Games you want to play but can't enjoy

Basically anything real-time strategy. I love the WW2 setting and WH40k but my brain can't deal with juggling multiple groups of dudes on a map so Company of Heroes and Dawn of War are lost on me. The closest I can come to an RTS style game would be Sins of a Solar Empire but only because that game is slow as fuck. I would play SINs more but it can take literal days to complete a single map and I don't have the time to dump into a game like that nowadays.

Attached: spam the blimps.jpg (640x480 434.9 KB, 82.12K)

Fighting games since the characters I'm most excited about while waiting for release usually end up shit tier.

Any final fantasy game, or almost any traditional JRPG, i feel like i'm going to have to grind for tiny/boring rewards like simply beating a boss, I guess tying the gameplay to the story just annoys my autism. Your character and/or party feels really weak and bland, or generic, orjust a story piece instead something made or built by the player. I actually enjoy grinding in Diablo and Disgaea, but the majority of these games feel so restrictive or not engaging for the grind.

Attached: p.jpg (480x360 121.71 KB, 33.33K)

Diablo 2 Skelemancer is literally Skeleton Walking Simulator, besides if you have 154 skeleton mages I don't think any strategy is involved at any point any more

The good thing about Diablo 2 was the variety in playstyles, some aggressive and some passives, it's the only Game to do summons correctly, Path of Exile comes close though.

I cant stand bullet-hell games but the story and setting looks interesting

Attached: undertale.png (640x480, 8.71K)

There are maybe two enemies in the game that barely even approach bullet hell territory and everything else has like one projectile max.

I really doesn't matter since you suck at fighting games anyway.

I wanna eat shit but it doesn't taste good :((((((

How's it feel to be a brainlet, OP?

YOOKA LAYLEE

WORDS CANNOT. FUCKING. EXPRESS, THE BURNING UNHOLY HOT WHITE VITRIOL FLARING INTENSELY INSIDE MY MORTAL BODY. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FUCKING GAME, THE ENTITY THAT REVIVED COLLECTATHONS, BUT INSTEAD IT FUCKING SHATTERED ALL HOPES OF GAMERS OVER THE GLOBE WITHOUT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL FOR RECOVERY. THE FUCKING MASTERMINDS WHO REVOLUTIONIZED DONKEY KONG AND CHANGED THE FACE OF VIDEO GAMES FOREVER ARE NOW DOING THE EXACT GOD DAMNED OPPOSITE BY HAVING THEIR BENT THUMBS UP THEIR BRAINDEAD BRITISH ASSES AND TURNING IT COUNTER CLOCKWISE TO APPEASE THEIR DISGUSTING TRANNY MASTERS. OH HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN, AND HOW HARD THEY'VE FALLEN AT THAT.

I CAN'T TELL YOU, I CANNOT EVEN VISUALLY MANIFEST THIS BITTER, SORDID, RANCID, VOLUMINOUS, RAGE WITH WORDS OR ACTIONS. IT TEARS AWAY DIRECTLY AT THE HEART OF ALL MEN, IT EATS AWAY AT MY SKIN LIKE A MUSLIM WOMAN AFTER DISOBEYING HER GOAT FUCKER OF A HUSBAND.
ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE FORMULA OF BANJO KAZOOIE, THEY JUST NEEDED TO JERK THEIR ITTY BITTY DICKLETS A LITTLE BIT HARDER AND KEEP IT UNIFORM, ROUTINE AND SIMPLE, INSTEAD OF THE THE BACKTRACKING, CONVOLUTED, IRRITATING, DESOLATE PIECE OF DRIED FUCKING NEGRO SHIT THAT WAS Y O O K A - L A Y L E E.

