New great age of vidya?

Are we at the beginning of the next golden age of vidya? What games are you looking forward to?

Attached: the-golden-age.jpg (480x290, 24.02K)

Attached: normalfag.jpg (411x387, 53.58K)

Certianly not a golden age, but there's a surprising amount of not shit.

Can you list those games? Only ones I care about are Ace Combat 7 and Metal Max Xeno. Also ASSFAGGOTS, pubg tier games, and companies turning profits off of microtransactions still exist.

2017 was the best year since 2004 in my opinion, and for this year Kingdom Hearts 3, Phoenix Point, Two Point Hospital, BattleTech, Frozen Synapse 2, Frostpunk, Octopath Traveler, Wargroove, Metro Exodus and Griftlands all have me real pumped.

See above for 2018 stuff, also I'll take Battle Royale shit over the 'cinematic' era any day. At least those games are actually focused on the game as a game.

I'm happy Monster Hunter World sold so exceptionally well, because it goes to prove how game with free DLC is sustainable as long as the game is good (and advertised enough).
Sure it's an easy game that ruins armor and weapon customization and trivializes a bunch of aspects of a Monster Hunter game, and might be the end of the franchise as we loved it, but still!

Attached: b0fef71c955c6ed4457947500a82552ca7812c09cf970f6fbe9294d0c1e0f5eb.png (605x852, 728.21K)

No
There aren't any good games

cept the whole "copy fotm" shit leaves decent IPs fucking dead or worse.

>>>Holla Forums

There's not nearly enough gameplay footage to get me interested in this. I want to have faith in Gollop but this reeks of "washed out gamedev trying to recapture his moment of glory".
You mean DiversityTech, right? It's made by the MWO devs so I have very very little hope for it
I didn't know they were making a sequel. Might be cool.
Bannerlord is the only game I'm looking forward to. Chances are it'll have Denuvo though which puts a sour taste in my mouth, but if the turkroaches want me to pirate then it can't be helped.

Attached: Extreme Disgust.jpg (400x400, 88.96K)

Not even close
This is the Dark Age after the fall of Rome in 2007 and mediocrity is still selling extremely well.

The only game that could excite me would be Gravity Daze 3 but it won't happen. It's not so bad though since I still have nearly the entire backlog of the previous generations.

No they aren't you fucking idiot
MechWarrior 5 is

Because Harebrained are somehow better?

Just because a few good games are out doesn't mean we're hitting peak levels like 4th and 5th gens

Attached: peachs-castle.png (945x1080, 1.07M)

They showed talent with their improvements for Shadowrun Hong Kong

2018 is the new golden age of vidya? Gave me a chuckle.

Attached: nugames.png (1469x1067, 848.3K)

Don't worry user DMC5 is going to get announced this year and it's going to be the greatest video game of all time.

Attached: Itsuno (This year, for real this time)

I'll give you a list of upcoming games I'm optimistic about though

Attached: DX2hPBgVAAAgSUE.jpg (1200x1200, 168.04K)

When did I ever imply that?

Dragons Dogma 2 with Deep Down assets.
DMC 5 is not happening
Deep down you know it's true.

If I had to pick the definitive "Golden Age" of video games, it would no doubt be the decade from 1990 to 2000. That decade started with the rise of the 16-bit consoles which gave us the games most people think of today when they think "video games!" and ended with the highest rated video games of all time, Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Half-Life 1, Quake 1 to 3, Unreal Tournament.etc
We will never encounter another era like the transition era from 2D to 3D again in terms of experimentation. The Nintendo 64 was practically Nintendos "Sgt. Peppers" in terms of experimentation and critical success

Attached: 6764483.jpg (691x597, 21.57K)

user your lying to yourself, I hope you get Dragons Dogma 2 someday, but it's not going to happen this time.

Attached: DMC tradition.png (2280x1024, 1.66M)

Have they? It's been a while since I've played HK but what I remember is

They won't let those Deep Down assets go to waste user and I'm sure CapCom is itching to recycle those Monster Hunter animations.

It's going to be Dragons Dogma 2
I know it feels like it's going to be DMC but everything is pointing towards a new DD.

Attached: Vergil Just the opposite actually.JPG (650x566, 40.44K)

More of the same
MH World was wildy successful
If they marketed Dragons Dogma as being similar and on the right timeframe, they would rake in plenty of cash.
You're right about the HD collectionthough, but I don't know, while the timing is certainly right they also did Okami and Megaman recently.

TFW were both wrong and it's Rival Schools 3

Attached: rival schools 2 (1)

Fucking please. we're living in the bronze age at the very least.

