Iron Harvest thread

archive.is/PcXkQ (Kickstarter page)

>Now, a few years after the Great War, (((secret forces))) are working towards the destabilization of Europe, determined to set the world on fire and seize control.

What are Holla Forums's thoughts about modern RTS? Can this game redeem the genre, given that lelic isn't involved?

Is this a CoH mod?

Visually it's pretty awesome but I'm not convinced. They say it'll have base building but if it's going to be as restricted as in CoH then it's pointless. Maybe the single player campaign will be worth it but I wouldn't back this, even if I wasn't wary of kickstarters.

wew

Non-embed.

Attached: Iron Harvest - Kickstarter Trailer_360p_30fps_vp9_opus_64kbits.webm (640x360, 9.67M)

Attached: 1402088484840.png (780x1196, 1.04M)

those wolf eyes remind me of a guy getting his dick sucked innawoods

the game will be shit because it's not gook clicker clone the third

Attached: 15ca8c1b7d7cafcc98b93f47b30355df668b342a.jpeg (679x382, 55.84K)

Attached: die.jpg (358x429, 112.09K)

Must suck being illiterate.

The Kickstarter page mentions completely separate development of GUI and control schemes for PC and console if you scroll down a bit. Here's hoping that promise actually stands, would most likely drive a lot of people off if it didn't.

Last time that happened we got R.U.S.E.

Last time that happened we got Halo Wars 2

Wait they made another one of those?

Yes xbone and w10 only.

Since it's kikestarter i can't wait for bolsheviks to be the good guys.

no

Attached: crowdfunding.webm (1920x1080, 2.28M)

does that RTS have any non-automatic special abilities for any unit?

I don't like having to frantically click between units to click their hotkeys and also target certain units or the ground with their abilities; that isn't fun

also, does that RTS have really, really, really relatively fast units, such as aircraft in total annihilation?

Russia is not commie in that timeline

when will you learn

We got a few decent games from Kickstarter in the past, user. Divinity Original Sin was Kickstarter FFS.

Crowd funding is a much better way than dealing with the gems at EA and Ubisoft.

having to outmicro opponents, partially by using special abilities better tha them, is part of the fun of rts games. it is fun to many folks, you just suck ass. tl;dr git gud

They made 3 successfull games on kickstarter

out of 30 billion

No thank you, and don't give my any bullshit about how Starcraft 1 was also on consoles or some stupid shit, there's a blatant difference between a strategy game made for PC and ported to consoles and a strategy game made to be multiplat from the ground up.

Attached: 1517291935363.jpg (233x246, 17.25K)

Just throw money into a fire and take pictures. At least you'd get a half decent thread out of it.

Don't fuck this up I swear to fuck fuck cunt shit nigger

Attached: 1360713255254.gif (280x200, 1.88M)

Fuck dude

Three out of three
Stop being a salty kike

Well, as long as we're talking Tiberian Sun, sure.

Yeah, or Tiberian Dawn, or Tiberium Wars.

TS was the peak though, it still has so much that has not been matched by later RTS.

It sure had great atmosphere and worldbuilding, but the gameplay left something to be desired, what with Nod being dogshit in comparison to GDI and most multiplayer matches boiling down to disruptor/mammoth + carryall rushes. The game would need elements from all three.

Balance was pretty shit, but as a whole the game still is miles ahead of (almost) anything released later. Deformable terrain, asymmetrical but interesting factions, ion storms, fauna, hell even the blue tiberium being volatile. It was hardly perfect but it was a rather natural evolution for the genre. Sadly it stopped there and was never evolved past that, nowadays we still get static plain maps.

Best attempt at evolving the genre after TS was Maelstrom, which, as shit as the base gameplay was, did some very impressive stuff. Sadly nobody else seems interested in doing so, either games go the RTT way (e.g. MoW) or they at best do something like Grey Goo with faction differences (Grey Goo didn't do it any better than Earth 2150 many years ago, however).

Deformable terrain sucked though. It was badly implemented and one blast capable of deforming the ground made a good chunk of buildable ground on your base unusable, on top of slowing down vehicles. Everything else is good.

The thing that sticks in my mind was a mission trying to get past mobile arty nod had. No matter how fast the unit was moving, or even what direction, the arty shell would always hit the unit. Even if it was on the other side of the screen to the projectile graphic landing.

Nod's artillery was broken in base Tiberian Sun because it was stronger than Juggernauts and never missed. Firestorm fixed them a bit to make them miss moving targets.
And there were multiple missions with those pieces of shit actually.

I was actually hyped on it…
Until I saw the first gameplay
What a shitgame