THE MAIN DESIGNS LOOKS LIKE GEX'S INBRED RETARDED BROTHER AND A PURPLE PIECE OF SHIT THAT FORCEFULLY CAME OUT OF COUNT CHOCULAS PROLAPSED ASSHOLE. THEY LOOK LIKE THEY'LL GIVE THE PROBLEM SOLVERZ A SEIZURE TO HOW INSULTING THEY ARE IN THE EYES OF ALL ARTISTS, EVERY SINGLE BAD ART DIRECTION DURING NUTS AND BOLTS DEVELOPMENT GOT CHEWED OUT, SPIT OUT, INSERTED INTO A BLOODY DILATED TRANNY PUSSY AND SHAT OUT TO MAKE THE "WONDERFUL" "FANTASTIC" "NOSTALGIC" DESIGNS THAT EWKA LALEY HAD.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE VOICES, HOW COULD YOU THE CREATORS OF HA-HYUCK GA-HYUCK HYUCK FORGET HOW THE GIBBERISH GLOBBLEDYGOOK SOUNDS LIKE? WHICH ONE OF MUHAMMADS CAMELS FUCKED YOU SO HARD IT DAMAGED YOUR BRAINCELLS, YOU BRITISH SACKS OF WHITE ESTROGENIC GUILT?
THE WORLDS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TINY AND COMFORTABLE, THE MUSIC NEEDED TO BE MEMORABLE, NOT SOY BASED UKELELELELELE, I COULD PRACTICALLY FEEL THE INSIPID SPITE THE "DEVS" PROJECTED ONTO THIS DIRREAH DRIZZLED, PUS PAMPERED WORK OF "'ART"', FROM THE SELF-IMMOLATING HUMOR, TO THE GARBAGE REPLACEMENTS OF DR. POZ AND THE DRUMF BEE, ALL THE WAY TO THE FUCKING HUB WORLD. IT'S ALL SIN, ALL OF IT.

VERY FEW OF YOU UNDERSTAND, I DIDN'T ONLY GROW UP ON RAREWARE, I AM RAREWARE, I WAS BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT, AND EXPERIENCING SOMETHING SO BADLY EXECUTED IS NOT ONLY AN INSULT FOR ME THE PLAYER, BUT FOR EVERY SINGLE PERSON READING THIS AND THEIR EXISTENCE AS A WHOLE.

HOW DARE YOU, HOW DARE YOU CALL THIS A "RARE-VIVAL" YOU PLACCID WITTOLS, THIS IS THE TRUE DEATH OF RARE. THIS IS HOW I KNOW VIDEOGAMES ARE DEAD. IF YOU'RE READING THIS STEVE, GREG, GRANT, KILL YOURSELVES. YOUR TIME IS UP, IT WASN'T MICROSOFT YOU INCOMPTENT TWATS, IT WAS YOU THE ENTIRE TIME, YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM THE CONSEQUENCES, YOU ARE PAST YOUR PRIME, YOU NO LONGER BRING ANYTHING NEW, FRESH AND EXCITING TO THE TABLE, AND INSTEAD YOU BRING THE TIRED OF SLABS OF SHIT THAT EVERYONE ELSE OUTSIDE YOUR CIRCLE IS CHOKING DOWN. YOU AREN'T UNIQUE, YOU AREN'T LOVED, YOU ARE AS MEDIOCRE AS THE REST OF THE FAGGOTS RAPING VIDEOGAMES, AND NOTHING MORE YOU DO IS GOING TO FIX THAT. EVER.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Attached: 3572172703_bd90eda22f_z.jpg (634x822 194.75 KB, 446.43K)

Going to have to second what said. I actually really liked the game (inb4 >back to tumblr/reddit/cuckchan), but it is nowhere near a "bullet hell". Unless you've the reaction time of a sloth, you can easily learn the patterns and get through most bosses/fights without too much trouble. That's not to say I don't think it's fun, but it's nowhere near as hard as what would normally be called a bullet hell game. If you like the setting, I'd say give it a shot for sure. Don't let that one aspect hold you back from it, it's pretty cheap and I personally enjoyed it quite a lot.

kill yourself

Standard book of replies chapter 7 right?

What the fuck has been going on with this board in the past few months?
Perfectly fine threads like this one keep getting sagebombed by faggots like these who make no valuable addition.
This isn't a template thread, this isn't a random shitpost, this a normal fucking thread. I think it's the same few people doing it as well, because it's always the same shit.
ur a fag xD

Why don't you niggers stop cooning and post in a thread you like instead of shitting the place up like cuckchan refugees?

Attached: How could this be happening to me.jpg (1800x1578, 212.37K)

Well, this thread is off to an excellent start I must say.

