DooM Thread: JUST FUCK UP MY SOURCE PORT Edition

BREAKING NEWS
DOOM JUST GOT DOOMED
NEW ZDOOM COMES WITH TELEMETRY

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=59787&sid=724dac443672e55c0e42bbd87f74c1b6
archive.fo/d2B0V (in case it gets nuked)

(((GZStats))) will be added to new versions of QZDoom/GZDoom. The process is meant to collect some anonymous data about players and send them to the GZDoom HQ. The data will be used strictly to enhance your experience goy.

Attached: the_graf_community_3.png (1535x2143 231.06 KB, 675.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=59787&start=75#p1044723
doomworld.com/forum/topic/98452-flaws-in-doom-16/?do=findComment&comment=1856589
youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw
archive.fo/fToCU
archive.fo/kLglX
archive.is/wextA
archive.fo/EzPy8
archive.fo/9Jb6j
archive.fo/4c9Yu
archive.fo/lctdW
archive.fo/3BHPM
archive.li/2oNym
archive.fo/lXO5w
github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom/releases/download/q2.0.0/QZDoom-q2.0.0-x32.7z
github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom/releases/download/q2.0.0/QZDoom-q2.0.0-x64.7z
twitter.com/Iiboharz/status/972614890652340224
doomworld.com/forum/topic/71630-doom-with-scanlines/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait so did Doom 4 get mod support? or did Doom mods get better

Ah I see, so basically they're gonna be collecting spec data in order to get rid of shit.

It's anonymous, just like here. What's the fucking problem?

You can play all the old games you want they said
Games that came out pre-2000 are untouchable they said

you know, most companies know better than to try to force things like this. If you opt out and get left out you only have yourself to blame. Do they even realize who their audience is ? most doom fans are from a time when piracy and choice were valued, they arent just gonna eat this up like a cod player might.

I think brootaldoom made these niggers forget that.

That's pretty fucked up, but I wish I could actually tell what was going on in those screencaps and it wasn't just a scrambled mess of fucking bullshit RANDOMLY ENLARGED AND STRETCHED.

Attached: 4faeeb23e5089bd8aa135adcb45b3cbeeb59c884f38a9efaaf8d789d5d1e48ef.jpg (638x475, 31.83K)

What's the fucking purpose? I have a working build of G/ZDoom from a couple of years back, what would I win by updating to a newer version?

Basically Graf being a two-sided retard.
He's trying to be the new Carmack and he's not even a 10th of him.

It's impressively tone deaf.

Man you people are all batshit insane lmao

Do the older builds have said telemetry?
This is pretty fucking reatarded, he's shitting all over a big chunk of the core community.

Attached: a_tale_of_dead_gamer.webm (320x240, 2.38M)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MOTHERFUCKER
FUCK YOU AND ALL THE RETARDS THAT ENABLE YOU

Attached: THE FUCK.png (166x205 114.11 KB, 55.92K)

Can somebody explain something to me? Why in the absolute living fuck does a Doom sourceport needs fucking Vulkan support? I'm not all that informed, but as far as I know Vulkan is some kind of high-tech API shit that nuDoom uses. Why is that necessary for a 20+ year old game? Will I need a rig capable of running two nuDoom instances simultaneously to run Deus Vult II in GZDoom?
FUCKING
WHY

Attached: 200percentmad.jpg (497x732, 40.82K)

its just some data, nothing wrong here

Attached: 1390708359507.jpg (1536x2048, 1.04M)

Is it really batshit insane to find it strange that support is being removed for older hardware in a source port for a game that's over two decades old? Half of the appeal of retro games is that they run on toasters, so when a major source port starts leaving toasters behind you bet your ass that people are gonna ask questions.

For what purpose

Attached: 643d.png (334x297, 93.39K)

Because someone is giving him some money, obviously.

OP you massive faggot, why did you write
ZDOOM
when this crap only affects GZDoom which noone but normalfags even use?

Because there are faggots that run Doom games on GZDoom, since good old software renderer ain't fancy enough, can't play fucking Doom without shaders and dynamic lighting.

I use GZDoomplz no bully.
Is it so bad to want nice lighting and effects?
I sure as hell won't be downloading any updates though.

Attached: pfewwww.gif (450x254, 1.79M)

Software renderer or bust.

Seriously though, OpenGL Doom looks like fucking dogshit, just compare it to this and tell me all about how that fucking blurry mess looks better.

Attached: 20180316072057_1.jpg (2560x1440, 384.36K)

There are people that don't turn off anti-aliasing and blur effects?

That shit is all over Youtube so I assume every single normalfag has these enabled. But that's only part of the problem. Another significant issue is 32 bit color, it just sucks all the character from graphics. Extremely high resolution doesn't helps either. Finally, it uses perspective-correct viewport rotation, which makes sprites look like absolute fucking shit unless your view is dead centered on horizon. That's not to mention, GZDoom lags behind ZDoom by like what, 3 years worth of development and features? If you want a modern Doom engine you just use ZDoom, if you want old-school shit there's Boom, Chocolate and a whole lot of others.

what the fuck is GZDoom

Also it sucks that Zandronum cannot be married to ZDoom. It's clearly inferior in pretty much every aspect but it has multiplayer support.

Or just blocking it on Window's firewall.
Unless you want to play online

It's a gay ass fork of ZDoom that uses OpenGL for rendering, for whatever retarded reason.

It also has up-to-date mod support.

because zdoom is no longer being updated, meaning modders will eventually start using gzdoom exclusive features. gzdoom has effectively replaced zdoom.
in a better world, this wouldn't be a problem since gzdoom does have a software renderer
but sadly gzdoom also has graf zahl

On account of modders targeting GZDoom and not much more advanced ZDoom.

Nigger, GZDoom still has like half a decade to go to catch up with ZDoom. And it's exclusive features are OpenGL bullshit that no one should fucking use in a Doom engine game.

GZDoom is more advanced though. It has Doomscript for instance. If you ask me though, the ZDoom-family of source ports are all fucking shit. Eternity and 3DGE will and are better, respectively.

Examples of what it's more advanced at and why?

I'd believe it, but I still want proof. gzdoom was only ever a few months behind from what I knew.
But that doesn't really matter. zdoom is dead, gzdoom is not. Modders will use gzdoom, so it's only a matter of time until compatibility breaks.

Agreed, sadly.

The obvious answer is that this should be opt-in rather than default. Steam for example has the hardware survey that you can choose not to do.

Vulkan is faster, what more do you need? It also gives AMD cards and edge over Nvidia, since it was originally built off AMD Mantle, so now you won't get shitposts about muh OpenGL performance.

Ok well first off this site's codebase is php so there is a myriad of ways I can work around the hash to find your IP. Then I just have to slap a tripcode on your IP and have it saved into my own cookie then track everything you post.

Bam Anonynous no more, and that's just the IP address technical specs is even more revealing and makes it even easier to keep track of you.

Attached: Ididntaskforthis.png (620x387, 288.27K)

Daily reminder: kill devs such as those.
Another one: never pay for video games. Get them for free.

So why are we using this website again?

So you can opt out by

a. Recompiling using a flag to disable networking
b. Using sandboxing protection like firejail
c. Using a sandboxed VM
d. Using a firewall

It's somewhat shitty on their part to not make this opt-in but considering that 99% of their users are on an OS that has telemetry built in and have no real interest in maintaining their privacy it's to be expected.

Those that actually care about it shouldn't be bothered at all as such a 'feature' would work on their system anyways.

Instead of being bitches about it why don't you get Holla Forums to do some sort of bot to spam the results with fakes, his system seems ghetto as fuck so it shouldn't be that hard for someone competent and he doesn't seem like the kind of dev competent enough to mitigate that sort of attack.

