L4D

been playing some modded Left 4 Dead 2 and I'm surprised with how much fun I'm having. Just finished the splash mountain maps and I'm wondering, do we have a list of worthwhile mods and maps? I've been sort of downloading at random but it would be nice to have some recommendations.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x800 1.29 MB, 798.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=126628847
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176107716
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=387588541
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121157156
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381451006
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=157016556
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316053033
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121116980
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=157374475
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=578030460
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=121069410
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148094074
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835056747
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240244116
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743616125
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400952970
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268611103
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320299889
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=256951841
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678780411
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237752067
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144895676
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173558747
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=896078877
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1154641830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only mod you'll ever need is webm related.

Attached: bazinga.webm (640x360, 6.93M)

Checked. Also that's horrifying.

gets me every time

Silent Hill is one of the best maps you can play.
Something like 8-10 maps long (and they're at least as long as your average L4D level), featuring puzzles, the occasional jump scare, great atmosphere, great challenge. A little mazelike at times but otherwise top tier.
My main problem with L4D is the 'progression' in the game. You can pick your upgraded gun up as early as the second level and carry it all the way to the finale. One of the things the Silent Hill game does is stagger that progression, you only get pistols for the entire first level and you don't really see upgraded guns until the fourth or so?

Why did they have to make Rochelle so damn ugly?

It's true that she's ugly. I just replace her with whatever I can find on the workshop, Like a DOA character or Juliet Starling.

She's black.

Attached: 1414643977016.jpg (400x400, 95.88K)

Is the community welcoming to shitty players or will I get kicked in every game I get in

Nice, I had that one downloaded and was going to tackle it after I did “the Hive”. Might try running through it single player first so I don’t feel rushed.

Juliet is my go to replacement for her as well.

If you’re playing on the easier difficulty nobody is going to get shitty at you for sucking, but I think it’s at its best on the hardest difficulty.

Either way nobody really talks a lot.

yes, and its source so expect those same people who are calling you shit to be hacking as well.

left4dead or fantasy left4dead

?

He means Vermintide, that game where you're expected to attack enemies with melee weapons in first person.

People either don't play fanmade maps or the maps have some retard tier modifications:

You sure some of those aren't server mods?

I personally like the 'Build A' maps. Some of them just get too elaborate.

I’ve been playing both and having a really good time. When I get a little burnt out on one I’ll switch over. They both offer very different things. It’ll be nice if the modding tools for Vermintide 2 are as loose as Left 4 Dead’s.

Pisses me off all to hell, Zoey's portions aren't accurate at all to her real model and Rochelle looks nothing like the real one. I really hate fan art that does this.

Why wouldn't I just play Hexen then?

They're called niggers, user

I personally preferred playing Silent Hill with the original Left 4 Dead as I kinda like the infinite shoving and lack of shit like incendiary rounds and defibrillators. Plus I seem to through the campaign at a faster pace than I do with the L4D 2 port.

Also I recommend Night Terror it's another custom map ported from the first game but it plays pretty well in L4D 2.
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=126628847

Attached: 1514758974678.jpg (1024x577, 66.87K)

L4D2 made everything worse. I agree with you wholeheartedly

I like how it took them eight years to disable sv_pure being on by default

I haven't played this in a while. Dumped another 40 hours in the past 2 weeks. I've also been having some mod fun. Mostly resident evil stuff, and silly stuff.

Attached: 20180314230826_1.jpg (1920x1080 713.89 KB, 528.1K)

The Crash Bandicoot map is pretty fun.

Gives me a giggle every time I play it with unsuspecting players.

This reminds me of the Crack mod for Half Life 1.
I still laugh at the doors yelling "This is Sparta"

You know how there are a total of 3 niggers in the l4d games?
Guess which one of them is the closest to a real life nigger.

It’s probably due to the lack of specials you have to look out for. Both games are practically the same in terms of speed but there are more enemies in the second game who slow you down if not shot quick. Personally I like the variety in specials the second game added.

