DMC HD

DMC HD is out
How are you enjoying the greatest DMC title in HD?

Attached: DMC2FrontCover.jpg (460x215 33.09 KB, 66.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/228812-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/76411455
store.steampowered.com/app/631510/Devil_May_Cry_HD_Collection/
s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/8229118/1/#new
gitgud.io/hydris/dmc3hdc-trainer/
gitgud.io/hydris/dmc3hdc-trainer/blob/master/asm/144fpsturbo.CEA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did they change anything or are they just ports?

How

They're in HD

I guess it's three games, but 2 I've already played and I'm pretty sure the "HD" stands for highly debatable.

Already played DMC and DMC3 twice, once on PS2 and then on 360. What's the fucking point of releasing this again and so many years late?

Attached: =T.png (427x459, 395.28K)

no thanks im not gay haha

Heard issues of a lot of visual effects missing and sounds looping incorrectly from the early release of DMC1 last week, hope that ends up getting patched. I wonder if they fixed the broken gunslinger move in DMC3.

The existing DMC3 port is 4.5 GB, it's not that difficult to believe

Step up brother, if you haven't beaten DMC1 at least three times you never beat it on DMD

You are right, I didn't nor do I want to.

Wait didn't this come out on 360 ages ago? Also 2 sucked, but it's not bad to just blast through since it can be beat in one sitting

It's 3 games, nigga

Good

Attached: 0083a1076b196963b053b3d8ca78b2a39365203ecd19f99f4feb078db3d2af9d.png (664x700, 279.06K)

DMC1 was the reason I got a PS2 and my young self had the most miserable fucking time beating it on hard. I was actually excited for DMD since the difficulty mode's name sounded so rad, but then I couldn't beat the first death scissor before the timer ran out and I scrubbed out of there.
Only years later did I learn there were advanced techniques and shit.

Attached: karaoke.jpg (1148x691, 122.63K)

Some cuhrayzee jewing is in there.

Attached: 1467641439148.webm (720x400, 121.55K)

Just ports with 60FPS

The port of 3 is 4GB

60 FPS and a better resolution I guess
Being on PC already stops another viable rerelease from being viable so I'm ok with that.

Bayonetta looks like a tranny, you're still a fag

Attached: OOF.mp4 (640x360, 8.74M)

It is a good game and there are many new people who grown up after DMC release and who didn't play it? Step aside form your self centric POV.

Attached: png.png (504x880, 332.72K)

Shoah-Survivor Shillin' Style!

Pretty good

In before Crapcom releases a new "complete" DMC collection which is just this game and 4's rerelease put together

if only you got trips

That's not bad at all for a trilogy. Okami alone was something retarded like 30GB.

Waiting to pirate. Love DMC3 and 4, though only beat them twice. Will be nice to play DMC3 without emulation issues. Never tried 2 because of the bad rep it has and didn't really like 1. Will retry and hopefully like.

If you're expecting this port to not have emulation issues, you're in for unpleasant surprise.

Cool, I might end up trying DMC3 after all.

I gave each games Mission 1 a playthrough as far as gameplay goes it seems perfectly fine to me, though other people have been having problems depending on their hardware.

Attached: 20180313130038_1.jpg (1920x1080 353.96 KB, 354.02K)

One less piece of hardware to play the games I want. Then again, Capcom will probably find a way to fuck it up and make it harder to play than plugging in my PS2 again.

Bayonetta would probably just drill your ass with her hair, so you'd be a faggot either way. At least Dante would be enough of a bro to let you be top once and a while

DMC has been 60FPS since it first came out on PS2.

DmC on PS3 and 360 was the only game in the series to be 30FPS, where the EU version of DMC1 was 50FPS due to EU TV's being different from US TV's at the time.

That font is going to need modding if possible, absolutely potato.

I was sure DMC3 had some framerate issues on the PS2 as well.
My mistake

Did they poz this collection up with Denuvo?

Attached: 4a349fc08fc4fb5c615153f6f2c8bb16f7fcaede5042c3f0627f7036937c3c96.jpg (279x288, 10.29K)

Yes
You might as well leave the thread

Das rite, they also included StarForce and you need to connect to the uPlay servers to play the game.

There was a reason DMC was held up as the 60fps standard for so long. ESP DMC3 the toaster magic game that ran on anything at 60fps.