I want to play as Tiffany on Monster Hunter World
and it wouldn't even be the most out of place thing

Attached: 3b8104869250bb292218bd86d8485e5a.png (580x701, 473.78K)

Agreed, currently in the bronze. Hopeful for silver but that will depend on corps not to continuously fuck up. The recent failures of big games that were virtue signaling to non gamers/non consumers is a good sign a large chunk of the gaming population is not going to buy shit anymore, forcing the dumb fucks to change or bust. Golden Age is far away still, need lots of innovation and quality like the mid 90's. With tech making gains, I want VR to succeed, and things need to get more lewd.

Wanting Kingdom Hearts 3…
Supervised by feminist and nigger-loving kikes at Disney, made by current Square-Enix.
Hype is, indeed, a mental illness.

Shame there's no chance that's coming out this year

>>>/cuckchan/

thank god

G*d bl*ss the jew

Imagine being offended by the word "fag" so you decide to invent something else.

Its way too early to call it a golden age. This is just recovering from the damage of 2007-2016. If the trend of actually good games with passion behind them being successful continues then maybe. But back in the golden age everyone was making amazing games from AAA companies, to AA to even indie and things were a lot more of an even playing field and more importantly a lot less centralized

There a few games I want. Wargroove should be good.

The game being just a glorified lootbox and microtransaction delivery system

What the fuck are you smoking? They are literally selling you "premium" emotes

It has been vaporware for a while but it showed activity this year.

2017 was shit, with good games being rare and far between. It was better than, say, 2014, but we're still far from pre-2007 levels. Just because the situation is improving doesn't mean we're in a golden age. Rather, we are at the end of a drought

But why are game protagonists are starting to resemble horrible monsters

Attached: DARKEST DUNGEON.mp4 (1280x720, 5.42M)

We need an asteroid impact though.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1200x1200, 73.25K)

It will be a golden age once loot boxes and DLCs don't even exist.

Attached: guy-thinking-thumb.jpg (215x206, 6.89K)

And with that you only prove that quantity isn't quality.
Shittons of trash and mediocrity there and the actual good ones don't even come close to the content that popped up in the 90s.

Attached: Anon.png (510x546, 31.98K)

Which

I actually really didn't enjoy Little Nightmares or Ruiner, but otherwise yeah, 2017 was the most densely packed year of quality releases I've seen in a long time. You're also forgetting the number of re-releases and fan projects as well, may as well summon current year user to remind everyone.

Corporate suits and devs want to push the lie of a "golden age coming" to try to regain the consumers' trust.
As all industries that let corruption run rampant, video games are starting to lose their consumers in a rapid way, and with the information circulating about it's anti-consumer practice, this trust can never be regained.
Thus, the industry is all out on their fallacy of "Bad times are gone, fellow gamers. Good games had come, right? Give us your money."
There is no golden age of gaming as of now, and there will never be another age of consumers trusting game companies. This industry dropped the ball hard, and will never recover from it.

Did you seriously fucking name this one?
And a remaster? Why?

Don't, please

Attached: The_Boiz.png (408x500, 101.28K)

Nigger you just fucking listed Horizon Zero Dawn and NuPrey besides a shitton of trash and mediocrity like Dishonored 2 and BOTW

They've been working on it for 3 years now user
I want to believe

Attached: Rec list 2017.jpg (2480x6020, 8.61M)

That's not the final version of the list.

AGDG. Fuck giving my hobby over to the cultural marxists.

Attached: dc97ec06dc3d2421abb3ed25e66256261f2b461a74947819c8b29fc832309441.jpg (1200x1650, 387.56K)

Would you mind posting the final version then?

Golden Age of Vidya only starts when Corporate Fuckers, Propaganda Niggers and Indie Shitters change their focus from Vidya to something else.

Attached: giveupalready.jpg (208x362, 69.88K)

Next you'll tell me the grav tunnel sections are great and that the game is well balanced.

Also you posted a list that says Matterfall was good. You high?

It's no golden age but it's getting better than 2012-2016, that's for fucking certain

Attached: 2bec15c44b4ebf28350f1dc930ce8354103a121d67655931969b218fa93c45b9.jpg (3024x4032, 1.33M)

The list has always been a subjective hodgepodge of games recommended by anons.
Not really a list saying they're good, as a matter of fact the user who makes the list has never played half of them.

You mean better than 2008-2016

Compare that list to 2001 games and tell me with a straight we're on a fucking golden age.
I'm not autistic enough to start pointing out every single mediocre game on that list like RE7 and Nioh.

