10 days until this closes

Doing this both as a reminder to fags who still want to buy shit on there, and wanting to verify that there's a repository…somewhere that has all the games saved for future preservation.

Attached: K6QMxT0jRtoOBTOGophoz38NOQ-wELEz.jpg (845x480, 41.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wehackwii.pbworks.com
infogalactic.com/info/List_of_WiiWare_games
archive.is/u783O
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not going to close until next year.

10 days in terms of buying it.

Is this like wii/wii-u PSN?
I was just about to get a Wii-U

How many games/channels have been cracked and archived?

It's the PSN for the Wii. The online servers are already gone (Because they were hosted on Gamespy's servers, so they went when it went), and now Nintendo is prepping to close the store. You can still buy stuff up to the 26th of this month, but they're taking it down completely on January 30th of next year.

That's mainly why I created the thread because I want to know this too.

I expect a completely free replacement on a few weeks, something like FriiWare or whatever.

>It's the PS Store for the Wii.
Don't know why I didn't incorrectly said that.

Friishop, it's a little on the nose, user.

Attached: gaem.jpg (1280x720, 50.49K)

The Dolphin Dev blog has an interesting post related to the Wii Shop and the Wii Network - they managed to get Dragon Quest X Emulation and the Wii's Netcode working to the point where you could play on official servers through the emulator, download OS updates to the emulator as if it were a real Wii, sync your profiles to the emulator to download previously purchased titles as if it were a new Wii, and yes, purchase new titles via emulator as if it were a Wii.

dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/08/23/emulating-dqx-online/

Pretty fucking incredible thing for an emulator to be doing, if you ask me, when seen through the lens of going for "perfect emulation accuracy" rather than strict piracy.

pic unrelated

Attached: 1317579707374.jpg (480x360, 109.49K)

Now that I think of it. I don't remember if the DSiWare games had been archived.

Some have, through freeshop.

For the most part, they're relatively safe because you can still download DSiware games through the 3DS eShop (And, FreeShop is compatible with them).

So many things die in 2018.

Attached: wii theme.webm (640x360, 4.23M)

What good dsiware games were there?

you cocktease

you remember that game you always wanted to play in the wii?
its not cracked and archived

The only shit i could possiby want was the turbo grafx shit, and thats mostly because i was hoping hudson would translate some of the imports. Of course, konami fucked them before that could happen, so now we get untranslated RPGs sold in the fucking wii u store just to make an extra buck.

Wait,wasn't that warioware game with the custom creation minigames dsiware?

Wario ware diy was a retail game, there was some kind of companion app on the wiiware though.

I only ask because i think it used the online ds service and there was a bunch of great lewd mini games made by anons,but they're lost to time forever,sadly.

Is there anything Dolphin can't do?

Attached: matsumoto menu.mp4 (480x480, 263.07K)

What the fuck, why? PSN still has games for the PS3 getting put out on it, why can't Nintendo keep the Wii-U alive for just at least another year?

emulate a good console

Well they have cannibalized the wii-u by taking most of its game to the Switch to keep that console alive. It would be smart on Nintendo's part to take the majority of the Wii U's eshop and dump it in the Switch's, of course making sure the games work and such.

Nice bait

Actually, people still make them on PC with DS emulators and share them with save data.
IIRC you can send the games to a real cartridge with some emulators.

Also is there backups of all the channels so that people can download them for dolphin once it dies?
Is anything missing?

Really? do you know of any places they're shared? i wanna get in on that.

Attached: uncomfortable.webm (1920x1080, 7.24M)

Are Contra Rebirth and Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth still going to be sold on the Wii U/Switch? They're the only games I still desperately want to support. Gradius Rebirth was fantastic, I got a ton of mileage out of that.

What happens to games you purchased in such services when you get banned or service closes?

I've seen collections of them here and there. They're saved as .wad files you can install on a real Wii or run with Dolphin.

This site has a list: wehackwii.pbworks.com It has download links, but most of them are dead so it just serves as a list of what games you can expect to find elsewhere.

I assume they're left downloaded to and playable on your machine. You just wouldn't be able to officially redownload them if you delete them/they corrupt. I could be wrong though.

Try 2ch, or shit, make a Wario Ware DIY thread, it takes like 4 minutes to make a game.

I mainly meant for receiving them,i wanna get some lewdness.

Archive the shit yourself. You can download the wads yourself easily.

I thought they already took this down a couple of months ago?

To answer the question posed in the thread, YES there is a repository, there's a link in the share-thread but I'm not going to post it here 'cuz of what happened last time. However like what >14496394 said, you should archive this shit yourself in the event of hosting failure. Theoretically, you could stick the entire Wii digital library on a single Wii, given that the whole thing comes out to just over 32 GB, which is the largest size of memory card the Wii can handle.

I got a 128 GB microSD formatted to Fat32 in mine and it works fine.

Not every single DSiWare game made it on to the eShop, though. There was a list somewhere.