This feels like the sort of reasoning you would see from an enduser that just got told Vulkan is the new API that is better than the old and thinks it's gonna fix everything,
The telemetry is bullshit too, Dolphin has proven that if you do opt-in it works just fine, even citra with all their shitheaded devs that think they can do no wrong still has an opt-out option (granted it sends a lot of shit before you can even disable it but still it won't send multiple reports on future crashes)

Cause you don't have to login and post, and you don't need to assign a name. Vast majority of sites has even worse security, and your ISP is by default readily accessible to the administrator, Holla Forums stands out because it hashes your IP so not just anyone can see it when you're a BO or Mod.= that isn't the case at 4chan infact it has malicious code to inject "something" into your browser.

Attached: Site Goblin.png (769x377, 105.31K)

Graf Doom dynamic lighting is still pretty shit, Graf is too incompetent to fix the bleeding issue this graphic had for ages and still does. The poorly done shadow maps is not fixing this issue at all even at 1024 "resolution". So instead of fixing bugs his damned Vulkan is more important.

No it shouldn't have them.

wew lad

which specific version has it?

It's not yet implemented as far as I can tell.

The worst part is that GZDoom has stopped supporting toasters for a long time now. It requires GL4.x with compatibility only down to GL2.1 and nothing else. You can't even run the software mode without using OGL mode because the sourceport itself detects if you can't run the current OGL version and immediatly errors out.
Don't have a moderately dated graphics card that can run Crysis handy? On integrated graphics or with an old laptop? Sucks to be you.
It's the pinnacle of idiocy to lock down a game meant to run on 386 IBM clones to only work on modern hardware.

Why the fuck does everything need to track you now? Fucking awful.

Attached: 15267537648.jpg (540x409, 28.39K)

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=59787&start=75#p1044723

Sounds like he's already doxxing people. Either way he sounds like a dick.

Is this 320x200 stretched up to fit 2560x1440? Why would you torture yourself with this?

Adding "+vid_renderer 0" in command prompt forces it to use software mode, "+set vid_renderer 0" also writes it into config for now. Not like average user knows that.

Fucking why?

Attached: jews.jpg (213x237, 12.04K)

But it's Doom, it should be able to run on any 'long obsolete system' and every system out there. What is the whole point of all this unnecessary overhead in the first place?

Attached: going postal.jpg (960x720, 82.42K)

But user, how else will big brother know what's best for you?

Attached: 15899defb3b1284fc53d544277924cb9a1debd81f9d3ea20590e2d786f204148.gif (354x417, 936.11K)

Mods with a shitton of effects like this.

Because it's the hot new meme in open source project, telemetry to 'improve" the program.
To be perfectly fair it can to a certain extent help by telling you what cause the most issues or what your userbase tends to use so you know what kind of hardware you should support first, but fuck the way it's presented here.

Looks fucking trash. I like the old guns better and whats with that Bioshock mind powers bullshit?

Its like Mario All Stars sending your info back to Nintendo. (Pretty sure Grimtendo is wanting to do that)

Attached: 8f41d17c53cc37def93e8446036cbb3f1bd7a0ed04dd9725341d7726b72e8874.jpeg (717x960, 73.36K)

Cheevos are already that, you get most user info you would want just from those.

You use magic and guns.

This man literally cannot open his mouth without igniting infinite rage inside me

Attached: f0ab9fd7422a6671a2b4127afd35f584d572cde950916ff21087327e10bb75ed.webm (1800x1300, 3.06M)

Does that mean regular fonts you'd use in say, Microsoft Word? An interesting idea that would save some time, but would probably feel very off next to the pixel graphics of a lot of Doom.

Attached: gas.jpg (500x500, 45.89K)

Guess it's time to stop using GZDoom. ZDoom's apparently no-longer in active development though? I use PrBoom+ for vanilla shit but besides that what has good mod support and isn't being developed by huge faggots?

just kill the faggot already

Attached: DooM_is_hurt.webm (1280x720, 11.61M)

Speaking of nuDoom, I was browsing Doomworld and found this Icon of Autism megapost detailing all the reasons why nuDoom sucks.
doomworld.com/forum/topic/98452-flaws-in-doom-16/?do=findComment&comment=1856589

I do wish someone else or that guy could turn thios into one of those longer game analysis videos so normalfags would realize how fucked the game is

Attached: autism1.webm (1280x720, 7.2M)

Because Graf can't code for shit and instead of fixing the mess he made or at least admitting that he fucked up, he blames older hardware and OpenGL for the trash performance.

ZDoom has been abandoned and hasn't been updated since 2016 as Randy, the main dev has retired. GZDoom was it's fork and now it is the official successor. ZD has never been never more advanced than GZD, it just used a different, software-based renderer. QZDoom is the closest thing to it now, but it's still directly dependent on GZD, so it will get telemetry too.

Agreed. Too bad that most mods are for ZDoom, so only vanilla content remains.

Attached: graf zahl.png (416x540, 178.95K)

Noice OC m8

Attached: 5e99fb6f3af9deb30e489b8eb8373776c292341b966b0912a5b37cdda3e59bab.jpg (1200x772, 130.7K)

I deleted my post since it was the wrong video, this is the video I was trying to remember:
youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw

why hasn't anyone forked it without the telemetry bullshit?
Is it not open source? Its not like he can do anything about forks.

I'd kill for an AppchanX equivalent for Holla Forums. From what I remember though, it's kill even for 4chan.

gzdoom has been forked a few times in the past over graf's bullshit, none of them have lasted.

It's clear that Graf is some sort of unholy construction fueled by the hate his retarded opinions bring.

What a hill to die on. Absolutely retarded.

Interesting timing.
Before last week i was using GZDoom v2 but decided to try new wads out of boredom.
Of ocurse most of them require new version
So I got v325 and all it does is crashes and crashes videocard drivers (it would be BSOD in XP but win7 can restart them). In other words I

Funny Witcher/Crysis 3 works fine on my PC at 60 fps but it's seems to be obsolete for GZDoom.

Thankfully we got vavoom, zandornum and others.

How about fixing the FUCKING audio? Ever since they went to OpenAL the audio has been broken as fuck. Chris the fucking retarded who REEEEEEEEED to Randy to add his code for 8 FUCKING years doesn't even fix the bugs that crop up.

Fix it first, you cunt. I'm still using the version right before OpenAL because it's broken out the ass even to this day. Fucking tranny.

Also I always force OpenGL to version 2 on startup because it's faster than the OpenGL 3 bullshit Graf added.

GZDoom is a fucking train wreck right now. Considering just adopting ZDoom LE since it at least fucking works.

How do you force OGL2 on startup? I never bothered with it but with this horseshit my retard tolerance threshold has been completely fucking destroyed.
Also thanks for bringing ZDLE to my attention.

(checked)
The last OpenGL was brought up in the Doom thread I pointed out how OpenGL is deprecated and that if some other project has moved on to Vulkan you should use that. One user actually tried to use mental gymnastics to claim that OpenGL isn't deprecated because it is actually in maintenance mode and gets some minor updates from Vulkan when it can.

Telemetry is classic jewjitsu and you can fuck it quit easily by adding the domains to a null IP in your HOSTS, and/or blocking that domain/IP in your router, and or running a software firewall and straight up blocking gzdoom binary executable (though that will probably break multiplayer).

didn't the fuck outright refuse zandro devs offering to help make multiplayer actualy work in gz?

Attached: 3s.jpg (800x504, 46.95K)

I have had the same problem. New mods give errors on old versions of GZD, new versions of GZD will load the mods but constantly crash. It's fucked. I haven't played Doom in a while, I was hoping this shit would get fixed in the near future but it looks like things are only going to get worse.