We've been getting raided by these guys for quite a while now. I don't know where exactly they're coming from, but it's been a steady background noise of shitposters trying to derail every thread. Just filter and move on. Polite sage.

oh excuse me, arbiter of quality, I didn't realize I was defiling your sanctuary

Damn man, if game developers these days had even half of your passion, we wouldn't have anything to bitch about on this board.

So a 5/10?

I feel your pain OP.

Although I'm able to handle multiple units and utilize tactics decently, my APM simply never improves and I always find myself getting outmaneuvered by opponents or cheating AI. It's like playing an FPS with stunted reflexes; you can understand exactly what it takes to play well but if you can't react quickly enough there's no way to really get better.

The few times I've played an RTS and felt on top of things was so stressful that it sapped most of the fun out of witnessing any of the big battles, since I had to spend so much energy micromanaging shit every second.

This thread pops up every once in a while and the usual answer is always RTSs.

OP if you ever get the chance, try out a Pikmin game. I never liked the more serious RTS games but I adored Pikmin. You can emulate the first one pretty well and it's gamecube so an xbox controller will do the job

I can't into SRPGs, at all. They all look so fun and have good looking characters but I just can't into turn based SRPGs.
Tried Disgea, Summon Night, FF Tactics and SRW.

The worst thing is SRW. I know moon, I love mecha and I LOVE the animations and interactions between the characters but the gameplay just bores me to tears.

Attached: super robot wars_alteisen_fire_mecha_no humans_.jpg (1000x722, 171.93K)

SN is real time and hack and slash, not turn based, or did you play the psp one?

Swordcraft Story is real time, and it's the spin-off. Main series Summon Night are SRPGs that originated on the PS1.

Attached: 1430134841533.png (300x300, 16.58K)

Very even-handed take, all things considering.

I didn't know this.

Attached: 15b2f6715d802b57933569115ea5a472625b5e409ea3a449b3bb93c8caa6dc6b.png (394x369, 147.4K)

There are more spin-offs that aren't SRPGs, though Swordcraft Story are the most fun if you ask me.

There's a DS game which is interesting to play, and there's a PS2 game that lets you control two characters I think.

Attached: SNTA.png (640x574, 600.65K)

I like RTS games, but multiplayer is cancer. Since they are games, and are limited by that fact, at any time there is a meta game. Meaning you basically have to apply a preset strategy to a T through some boring spreadsheet bullshit to even have a chance. The maps are always small as shit too. Add onto that everyone wants to play in turbo mode which means your troops pretty much auto resolve any conflict they are in.

Attached: 1360145796104.png (297x217, 54.08K)

Leading by example is for faggots apparently. Being puzzled by a picture of a hack & slash while talking about strategy games also equates to "ur a fag xD" too apparently.
Neck yourself idiot.

Attached: fuckouttahereyoudonkey.png (840x420, 470.21K)

solution; play with a friend who isn't an obnoxious meta fag

Attached: 1435127200728-0.jpg (500x500, 40.6K)

Chrono Cross

you've never met one person in your entire life that you've played a video game with more than once?

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (630x462, 53.48K)

Just play/practice against the AI, i've had soo much fun playing against the AI of warcraft 2 combat edition and Starcraft. Or just play online once a day, that way you're not swamped with bad games and cake take time to see what you did wrong.

Any online game.
Never been able to bring myself to go online. Hell, I even bought Splatoon for fifteen bucks and never played anything past the Singleplayer.
It's just that video games are supposed to be calm and stress-free, they're supposed to be escapism.

Attached: 8f41d17c53cc37def93e8446036cbb3f1bd7a0ed04dd9725341d7726b72e8874.jpeg (717x960, 73.36K)

As someone who hates online and gets shot nerves from competitive battles, I can say turf wars in splatoon are mostly free of that stress you speak of. Aim can matter, sure, but you can absolutely spend the battle avoiding conflict and painting shit behind everyone's back and you'll actually be a deciding factor in the victory. That, and 3 minute battles keep things painless when you're getting steamrolled.
In fact, it's the only example I can think off where the coop mode (salmon run in 2) is more stressful than the competitive one.

I don't know how alive the first one is though.