My main issue with the specials in the second game is the lack of counter play. The original game was about watching each others back, staying close but loose, keeping moving and if you were good enough you could stop them before their effect hits.
But the Jockey has such a fucked up hitbox and the Charger has so much life that an individual has a hard time dealing with them, and once they're on you its hard to get them off you for the same reasons. Likewise the Spitter can shoot from so far away and doesn't stand still after they succeed.
The original mobs were about working against team strategy. The new mobs overruled it.

L4D3 never fucking ever
You know that would sell hard as hell too, and the universes lore is interesting enough to want to expand on
Hopefully with them getting back into games this means that someday they'll actually drop the stupid meme and make a 3

Attached: sad pixel bear.png (611x427, 9.99K)

Custom Killing Floor servers are pretty good too

Start linking some good campaigns in here,i need some shit to download

True that.

Valve's trilogies only go up to 2.

Attached: 2knives.jpg (610x458, 74.72K)

Splash Mountain
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176107716
the Hive
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=387588541
Bloodproof
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121157156
Haunted Forest
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=381451006
Blackout Basement
Beldurra
Devil Mountain
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316053033
Diescraper
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121116980
Fall in Death
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=157374475
Loony Park
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=578030460
I Hate Mountains
steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=121069410

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (900x846, 1.03M)

then just get the various recreation maps of old games you like.
ie:Doom, Silent Hill, RE 1-4, etc

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (747x475, 522.03K)

Wasn't there a comic they released shortly before they put The Sacrifice up? I recall liking some parts of it to some extent. I think there was that scene with the pov of an infected soldier who was seeing the main characters as demons before he turned. Imagine if infected mode was like that, where you saw the main characters as evil hellspawn and the other infected as normal people trying to fight them off.

L4D2's cast sucks, prove me wrong. Valve was too afraid to give half the cast any personality because they were too timid about offending anyone and outright removed voice lines that would add actual character to the worst characters in the game.

That was a damned good comic. The best worst part was the tragic backstory of Zoe and her dad.

L4D1 got me back into gaming for awhile after begin away from it mostly since 2004 or so. I had some local friends that played for years and we would play against good teams every night and it was just so much fun. I miss those early days. I too agree L4D2 ruined the balance. I've always enjoyed L4D1 versus more.

Would any of you faggots play on a custom server if I set one up. Anything in particular you'd like to see in the config? Do y'all play mostly versus or co-op? I mostly play co-op with randoms these days since I don't play as often anymore. I still enjoy versus it's just hard to find a good group without spending hours finding people or attempting to join games where I know I'm going to cause my team to get stomped. I know almost none of the meta on the L4D2 maps in versus and I don't see many folks that play L4D1 versus anymore. I used to know of a few good servers but they're either dead or gone now.

It they're interest I'll set-up a server on a spare VPS I had. I played a few games on it last month and the ping was okay on the east coast. I think the server itself is located on the west coast.

Attached: 25391d3e662af6a7305667e7acb0f216.jpg (736x601, 62.15K)

*have
Also, I'll agree hours do not reflect skill. I know plenty of folks on PC that have few hours because they played on Xbox for so long before switching over. The 360 L4D1 community was really strong/good for a long time after valve stopped patching the game. When the dedicated servers finally went offline for good and we were forced to start playing on local hosts a lot of people switched. It was awful, the host would suffer from massive lag when the other team spawned and almost everyone else was playing with red bars. L4D1 on xbox is a wasteland now, I looked about 4 months ago and everyone I matched up with was from India or Mexico. There were a few poorfags still playing pugs but it was hard to get into one and the local host problems were as bad as ever. It's a damn shame. I'd love to get some type of cross platform play going between 360 and PC players. Some folks were playing with kb/mouse set-ups on 360 back in the day. I tried one and it worked really well if you hacked the save file so allow for sensitivity settings that were sane.