This is what I do in windows

Here is the command to enable outbound by default
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles firewallpolicy blockinbound,allowoutbound
and to disable outbound by default
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles firewallpolicy blockinbound,blockoutbound

Attached: windows firewall.png (432x460, 45.64K)

Stalman was right and you stupid winfags are wrong again

Attached: dont give a fuck.jpg (600x450, 168.28K)

Use this command line switch: -glversion 2
I easily get a 25% FPS boost doing this, even on modern hardware it runs faster.

Many times. When Zandro was still Skulltag both Torr and Carnevil both offered, but Graf went on a huge tirade about how shitty the Skulltag netcode is, which is funny since Graf doesn't know the first fucking thing about Netcode.

After GZDoom became well known thanks to Carn and Torr's efforts, Graf (in his own words I can't find) thanked them by saying he planed to "throw a monkey wrench in to the plans of other source port developers". He also made mention about he thinks he found a legal loophole with Ken Silvermen's code, said something along the lines of "The polite thing would be to ask him, but I won't ;)".

Graf is an asshole and deserves every negative comment he gets hurled at him. Graf I know you read this know since your little butt buddy Kinsie is posting about it, please castrate yourself and never have children.

What a fucking faggot holy shit.

I guess now is the time to grab legacy versions of Z/GZdoom. Maybe zandro or some other, better fork will completely replace gz one day too.

I bailed on that fucking drama vortex years ago so I'm not sure. I was the Doomgod in the last thread that was working on finding LMP archives of the original Doomgods. Managed to find an archive of my demos, but now I'm trying to figure out which WADs were used to play (it's super obvious you're missing a .WAD when you try to play a demo heh). I've finally got a few of mine from ~1996 figured out, and will work on some editing and upload them to Youtube or Twitch.

Anyway in that last thread we discussed multiplayer, and how I've never played any of the source ports online. So I started digging and it appears Zandronum is still the apex online Doom server. Due to the fact it has additional features we didn't have in the dial-up glory days I started looking into Chocolate Doom server. Now, they both appear to be relatively easy to setup, but I think they have some huge difference. Like Zandronum supporting mouse-look and jumping for starters. It's also possible Zandronum "fixed" some of the bugs that we used as strategy, like strafe / wall running, MAP01 plasma grab, and SFX cancels. Whereas Chocolate aims to keep it as close to the base experience as possible. That also means Chocolate only supports 4 players per server instance (original limitation).

I have also been toying with the idea of trying to get actual vanilla Doom2.exe working online through DOSBox. It has quite a few different ways to accomplish this: IPX tunneling through UDP, modem emulation, or a 3rd party VPN / IPX solution (like Kali or Hamachi).

I just don't have the time to test for a few weeks. Also going the more vanilla route without using some match-making / lobby system might suck. I'm just not sure I want to dive into fake Doom2 and risk becoming an embarrassed Doomgod…

"Disconnect me. I can be reworked, but I'll never be top-of-the-line again… I'd rather be nothing." –Bishop

These are just a few of the stories I can remember off the top of my head. There's been other developers that just simply stopped working on anything ZDoom related because Graf constantly has temper tantrums. There was another guy who was fixing the OGL code, but every time he did, or tried to tell Graf the underlying issues, he threw a tantrum.

Have you taken the PrBoom+ pill yet?

It's nice, but sometimes I want to play fancy mods too.

Great port, excellent GL support, even has some extra features like Jump if you need it for certain maps. But like said, I do want some fancy mods. I'd be okay if there was a way to add new weapons, monsters, and powerups. Those can really make a mod more interesting if done right, but alas most mods don't.

"There is no telemetry. Telemetry means to examine the user's behavior and report that to the server. This only sends a simple hardware query with 3 points of information. It also sends this only once per user per version." -graf

I'm sure we could throw this faggot under a bus by testing this. I can easily setup a VM and run gzdoom multiple times while logging net traffic. Also if this is true it would mean there's a setting somewhere in a file (registry or .ini) that you could flip a value to 1; in theory that would make gzdoom think it already phoned home.

I'm assuming it's a lie, though.

Forgot to mention. The only reason Graf is doing this is because this is the only reason Graf has any power on the source port. If someone else took over OGL, Graf would have a smaller voice in the goings on with the code. His only reason for being there is the OpenGL renderer. He can't do audio code. He consults on ZScript, but does not do anything with it really. Features added by other people throws him into a fit of rage (When SBarinfo came out, he threatened to remove it at one point, but couldn't because Randy had the final say).

Someone told me, someone tried to fix the OGL code, and when they did, Graf blew his top and tried to delete the GZDoom source. Can't seem to find anything on that, maybe someone else knows about this one?

There are compatflags to emulate vanilla behavior to some extent.

Pretty good. Shame you can't play games other than Doom, Strife was ok.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-16_15-07-40.png (1808x179, 35.5K)

for what purpose

The worst thing about that Tim Willits bit is that he worked at ID while those games were being made, which means he either didn't pay attention way back in the 90's or he's completely forgotten major things.

For those of you who want to read more about this, Doomworld had a thread full of this drama, think it was in 2010 where Graf has a huge melt down and everyone jumps down his throat and calls him out on his bad code.

You mean the one were another programmer was trying to gib him advices but he ignored as usually? archive.fo/fToCU

Attached: Vulkan Expert 1.png (200x200, 46.09K)

That's the one! Let me archive that and post the links.

First 6 pages, archive stopped working suddenly:
Page 1: archive.fo/kLglX
Page 2: archive.fo/fToCU
Page 3: archive.is/wextA
Page 4: archive.fo/EzPy8
Page 5: archive.fo/9Jb6j
Page 6: archive.fo/4c9Yu

jesus christ the fucking world we live in

Attached: 7934f3880ceb55895e7c7391fab7f6e595f79d8f3d42841979b22da679e81b95.png (600x660, 365.82K)

additional pages:
Page 7: archive.fo/lctdW
Page 8: archive.fo/3BHPM

This is what happens when mentally ill people use their code/program as a platform to push their agenda, since it gives them power over people. I see why the GPL is important now, so this kind of shit can't happen.

Holy shit, this is good. Archived for posterity: archive.li/2oNym

Doomworld, not even once.

Its a good thing the current version of GZDoom I have works perfectly fine and I don't need to upgrade.

Attached: Smug Amy.png (625x600, 590.4K)

does it also detect what kind of wads are you running? is he gonna know how many degenerates play HDoom?

Attached: 51fea7e2339e93b11325b4a84a49acd89e55e35f3eb2c9fdbc3cafa1bd3400be.jpg (542x616, 55.14K)

Load up TrumpDoom + HDoom, Trump really triggers Graf.

HOLY SHIT it reads some information and then fucks off forever and you can skip it by editing a single line in the .ini

It's literally fucking nothing. Semi-annual Speccy threads on Holla Forums are more invasive than this.

Attached: 1384988315110.png (958x1319 463.72 KB, 203.32K)

Same. I just work with what I have now. You can still do a lot with what the older engines provide.

Lolcow material.

10,251 words of concentrated autism. Forums were a mistake.

Elaborate please.

Attached: a557b25602e14f78db3a414f727965d980039c463380bbac2177cea69fbc52a9.png (214x376, 35.13K)

Everytime Trump is brought up in a topic, Graf can't help resist going on about how terrible Trump is and how Graf would do it better. In other words, Graf thinks he could be president, much like how he thinks he can code OGL.

Thread is now Locked

Drama aside, wich flavor of doom do you guys like? balls to the wall metal doom or eerie creepy atmospheric doom? i really like the second one

Wait, did they delete Page 7 and 8 of the thread?

I like both.

It's split to the Hall of Unpleasentness because it was hurting Graf's feelings. Also Rach made a statement:
Except it is true and there's posts on other forums to back it up. Are you running for propaganda minister Rachael?

Both go hand in hand, depends what you want to achieve.

The problem is that, even if you do that, you can't run GZDoom because the sourceport itself still drums up the OGL error despite not using the renderer at the moment.