Attached: cat birman kitten.jpg (236x247, 8.82K)

I didn't have a large bank of RTS pictures so I just post ones with lots of shit on the screen

preddy bad :(

Particularly the build order fucks me up. There's shortcuts you can use to build things faster but I'm the sort to navigate through menus. Brainlet comments withstanding,I think its one of those cases where I'd probably do better if I thought less and did more.

I played one match of CoH with a friend where he took the roll of pushing and I played defense and long range support. He kept getting pissy at me for not pushing far enough but when my artillery hit. Boyo, let me tell you…

I got really frustrated one time in a DoW40k working on my ORK build/early cap phase for a baby's first map and kept getting torn up by SPACE MAHREENS. Were the ORKz gimped in that game or what?

Attached: 56875_981b84fff978e7f25c034a9800659399.jpg (720x900, 132.03K)

Zelda. Am I stupid, or is the fun of the game 3D puzzles?

there still is some decision making involved
some enemies have spells or projectiles that go through your skeletons, and avoiding them can mean not dying

I'd like to play WCIII and starcraft, but the units having manually-activatable special abilities and having hero units that level up makes it non-fun, especially if theres creeps on the map

keeping up with combat, base building, and research and such and doing it fast is complicated enough as it is, but then I have to keep up with special abilities that target the ground or specific units that I'm not already targetting too?

theres a reason that starcraft was called gookclick, and its not just because of of the south koreans

WCIII is even worse in that regard because of the hero units

Wind Waker was the last playable game in the series. Why anybody thinks it's fun to keep playing the same story over and over again to kill the same villain over and over again is beyond me. Nintendo is so bad with that.

I suppose, but it certainly wasn't enjoyable. You want the last fun Zelda? Link's Awakening. It's also the best one.

Every game set in Ivalice (Final Fantasy). I won each game set in Ivalice, but I cannot enjoy the game world enough to finish them.

I don't have time to play games. :(

I really,REALLY want to get into it,but every time i try i usually end up getting fucked by walking the wrong way into a bunch of super mutants,weapons too weak to even kill radscorpions,or just simple bad luck.

Attached: ro1.jpg (1680x1050, 695.02K)

How can you suck at such an easy game? Literally all the early quests are easy as hell.

I remember my last attempt ending in death because i random encountered a shitload of rad scorpions
It didn't seem easy to me.

You can get the guy with the biker jacket from like the first town and dogmeat very early in-game, they make everything easier. Not to mention that you can save as much as you want.

Must have missed those.

LAMO le updooted m'fellow good redditeur of fine taste and EPIN MENES. ( ☉ ʖ ☉)( ☉ ʖ ☉)( ☉ ʖ ☉) XDDDD put me in the screencap for the EBIC LULZ HAHAH grrr >:( le raeg faec amirite?!?

Clearly you did, companions are essential to get through this game.

Fallout 1
tried to go in blind but the gameplay feels slow and enemies kick my ass and I'm not sure what to do

Read on where and how to find companions, get them early.

It seems like a pointless whiny thread. It's not "perfectly fine" by any standard. I mean it's not worse than the standard Holla Forums thread but it's not something that warrants someone defending it either.

Not every case of seeing posts you don't like are raids you paranoid fuck.

I don't know, i hardly played those since they either had no base building or didn't bother to learn the game.

I feel like charm and charisma can't compensate over whatever the fighting/survival attributes are, as obvious as that sounds. Is there even any advantage to playing a feminine woman in the game?

Just a few different dialogue choices and an easier time persuading people. It's worth noting that you can beat the entire game several ways using nothing but stealth and/or speech checks, if you know what you're doing.

You could try SWINE, Myth or Original War, they're all kinda offbeat RTS that don't constantly flood you with information.

Why do I see this game everywhere now?

Attached: doctor_sleepy_negro.png (350x486, 206.23K)

It was just announced to be ported to the Switch, so fans and shitposters alike are buzzing around again.

What, i've beat the game solo with only having NV experience beforehand.
and just need to read a bit of info about stats and aimed shots (even though i didn't even know about them until F2).

I beat the game going sniper and speech, first pump up the guns skill to 100%, and then went full energy weapons.
Don't hesitate to loot everything, make multiple saves, and LEARN WHEN IT'S SAFE TO ENGAGE AND WHEN TO RUN.
You can't bullshit around and toy with the AI, and they pack a punch.