The 32GB limit for FAT32 partitions is just a Windows limitation. You can use 3rd party partition tools or a non-shit OS to create FAT32 partitions up to 2TB. It's taken me multiple tries/methods sometimes to make a FAT32 drive work in some devices, but I can almost guarantee if a device supports FAT32 that you can stick a larger drive in there.

I should probably add only shitty devices will give you issues. My 3DS and Wii took 64GB SD cards with no issues.

MHTri private servers when

I don't know why Nintendo don't just keep it up.

Because they fucking hate you and want to skin your mother alive.

The Wii U has been discontinued for a while now and the only original Wii consoles being sold right now are the Wii Minis which lack Internet all together, so there is no point in keeping it up.

Leave D&C shill.

What does this even mean?

It means that anons need to stop taking /leftpol/'s fucking bait.

I'm surprised too it can't cost that much to run.

Wait what happened last time?

So what are all the must-play Wiiware games? Was LostWinds any decent?

Attached: i don't think it's a silly question to ask.png (325x198, 50.9K)

Reminder.

Attached: 835332b9241b05f9fc243f0ef01cb3285eb3cbef52afe8cfd007c509cc95fc7e.jpg (3000x2660, 1.83M)

Short answer, some brainlet normalfag fresh from plebbit got to posting the links from the share-thread on his faceberg, and a lot of shit got the DMCA Shoah.

LostWinds was breddy gud, Fluidity's fun, I liked the H*R Telltale stuff, though that's on Steam too by now.

Reminder that the Switch did nothing wrong.

As much as I may be a buyfag (And, somewhat advocate for it), that's a shitty move to pull. Also, just looked in some of the repositories, and it appears that everything is backed up at multiple places far as NTSC Wiiware and VC, but I only found on place that hosted Japanese Wiiware titles.

I don't think Holla Forums really needs a reminder for that.

on a nintendo note,

who is excited for the new mario tennis? looks neat

Attached: feature.jpg (903x472, 70.99K)

Makes more sense, I've seen these people in the GG thread.

Oxymoron.

What did Japan get that the US didn't?

I will never like any Mario Tennis game as much as the GBC one.

infogalactic.com/info/List_of_WiiWare_games
Although, I also wanted to play yhe Japanese version of some titles.

Hope you drones learned your lesson about buying digital

Attached: 1390500280029.gif (240x180, 2M)

Just this.

I remember Pokémon Ranch had an update for platinum that was Japan only

Has anyone played FFCC: My Life as a King or any of DLC. Is it good?

Short answer. At this point in time, no.
Long answer. There was a RUMOR that the ReBirth trilogy (+ a 4th unreleased ReBirth game possibly Jackal that was cancelled back in 2009) was going to ported to Switch. archive.is/u783O

Personally I'm buying CTA:RB in these last few days (I don't own Gradius or Contra), and I'm willing to miss out on them. If the rumored RB trilogy pack does end up on Switch at least it means I wouldn't have to regret rebuying it all while also gaining the bonus of having easy Switch based local multiplayer for Contra.

Remember get games that are ONLY on the WSC. There should be a list somewhere online of WSC exclusive titles.
Lost Winds and it's sequel (which is supposedly pretty decent but only 4 hours long each) is also on Steam/phones. (and probably cheaper as well).

I'm curious if there is any soyboy/nu-male/open mouth gift pictures like this with past console releases? This can't be a 2017 till now phenomena. There HAS to be early instances with different hardware?

Another Nintendo published WiiWare Japan got Line Attack Heroes developed Grezzo (Oot/MM 3D and Ever Oasis devs). Annoyingly enough the game appeared with an English translation at E3 2009 but still didn't get released in the West.

Pole Big Adventure is that bizarre SMB like parody game that SEGA made that is also Japan only.

Might as well ask here since it's Wii focused already: In terms of Wii/Gamecube game homebrew loading, can those work if you have a large enough SD card as storage to load wii games from, or does the storage medium need to be USB based? Or am I just asking a dumb question?

Nintendo actually make good games ergo they deserve your cash. EA makes shit so they don't.

Hey shill

I'm not a shill I'm telling you that if you don't pay for good games - like the ones Nintendo is producing - they will stop making good games. Online only and lootboxes are pushed to combat piracy.

Hey shill

Not an argument.

Repeat some more shill bullshit

Why do you cuckchan shits insist on coming into every Nintendo thread and derailing it? Honestly I'm interested.

Filtered and reported.

>>>/cuckchan/

Go back to cuckchan you cringy political normalfag

Yeah, no.

Attached: soytendo1.jpg (1800x1079, 546.99K)

No, you leave. >>>Holla Forums

Attached: leftypol_forgetting_about_IDs.png (1400x1200, 306.03K)

Sonyggers sure enjoy projecting

Nintencucks sure are gigantic console war faggots.

Only defending ourselves tbh.

Attached: zelda downgrade.jpg (1527x936 94.74 KB, 610.88K)

I pity plebs.

Nobody actually believes screenshots of lush grasslands with huge draw distances, right? Right?

they had videos

You don't believe pre-release doctored footage, do you?

Same difference.