You might be thinking LOAD TIMES, which were unavoidable at the time.

The system requirements on the store page says
but nothing about Denuvo.
People even got to play DMC1 a week early if they had Twitch Prime and nobody has reported anything about Denuvo.

Attached: DMC hd.JPG (655x367, 45.14K)

I don't remember there being anything game breaking emulation wise.

Not sure if this will mean anything to anyone, but apparently this is a port of the 360 version of the game:
gamefaqs.com/boards/228812-devil-may-cry-hd-collection/76411455

Attached: 210177_front.jpg (640x901, 211.23K)

Is it worth buying?

Nope

Well it is if you haven't played DMC3 before, but other than that I would just recommend emulating it or getting the Ubishit version so you can style switch.

Well the creator of the Style Switcher mod has said he's interested in redoing it for the HD collection, he's also thinking about adding other things like Level select for DMC1 and having Sparda's DT for the whole game.

Games that are about 3gb each when they came out being 12gb
Usually I'd go wtf at these posts but honestly it's legit here

So what, no extra layer of DRM to fuck you over? Is this really modern (((CAPCOM)))?

DMC2 also had 2 discs so it seems about right.

There hasn't been any reports so far, They also didn't give Okami HD or Resdient Evil Remake/0 Denuvo, so I guess they don't see older games as worth it.

Capcom is a shitty company that is trying to keep afloat by re-releasing the actual good games they made long ago. Pirate.

The EULA where Denuvo usually gets its mention isn't anywhere on DMCHDC's.

lol

Attached: quality.png (641x284, 33.51K)

Okami just runs like shit and performs like shit and none of the control options work unless you use big picture mode

Dolphin Emulator/PS2 emulator and Okami runs 10x better

Okami performs perfect here (other than being locked at 30fps). And my PC is pretty low end.

top pleb

Attached: STLYESWITCH2.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Attached: denton_no.webm (480x360, 88.65K)

Attached: DanteVsLady.webm (640x480, 10.61M)

playable != good

The style switcher fixes almost all of the issues.
That said, it doesnt make the game easier by default, it just makes the skill ceiling much higher. If you play DMC3 for the first time you'll still suck, but you have more options available.

Attached: DanteVsReaper.webm (640x480, 8.99M)

I played DMC3 for the first time with the mod and it was a breeze.

Its not particularly difficult, especially if you played DMC4 beforehand

Here's a comparison video of each version

Attached: DMC1 turbo mode.mp4 (598x801 6.5 MB, 75.95K)

thats actually pretty sweet

How old are you?

It's also a damn better file size than SE's FF12 HD port.

Attached: FF12 PC.PNG (635x470, 59.64K)

Except that this will totally fuck over the platforming. Very disagreementian outlook on shit ports I must admit tho.

Does DMC3 actually work with my xbox 360 pad now without having to go through a million community fixes that don't work?

While i'm not defending the lack of an FPS lock, It just make everything in the game faster, the platforming would still be the same just the few times platforms move it would be a bit faster. All the Platforming in DMC1 is just run toward the edge of where you want to go and then jump, I don't think it would be unreasonable.

Yeah it's a completely different port, so it works fine now.

Console release I presume? cuz I don't see anything on Steam.

Did you try reading the thread
Did you try typing in DMC HD collection in search
store.steampowered.com/app/631510/Devil_May_Cry_HD_Collection/

Attached: what are you fucking stupid.mp4 (480x360, 167.96K)

I don't get it, I did a search and it didn't appear a while ago.

Well now it did.

Attached: The DmC Reboot Controversy in a nutshell.webm (852x480, 1.07M)

Yep, is not the first time though, like when I searched Friday the 13th game, it only appeared when I did a google search for the steam page.

Attached: DCHH_LaughingManTavern_1335829722.jpg (400x400, 44.67K)

Torrent when?

Capcom tends to do every game even if people don't want it, They announced the Mega Man X Collection which will likely just be some Roms for the most part, but it's also going to included remastered version of Mega Man X7 and X8, and those are going to be far more work then the games that came before it.

uhh yesterday?

Attached: dmc.PNG (1638x72, 10.22K)

>Since then been getting into conversations with friends about the series, been egged into playing the game again With my refresh rate at 72hz, so the game plays at %120 speed
I don't know how to feel about this. I now have access to the rest of the game.