Is this specifically made to shame people?… Also, I see that MoM user was also posting in there too. What a cluster fuck.

See my previous post here
. It's probably a lie and still phones home. Because why add a feature you want users to not be capable of opting out, and the leaving a config option for them to opt out?

I actually think the music style of the first 3 games were appropriate. 1 and 2 were mostly metal with very few ambient tracks, but 64 was mostly ambient with a few industrial/metal tracks.

It's the best forum, it the forum where all the posts worth reading are. Shame people? Half the time it makes the staff look like dumbfucks.

Right, and Carnevil's netcode was invasive Graf? Or Blzut's Code? Or any of the code offered to GZdoom over the past decade?

I still don't trust Rachael. She's shadey as fuck. Where did she even come from? She went inactive for a few years, and then out of no where, comes back, becomes buddy buddy with Randy, and then takes over the site a year or two later. Fucking shady.

I'm not sure if it's a man or woman, they're definitely emotional as fuck like a woman, but then again, so are most "men" these days.

archive.fo/lXO5w

GNU/Linux distro maintainers will probably strip out the botnet.

So why hasn't this faggot been ousted yet and why is every modder using his fucking ZDoom fork? How can we end the age of Zahl?

I only wanted to play Doom without this kind of bullshit.

Both can great, but I prefer eerie. It's lot harder to do it right without cringey bullshit, but more rewarding in the end.

Attached: 10ca9d20bdf6221ec30697b4c54585f9b3033faeb433c36927286822ae5bac36.gif (2303x2879 518.94 KB, 1.17M)

Weird, I've just tested it with some of the old devbuilds, 2 of them crash on startup in GL mode but starting GZDoom with line "gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad +vid_renderer 0" bypasses that and starts the game with software renderer.

what a fucking surprise

Isn't it confirmed to be pre-man?

Fork the code so Graf has no control over it, and find someone willing to code a better GL renderer than Graf. Failing that switch to ZDoom LE.

Someone needs to help Dr. Frag get his own forum too without the likes of Rachael or WildWeasel, maybe even a bug forum feature similar to the one on ZDoom. Github is okay, but it takes quite a bit to file a bug.

I don't know. I know Randy was, I know CSonicgo was, I know Essel was, but never heard anything about Rachael (yet).

He has exiled everybody who opposed him.

There are no other forks with ACS and DECORATE support.

Make our own fork.

Serious Question; if Holla Forums user can make a TF2 Fork, why can't we make a GZDoom fork?… Just take what Graf has done, and modify it to be not shit.

We can, we just need someone who's skilled enough to do so.

are we gonna call it zdoom vintage?

How about "ZDoom Classic"?

How aboout VDoom?

Doom, where the two oo are the mobius strip.

FUCKING WHY!?!?!?!

Attached: 5ecd47e29a37a84294173e0ba3e4d2836a8046a640ea0c7c461115332dc84e1a.jpg (800x800, 85.43K)

You can't make gold out of shit.

I like it.

There is a reason why for example the army in general used to consist entirely of men only, exactly because of the physical difference and the stress endurance, but of course this point is invalid because it is "nuuh-uh stop mansplaining me!". At this point it is not a surprise anymore that Graf Doom is a shit fest with premium tier coding. I fucked up the post

Attached: 23d35b779993e68b1ddae916b20c278458b7bc807bebda9eebe40aeda9e8140b.png (1025x536, 808.86K)

How do we fix the soyboy problem? It's a society-wide problem that needs to be addressed.

Every society in the past that has had these problems almost always burns to the ground and everyone who isn't a soy-byproduct builds a new society without these people. I'd imagine the same goes for many online communities as well as they're sort of they're own mini-societies.

I forgot to ask, why did he do this in the first place?

We don't fix it. It fixes itself when the Chinese dump their US holdings, and the dollar craters. Starvation, rolling brownouts, and massive social unrest will usher in a dictatorship, or a huge balkanization and a collection of petty despotisms. This kills the soyboy.

Because Graf is a lazy faggot who only wants to implement The Latest And Bestest Technologyâ„¢ instead of making things that are actually useful, so he wants some graphs saying people with older machines don't play Doom enough so he can drop support for them.

Literally by doing nothing but resisting this disease. These fucks destroy everything they touch, it's only matter of time as said. Weak men -> bad times -> strong men -> good times -> weak men.

To justify dropping the support for pre-2010 hardware.

vDoom
v8Doom
D∞m
v8D∞m
just testing

The best way to survive the eventual fall is to start learning skills such as farming, get your own land, and learn how people used to live in the early 1900s. Pretty much anything boy scouts used to teach before the soy infection would do you good too.

How about…

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (210x30, 2.45K)

We have already been over this

Fuck, I'm so not used to reading threads.

I mean we could add some basic things like Decorate to PRBoom, but the code would need to be cleaned up and refactored. We might be better off using a port that has PRBoom compatibility like the Eternity Engine.

i got dibs on "D8M" because it's simple

DoomForRetards

ZDoom already has boom and prboom compatibility. Could be wrong though, considering how different each port handles actor behaviour.

I never tried the Commandline solution with +vid_renderer 0 because it says nothing in the wiki that forcing the change in renderer through editing the .ini and forcing the setting change through CMD would actually trow different results. I'll try that and phone in later if it works.

Attached: D∞m.png (1338x839, 1.99M)

Voom
Vroom vroom

O ye, can someone post the absolute latest version of SO YOU WANT TO PLAY SOME FUCKING DOOM? I keep losing it. Was the latest v7 or v8?
Also, I'm making an archive of all the mods, maps and sourceports I have, as well as some tools. Maybe I'll make a mega out of it, so people can grab whatever they want from my small collection (compared to some people).

I'm thinking since it's gotta be a fork of z/gz, maybe name it VZDoom?

8ZDoom then.

But VZDoom is much easier to pronounce.

This says a lot about Grafs inability/unwillingness to properly document the work. He has thrown literal shitfits when people have resorted to reading source code, and then implemented features based on actual source code because "muh undocumented features aren't supported".

From reading his shit for years he always struck me as:
-the type of person that enjoyed "playing legos" because he understood the blocks fit together a specific way and you could build buildings
-the type of person that said you were playing legos wrong if you either didn't build the same exact building or something not a building
-the type of person that got mad if you built several smaller things first, and then built those into one larger thing
-the type of person that hated lego mindstorm because "legos should only build buildings"

Basically if reality doesn't confirm to his subjective version it pisses him off. In that state he has been known to lash out by ranting, threaten (or blatantly imply he already has) to sabotage other source ports, and delete the fucking project.

z8Doom
zD∞m
gzD∞m

zV∞m
gzV∞m

Dude, stop. That infinity symol looks really crappy. Keep it ASCII-only.

I much prefer

Yeah, this site's official name is infinitechan but it's always written as Holla Forums because ∞chan looks awkward. Just call it D8M or something.

That sounds like a retarded dungeons and dragons edition though.

Sounds a lot better than z8Doom, which sounds like a gene mutation.

Attached: deal with it picard.gif (448x352, 1.68M)

You better delete this post before you realized what a fool you are.

It's not though,it's ì

you probably can't even triforce either you dumbfags

▲
▲ ▲

No,but i can call you a dümbass.

There's a big problem with this idea.
See, Zdoom's "dirty secret" is that it's actually more of a Hexen port than a Doom port. With this i mean that some fairly fundamental stuff such as collision detection functions far more like Hexen than vanilla Doom. I'll reckon that pretty much all Zdoom-specific mods rely on these "Hexen-ish" mechanics to some degree.

So, no. You can't just bolt on Zdoom features onto Prboom.

You're the nigger with some non-standard keyboard. Maybe turn your num-lock toggle on, I don't know and I don't care other than you are wrong.

Here on Holla Forums we have Infinite Force.
♾
♾ ♾

It's pretty standard,i think you're just trying to save face.

