Alternate history of Titanfall

What would you have done differently to make titanfall 1 or 2 successful.

I would attach it to a more popular IP instead of trying to make a new one. It would be a WH40K game based around the Elysium Drop Troopers vs the Tau Empire which would allow them to use mostly the same gameplay mechanics as the original titanfall. I would remove the burn card system, smart pistol, and change the arc cannon weapon to function more like a close range shotgun instead of what it actually was. I would also change shield core to add slowly regenerating health if shields when full. The story would be about imperial loyalists trying to fight of renegade guardsmen who are defecting to the tau empire. The campaign would include single player missions as the main characters, coop missions alongside them playing as normal customized player characters, and multiplayer-like matches for the big battles like the Battle of Demeter. Respawn would get the aid of a more popular IP to help with advertisement without needing xbox one exclusivity and being able to sell on ps4. GW would get a super popular, customizable IG Mecha that would help make IG as popular as SM and bring more people in general to the tabletop side I would also not partner with EA and add steam community workshop support.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/XdCbP
please
archive.fo/Srv0l
please
archive.fo/0MN5T
hooktube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M
statista.com/statistics/263401/global-apple-iphone-sales-since-3rd-quarter-2007/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The best bet would be to cut the multiplayer out entirely and spend that development time on single player content but modern publishers (and their shareholders) won't touch a SP-only game.

Wolfenstein was successful for a time, but I don't think Titanfall would be successful in that path. The most successful and least intrusive business model they could use is the dota 2 model before they added lootbox gambling.

Attached: c4c52b52529e97b9b4d01aafd99ca5ac.jpg (746x1000 251.68 KB, 829.48K)

That's really cute!

Attached: 3.png (200x200, 11.66K)

not shill my denuvo-infested p2w origin cod clone trash on Holla Forums

Have anyone, literally anyone, other than EA as the game's publisher.

Attached: EA (3)

Magnet?

They should have built upon the first one.
In the second title the took away a lot of important things and replaced them with inferior features. Like burn cards or the ability to choose the titan loadout.
But what really pushed me away after few hours was the cod roulette. It wasn't so bad in the first title, but i couldn't bare it in the second.
Also, that fucking delay. Half the time i was killed by somebody that didn't even pop up on my screen. I don't have such problem with other games. But i heard it's an other cod feature set up so that noobs don't get frustrated off the game. Anyway, any game with that bs is not a game for me.

Put titanfall 2 on steam.

All the fags who like the source engine use steam. Myself included.

Remove combat viable jumps and (((advancement movement))). Spergs will autistically screech but sperging doesn't brings money. Mass amount of players does. Most players don't like bunny hopping in PvP (even if they can't formulate this dislike consciously).

Because SP games are low revenue per investment and can be pirated games.

Attached: 09765.jpg (600x267, 58.22K)

It would've been a huge success if it was on steam.

Wasn't Titanfall 2 successful despite EA trying to intentionally shitcan it by releasing it in the same time-frame as Battlefield 1?

Nope, the game was a financial failure.
archive.fo/XdCbP
please use archive.is/articles/titanfall-2-sales-lower-than-expected-ea-admits/1100-6447455/
However…
archive.fo/Srv0l
please use archive.ism/articles/2017/02/01/ea-doesnt-see-titanfall-2s-sales-as-an-underperformance
And then several months later…
archive.fo/0MN5T
please use archive.ism/articles/2017/11/09/ea-buys-titanfall-developer-respawn

It exceeded expectations apparently, probably because it was a good game and EA thinks that they don't sell.

Nobody likes tau. Would've been possible as imperium vs orks though. Orks have tons of mechs and they attack via orbital drops all the time.

Is EA run by retards or evil businessmen, I can't fucking tell anymore.

Attached: THE FUCK WAS THAT.jpg (512x384, 28.31K)

hooktube.com/watch?v=PTLFNlu2N_M

Yes.

user, they've been evil assholes for decades.

Steam is boost to the popularity indeed but good games could sales themselves without giving a cut to the fatty. Look at Word of Tanks for example.
WoT was genius game that taped previously untapped markets, aesthetics and game-play wise. And been genius and with no competition they could pocket all revenues to themselves, but you need good game to do that.

Yeah, but you forget that it's on Origin. That service has a negative stigma to it and rightfully so.

Not anymore. Origin Access gives you some good stuff like the 10-hour demo for the major EA games.

Jesus Christ, how much more?

Not so sure about that. Even the relative normalfags I know are wary as fuck after SimCity.

Battlefield still sells very good through Origin because it is good game and has no real competition.

What has EA released in the past 5 years that's worth playing? The only games to come to mind are Unravel and both Titanfall games.

Indeed.