I tend to agree but in a somewhat different way. Yeah the Jockey has a fucked up hitbox and can be hard to get off players. But most of the time, especially in versus against a competent team, he's completely useless. Jockey can make the campaign too easy by taking up a special infected spawn that could be used by a bigger dealer like a Hunter.
Charger is annoying for both survivor and infected players. On higher difficulties the Charger doesn't bother charging because the AI knows just slapping the survivors does more damage. So it effectively becomes a mini-tank that'll down one player before dying. For the infected player, if your ping is over 140, you'll never hit anything with a charge.
Spitter I'd argue is OP because if you're good you can hide out of bounds and use the fact that the spit will drop straight down after a certain distance and deal damage without dying. Although I'll admit I did enjoy watching survivors hug the boundary fences trying to shoot me out because they're so tired of that one fucking spitter that won't die

LOL! DANK MEME XDD!

The worst offense is they removed lines after-the-fact. Coach NEVER says his famous line about the zombie wearing armor anymore. Their final actual content and balance patch from 2013 seemed like it was intended to suck as much personality out of the game as possible to get people to stop playing it. And move onto CS:GO or Dota 2 where they could milk you super hard

I miss when you could actually get fun games from matchmaking. Now it's all tryhards, script kiddies or dedicated servers with names like "Hentai Rape!", "Lewd Gamers" or they're modded so far away from vanilla that I can't be bothered to give a shit.

I have L4D on Steam, I'm up for playing but keep in mind I'm not really good at it.

Can't. No idea why Valve fucked it up so much. I barely play any L4D2 campaigns because of the cast.

The best of shit,thanks

What line was that? It's been years since i played L4D2 so I can't remember shit. What else did they remove or change?

Same here, I could play but its been a veeeery long time.

I'd be down,i have only l4d2 installed though

As if that was worse than Francis's I HATE EVERYTHING joke.

Attached: codbc.jpg (475x545, 58.94K)

Look at the replies user, you know what you must do.

Attached: 87b8f325d840d87a99a392c1f5aa8443ee48f760c586e1e587b5d6ca6d47d9bc.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

Body armor in the game would be legit cool.

Shiny and chrome,he shall ride eternal.

There's actually a mod that reskins him to have armor. You can live the dream.

I've been trying to find a game to play with friends in for a while. Maybe I'll DL some Lbed. I'm floating around /Radcorp/ right now to see if there's something that tickles my fancy.

You should use L4D2

It contains all of L4D characters and content packed into it. It's almost as if L4D2 was a glorified DLC pack.

You got a link to said mod?

I'll see about getting a server set-up tomorrow. I gotta ask again though, do you anons prefer versus, co-op, and if so what configs? I don't plan on putting in any of that "buy upgrades with points" or "10vs10" bullshit.

Also, I've been wanting to make a map for this game for a long time. Would also like to do a config/mod for L4D2 to emulate L4D1 versus. I know there are some out there but no one seems to play them.

That's exactly what it is, L4D2 was rushed bullshit to get the normalfag money. They did change a ton of things that made versus feel totally different though. It isn't just the new SI, it's the scoring system, the way guns spawn, the addition of retarded melee weapons with no cool-down timer, the rushed maps with buildings everywhere that you can't climb/get on the roofs of. I could go on and on about what they've fucked up. _Most_ of the problems could be fixed with simple custom match options like:

Could go on and on here. Imagine L4D2 with custom match options supported on Valve servers. That way everyone could play by whatever rules they wanted and the community wouldn't have split when L4D2 was released. L4D2 should have been release though, at least not so soon. Especially after they promised they would support L4D1 with DLC for years.

I was going to say, there isn’t a lot of point to go back to L4D1 now considering it’s all in L4D2 aside from 1 map if I’m not mistaken, and if you really wanted to go back to that balancing I’m sure there’s a workshop mod to do it.

It'll be on L4D2 since most people have that around here. Quick question for you guys: I have a VPS already but I'm probably just going to get another one for this game server. I'm an oldfag that hasn't kept up so:
I saw a couple of places awhile back but I was wondering where anons were getting there servers now a days. Also, should I get a mumble server set-up for us or do you guys prefer game chat? I don't use disagreement because it's pozware so please don't suggest that we go there.

Attached: smugfrog.png (418x380, 168.21K)

Sorry for double post, I'll have it set-up by tomorrow. Leave suggestions for maps y'all want in rotation. I'll post IP once everything is set-up

Why would they remove a comment about wanting armour?
Is there some burgerland racist hang-up I'm missing here?