>uses linux on a PC probably too stupid to build their own router and manage their own firewall, vpn, and vlan (or doesn't even have any)

i'm sorry, user. i'm afraid your condition is: retarded. it could be fatal, but there is a chance you too can learn how to type "alt + 236" ∞

That's like at least twelve Cirnos

Attached: cirno.png (1395x858, 1.19M)

I'm fucking typing that you giant poophead

▲
▲ ▲

Attached: shoulder shrug.jpg (4288x2848, 3.78M)

Attached: capture_grand-illusions_butplug.jpg (1920x1080, 169.77K)

I still vote for vDoom as Holla Forums's Doom. Zdoom has too many similarly named forks already and all are infused by stupidity. I'd rather not associate ourselves with the (((Graf Community))).

Either way, if anybody is serious about making a fork, shouldn't it be based on Zandronum? It's like GZD, but it has an actually working netcode and less insufferable retards developing it, r-right?.

Attached: Brianaction.gif (320x240, 770.87K)

By naming it vDoom (as in "Holla Forums's Doom") you're associating yourself with 4chan.

MotorDoom, because it's V8

The absolute last thing you should do is attach the 8ch logo to it
That would just cause a newfag influx and make this board even more of a joke than it already is

infiniDoom
infiniD
infiniVoom
∞Voom

>alienating (((the Doom community))) is bad

I support that.

Attached: 100hundredbonus.jpg (640x800, 52.14K)

infiniDoom is fine too.

I'm down for infinidoom

Isn't GZDoom, like, free and open source? What stops people from just looking what the code does and removing it?

Nothing. The only problem that might arise is that no-one will use your fork.

Also, just in case these milquetoasts decide to force the changes by removing the old versions, we should mirror the ZDoom web site.

Oh right I forgot about this. Yeah there were a few modders that used features as they thought they worked and as they appeared on the wiki. Graf decides one day that that a bunch of these things are "hacks" and these functions were never intended to work this way.

I think it was DoomRPG that got this treatment from Graf.

I remember when people asked for SBarInfo and he said no because he didn't like the idea of custom statusbars. Once Randy approved Blzut3's code he found every reason to try and yank it out, but never did.

can someone throw qzdoom here? I'm not going back to that shithole

Give me a moment.

Actually it's on their github
32-Bit: github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom/releases/download/q2.0.0/QZDoom-q2.0.0-x32.7z
64-Bit: github.com/raa-eruanna/qzdoom/releases/download/q2.0.0/QZDoom-q2.0.0-x64.7z

I like DoomRPG. I should get back into it, last time I played I got it at the recommendation of an user here about it along with the DoomRP weapon pack/thing I believe.

Not RP, RL, I'm retarded.

He always talks about dropping support for older OS's/cards/etc.

Attached: 02e2c6eafff07845f13cbb73c34b1979c8f2955e342d91492de7a3bd5868fd60.png (299x231, 67.44K)

This will probably be their death knell if the backlash portrayed in those images is accurate. People have moved on from source ports many, many times in the past. I mean fuck, I remember when I used to use the Doom Legacy engine with it's "super cool" launcher. Just because ZDoom was good for a longer period of time doesn't mean it was going to last forever.

I just fucking noticed that that shitshow of a forum post got OVER HALF of the replies deleted.
Pages 4-7 are just fucking gone.
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF DOOM FORUMS

Attached: weeeeew.jpg (565x564, 54.44K)

Yeah, they're fucked. This is moot during GamerGate levels of spilling spaghetti and blowing your own foot off with a super shotgun.

It's a fucking joke. These faggots are constantly closing threads and deleting posts when people are arguing "too intensely".

Yeah, forcing through CMD actually works and lets you play GZDoom and derivates when your system doesn't support OpenGL, thus letting you play modern mods. It's still infuriating that it defaults to OGL and blocks you with a gay error telling you to (((get new hardware))) that supports new OGL instead of telling you to use Software mode or something less infuriating. That and combing through the .ini to find vid_renderer 1 and changing it to 0 and still being unable to launch the goddamn port is incredibly retarded.

I recall something about that, he straight up made a LOT of old mods incompatible with GZDoom because of his stupid changes, further fragmenting the userbase into keeping as many old versions that work with specific mods and others that don't or people flocking into old forks such as Zandronum. There was also something about DoomScript's first implementation with it messing up with cvarinfo and DECORATE that broke mods like Zen Dynamics, which i think was also fixed due to community backlash.

What is this image? Is that a bottle of wine?

FFXIV, moogle getting drunk

If I remember right he did worse than that. I think he might have threatened a specific .WAD maker to stop telling people to use a specific older version of GZDoom (that still worked with the .WAD). He bullied him for sure until one or more of the trannies actually interrupted.

A forum is a goddamn joke when a thread supposed to discuss a (((feature))) is filled with coloured special snowflake moderator posts and users are banned, deleted and shunned with no end for complaining about making it optional in the first place. It all reeks of SJWism and goon tactics, which wouldn't surprise me at this point considering that some of those figures are confirmed trannies.

It's all just a cascade/slipperyslope effect, it's been going downhill since Randy left ZDoom thus giving full reign to Graf to seize control and fuck over everyone who wants to mod for Doom.

It looked like a dragon gargoyle.

Trannies? we got trannies making doom wads now?

Good morning. We have trannies in every popular modding community now. Doom, TF2, Skyrim. I can only hope that Quake and HL will stay low enough to not attract degenerates.

Rachael, the supposed "ZDoom webmaster" is a (s)he.

Well,as long as they don't have fucking multi gendered protags in their doom wads

Attached: NOTEVEN.png (555x569, 241.16K)

It's easy to spot a transhuman. They always talk about private things in public. Like complaining about having to shave often. If you'll see a WAD with Doom Guy complaining about hair in his armpits growing too fast, this WAD was most likely made by a tranny.

Sadly, that is not the case.

Attached: otherkin.png (800x600, 117.16K)

I pray you've made that up

I use "other" on zandronum because it has better taunts in GvH. The cyborg instead of spouting boring lines becomes a nyo ho ho machine, and the marine becomes a spess marine.

(checked)
So the nice thing about Quake was that the mods are done in quakeC. So there is somewhat of an abstraction layer between source ports and mods. One nice thing would be if someone had a copy of registered Qizmo and reversed it so quakeworld servers could run a legit version. I'm not sure you can even buy a Qizmo registration key anymore.

Attached: 1520987582069.jpg (311x390, 16.36K)

I love it how people shit on nudoom as if it were the worst doom game and Doom 3 never existed. They conveniently forget how much faster and detatched nudoom was from the contemporary garbage the industry shits out and had a better singleplayer than anything in the past 5 years.
Fuck, I've seen people PRAISE doom 3 just because the new one exists. Like how hypocritical can you get.

Doomguy would punch the shit out of every last one of those faggots.

Attached: 2LZ4wKH.png (600x473, 742.59K)

twitter.com/Iiboharz/status/972614890652340224

Call me a casual or whatever,but i enjoyed playing doom 4,i do think it was overpriced though.

Attached: 1233514880804.jpg (544x644, 52.94K)

Unrelated to this shitfest, how's ZScript?
I might get down to some modding later and I've heard that they've added a new more low-level scripting language. Is it better than that clusterfuck DECORATE or worse? The Doom community desperately needs a more standardized approach for this kind of stuff.

Doom 4 is fun but it is no where near as good as classic Doom. It just doesn't swarms of foes like the old games.

There was a couple areas with nice amounts of baddies,but it was definitely a limitation of the engine that they had to spawn in certain waves because it couldn't handle past a certain amount.

People who hate Doom 4 have hard time expressing why. They just "feel it" and assume that if you have a "good enough taste" you should understand this "feeling" too. But in reality what they mean is that Doom 4 stands against everything that orignal Doom stood for.