Attached: 2007AD.jpg (1778x348 61.7 KB, 113.08K)

user, it's run by EA. It will never lose its stigma. Maybe titanfall players are less down on it than before, but that's a tiny minority in the grand scheme of things.

Granted thats all IF they do it. Respawn to my knowledge is working on a star wars game at the behest of EA and I have a bad feeling about it. Not to mention that decision was made before battlefront 2 bombed, so as of now respawn for all we know is twiddling their thumbs and waiting for EA to either pull the plug on the project or the trigger on them.

Attached: b02ee2ca956c0a378ec73b53eeefaa3cd2187ff13f670e9e2528654632ae440f.jpg (979x832, 477.26K)

If you think the end came any sooner than 2009, you're wrong, because none of that got traction until then.
People didn't even know things like BBT and iPhones existed until then.

TBH Origin Access is pretty good if you want to play the games that failed completely (Mirror's Edge and the reboot, ME:A, Cisquisition, Unravel, etc.), their big games like the Dead Space franchise, Battlefield and the shitty Battlefront are also in the Vault with all their DLCs included for 3 euros or dollars a month. They were also the first company to have a refund system.

I play Tf2 on PC but I don't think I'll play Tf3.

Attached: hamster why.PNG (369x249, 72K)

I hadn't bought a single EA game since Spore.
When they announced a new Sim City I figured I'd try out the beta. It was auctually good. They had cut off all the things that made the final release bad, amd gave you a small enough plot that the glaring AI issues wouldn't become readily appearent.
So I made the mistake of buying the game, and their apology for it was Dead Space 3.
Needless to say, even though Titanfall did at least look interesting I will never again support EA.

I certainly didn't know it existed.
So you're just going to pretend that people weren't waiting days outside of Apple stores waiting to buy one at release? That there weren't people waiting outside the entrances shanking others for their new phone?

Attached: franz_is_dead.png (750x728, 171.77K)

Not until the second one came out, no. People only waited for only less than one 24 in a line on release day, and the one dude who's stuck around for more than one day was dubbed "iLoser".

statista.com/statistics/263401/global-apple-iphone-sales-since-3rd-quarter-2007/

Best Alternate History:

Erase Cawadoody from the timeline and have this be the first game they made. We'd be up to our ears in annual sequels by now.

It was a deliberate move to devalue Respawn so they could close-in and buy them out. Never deal with the devil.

There are people who like Tau although that doesn’t include me. What about ork mercenaries working for the blue man?

Attached: 000D156A-4D97-48DA-91B9-C7E52A4F6504.jpeg (1920x1090, 325.58K)

market it harder. i played and honestly really, really enjoyed it, and genuinely feel like it's one of the better FPSes released in a really long time
more marketing, would not have launched it at the same time as battlefield 1, and only two minor changes to the game itself: disable third-person camera completely during entering/exiting titans and executions, because it looks retarded and jars you out of the moment so you can see that EPIN EXECOOTION BRUH. and secondly, add a custom titan that you can completely customize alongside the "themed" titans that exist now; allow us to build it any damn way we want. i miss my custom titan from tf1 with the qt russian AI yelling all sorts of indecipherable slav shit at me while i'm taking missile locks

TF2 is successful. Its just not popular with normalfags which means you don't hear about it. Its got far more players than Destiny 2 right now, cost a fraction of the cost of D2 to make and chugs along making money off cosmetic dlc packs. It is not the mainstream AAA shootbang darling so the assumption is that it can only be dead but in the age of shit like Destiny 2 and Lawbreakers dying on release having a userbase that has grown year over year is not exactly a failure. Its just not what people used to the modern treatment of shooters expected.

Of course Titfanfall 2 is a lot more pre 2004 in its design ethos so i guess thats not surprising.

It was all Respawn's fault

Give the IP to a good japanese company.
That is all.
Western devs can't make a good game.

What Japanese Developers have made good fps games?

Attached: AF45697D-15CE-4CC0-9570-FA88D7C80285.jpeg (1067x1600, 292.53K)

Which restricts it to the WH40K market. I liked what Titanfall 1 had built up from a narrative perspective, and had fun with the game. I wouldn't have given it a second glance if it was a WH40K game, since I have zero interest whatsoever in that setting, regardless of how good the game would have been. You might get a higher purchase rate from a specific set of customers, but from the larger consumer base you'd probably end up losing sales.

Always a fan of co-op. People bitch about the Smart Pistol but I would complain about the R-101C. It's all metafags ever used, because it was too good even with the ammo capacity nerf. The Smart Pistol was great for generating points for a drop, but in PvP it only worked if the other guy didn't know you were there. Which is just as lethal for them as if you were armed with any other gun, only that they really have no chance to survive.

