Failed New I.Ps/games people forgotten

The Order 1886
I swear. I think more people remember Ryse: Son of Rome and Rise of Nightmare than Order 1886. And those are Kinect/Xbox one exclusives. Was it really that bad? I know it looked like a walking Sim with bad third person shooting but still.

I legitimately forgot about that not saints row game until that user made the clearance sale post.

Attached: Capture.PNG (999x509, 311.95K)

Hellgate London

An ARPG made by former Blizzard North employees that tried to appeal to everyone and ended up mediocre at best.

Attached: Hellgate-London-Female-Templar-1021.jpg (1920x1080 146.93 KB, 632.79K)

I will forever wonder what the actual fuck they were thinking with 1886. They created a setting with immortal knights of the round table hunting down vampires and werewolves and managed to put in like 6 total werewolf enemies in a 4 hour game. Dedicating the rest to shooting generic grey dressed soldiers.

Some part of me hoped that year would be the year that other monsters (that year being werewolves in particular) would dislodge zombie games from prominence. What with 1886 and Bloodborne. But while Bloodborne at least swerved into an awesome Old Gods setting, 1886 just swerved into a pile of tepid shit.

Never trust rendered trailers.

I was hyped because I expected the game to look like this. Instead we got a mess with stupid humour, ugly gear and MMO gameplay in a post-apocalypse of all things.

Biggest irony with hellgate London is that the tie in comics/manga were better than the main game.

well it was a graphically superior game to anything in the market at the time and still holds up
gameplay wise thou its another cover shooter
story and characters were pretty good but it didnt lead up to anything or evolve enough

I believe that 1886 was a tech demo with a price tag, wasn't meant to go anywhere or do anything other than show off what the console could do.

That been done better.

Attached: Rise of Nightmares - Ballerinas Boss Battle Gameplay (Xbox 360, Kinect).webm (853x480, 15.46M)

I agree with your assessment, they fucked up by charging full price. I bought it new for 5 dollars to qualify my different order for free shipping when I couldn't think of anything else to buy and though it a future replacement case. Had they came out at 20 dollars, no one would have said much.

Vid related related was suppose to spawn a franchise, but they got shit for development time.

From what i've heard, the game ends on a cliffhanger, and they wanted to port the fucker to PC, but Sony told them to fuck off. No, it's obvious that they wanted it to go SOMEWHERE, anywhere, but it just didn't.

all it took was a iranian? pretty sure his parents were jew who stated rich blacks commit more crime than poor whites.

"But was it really that bad???"
Like fucking clockwork.

Yes it was. /thread

Just practicing with ffmpeg and seeing how much speed and lag in frames affect the output quality.

Attached: Hellgate London - Cinematic Trailer [HQ].webm (640x360, 15.62M)

Shit. From a trailer like that, I'd expect a big stylish action game like Devil May Cry or maybe Prototype.

I think people would be willing to put up with the game's issues for nostalgia, but censoring Jontron for having doubleplusungood opinions eliminated any goodwill they had.

I knew it was a kinect game that controlled like ass, but the gameplay is painful to even look at.
I wonder how horrible it must have been to make a game bound to that gimmicky crap.

Attached: catgrill shock.png (670x647, 342.69K)

Hype is a mental illness.
Cure yourself, so you won't be exploited anymore.

Always check for who makes the games.
Not the companies or studios. The individuals.
Cucks and leftists can never make a good game, and finding out information about them can lead to pretty accurate indicatives that their games will be shit.

The worst part of rise of nightmare, is that it had a great art style and character design that been wasted on Kinect. Even the story wasn’t that bad for a game inspired by B movies.

Even more of a shame then. Since the developer is sega, it should be possible for them to just give the game normal controls and release it on PC, like Dark Dreams Don't Die was.

I will never not be mad about this game becoming what it did.

Level design wise rise of nightmare was a arcade throw back. There spikes and blades in rooms because gameplay reasons. Sadly gameplay suck because Kinect. Rise of nightmare had as much potential as the order 1886.

Not with that shit FOV and aspect ratio.

that game looked so good, why did it turn out like it did?

(((Market Research,))) vid related.

Death by focus group. Seems some stupid kids said it should look more realistic and grown-up, because that cartoony style is for babies! Because everyone knows TF2 was a total flop, you know?

Attached: its very grown up.jpg (1280x722, 72.45K)

Because their focus group were a bunch of CoD-chugging 12-year olds who thought the game was too cartoony and not 'cool' enough. It's worth looking up if you feel like getting mad.

Attached: 8d84bfd41eeb874654acd3eea1bab4b0d5670da2a762cff4d8fee5f172b335a3.jpeg (1074x1076, 163.02K)

Crackdown, even though a new one is coming. Great potential but MS are shit tier at managing their exclusives.

that would be amazing if it wasn't kinect

The director of the game was a failed movie director who just wanted to make that, movies. The game embodies the 'cinematic experience' meme for a reason.