Attached: confused.gif (426x213, 3.68M)

It's a source game… On steam…which (as you should know) has what is known as the steam workshop. Steam workshop, of course, is a place that collects and categorizes mods. This being the case, one might assume such a mod, if it did exist would persist in that domain. This would further preclude one to wonder how to find such unique mod amongst so many. Well, don't worry continue reading and I'll elaborate further.

This workshop actually has a search bar that allows you to search for specific mods. Recall, the specific mod you were looking for and consider What keywords should I use?. That being the case, you're probably going to want to utilize the keywords "Coach" and "Armor" or some combination thereof. Now, before you begin you must also consider that if you're still reading this, you're probably retarded.

Probably.

Attached: sexeh goat woman.jpg (524x384, 26.1K)

Oh you.

What's the one map not included? Also, double dubs kill count and silliness.

Attached: 20180302200135_1.jpg (1920x1080 375.16 KB, 47.32K)

Lemme just say the other problem with the new specials…
Try instant killing an opponent with a Hunter, Smoker or Boomer compared to the Charger or Jockey. Just too many easy opportunities.

I do not remember the game doing this before, what there some kind of an update that fucked the game up?

When it rains it pours. I think they might have tried to emulate actual players since that's what PVP is like. At least good infected players will work as a team and will usually cooperate to fuck up the survivors. If you have 3 incap type infected you can almost wipe a group in one go if you're real good and the map has a good spot for you.

Attached: coach.gif (700x700, 38.91K)

He was a good man.

Attached: feels_bar.jpg (600x600, 39.97K)

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148094074

Also: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835056747

(checked)
I-it's beautiful!

Attached: Genuine Human Emotion.webm (640x360, 166.86K)

But how did he get away with it?

Attached: coolest monkey in the zoo.jpg (697x577, 144.71K)

Post more.

hmm,i wonder why THAT is.

What? This line is still in the game, I don't know what the hell you are talking about

L4D1 is dogshit. It's just a dumb railshooter that gets taken too serious by a small crowd of people. The characters are the blandest, particularly the popular Zoey. But shooting endless hordes of zombies is fun…

L4D2 is superior because it expands on the unrealistic fun, particularly in the Dark Carnival campaign which features the protagonists running over a roller coaster while chased by zombies. In the Swamp Fever campaign there's a part where lowering a plank magically causes hordes of zombies to run your way. There is no debate that this game is retarded. But it's funny as fuck, same reason why some of the best custom campaigns have horrible troll parts in them. Because it's funny (try Military Industrial Complex which is full of troll parts) That's not to say L4D1 is bad, particularly the last map of Blood Harvest has a great horror feel. But I don't think the more serious approach works and the characters in L4D2 are just more colorful, especially when you learn to use addons like VOX. For replay value the game would only be half as fun without spamming obscenities as Nick or utilizing Coach's dumb screams to annoy, amuse or bewilder your team mates.

I know the L4D1 fans felt betrayed that their beloved horror shooter was turned into something that was basically a parody of its former self. But in my opinion it brought out the best of its abilities. And add that the game never had much DLC apart from a few extra campaigns (of which only Cold Stream is controversial, and The Sacrifice is probably the greatest) I like it. There is no overkill of weapons, it's very easy to learn and there's still people playing it. Just start on advanced, then move to expert once you know the maps and once you're not a dumbfuck who accidentally shoots his teammates all the time because it does considerable more damage on expert than on the other levels, again hinting that the game is actually for dumbfucks. And after that try playing it on expert with realism enabled. The absence of realism is the final nail in the coffin of L4D1 for me and I don't understand why fanboys don't just go play realism instead of bitching about how L4D2 is easier.

The only thing L4D1 has in favor of it is a grittier look and you have to conserve ammo a little more which adds to its survivor feel. But no ragdoll physics during explosions is a heavy minus on the looks for me and conserving ammo generally isn't such a big deal in L4D1. In fact due to the game's dumb nature it's much more fun to just spray away with hardly any recoil. L4D2 is the definite winner unless you actually want to take this essentially shitty game seriously.