Attached: When things get too cuhrayzee.png (250x250, 28.79K)

you'll fight him two more timesthree if you aren't a bitch

You bump into Phantom 4 times on normal, on Hard you can fight him 5 times since you can bump into him in the area where you fight the first Shadow, but only if you go back to that area on a later mission. I feel like almost no one knows about this since I only found out about it by accident.

I think he was talking about the fight inside Nightmare.

Well if you aren't a bitch you would fight Phantom at least 4 times since their are the 2 times he chases you down the hall are optional, The Nightmare boss would be a 5th time. You can also fight Nelo Angelo a 4th time during the Nightmare fight, and maybe griffon i'm not sure. you have to get caught each encounter with Nightmare.

Guess what 1 and three times more adds up to?

And with the niche scenario you mentioned it would make it six.
Nero Angelo is there in the third fight with Nightmare, yeah. You want to get caught intentionally if you're playing on DMD, it's really the only way to make it out of the fight without shattering the orbs.

sorry must have read your post wrong.

You mean the original DMC4? DMC3's PC port was one of the worst until the style switcher mod fixed some things after some tampering. Speaking of these PC rereleases, 4's Special Edition wasn't as as well optimized since it was done by a different team and you needed to turn off post processing and shader effects to get it to run on older hardware. Are these ports the same? Apparently my computer can just barely run the original port of 3, can this collection be run with an integrated graphics card if I set it to low and turn the additional effects off? The reports of it not fixing some of the issues from the 1st iteration of the collection has me a bit worried too.

this, i stopped playing at the first nelo angelo fight when i first played.
beat the game in one sitting in 5 hours two days ago, started hard mode yesterday
games fun as shit

So how are the PC ports on this collection? Any fuck ups?
I saw some reviews saying they weren't too great.

DMC 1 is a lot better this time around for me. Don't know what exactly changed. Got about 8 missions to go. Ghost Ship nearly had me drop the game, Griffon on that boat is torture.

What about the others?
Noticed any graphical glitch or something?

Nigga just get a PS2 then

They forgot to put in an FPS limiter so if your monitor goes above 60fps the game runs too fast. See,
As for Graphical bugs embed related.

As far as straight up gameplay though everything is perfectly fine. in the last HD collection Kalina ann's grapple move didn't work and one of Mundus attacks was invisible those were fixed. They also added in the unlimited Devil trigger code in DMC2 for all versions, which used to be Europe exclusive.

These are problems, but I didn't notice any of them when playing, only after these vids pointed them out.

Phantom's speech does have subs BTW so do the human characters now too, he just didn't turn on the subtitles.
Although a few lines they forgot to sub.

Interesting. Those are really minor so I'm sure they can get fixed in a patch. Even if they don't get fixed it's nothing to fuss about.

Why is DMC4 so much harder than DMC3SE

It isn't DMC4 is piss easy if you compare DMD modes.

It also means it's nothing worth paying for if the original release is superior. Might as well emulate it.

I was going to sell my HD collection on PS3 to pay for this PC version but now I'll just wait until they patch it. If they never do, oh well. I've already bought and played these games like 3 times and capcom still fuck me over by never giving the series the love it deserves, nor any other stuff I support like biohazard outbreak. Where's that HD? The game that needs modern tech the most out of all capcom's library. Ugh. Makes me angry AF

Attached: dmc3 xmas.jpg (757x960, 143.29K)

Well I definitely would but I can't because PCSX2 devs are faggots and the emulator doesn't run well on AMD CPUs and AMD GPUs.

I'm playing normal Devil Bringer. I think it's harder than DMC3SE normal so far.

I felt the opposite alittle while ago after not playing DMC3 for a some time and being rusty I had a much harder time before I got DT.
Nero's Buster always made bosses a cake walk in DMC4.

I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm having a hard time keeping my cuhrazy going even though it's technically easier early game than DMC3. I also keep getting tangled up with the damn camera and getting bodied for it.

how is the keyboard + mouse support?

You can manually set up a 60 FPS lock
You do know that right?

No mouse support, You can change what keys are each button, but you can't map controls in game save for DMC3 but that still shows controller inputs.

It like how it was in DMC3 and 4
No mouse look, but your almost never moving the camera yourself in a DMC game anyway, the camera is going to be fixed or the lock on will move it for you.
I played with Keyboard a bit and it works fine, but I just stick to controller.