But someone already posted a link to why the new Doom game is bad.

The original Doom will never be topped by a new Doom, and that's fine. The problem is that people call anything that isn't a carbon copy of it bad. If it looks and plays exactly like the original, it's a shitty copy that does nothing new; if it does anything different, it's a shitty cash grab.
It's like calling your pet dog shit for not being born a wolf. What the fuck is it supposed to do about that?

It's not a bad game (for a modern game at least, which is surprising considering who made it) but it is a bad Doom game. The same could be said of Doom 3, although I'd say 4 is a bit better.

Just play Serious Sam what in god's name are you doing

More like Painkiller.

It's more akin to calling your new dog a dumb fuck because compared to your old dog he's a dumb fuck.

I would if there was a new one.

To me, it looks like ZScript might be a bit of a train wreck in it's current state. I'd personally just stay away from it because I just know Graf will render everything unusable somehow. I think GZDoom 2.4.0 supports it, so you can still use the last version before Graf and crew broke everything after Randy quit.

I bet if anything Graf is the reason why Randy left. The other reason being Rachael pressuring Randy to enjoy the rest of his life as a tranny.

The hairy german faggot really did it this time, holy fuck. We really need a new, decent sourceport that has nothing to do G/ZDoom.

One thing Doom 3 has going for it is an open engine that allows modding or to create entirely new games with it while nudoom is a forgettable shooter designed for the console that destroys this legacy.

It might be a slightly more enjoyable as an action oriented FPS with much better art design than Doom 3 but isn't as deserving as the name of Doom for far more important reasons.

I would say the Eternity Engine, but the author himself is a whines that women won't have sex with him.

While destroying the franchise's legacy by being a fucking closet monster shooter that's slow as molasses; something nudoom isn't. Modability is a lesser positive in comparison to gameplay.

h-how do you know he's hairy?

how much is known about him anyway, is his dox out there? maybe he could be lolcow'd into ragequitting for good.

It's alright. It's not god-awful by any means, but from what I've played it just didn't quite match the original. My biggest gripe is that the music is inexcusable industrial garbage. You could have made a catchy, head-bangin' metal soundtrack, a more modern version of the baller soundtrack from the original, and instead we get mostly Call of Duty garbage.

There was like 2 tracks that were good,bfg division and rip and tear,the rest were forgettable

Those tracks were bad too. The entire soundtrack was shit.

Well hey,opinions.

Is Zandronum still okay to use?

Attached: za_exe_logo160.png (160x160, 35.89K)

Screw the Doom community, he's saying that you would just be advertising Holla Forums. Do you want even more normalfags posting here?

My problem with Doom4 is that while it does try something different it does few things well. And also the overuse of shitty arenas. Why the hell is good level design so hard to find in the post-current year era?

That said Doom 4 is a damn fine game when compared to everything else being released
Yeah but I felt that I had to say it.

Because modern engines cannot support any levels which aren't gated arenas with at most half a dozen enemies at a time.

So if some user were to say, re-invent this wheel, what are the bare minimum requirements that actually make GZDoom?

Is it literally just Doom/Doom2 source + custom rendering pipeline + ACS/DECORATE?

Don't even mention the shitshow that was lilith.pk3

Mod compatibility is probably the most important one. Some wads nowadays can't run on anything but Gzdoom

Yeah that's why I was asking for some specifics. Is "main" compatibility simply a measure of ACS/DECORATE support?

Do you hate the level design in FEAR as well?

Yes.

Well actually maybe, the community's basically garbage since every single server is either

forgot image

Attached: current state of zandmp.png (1023x736, 122.29K)

nuDoom lacked enemy placement and "surprises" in its levels is what make it so dry and predictable, it was a half-ass of Doom 2 idea of arenas, but enough to impress normalfags thanks to grafix and fancy animations. One of the reasons why nuDoom is short lived, beyond lack of proper mod tools.
It all comes to style and no substance.

Attached: inner fuck.png (1252x679, 576.76K)

I suspect this isn't true at all. What I think is that programmers are wasting polygons. The problem today is that spoiled brat fags have internet access to whine about "muh graphics". I'm 100% confident anything post-idTech 3 era could make drastic sacrifices in poly counts combined with better texture art to produce the games with high actor counts that we want.

It would be nice if some developer realized that a game should be optimized for actor count not graphical fidelity (especially polygons). Good texture modelers have proven to be able to compensate for fewer vertices. Very few games even give you the freedom and option to lower mesh count, and of those that do I felt like they should be more flexible in the configuration. I would be curious to see some experiment like the 100,000 revenants even in something like Quake 1.

Fuck you faggots, those are all horrible considerations. Jump into a ceiling fan.

Do you think if there was decent modding tools to allow custom maps/music/campaigns/whatever it would get a better reception around here?

Attached: 1345746817495.gif (645x773, 22.07K)

Yeah, this is something I've thought for the last 10 years pretty much. Instead of focusing on more and more grafix I wish developers would push things like better AI, destructible environments and higher frame rates. Instead all they are chasing is mythical bullshot visuals to be finally made real. It's a sad state of affairs. Everything gameplay related is playing second fiddle to graphical fidelity.

Doom4 reduces model and texture detail a few meters ahead of you and hides it by blurring the image.
Modern engines are doing everything they can to keep their shitty framerates up to the point where something like nuDoom pops up people praise it for being optimized despite it doing nothing noteworthy and running like shit in spite of it.

No, it wouldnt excuse the shitty base game and engine limits.
Would just let it be salvaged by the community, like Skyrim and Fallout 4 in a way.

Doesn't salvaged imply fixing to a good degree though?

It's still fairly fucked on a technical level. Shitty monster limits and shit. If there was a mod to turn off the health pinata shit it would be a start but it's just flawed in nature. It was born wrong.

i am still waiting for a full voice mod of this

Attached: Alexdoomcut1.mp4 (480x360, 11.45M)

"Salvage" just means to prevent the destruction of. It doesn't even need to still be in working order, it just needs to not be completely fucking broken. For instance, one term for a scrapyard is a "salvage yard." The cars in there are certainly not working, and most are missing several key parts or are damaged to the point that repairing them is pointless. But they have not, for instance, been crushed into a metal cube with a bunch of other random bits of throwaway.

In other words, there's no element of "fixing" at all to something that is salvaged, it's merely something that has, to some degree, been kept from destruction.

yeah i was just reading about what little there is on kikepedia about idTech 6.

So sounds like id Tech 6 didn't get the virtual geometry. It's also debatable weather that hardware Carmack was talking about exists yet.

*whether

every modern game engine can leverage LODs (level of detail) techniques these days.

Soyboy detected

does anyone know of if there is such thing as an LMP analyzer? vanilla doom2 LMPs don't contain the .WAD name and last thread we found a bunch of oldschool dial-up deathmatch recordings. most are on vanilla MAP01, DWANGO5, or the MANCERX series but some we just have no clue.

is there a faster way to convert old LMPs to AVI besides DOSBox native record? if so i would actually just up a couple servers to speed record a specific LMP running through many wads and then manually inspect them for a matchup… but holy shit what a job that would be

>

So if there ever is an Holla Forums build of an OpenGL Zdoom, what features should be prioritized? To me the perfect gl doom sourceport would have to have:

The trifecta of most important features would be
1) Support for the fancy decorate/acs/zscript shit
2) Performance that isn't dogshit/legacy support (OGL3 and up slow shit down anyway)
3) Actual working multiplayer
In that order

It's way, way more than that. In short, the current GZDoom is the result of every id Tech 1 game and over two decades of modding and porting. Vanilla Doom, Boom, DeHacked, MBF, SMMU, Eternity, Doom Legacy along with the games; Heretic, Hexen and Strife. Every port and game has added some new feature and at ZDoom has tried to consolidate all of them into a single package.

