other games. Especially the environments.

Attached: a82b1e772d7e88222ded44d24f6d927fba0dec7c47203248a69951abbbcd8130.jpg (640x864, 91.13K)

Yes. Character and composition is more important than fidelity. I'd rather look at a low res, beautiful area than a 4k turd.

That's kinda what base Morrowind had, which is precisely why I fucking love it. So yeah, a community project to add like, I dunno, 100 random little quests (Maybe 200 even) all around mainland Morrowind would be fuckin' awesome.

But "generic" has nothing to do with fidelity, though. Temperate countryside can be absolutely beautiful, even if the setting itself is a bit generic. Something can be typical and still be nice to look at. Skyrim doesn't break any boundaries in terms of setting, and it definitely isn't great at what it does, but that doesn't mean autumn forests aren't pretty.

You actually remember the visuals? I just remember a lot of unrewarding combat and no real writing to speak of

Of course the fidelity is ass, but it's amazing what grass density, a good color palette, and landscaping can do for the game. Meanwhile Skyrim has higher res models and textures, yet fails to look nice since it's mostly brown and dead and the snow areas weren't as good or expansive as they could have been. Install a mod like a flora overhaul or the one that makes skyrim 100% snowy and it actually looks decent though.
Yes, the default level scaling is pretty ass, but the actual classes and skills were more in-depth than Skyrim. Maybe I'm mixing it up with Morrowind, but I'm pretty sure when you leveled you had the ability to give bonus points to certain skills. It's no D&D, given there's no feats and whatnot, but pre-Skyrim TES leveling is superior.
**also Skyrim does level scaling as well, just slightly better*
Easy.
That paranoid elven fuck, Lucien Lachance and the rest of the dark brotherhood, the Adoring Fan, the Grey Prince, the female rape gang that preys on men, those guys who larp as knights, and the Grey Fox.
I may not remember their names, but I remember the characters themselves quite well.

does anyone have the race comparison picture where the're all niggers?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x3176, 1.31M)

Those little nuggets of writing need good writers or they'll be shit
There's plenty of info to work with but a lot of stuff would need to be extrapolated or made up entirely, and could easily lead to the world being filled with fanfiction bullshit
I mean, aside from the fact that it's a mod and therefore is 100% fanfiction to begin with

There was a reason I posted that image. It seem that you are just blindly defending. Serves me right in arguing with a torposter.

Attached: todd rendered in oblivion.gif (250x250, 315.92K)

Not my fault you have a shit oversaturated ENB, Todd. Oblivion is actually a bit muted in comparison to an actual grassy field.

OpenMW will probably not reach 1.0 this year, and the OpenCS needs to reach 1.0 for the project to advance, OpenCS is still a fair bit behind OpenMW though.

bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw/roadmap

You can check the roadmap, lots of features and bugfixes are not fully merged, although some are actually complete and just not merged. 1.0 has roughly the same amount of issues it had when .43 was released too, so it's barely moved in that case, even though major fixes and features are coming through. a developer from OpenCK expressed interest in chaging over to OpenCS, big if true.

Oblivion is shit, we've had this argument before and Skyrim won out, for like the third argument as well, but you aren't arguing which of these is better, you are arguing which of these is the least worse.

Attached: RedMountain Skyrim.png (1920x1080 1.97 MB, 387.26K)

For the mountain to erupt, it had to be a volcano. As the original design wasn’t a volcano, they had to change it. Also, how is Throat of the World supposed to be the tallest mountain in Tamriel when the Red Mountain is clearly taller when you go to Solstheim?

The original design was a volcano, though. Why do you think there's a big, lava-filled crater in the middle of the peak? Where do you think all the foyadas came from?

It went from a green-brown stump to a proper volcanic mountain. You can see Red Mountain but not the Throat because Solstheim is much closer to Red Mountain and because the Velothi mountains are blocking the view to the Throat.

Attached: Tamriel_Solstheim_Marked.png (400x285, 55.78K)

Also I think it's taller standing but not highest elevation. It's like Mt. Everest being the highest elevation wise but Mt. McKinley is the tallest from base to peak. It would totally be like Bethesda to fuck that up but in this case they actually didn't, assuming they are saying this based on elevation anyways.

They probably made it larger than it should be, simply because they wanted to make it look imposing, even though it would be pretty far off from Solstheim.

When they did Mournhold in ESO they "forgot" it was actually a keep inside Almalexia City. They don't even know the lore of the game.

Also is there a mod compilation that is up to date for Morrowind? I'm not autistic enough to follow the S.T.E.P. and always fuck up somewhere.