I don't think regenerating Titan health is a good idea simply because it would encourage camping too much and keep people in their Titans the entire match. The Titanfall I mechanics struck a good balance, where you had time to kick ass in your giant mech and if you were skillful or lucky you could keep it going for a good while, but eventually you had to get back on foot. Titanfall 2 fucked that by removing shields so that every little bullet caused permanent damage and making NPCs specifically designed to fuck Titans over. It was fine when it was just man-portable AT weapons on NPCs, because you were either safe from it behind shields or it was making your bad situation even worse. TF2, you're just as likely to lose your Titan to NPCs as you are a player, which makes you question the whole point of Titans since they can evidently be countered in less than a minute without the need for other TItans.

Attached: 1434732542349 (2016_03_14 03_50_42 UTC).jpg (299x288, 29.3K)

>What Japanese Developers have made fps games?
Fixed because these games are the only FPS titles I can find that were developed by a Japanese dev.

Attached: 001.jpg (400x706 10.84 MB, 63.34K)

I played the demo they give for free. Allows you to play a few hours of multiplayer. Loved every little bit of it.
But even though I want to buy it, I can't. I fucking refuse to give my money to these fucking subhumans. They are terrible horrible people in suits who only care about money and absolutely nothing else.
How the fuck did these worthless jews manage to hire a competent studio is beyond me.

Attached: 787.png (1380x1292, 2.62M)

Attached: michael madsen.jpg (400x267, 26.14K)

He said it all.
And i add: japanese know to make amazing mech games. They wold figure out something to make a good game out of the IP.

buy a key from a key reseller, its better to give money to russian shitters than to the ea kike

Make the mechs have a female AI.

you mean sites like G2A? I never used them before

Titanfall's only fault was the fact that Respawn decided to go with EA as their publisher.
I can 100% guarantee they'd do better with ubikikes, which is a really sad statement to make.

That could work honestly. It would've made it stand out a lot more too. Ubisoft's issue is homogenization, so assuming all the projects under ubisoft remained the same from 2013 to 2016, Respawn not only would've done better; but would probably even be more well respected.

Attached: 53edb156b7b6788c2b74f727d03f17698ac93969478b02bac28f65b8c0dd5d67.png (128x128, 10.7K)

I'm gonna suggest crunch, and say it should have taken more of a cops and robbers gameplay approach- take the cat and mouse gameplay of infantry and titans to another level. IMC like in the lore are basically military tier cops that want to enforce order, and the militia are essentially guerilla tier cobbled together technology resistance. Instead of deathmatch all the time you'd have different mission types like Police Raid (for IMC attacking, militia defence), Convoy raid (now it's all on the move- militia attack, IMC defense)- The IMC have to hold out until reinforcements arrive to capture and force retreat from the militia. Skirmish would be a thing- the idea is that the IMC always have better technology but the Militia (may have numbers and) usually have the element of surprise. Different roles are available, so while the IMC has standard soldier type people with great jump kit, militia might have hacker people or demolitions people (more specialized strengths and weaknesses) which when leveraged correctly will yield victory. Also, have some kind of map war that influences what maps are played and have this map war actually affect matches so that you get some meta-tactics happening.
Kind of a mess but instead of embed related inb4 muh webm you get a much more nuanced and niche gameplay.

None. Japs fucking suck at both making and playing FPS games.

Respawn fucked themselves by hitching their wagon to the Xbone at the height of the backlash against Xbone. Making the first game an Xbone exclusive was a critical mistake. Didnt help that there was no campaign mode.

i bought tf2 thru g2a since i really wanted to play it but i didnt want to give my shekels to ea and my key worked fine

I was hoping square, bethesda or 2k would have published it. Around that time they weren’t using drm.

Attached: DE88CE30-C8B7-42E8-A1D1-59BF35DF4B27.png (499x532 850.83 KB, 263.39K)

Also Todd Howard would have created a good storyline for the game.

Attached: A125A7FA-BF27-4E15-8F35-935EB5D052E3.jpeg (768x1024, 67.59K)

What about trans ai?

Attached: DB99C07C-A943-4823-B77F-A6561B22D458.jpeg (500x666, 75K)

But user, there are female AI both in the first and second game. In Titanfall 2 specifically the titan Ion, Northstar and Tone have female voices.
What I would love to see is Titan's AI interacting with each other more, at least in the single player campaign. Is already pretty cool each one has hints of unique personality, like Ronin being and edgy samurai and Legion being a serious business kind of mech. They even comment when other pilot or titans achieve a kill complimenting them or lament the dead or an ally.

Have you never played the games? They can have female AI.

It's the small details like that in what little personalities the Titans have that I honestly like.

See, I liked 1 better than 2 because I could have my own loadout and primary the smart pistol because I preferred focusing on parkour over C.A.R. cod memes, there just should have been a far larger number of options- at least 10 titans instead of 3 and much more nuanced.