Here's my two cents. Making a source port that tries to remain fully compatible with ZDoom and supports ZDoom-exclusive features would be rather pointless, as it would be a never-ending race for nothing. Reinventing everything would lead nowhere as most modern mods require GZDoom and only a very few enthusiasts would actually use it. New well-designed and documented replacements for DECORATE, MAPINFO and such, while trying to maintain support for ZDoom would only break the community even further and the code would become more bloated, unwieldy and unmaintainable than ZDoom's.

Attached: dawn of suicide.png (718x908, 459.67K)

I'd emphasize scripting so that the most mods are compatible with it.

This is what happens when somebody gets too invested in one game/scene for too long. GZ an incompetent, sociopathic, lying and narcissistic cunt.

So… If the goal here is to replace GZDoom with something better yet backward compatible; I think the first thing someone needs to start that project is a spreadsheet of specifically Doom/Doom2 mods listing which tech/features and/or scripting are required. At this point I have no idea if GZDoom is just a glob of Doom+Doom2+Heretic+Hexen+Strife shit glued together by tranny jizz with scripting and OpenGL or what.

If the theoretical infiniD engine ends up capable of running other id Tech games+mods than Doom/Doom2's it would be a happy happenstance.

Attached: waterfox_2018-03-17_04-32-01.png (1867x448, 49.78K)

That track is good.
It reminds me of Unreal.

Lazy to the very end, isn't he?

This is the best kind of Doom in my opinion.

Attached: CD.mp4 (384x288, 2.74M)

what the fuck is that?

So it's Zandronum with OpenGL 2.x? Seems fine.

What do you mean by tech/features? Like "Uses MAPINFO", "Uses ACS", "UDMF", "DECORATE 2.3.0+"?

It's basically that plus support for at least 4 different archive formats, 3 completely different map formats, 4 languages for modifying game behaviour, over 20 special lumps for everything else and god-knows-how-many image and sound formats.

The best option would be to take Zandronum, and fix the OpenGL 2/3 issues, then get ACS/Decorate support to a 2.8.x level since that's were both were depercated by ZScript.

ZScript is still young, it would be best to wait a year or two to see how it pans out yet and if it's even worth trying to add yet another clusterfuck langauge on top of the preexisting special lumps.

As far as I know, NUTS.wad will never be playable with ZScript supported, there's too much overhead in the ZScript VM. You might be able to do it with just Decorate.

The biggest thing though is someone needs to fix/redo the GL renderer and take that away from Graf.

The epitome of autism.

Isn't it supposed to be lower level and faster than DECORATE?

I thought that OpenGL 2 is still supported and is actually faster than OGL 3.

Yes and which actual source engine Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Strife. Apparently GZDoom has something from all of them? If that is true it might help to know.

Is GZDoom using requestAnimationFrame()?

my fucking ass, doom 4 is easier because of that freeze time glory kill that regens health, once you take damage in the other games, thats punishment because you are at the mercy of the map health pickups, i like how he has footage of the first level in doom and expects a fucking challenge
oh yeah, what is quake and it's level design that made it so great, and muh graphix argument is so pathetic

Attached: 062dc8a8cd37e2d57e2868aff99f7745a1b3b6403d2ce8b7ba923c308d4b25f2.jpg (340x565, 35.72K)

Attached: AUGH.gif (320x180, 803.97K)

CRT shaders like in retroarch

I'd be okay with it if it was opt-in.
Then again, there's no fucking need for Vulkan and OGL 4.0 to run Doom, so there's no reason to use the updated GZDoom.

No goy, you don't need to see what we're collecting, just trust us.

pic related

Attached: angry porthos sounds.jpg (722x552, 34.29K)

Just make that fork a libretro core, you'll get all the filters that come with it for free, you also already have a PRBoom port as well as tyrquake.

Depends but I think the easiest if you want it to gain some traction is to prioritize performance and compatibility so getting a GL2/3.3 sorted out and optimized at first is the idea.
Probably then looking into the sound handling since the guy that manages that curretnly comes once in every blue moon and never cleans up afterwards.
After that you can make the hard but fun features like a proper Vulkan renderer geared purely towards performance (AMD will never have a proper MTed driver for OGL but you can at-least fix that by going vulkan but it's not easy)
Probably also some performance stuff you could do in how it handles all the scripting for mods but then you get into making something like luaJIT for xray engine and I don't think that's easy, might get a few pointer by asking people in the emulation, community, they tend to have experience when it comes to recompilers.

The CRT shaders would be opt in so you should be okay with them, silly dog.

Attached: screenshot_2015-01-31mku19.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

why even bother with OpenGL, at best its a stepping stone to Vulkan,
and if you can already do Vulkan, do Vulkan

You wouldn't happen to know what shader/preset that is?

>>>/vg/27332
This is the same server that I've seen in this thread right? Do I just connect the same way?

Yeah, I've only ever seen one other player on it though.

I was first on it during the gamenight way back but yeh I've never seen as many people on as then since.

Nope. It's from a Doomworld thread on the topic.

doomworld.com/forum/topic/71630-doom-with-scanlines/

Attached: screenshot_2015-01-319guqx.png (1920x1080, 2.66M)

Actually no. At higher difficulties, the demons actively hunt you down like niggers after KFC, to the point where if you stop for more than one second, you're guaranteed to be hit. Glory kills give you negligible amounts of HP and doing it over and over won't save you, especially since they give less HP than the enemies take away from you, and even while performing them, you have no invincibility frames, making them an actual risk for a meager reward to keep you alive. The quick pause you're given when doing a glory kill is a blessing because it gives you a second to catch a breathe and look where you have to run off to next in the middle of a fight, especially in tight areas where you fight a lot of demons, which, despite not being a billion like in the originals, are enough to keep the pressure on you at all times. 12 dudes running after you from multiple directions in a small arena is some tense shit.
I'm not kidding, I wish the game didn't break whenever I tried to record gameplay so I could show it through webms.

There's a few minor issues with OpenGL 2, but otherwise it's perfect and is the fastest renderer currently. OpenGL 3 would be nice, but it's super slow and broken out the ass. Graf wants to get rid of OpenGL 2 which would probably mean that Zandronum would eventually follow suit.

I don't know if ZScript is lower level than Decorate, but I have read posts about mods that have slowed to a crawl because of the overhead.

I'm not sure if it is.

tbh OpenGL 3.0 should be thrown out then if it offers no meaningful advance over OGL 2.0, but knowing Graf he won't do that like a nigger faggot he is.

OOGA BOOGA WERE DA SPESS MUHREEN AT?

Akshewuhlee… you're a fucking pleb if you think any game that gives you iframes is difficult. Glory kills give you iframes.

No it fucking doesn't you goddamn troglodyte. Did you even play the fucking game? Of course you didn't.

Do you even know what that means?

False information. I played it myself from beginning to end on Nightmare and saw a few cases where I was killed while performing a glory kill. This happens in the (terrible outsourced) multiplayer too.

To all the people having a hissy-fit about the "telemetry" you're forgetting that it's an open source program (for real, unlike Zandronum or ZDoom which are mired in proprietary shit like FMOD) and you can see exactly what it's reporting. This sort of stat is helpful to determine what the game is actually being run on and whether a feature is actually worth keeping around, see also Dolphin when they dropped x86 support.

Having said that I'm not at all happy if he's gonna discontinue OpenGL 2.1 since I am actually on a toaster, especially not for a game like Doom.

I expect they'd be more likely to add a warning than anything else. Debian has Popcon for instance.

What? git clone the sources and you're golden.

Zandronum without FMOD thanks. That dependency is cancer and limits portability.

I agree, but the OpenAL code is still very broken. I say have both, but make FMOD opt-in. Remove FMOD only when the OpenAL code in ZDoom isn't as broken as Graf's OpenGL code. Chris is just as shitty as Graf is, only his craft is shitty Audio code.