Attached: cinematic experience.png (548x197, 12.81K)

You're not allowed to make le quirky games unless you're Blizzard and the international publisher cabal will make sure that any attempt otherwise will be dealt with accordingly.

The PlayStation has been able to play movies since 2000.

Is it? Xbox direct didn’t even mention it. Hell Xbox direct barely mention games beyond sea of thieves.

As bad as Microsoft handle its first party games. At least Gears of war 4 and halo 5 were actual games. Cinematic experience is killing gaming.

It's been "coming soon" for 2 years now with multiple hard release dates that were changed. I have a hard time believing it's ever actually coming out.

edgy incredibles
what was the actual gameplay like?

Let it fucking die. Maybe the normalfags will go away and find something else to ruin.

Fuck you. I love my musical theory the way it is.

You didn't see the final product, did you?

An incredibly generic third-person shooter with troubled, edgy main characters and underutilized gimmicks. Did I mention generic?

That was beautiful. Even for something as silly and blatantly commercial as a kiddy TV series, the nips know how to make the audience feel appreciated. It's like the "thank you for playing" after a game's credits.

Attached: manly_tears.jpg (447x599, 40.19K)

What the fuck of name is that?
Also, if he was a Pedowood worshiper, it is better that everything that he tries to do fails.

I hate how the audience is pretty much mute for most of the show.
Those fucks are so conditioned to not be loud or expose themselves, that when they can, in a relaxing manner, in a show that they paid for, they don't.
What kind of human being does not scream or at least gets a little carried away when they are told by their idols to scream?

It didn't helped this game was one of the most boring things I ever played.

Attached: kingdoms.png (600x300, 479.59K)

You know your game is a dud when the legal drama surrounding it was more interesting.

this?

Attached: TLOU - movie(no spoilers).webm (1280x720, 1.19M)

This one actually has me butthurt.
Damn, I wonder if Denis Dyack is ever going to make it or if he has quit or something.

Attached: slain by feral stranger.png (685x235, 186.15K)

When you partied with other people, everything about the enemy was multiplied by the number of people in the party. Both hit points and damage.

Why are they like this?

Attached: 38d2072fed9733af4ee93e04d7008fb609375c96ccaf942876b04aa60d57755c.jpg (508x508, 70.49K)

pointing out the truth is racis

If leftists were smart they wouldn't be leftists.

Source? I never found the actual stats for it.

I was talking about Order 1886 pulling that shit. Didn't know last of us also did the same thing, but it shouldn't be surprising where "cinematic games" are concerned. I'm curious now what other games also pull this cheap trick.

im actually not sure what the problem is with it. its cheesy, but isnt it kinda supposed to be? not defending the games, just the "gunshot fade to black" meme.

All I remember about it was single player online pass.

The Order 1886 was made to have a sequel and the whole game has some graphical issues. Also the game get interesting at the end of the game.
Not really a good start when it comes to cinematic gameplay or whatever one wants to call these sorts of games.

Attached: 1467969041047.png (500x373, 195.65K)

Can't say I do.

Attached: Remember me 5.jpg (1920x1080 336.43 KB, 1.52M)

I never thought "techno-templar ass" would be a phrase that would make me sad.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (620x388, 617.23K)

I bet you clap when the pizza guy asks for a tip.

Lawbreakers had 1 player about an hour ago. Even less players than the train wreck that is MvCi. ONE FUCKING PLAYER in a multiplayer game.

Attached: fucking fail.jpg (748x680, 122.89K)

Trina Alghest is an anagram for "Hitler again", or Hitler Gains

I do miss the Earth 21XX series. Too bad they had to drive it into the ground with 2160.

Also, what are the chances we will ever see another Mirror's Edge title?

Attached: bombardment.jpg (960x720, 112.39K)

How? Can you play with bots or something?

They went on to make better things user :^(

Attached: Dawn_Steam_Out_Banner_ENG.png (220x247 194.38 KB, 21.26K)

Man, i remember REALLY wanting that game for some reason, then when i tried it, turned out to be just another CINEMATIC experience

I don't remember this at all.

They tried to hard to appeal to the demographic of "12-year-olds who play PEGI 16-rated games"

Doubt we will see another title, it already took years for a sequel to happen after the original. I haven't seen anyone talk about that sequel since it came out, so it fits this thread.

I like the aesthetic at least. I miss that short period where games trying to look like comic books was a trend.

I'd be legitimately surprised if the chinks haven't turned his ass into lo mein yet.

EA was the publisher and Insomniac likely dragged its feet during production, which if you're familiar with EA's desire to protect its money, results in them being able to wrestle control of the project away from the developer to try to make up for missed milestones.

IIRC Before the Storm was made by a different studio.