Attached: 8e493561be27b1fa80cfdd670ad1c1d86cd928aa94322fcc9e0d2a498374f377.jpg (1280x1001, 444.44K)

There is no "up to date" alternative to MGSO if that's what you're asking. Once you realize that shitloads of texture mods don't actually add much to the game you'll just end up downloading the HD vanilla texture pack and move on to gameplay/content mods.

I might as well do that.

Transcription error! TRANSCRIPTION ERROR!

Attached: colonel-sanders-2.jpg (900x750, 65.41K)

No. You have to realize that making mod compilations, and keeping them up-to-date, is a pretty time-consuming task, which is why most people just make guides.

Why do the Imperials own so many forts and even cities directly, if the deal was supposed to be that Morrowind was allowed to be autonomous and their vassal, instead of a centrally governed province?

Attached: spearpolishingintensifies.jpg (1440x900, 157.6K)

They own Ebonheart, Pelagiad, Caldera, Gnisis + Fort Darius. All in Hlaalu territory, except Gnisis which is nominally Redoran owned but colonized mostly by street shitters from Hlaalu territories. The answer is - Hlaalu are sellouts who desperately want the imperial shekels and big white cock. I don't know about Buckmoth, that one is never explained. Wolverine Hall is theirs only because Telvanni are all beta furfags.

Where will VI be set and why is it Hammerfell

KANGS bitching about the Thalmor, who consider themselves racially superior
Sword-singing is the new Shout
Climate/topography is the most different from every prior mainline TES
Lore sets up Hammerfell as being broiled in internal battles as result of Imperials selling it off to keep Thalmor from going full war again

Look at this Redoran fetcher. Look at him and laugh. What will you do next, challenge somebody because you stubbed your toe walking out of your hovel carved out of a spineless bottom-feeder?

S'wits, the lot of you. House Telvanni only wishes to be left to unravel the secrets of the plane(t)s, yet you rabble concern yourselves with who insulted whose wife, which I assume happens often, judging by their resemblance in demeanor and smell to a guar.

Attached: 758694675807658.jpg (1280x720, 245.03K)

gb2/pol/

That, and they have most of the background lore for the race and region already sketched out so it's less work for them
And they're humans so it would still have the widespread appeal furfag/elf races don't, and black humans at that, so diversity points
And deserts are super easy to render compared to forests and shit
And the last Tower is right off the coast, giving a clear and easy climactic world-ending goal for the Thalmor plot
On top of that everyone already loves and would be really into it
So of course that probably fake leak from a while back will be true and it's gonna be fucking high rock because bethesda is retarded and too afraid to do anything that isn't generic and safe

Wasn't the leak Valenwood?

Meh. I don't think they'd wrap up the Thalmor plot in VI. I'd expect them to save it for VII when they go to Alinor.
Valenwood never ever; Bethesda isn't going to make a TES where the cities can move. Think of the glitch potential.

High Rock
That's completely stupid, it's visually way too similar to Skyrim. So it'll totally happen.

So Hlaalu actually aren't at all smart traders and instead traded away long-term profit for short-term profit?
Are they are retarded?

Well, they were controlled by the Cammonna Tong who bargained with a cult of magical cancer cannibals who worshipped a guy who went mad stabbing the heart of a god to get the god-juice out so he could rule the world with a giant fighting robot. That was bound to work out well for everyone.

Weren't you about to go kill yourself? What is up with all this stalling?

During the Red Year they used all their imperial contacts to secure a refugee route into Skyrim and Cyrodiil. They were so much of sellouts that many were executed by Redorans for treason. Yeah, they were a bunch of retarded westaboos. They were just a minor house until the treaty of Armistice. Then they were the only house inviting imperials to be stationed in as many places as possible and allowed humans into their council, that's how easy it was to bribe them. They're the jews of Morrowind, blinded by greed and anything that provides them instant gratification. No wonder they were persecuted across Morrowind in 4th era and the street shitters from Windhelm weren't welcome even on Solstheim.

It would be about perfect & go along with the flavor of the day. Would do terrible as expected and they could blame muh racism. It's like a win win win for them.

Yokuda is basically Wakanda tbh, fam. They should strike while the iron is hot.

Are you an idiot? You do realize that Red Mountain is one of the dungeons in Arena right? It was a volcano all the way back in the original TES.

I am proud of myself for having to look up Wakanda, but yes, this is too perfect.

It's not exactly uncommon, modern politicians do it all the time. See globalisation, outsourcing and importing rapefugees.

Hammerfell is a good bet but I wouldn't put it past them to make some sort of Morrowind nostalgia cashgrab.

You know these kind of fads die in less than a year now?

But that was Dragonborn, also known as the DLC where you *don't* feel like you stepped into a Bioware game.

Attached: 865867754.jpg (1600x900, 186.94K)

That and the fact they trademarked Hammerfell shortly after Skyrim release just like they did after Oblivion.