Attached: keyboard.JPG (1920x1080, 171.66K)

What if you removed your penis
then you really wouldn't be gay haha

no bayonetta is dmc with vagina

Unrelated but I really miss OG Dante as a character. It's a shame Kamiya didn't stick around at Capcom to help produce 3 and 4. Now the character of Dante just feels like an empty meme.

you should get a gamepad and stop being a kbm cuck

lol why do people care about the size of games I have like 5 terabytes of hardrive lol

but DMC3 and 4 Dante are much better characters when compared to the OG Dante

That won't save you if devs keep fucking up and releasing 100+gb games.

That's not the problem I have with it. See above video.

Can someone upload DMC3 only? I heard the games come in separate folders so it should be possible.

I own the games already but you can't use the style switcher on console.

Isn't DMC1 Dante just RE4 Leon with more balls?

yeah, i finished dmc1 yesterday and i couldnt stop thinking about re4 the whole time, its weird as fuck

What's that bald fuck planning?

Attached: DYUvjv6VQAAmmrW.jpg (1200x899 182.1 KB, 193.91K)

Fuck no. DMC3 and 4 is like if some 12 year old got their hands on a character. Then again, I am biased against the pretty boy who just doesn't care because he is so perfectly above everyone else.

And that's different to the original design in what way?

Attached: what did you just say about okaasan.jpg (470x628, 35.48K)

Only ever played DMCDmc and it was pretty ehh, are the earlier ones any better? I'll be downloading them either way, I dont even know why I'm asking

They're made by completely different teams, so yeah.

I remember talking to some other user about it and he mentioned there's a mode without the button mashing?

this is exacly the kind of thing you never knew you wanted until you saw it
now i really fucking want it

What, in DmC or DMC? For the former you're not really going to squeeze more value out of the game by playing the definitive edition or bumping up the difficulty, the framework for a great action game just isn't there.

For the real series itself the combat isn't about button mashing even on the baseline difficulty, it's not possible to make it past even the third mission of DMC1 by mashing triangle. Once you learn some more techniques and beat the game you can bump the difficulty up to Hard or Dante Must Die!, which is where the game is at its best. Highly recommend the series, and I highly recommend forgetting all about Ninja Theory's take on the franchise, it's irrelevant.

I'm going to play the hd collection, but I remembered playing DMC and it was all button mashy stuff but if the first one isn't then great, because button mashing isn't all that great.
who the fuck thought it'd be a good idea to the newer game DMC Devil may cry, it's literally dmc dmc

yeah?
In case you're new to the series, all of dante's lines forever have always been maximum edge and cheese. "Flock off bird brain" and "LIIIIIIIIIGHT" are both prime examples of dante being a general shit to enemies.
You are not smart.

DmC is absolutely nothing like DMC. DMC is a pretty cool dude, eh kills demons and doesnt afraid of anything
seriously though DMC 1 is near RE levels of puzzles with good combat, DMC 2 is something I have to try, DMC 3 heavily focuses on combat and 4 wanted to try something new with the systems

the beginning reminds me of it too, the fucking mansion is already pissing me off and I've been here for barely two minutes

how do I advance in the first area on dmc1, what the fuck, am I just retarded?

You'll be walking around for a while until you figure it out, it's in that weird place in history where games didn't direct you to the critical path but it isn't so vague that you'll be exploring the entire world until you find the magic key to the door.

git gud

DMC1 is pretty linear Like you can go back to any room if you wanted, but there is only one way to go to move forward. The first room you collect some orbs, so you can get a feel for the controls, and then you go in the only direction you can.

Turns out you have to spam a on the really vague looking jumping thing. fucking old games always do this shit, I'll have to get into the habit of pressing every button on every pixel

Now you're getting it.

porting these games to PC was a mistake

I disagree, this is my first time playing and I just got to Mundus. I only got stuck at where to put the trident and even then it was only for 20 minutes. Thoroughly enjoying myself, gfi.

Same thing happened with me on Ninja Gaiden 2 and about another ten games, I never did git gud

It's a pretty good game apart from the camera angles

Just shoot him from the ground level and roll away from the needles. Use Devil Trigger every now and then. Honestly the easiest time I had with the bosses aside from Griffon.