Final Fantasy XV took 10 years to be made.
It sucked.
Always kill the hype and never have hope for products from this industry.

Or are killed. Which will be way faster.

was there another of those threads and i missed it?again?

Attached: 1463138182231.png (713x504, 212.89K)

Attached: shiggeru.jpg (225x225, 5.45K)

Attached: Sami Shiggy mp5.png (479x479, 170.98K)

Isnt it being developed by relic?
If so, it will be as shit as DoW3.

Why not?
The whole reason why its happening its because REmake and zero HD sold really, really well.

Agreed.

How do we kill the hollywood effect on videogames, lads?

Yes
If they learned anything with their massive financial failure it won't

By killing Hollywood and nuking Sweden

What about the filename, you double nigger?

normalfag

nor­mie

I am hopeful that AA gayming continues to make a return, THQ Nordic has been making some alright decisions.
Darksiders 3 will probably suck but Biomutant might be fun, aside from that maybe they will unfuck Saints Row.
I am also curious what they have planned for Jagged Alliance, honestly it can't be worse than we had thus far since JA2 but then again it's been proven time and time again than "ragtag group of B-movie mercs from all around the world with tons of guns and turn based combat" is hard to achieve for modern devs.
Aside from that, there Bonerlord which I am cautiously optimistic about and which will definitely, definitely release this year :^).

Attached: evil birb.jpg (480x696, 80.83K)

Yeah there was some decent shit released, but nooot really a great deal of it. Probably 10-15 max.
Yakuza 6 comes out next month. Id mention Soul Calibur VI if i knew itd have Chronicles of the Sword and original movesets and dropped Geralt, but chances are none of those are happening. Theres really not anything coming out this year.
This is yet another cross your fingers and knock on wood deal.
The few 'expansion sized' DLCs ive dealt with have been particularly small and rely on grinding to simulate content. Expansion has simply become synonymous with DLC.
Also a cross your fingers and knock on wood deal. Lots of what comes out from no name devs is garbage that gets lost in the mounds of other no name cheap garbage.

Since when did DLC become acceptable here, faggot? The practice of paid DLC has always been them selling you an incomplete game at full price and then selling you the remaining parts as DLC. Just because microtransactions and lootboxes are worse in comparison doesn't mean you have to accept that which is unacceptable to a slightly lesser extent.

It was before Holla Forums was a single thought rattling around in a cripple's skull, back when 4chan's community became overrun with children and normalfags. Back when we stopped mocking and jeering these people, and they overwhelmed and outnumbered us. Back when "rules 1 & 2" became a joke and we allowed people to make retarded "hurr this isn't your secret club" jokes. Pinpoint it wherever you want, the most likely catalysts were exploding vans and chanology, but this happened a long time ago.

I've been fighting these faggots for years, and I'll never stop until the day I die, but you should know that it's already lost. The industry apologists won a long time ago, and running to first to /vr/ and then to here did absolutely nothing. The first thing you need to accept is that even places like this have been in this state for at least a decade, and go from there.

Attached: fanbase.jpg (4040x626, 387.28K)

TF2 should be in both categories, fag

Attached: Immunity Cat.jpg (258x960, 43.87K)

It is, you blind negro.

We're talking about expansions. So do you shit on Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors, and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, or are those exempt simply because they were physically released?

That's some reddit-tier unfunny bullshit, user. leddit cancer is the only reason you wouldn't instead post the zyzz one.

More of an age of slightly less shit but it's an improvement I guess.

I'm looking forward to death.

Attached: 6d1acff201c96f3917d3712eea45c028e961b5e67ea74555461b34861f6c72ea.jpg (640x455, 65.08K)

You know, fuck right off ok?
I never played a game that had less substance than that shit.
If anyone thinks of buying that shit - just play the demo, alright. Have your fun for 30 minutes and then forget this piece of shit.

Attached: 25f521eba74e294157294343848b71973759ce73dd1a89e144c1300c95bb5a79.jpg (1000x1510, 246.66K)

I liked the decking in HK more than the classic games to be honest.
At the very least, I liked the minigame parts and some of the sneaking about, also that every IC built a trace by itself, as opposed to the trace being basically a countdown for how many turns you can be in the matrix (which is pointless because I doubt anyone ever maxed out that, ever).

why they do this

Attached: 946421fd2737c8805d5eb41e6d9cdad0940922463c7ef38f8fc8df415e9811d5.png (656x755, 38.81K)

You see this?
This is the result of a decade of the industry pushing for lower standards. Assuming you weren't born in the 00's and just don't know better, it's only logical the results of millions of dollars in advertising and social engineering would get you to accept that trash.