Dont forget the MMO expansion.

Attached: ce3159321e63bf3b69822d972117b21e24c3f1ee85a87b3636b04fd3de512c71.png (592x681, 329.91K)

If Dawnguard were a standalone game it would easily be my most hated game of all time.

Fuck that expansion. Those cucks didn't even know enough of the Morrowind lore to not fuck up the most basic of things, the capital of Morrowind.

Attached: b81e7ccc5dc7d580e44b10e1143d4f42665e6789d79a22e6839e4209baa36764.jpg (917x640, 53.28K)

You first leftist.

Attached: e08cc2bb19467ba362a8c49d9be7770c4d607e91566bed43a399e0e817c5418c.png (1276x714, 607.13K)

I have no idea what actually happened, as in what the fuck is in it, except that the dumbner in the cinematic didn't actually look like dumbner but just photoshopped humans.

Attached: Yes, sera.jpg (960x960, 176.96K)

When they presented Mournhold as the capital of Morrowind, they were all confused when fans asked where was Almalexia City in which Mournhold is located. It is like the Vatican but those retards thought Mournhold was the capital.

I'm playing through Morrowind for the first time on my new computer. The installation process took a solid two hours thanks to all the mods that I now find essential.

Mournhold is the Imperial name for Almalexia.

Attached: ScreenShot 3.png (298x309, 98.06K)

Thats hilarious. It appears that since many normalfags are even starting to know the lore they probably can't retcon without raising complaints from lore autists.

Attached: 1465359921584.png (514x524, 170.43K)

You use any interesting mods besides graphics mods that you find to be essential that we may not know about?

Fucking N'wahs! get OUT!!

Attached: cdee69cfa0966a16e7d2d364e46d4d43.jpg (720x552 27.62 KB, 82.45K)

(((Hlaalu))) are degenerate scum and a blight on Glorious Resdayn. Crassius Curio is a perfect example. Outlander scum will hang on the Day of the Rope.

Shit taste

Attached: 72850_screenshots_20180308175507_1.jpg (1920x1080, 416.39K)

I once had an idea of a Holla Forums-style board, but purely in the TES world.

I had the same idea. (((Thalmor))) and (((Hlaalu))) are the kikes with Impericucks as their Shabbos Goyim.
BY THE NEREVARARINE RESDAYN WILL TRIUMPH IN THE NAME OF OUR ANCESTORS

Make it.

Do it, nigga!

Is this a memospore reference?

Attached: 2c2e4f18bf1869d8531d475d49505971576742996e7249b8764a8d7f3a692925.png (1811x349, 39.96K)

>>>/tespol/

b-but we already have >>>/tes/

Its dead Jim and its also has Holla Forums vols.

I doubt I can name any mods that this board isn't already aware of.

I think one of the terms was that the Empire will have constant military presence? Even with morrowind being autonomous, it doesn't surprise that empire would want to have the controll of several forts. Wouldn't want the elves get any funny ideas.

I decided to start a new playthrough of Morrowind, I got an urge to play it after finishing Kingdom Cum. Last time I played Morrowind a few years after its release though so I pretty much forgot almost everything about the game, I'm pretty excited since this will almost be like rediscovering everything again. Since I pretty much forgot everything I'm going to stick to vanilla as much as possible, I only downloaded the Code Patch, enabled fixes and a few quality of life things like toggle stealth, also updated fonts and icons.
It's not the first game I revisited years after playing it for the first time and if there's one thing I learned it's that people that use the "nostalgia goggles" argument to shit on "old" games are wrong 99% of the time.

Attached: comforble.jpg (640x559, 32.07K)

I played morrowind for the first time a couple years after skyrim came out, can confirm

If this niggers are great bullshit being pushed on white countries is a fad that ends in less than a year I will personally give you $20,000 dollars. I would make it a stupidly high number but I will give you a number that is actually possible, even if it makes me poor, because of how badly I hope you are right.

I hope you got the mods to fix the expansion starts.

I recently beat this game, and it was so much fun. I'm so happy I went back and gave it a shot. I played a custom Redguard warrior, and actually made a few threads on Holla Forums about it.
I've recently started Oblivion now. The setting is shit compared to Morrowind, but I appreciate the ton of little quality-of-life adjustments.

The whole "we wuz kangz" historical revisionism thing has lasted way too long to be a fad.

Do you think Todd knows about Toddposting?

Attached: animu todd.png (704x900, 379.84K)

Todd is the original Toddposter, you ignoramus.

Attached: notodd.png (490x515, 74.19K)

Azura is my Daedrafu. Her shrine is comfy as fuck.

Attached: screenshot004.png (1920x1080 1.46 MB, 1.59M)