Also, you can go easy mode by doing this, i suggest finding out by yourself, but if you are struggling, read this:
Follow the brotherhood of steel quests, they give you good armor that nullifies a lot of hit from trash enemies, and they have a lot of good weapons.
First quest is a bitch to get to, but you can get around easily if you are cautious and prepare yourself with A LOT of anti-rad items

I love big rpg-sandbox games and in the past I legitimately beat games like Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 / NV.

I really want to enjoy Fallout 4 any Witcher Game and/or Kingdom Come but it just feels like the whole concept is dead to me.

Attached: wwb.jpg (533x340, 29.6K)

There's only so many hundreds of hours you can spend doing nothing before you get bored.

something about fallout 4. it seemed to have everything that would make it an amazing game on paper but in execution ended up being the most boring shit for me. but it could also be im just tired of adventuring shoot and loots at this point

Could you fuck back off to 4chan or wherever you cancerposters come from? Shitposting all over perfectly normal threads isn't "cool" or "edgy." It just makes you cancer.

Why? It's so inefficient. Certainly you can remember a few shortcuts. It really speeds up and improves your performance in any game to be adept with the mechanics.

Attached: 1382407008322.jpg (1120x1120, 215.75K)

Make you character be able to reason, talk, fight in melee, and you may want him to be able to use a gun. How is that so difficult?

Attached: 1520753385651.jpg (1000x562, 130.49K)

Souls/Bloodborne games
I tried Dark Souls and recently Bloodborne but I can't play that type of shit.

We are two of soul.

Cute

…is that a boy?

I hope not

The puzzles were not bad in TP, remembering the ice block ones, specifically…trying to think of others. The fast down-stream boat game where you shot balloons with bomb arrows was pretty fun, too. And the one where you fly from like a thousand feet up on a cuccoo.

Not the most original, thematically, but not an unplayably bad game if you ask me. Worth emulating, perhaps. I should play through it again soon now that Dolphin has gotten much better recently.

Because you're always here? I have the same problem.

This pose must be nice IRL.

It's a lesbian.

Kinda lame tbh. Really killed a lot of the enjoyment for me.

4chan leaking more reddit crossposters that think imageboard culture means being super hostile because they read about it on knowyourmeme.

I feel more or less the same way about them. I suck at most of them, specially slow-but-must-go-fast RTS like AOEII. Best i can do is fighting hard AI on housing-minimal RTS like Cossacks. And i feel it's too late for me to git gud at them in 2018, with all the pros patrolling the multiplayer.
That doesn't mean i can't enjoy them, though, because they're the only strategy games that can satiate my city/army building and civ stat autism. Every other strategy game just feels like a battle-oriented JRPG or the differences between civs and characters don't really matter.

Attached: 49025587fb5a9bdaaae0f6a7b212e115844f0931762ef68da0769b2cdd40721b.jpg (2736x2052, 456.8K)

Tell us how you really feel

Life.

Attached: maxresdefault(78).jpg (960x720, 40.73K)

Wrong chan mate.

Attached: th(5).jpg (474x419, 33.56K)

Pretty much every game. Sometimes a game looks interesting and I thing about buying it but then I realize I could just watch a stream on twitch or a let's play on youtube and waste less time.

Most all online games have a matchmaking system that's based on an elo-rating. So, if you're horrendous, you'll only run into people that are equally awful and terrible.

I don't think that's just you getting bored, I felt the same and I've still been enjoying going back through games like New Vegas. There's so much good about the game that should work, but doesn't because Bethesda are lazy and awful. "Reddit" formatting to be more easily read:

Building settlements lets you make your own towns or house and customize it how you'd like - but you're severely limited without mods and the game basically forces you to focus on this and pigeonholes you into making the bare minimum to just spam towns everywhere for quests (Railroad and Minutemen both want the same for different reasons).

Weapon customization and the crafting from any materials should allow you to tweak your guns and make your own personalized equipment, as well as making junk items serve a purpose aside from set dressing - only a handful of guns can actually be modified beyond just basic upgrades and choice of scopes/barrel attachments, and the junk materials basically just incentivize you to hoard trash. (I still like the junk crafting a bit, though. It adds a little bit of the scavenger feeling to the game.)