????
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240244116

I'm up for some games anons. Going to play for awhile tonight. Haven't gotten around to setting up the server yet. I'll get on it ASAP.

Would have been a better series if it was all hot college girls and it had clothing damage

Attached: a97684291c44fc45df6c205cee7f8450.gif (800x758, 1.75M)

There's like no decent lewds of the series,is there?

Barely any; the overwhelming majority is incredibly low effort sfm shite

Attached: 2f2bbf819f8b309f58cff132f0aa149b.jpg (1033x1462, 245.82K)

Attached: 1417840317432.gif (390x357, 2.95M)

I'm sorry i offended you with a word,faggot.

Lets do some coop at first, and it we get a good amount of fags, then bust out the vs.

Speak proper English you mongoloid fuck.

Attached: 1e86368ae07e1ebf6976b8edff086fdf98cb364541b86f2421d79dc3e1af7eb6.png (495x412, 243.34K)

Just like, chill out man

t. triggered britbong

For anons that prefer L4D1 over 2, these might ease the pain:

Left 4 Dead 1 Complete:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=743616125

L4D1 Animations - Pump Shotgun:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400952970

[HD] L4D1 Shotgun (Anim Set #2):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=268611103

Left 4 Dead 1 pistols - valve animations:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320299889

Attached: WTF GMod Huh.jpg (524x393, 222.81K)

this is one of the circles of hell

Man, I've been playing a ton this week with some friends who were about to buy earthfall but thankfully I convinced them to get back into L4D instead. I gotta say, I just love how this game gets the speed and feel of an old shooter just right. The difficulty comes from accuracy in your shots, quick reaction time, and the variety of enemies thrown at you. It's so nice.

I mean, I've got some fun or silly mods I can share, but I think those are all my maps.

anti-riot
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=256951841
ebony and ivory(complete with DMC sound)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678780411
NOT THE BEES!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237752067
Chris Chan Boomer
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144895676
MY LEG (pipebomb explosion)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173558747
Aftermath Skins
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=896078877
Arcade Game Modes(from the JP version)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1154641830

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (400x220, 168.22K)

The resident evil mods are pretty great if you like the games.

Attached: re2a20002.jpg (1024x768 106.13 KB, 132.54K)

Kill yourself.

I like them all except for Rochelle, and not even because she’s an ugly boon, but because her personality is so bland compared to the others.

Can we have a L4D2 gamenight on a big server?

Id be up for it, but im a scrub.

Gotta agree. Pretty much everyone, including normalfags have this opinion. also the fact that she's an ugly boon doesn't help. Coach seems much more respectable than her on appearances alone.

Don't look at the second image either then.

They certainly are.

Attached: 20180315151113_1.jpg (1920x1080 147.53 KB, 386.51K)

Great I guess I'm never playing any Resident Evil levels on l4d2.

Attached: had enough of your fucking shit.gif (250x190, 1.99M)

I'm up for this as well. If you guys would leave a way to contact you I'd like to get together and play some games. I'm always around after 5PM EDT

Are you downloading it from the steam workshop?

Attached: 2dktg9.png (586x373, 348.73K)

No.
I try to join other people's games and those ones have the link to the gamemaps version.
Are you suggesting maybe it's reporting the website despite not being the version from it?

Attached: gaben (5).jpg (636x345, 45.69K)

I'm up for playing, add me
/id/Ghost10RSN/
I'm on UTC -3 so we shouldn't have much problem

Warcelona is pretty fucking fantastic. As is 'i hate mountains 3' if memory serves;

I tried warcelona today, is it normal that so many special infected spawn?
I felt like i was fighting a hunter or a spitter every floor.

i think so, it certainly makes the name fit and makes for a very hectic multiplayer like your first hard mode no mercy runs back in the day

I played with bots because my friends dont want to play anymore and was constantly mad at dying in stupid ways.

You should still do it tho tbh.

is Blood and Bacon a meme game or is it actually any fun? The 99 cent price point is tempting.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (460x215, 213.03K)

He's holding that shotgun like a fucking idiot.

That’s part of the joke

It's meme tier, but fun. It's like if L4D was in Sven Coop.