You don't even have to be that strategic on Normal mode, you can jump up on the rocks and whack him in the face safely, he isn't that aggressive. You can also rack up a LOT of damage by using Round Trip coupled with Devil Trigger and your projectiles.

On the highest difficulty he's a real bastard. Learning the parry timing on the lava dragon and trying to consistently dodge the rotating orbs was a pain in the ass, especially since you have to redo the Space Harrier sequence for every attempt.

Fuck I forgot about that. Could have done him in 2 tries instead of 4.

first time player here, what the fuck was that mundus fight
watching it wouldve been hype as fuck but playing it was retarded, i was excited for some cuhrayzee sword fights against a god
then he comes back in a fucking SEWER for the REAL last fight where you just fuckin shoot him

i also used stockpiled devil stars to fuck off past the flying part

DMC1 is ultimately a mess as it was pretty much a genre starter.

its a mess that i loved

The game is proto RE4.

if it was released on pc the same time as xbox 360 i might have bought it but i've already enjoyed it on 360

is it any better on pc compared to 360?

now s-rank the entire game on dante must die.

Its worse

matthewmatosis was right

I remember DMC3 used to have a bug on my old computer. If you used software to overclock the CPU it would run faster, so I'd OC to 125% or so + use Turbo and it was really awesome.

Of course using Cheat Engine is way more sensible.

The music being the wrong frequency is the exact same problem in REmake HD, which means Capcom clearly didn't learn from their mistakes.

I got Cheat Engine to slow the game down proportionately to the frame rate.
s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/8229118/1/#new

Its not worse than the 360 version. Its certainly worse than the PS3 version though.

I can run the game now at 144 fps at the intended speed though.

Consider me interested. Still pisses me off that random anons in their free time managed to fix such an important aspect of the game while the HD dev team, payed by the hour, couldn't manage it.

Attached: 827trd.png (557x700, 550.78K)

Its probable that the HD rerelease is based on the hardware renderers of PCSX2 with some specific hacks coded in. It would explain why the cutscenes in DMC3 are all prerendered because the DirectX renderer for PCSX2 could not emulate the cutscenes with proper effects and even nowadays there are some effects missing in the OpenGL one.

I'm gonna stick to the PS2 versions, i recently got a beautiful CRT and component cables so my games look better anyway.

Links from here.

gitgud.io/hydris/dmc3hdc-trainer/
gitgud.io/hydris/dmc3hdc-trainer/blob/master/asm/144fpsturbo.CEA

I got it done a few hours ago.

There's still graphic effects that are missing. I'm going to hold off buying until then. Played this series enough, honestly. Not in any huge rush to give capcom my money anyway. If graphic effects are never restored, I still don't see much incentive to buy it rather than keep playing the PS3 HD or emulating the original.

Attached: 031a8004bd03c0f89629ee8cf3bcaace7a0b8d2963897a5c83e6bf24cc073bdd.png (600x359, 270.18K)

That's what I thought too.

ps3 hd remake is also missing effects. always play the original on original hardware if you want the best experience. 9 out of 10 times these re-releases are inferior versions.

Yeah but now their can be DMC1 mods

Attached: Vergil recolor.jpg (1920x1080 111.89 KB, 191.68K)

Too bad that it only supports 480i and looks like vomit even with component cables.

stop playing on a shitty display then.

I have a trinitron kv-13mv31, still. These games definitely looks better on PC and also run better.

For what purpose?

A kitchen size consumer trinitron isn't exactly gonna be doing miracles with comb filtering.

I have no fucking idea what that is, but you sound smart so whatever.

Also, you can recolor Dante to look like Vergil but you can't give him the Yamato?

They probably wanted to inmate the E3 trailers look.

Attached: devil may cry ps2 trailer e3 2001.mp4 (480x360, 5.36M)

Those are just people's early quick attempts at mods. I don't think people have gotten into the code for switching things around just yet.

Oh that's what it is.
I have to wonder where and what the decision to give him a trenchcoat was for then. Sure hope it wasn't le matrix.

after you experience cloaks for long enough you start to get bored of the design either way. Dante always looks better with his coat off.

it was probably trigun/hellsing/some other third thing.

So everyone will be playing DMC1 shirtless, the way most people play DMC3?

I hope there's an option for just the vest, but that would work too.

test