There's wasted potential all over, the graphics are far better than previous Fallout titles but it still just all looks like muddy brown and green and grey all over the majority of the map. The music is absolutely amazing but outside of the sequence where you leave Vault 111 there's no emotional impact because of shit writing. The gunplay is fun as hell but scaling enemies just mean every fight devolves into you plinking away at bullet sponges or tanking hits in your power armour. The Power Armour feels really cool and powerful but there's so many fusion cores scattered about that you can just use it infinitely and be a walking tank the entire game (and you get it so fucking early on). Then there's just the absolute abortive aspects of the game; voiced protagonist and solidified backstory removes all ability to roleplay (and limits modding, Bethesda's only saving grace), you literally cannot be an evil character in the game no matter what, the factions are all retarded in their goals (except the Brotherhood), there's ZERO way to complete the game without sucking one of the factions' dicks, there's no attempt at chronological or lore consistency, the dialogue options are too basic to even have a purpose, and the less said about the retarded story the better.

Attached: fallout_4_e3_2015_concept_art_3.jpg (4572x2496, 283K)

welcome to /vr9k/

where anti social spergs are the loudest with their pent up resentment towards everything and everyone, especially themselves

I think you hold your units in too high regard. It's okay for them to die, it's the nature of the game for there to be sacrifices for the greater good. Just play the games and you'll get better at them, but steer clear of multiplayer. Multiplayer RTS is complete cancer.

Attached: b7f89aad8b255dbc95dd550adb85a7ae799cc94f2808e3cef580f6e24fc58328.jpg (502x417, 14.08K)

Never before have I wanted to be the little girl so badly

I want reddit to leave.

It's the truth

You're absolutely right, friend. You are from reddit.

Notice how I didn't disagree with you, but that I was merely pointing out your baselessly condescending attitude. Also notice how you're a fucking idiot for not noticing that.

Get out.

That's depressing, and to be honest i can understand why. I really can't bring myself to play singleplayer videogames anymore unless it's skirmish, roguelike, autsim or just has decent RNG. Almost every game just feels to me like i'm just walking on an empty hallway with no secrets or side shit, killing a few dumb AIs, brainlessly rushing into a boss and reloading a save a million times until victory since there's no reason to use strategy other than defeating it faster, after 3 hours finally gain a new skill that becomes useless after 30 more minutes of AI grinding, everything is either a lazy linear game where you just follow a bunch of predictable scripted events or a shitty open-world where actions don't really have impact in the game's world and repeating this shit for hours with no rewards, purpose or incentives other than just watching generic story cutscenes i could just watch on youtube and feel no difference from having beaten the game myself, other than just spending more hours on it.
I know there are some exceptions, but these are probably just the minority anyways and so many SP games like these put me off from doing research.

Attached: shut up WHORE.jpg (506x345, 50.97K)

I want to play these, but turn based RPGs….I don't have time for that.

With the above being said, I want to enjoy platforming games, or games with those elements. But they are just too tedious to enjoy. Even great games like Darksiders are tarnished by platforming.
I would like to enjoy Deus Ex, but why the fuck do I understand the game even less than when I started? I'm just fucking lost. I'm talking about all the games here.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is just too complicated, I gave up playing that. I feared that KC:D will be like that too, so I avoided it. Real life is complicated enough.
I like FPS games a lot and want to play multiplayer, but outside of TTT or America's Army: Proving Grounds I don't really touch them mainly because esports is cancer. Shame, because I'm really good too.
I used to enjoy Assassin's Creed games, but I quit them by the time 3 came out because of memory corrupting crashes and forced stealth missions…in an open world game.

I also wish I could git gud at rts and not just try to turtle and throw massive armies at the AI as that doesn't work in pvp whatsoever. I also got gifted TW3 but it just doesn't pull me in whatsoever.

He is being a faggot, but you're also doing spacing for single lines. Stop trying so hard to fit in.

Attached: b502fdf66e26292acf8f45ba910cba8efa4a0e43a27409edee5c091889574376.png (598x441, 119.89K)