Attached: e39b66fba1ad5cdeaeb24f99eb627a93e83c2ece655bfdcfe0ddca3161fe0048.png (516x624, 442.6K)

Back to Facebook, faggot.

And take your facebook frog back with you.

Was the person who made that image serious, or just bored and in the mood to shitpost?

Imagine being a leftist and being so offended by so many of the words in your language that you start making up imaginary new words and concepts to protect your feelings from reality.

>>>/out/

Just like, play video game

It's weird how you guys play a game, then finish it, then stick it on the "played it" pile these days.

Kind of like people who watched movies back in the day.

Attached: Picture-003-960x720.jpg (960x720, 215.58K)

No and Ace Combat 7.

what kind of massive casual do you have to be to be to not see any value in the game outside of its open world superhero genre aspect? is that all you want out of games?

Movies are almost always entertaining - bad movies have hilariously bad things to talk about, good movies are enjoyable in other ways, like scenery or depth. Bad games are just shit all over and good games are hardly any better. Death cannot come soon enough.

Attached: 3e5c479dc5fe2034b1eeaae6076e17312545d61fdaed446345bf6f1cae82e6a7.jpg (511x788, 154.29K)

full ver

See, a bad movie will end eventually, and you don't even have to pay any attention to it. Even if you are determined to see the whole thing though, you can just let your attention wander. For bad games, you actually need to put some effort in to finish them, which is often more effort than the game is really worth.

Attached: recs 2017.jpg (2480x7020, 4.39M)

I'm hopeful for the sequel, at least. If the jump from The Surge to it is as great as the jump from Lord of the Fallen to The Surge, it'll be a GOTY contender.

2017's been a great year and 2018 looks like it's keeping things up. The only people who are unhappy about it are defeatist shills who just want you to have the same 10 year old toaster they constantly replay deus ex and doom and morrowind on because they're too poor to afford anything new and can't pirate anything because it won't run on their toasters anyway. Essentially miserable people who want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

reminder that JRPG isn't a real genre and you need to use the term console RPG.

I think people might end up confusing cRPGs with cRPGs.

we balanced it well before journos popularized a term that doesn't even mean anything.

If vidya is gonna be so great, then were is the ZoE3 (or equivalent with different title to dodge Pachinkonami's yakuza hitmen) announcement?
CHECKMATE, FAGGOT

Attached: the_original_doorkick.gif (350x350, 1.76M)

there is no ZoE3 coming, but there will be a ZoE2 port to PC and PS4 (with some VR shit thrown in)

QED.
Vidya is (not) saved.

Attached: 149.gif (500x282, 3.67M)

Danke

From Focus Home all I want is Battlefleet Ghotic 2.

this, between some old and new games I sure have been finding myself playing vidya a LOT this year.

It's real nice to have fun again.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x830, 1.07M)

This. Fuck those games to death.

Lolwut? Sounds like you need to go outside, get some sunshine and fresh air and take a break from vidya for a while, you quintuple nigger.

Some good things were pretty good, but the bad things were really bad. China, in particular, is set to fuck over the whole market by becoming a huge demographic for awful meme games, now that their insane government has opened up the internet a little.

wew, calm down OP.
This is just the ventilation/cleanup from all the turds that were shat out in the early 2010's.
At least i can say that there are games worth archiving now, and i'm glad that normalfags are starting to get some bigger standards, it seems that all the entitledmonger shills finally fucked off.
Where? I can only recall the Shovel Knight one.

What about 6th gen?

My man.

Attached: 361992ff7382702882d65d37be17d204f61228e0ff19ec56ca8994263b7a9094.jpg (1920x1080, 385.38K)

Splatoon 2 announced a new expansion with more single player content than both games put together, plus new gear and playable octolings. The Surge released A Walk in the Park early this year. Hollow Knight released a bunch of new NPCs and side quests for free (and I think Episode Hornet or whatever will be free as well, although I haven't paid attention to it).

I'm probably missing a few, but you get the gist. It's more common now that AA development seems to be making a comeback.

I see where you are coming from but it's too little, too late on this front. They successfully got DLC fully accepted now, Day 1 and Disk-Locked DLC is often defended, DRM, Denuvo, and others have whiteknights, always online has been a staple in PC gaming for years and is a reality on consoles for a while, and even many normalfags say that Microtransactions is "acceptable" as long as it's "cosmetic".

It's nice to see that actual controversy is starting up thanks to Microtrasnactions but it's honestly too late, too much cancer was widely accepted already.

Attached: 1416811337019.png (422x717, 726.15K)

[INARTICULATE YELLING INTENSIFIES]