Just to make it clear, OpenAL isn't the issue, other ports use it without any problems. The issue is Chris's implementation is terrible.

What audio issues you're speaking of because I've never noticed any. Video ones, absolutely. I'm the user with that ridiculous "holey" sprite/model issue.

What's his name again?

Attached: literally who.png (100x100, 4.47K)

Geforce Garry?

5 FPS Fritz?

>Doesn't tell the user what it's doing but AFTER it's done sending the data because (((reasons)))

It's more about the attitude and the possible implications of what they truly want with the data rather than what they are saying it's for. They already said they have an (((informed opinion))) on the subject and that they are just doing this as "extra" and every post replying to people who want it toggled off is given the same kind of argument a Microsoft Executive would give you if you told him that you'd never use Windows 10 because it is an invasive and datamining piece of shit.

Autistic Arnold?

Garbage GL Goering

(checked)

Virulent Vulkan Vilhelm

Optimized Orwell

Telemetry Tomas

Christoph "5% FPS Improvement" Oelckers

Attached: 523056857fd8d7a9ed6684ded44e9ba0235d83a6d2c6cc5ccfad82e328c5e3de.png (640x360 215.71 KB, 630.66K)

It should at least notify that it's happening and provide and opt-out, yeah. That's about all. In terms of the collection it is nothing, and you can prove it. It's much more complicated with proprietary software and we know that Microsoft is prone to shady behaviour and collecting infinitely more than this. Graf is simply an incompetent.

Certainly I understand skepticism of any data collection given abusers like Google and Microsoft but there occasionally are good reasons for it. Anonymously determining demand for a particular feature or program is one. As I said, Debian also has popcon (which does the right thing by being opt-in on installation).

Slowdown Shekelberg

The difference is that Graf just looking for any shit reason to justify dropping support for win xp/vista/7 or "the biggest menace" linux slash ganoo
"Look! Only 15% of the users are using those archaic/unpopular systems! Better make sure to prevent GZDoom from launching on such inferior systems!"
Also apply same to non-ogl 4.0 cards/all intel integrated gpus.

There's issues with OPL, there's issues with other anons not getting audio at all, there's issue with various headsets (Which Chris has ignored for 8+ months now, but has the time to shit post in Off-Topic, but can ever be bothered to make any comment), OGG looping was broken, maybe it still is, I don't know because I can't be assed to re-download the latest, and all the other issues that Chris has let pile up and hasn't bothered to comment on. The staff knows, and if they don't know, it's because they've ignored it for so long the reports are either now useless, or no one will bother replying due to the 8+ wait times for a simple fucking acknowledgement.

Randy may have been a trans faggot, but at least his code worked.

The Groof. Groofy. Angry Autistic Fuck (The Donald duck lyrics fit him to a T).

Rodney "Radeons are not supported" Reynolds

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (480x360, 11.27K)

Here's hoping the toaster% is large enough to convince him to change his mind (assuming he doesn't just doctor the results). Dolphin actually did find very few x86 users, and most of them were incorrectly using it on x86-64. I'm baffled though, GZDoom used to use FMOD as well and now it's gutted to GPL, why would he even remove cross-compatibility?

In any case, there's always the nuclear option that exists with any FOSS program: Fork. Which I'm totally for if people want to because I am not totally happy with it in its current state but it's where the action is.

OPL sounds a bit different to Chocolate Doom but it seems to work. The only audio-related issue I've hit is with Fluidsynth music and that was because it was a dev build when they were actively changing it.

Implying anything can convince him, he doesn't even have to disclose the data since it goes to his private server, if he feels like he can give out to the community faked percentage numbers to justify doing whatever the fuck he wants.

You can always hope for someone who is disgruntled to leak the real undoctored results. When Rachael is involved that always seems to happen.

Illiterate "Intel GMAs are not real gpus, you need to buy GEFORCE for 1993's Doom, even if you have laptop!" Ingelbert

Attached: 5992e93871f5dc3800d96ac85a397a9d01c09f44afbeb97d3f5c26d863241067.png (700x700, 10.46K)

7 FPS Schlomo

now that's some really ancient mene
Rodney "Kickass OpenGL code" Reynold
Rodney "GZDoom Geforce review" Reynold
3DGAMEMAN "Crysis 3 is less demanding game than GZDoom, that's why the former runs well while the later doesn't 4u" Graf

Attached: RAPTOR X HARDDRIVE.webm (480x360, 14.22M)

Attached: graf zahl.png (141x133, 10.69K)

Rodney "500GB of OpenGL code review" Reynold
Christoph "Lead bad OpenGL coder" Oelckers
Christoph "please d'nate to my Vulkan GPU funds" Oelckers

"You have a computer that can run two instances of Crysis at once? Too bad, your computer is too old for GZDoom now!"
"I wanted to work on Vulkan renderer and remove this outdated OpenGL altogether but I have to postpone it for a few months, cannot afford Vulkan capable graphic card right now due to financial shortcomings"
Christopher "I've Got 20 Years Experience in the Programing Industry" Oelckers

I think you mean Seven Slides a Second Shlomo

GZDoom: Powerpoint Edition

and what are the wads that are exclusive to gzdoom 3.2x and above?

I want to say High Noon Drifter since it uses a lot of Zscript, but that doesn't sound right.

If you mean wads like megawads and levels, then I don't know since GZDoom specific megawads are a rarity. However, a lot of mods and TCs nowadays use GZDoom, whether they are a newly released mod or being updated to have support for zscript.

Relax, Vulkan is better than OpenGL in every way.

And yet, it requires new hardware, since its meant for new shit like nuDoom dummy.

Attached: nig lib.png (1749x1656, 343.29K)

The problem is that he's locking the engine to ONLY use OGL4.0 and vulkan, with absolutely no support for older hardware or backwards compatibility.

So, just use Chocolate Doom, maff slut.

Attached: 0c3ff913da66495500a356f0f6ee19aaef03b6d86c5295a98b56010832f583a3.png (1638x1701, 558.39K)

Muh mods also the engine doesn't REQUIRE these memes, he's just forcing them in to alienate the community even more.

Hey, maybe that's about to change given recent events.

Why the hell do I even bother with Doom at all? The community is pure garbage and this is just the fucking cherry on top. I don't even know why I got into modding in general, everyone's either some special snowflake traplord demihuman or an utter piece of shit that's impossible to deal with. Political footballism and virtue signalling are so common you'd think you were posting on leftypol, and the success of your project is basically up to how much of who's dick you can take in your ass if you're an unknown. Even cuckchan is basically Doomworld West now. I just want these retards to stop dominating development of one of the easiest to use open source engines. I'd fork the fucking thing myself but honestly the code of ZDoom is such a mess that I'd probably be unable to maintain it without a few months of preparation.

Attached: 1452205239158.png (1130x900, 249.23K)

The doom "community" has a habit of imploding because of fags every once in a while.
Time to go replay Community is falling 3 to remind myself of that

>Community is falling 3
Thanks for reminding me.

Yeah well maybe if the community wasn't so obsessively inclusive of idiots that wouldn't happen.

Attached: 1469865147152.jpg (797x748, 422.39K)

Where could one find a person capable of doing the coding Graf is doing but not shitty and who's also interested in Doom? Aren't there enough disgruntled people who also can code to form a team that makes a better fork? I know this would only end in more drama down the road but what about a crowd funded project. I just want a port that doesn't crash all the time and plays all muh mods. It would also be nice to have people developing who aren't openly hostile to content creators for petty, personal or just downright autistic reasons. Graf is such a fucking sperg.

Doesn't it take literally 0 effort to maintain the game with the current compatibility?

This is Graf we are talking about.

Only if you aren't retarded and don't want to force Vulkan into an 1993 game.

MUH PROGRESS
I fucking hate zdoom forums so much tbh