Ideaguy the game

Attached: DMAavWmVAAAzqgj.jpg (1200x675, 74.98K)

That design looks like it was stolen right out of Armored Core.

this game has a prequel that is mobile only. break arts cyber racing something something; played both the original and ~100 hours of this one before getting bored, customization draws you back in as you can make some pretty retardedly amazing mech designs. population is subpar but there are certain disagreement communities here and there that gather up and race every now and then. kinda flopped since the beginning as its not a real appeal aside from armored core fans or some other mechgasmic games.

also theres hidden extra content in the game that you unlock by getting gud and accomplishing diverse criteria that a whole lot of people dont even know how they unlocked it

Yeah, you can do that, it's the selling point - being lego of mech games.

Is there anything to be gained by playing solo? Are there bosses/unlockable tracks/anything other than parts?

Attached: Break-Arts-II-Custom.jpg (1920x1080, 247.87K)

This will never happen.

I was afraid it would suck. Mechs look nice, but mech games are odd since they live and die on the gameplay or franchises until they get the gameplay down, and then kill it with shitty gameplay and cutscenes. The old 2D side scrollers justified their mechs with very distinct gameplay from the standard side scrolling shooters. Armored Core and Mech Warrior had very different styles of gameplay from most 3D action games. Hell, while Zone of the Enders played more like a 3D beat em up, it still was different enough to justify itself.

im fairly sure that playing solo is the way to unlock some extra races(not sure if extra tracks) and parts but thats about it as far as im aware.

the game desperately needs more content, which is weird to me cuz they could just import maps from the prequel or something if they really went that dry on new content.

they do focus a lot of the development on parts, take that as you will, but i do think the selling point of the game is the customization. you spend about 75% of gametime in the garage, getting frustrated with the part limit and trying to balance out stats

Attached: Screenshot_525-3.png (1366x768, 952.2K)

one more thing, you can extremely easy just basic cheat engine the game and give yourself enough xp for the max rank, without having to slog through like 500 races to unlock every part (you get like 10 or so parts every level and theres up to lvl 10 iirc)

as for online there is not much ballance so you can just go against extremely high level mechs and get your ass handed to you, but considering the population, it is is a rare occurance to even get in a race

Enduring fun.
That is the most important thing for a game.
Everything must revolve around the game have enduring fun.

does this game have enduring fun?

Just place Gundam Breaker 3.

I aint buying physical drm machine, thank you.

This term is new to me, can you elaborate what is it?

Yeah, the main problem with the game is the lack of content. Hell, even the mobile game that came before had more content, with actual multiplayer bossfights and everything.

Hopefully the devs DO add shit later on, as it's been hinted at.

It doesn't for now. It IS a good game, but the lack of content and samey matches, low pop and metahugging of certain players does harm it's longevity.

You act like Armored Core was original in terms of mech design

Hopefully 4 comes out on PC

Pre-Armored Core 4, you could make the argument for original mecha designs - Specifically the bosses and the special MTs.

Post Armored Core 4? Nope. We gundams now.

Attached: when you don't take the old king path.png (640x480, 369.35K)

It was. Still is in fact, seeing how other mech games and shows shamelessly ape it.

Attached: Shoji_Kawamoris_Design_Works_106.jpg (1280x1864, 340.84K)

user those are just updated VOTOMs mechs.

But based on that last one, the same designer did Aquarion?

That doesn't look like votoms at all.

Paint the bottom left one green and it's a Scopedog.

Except every single part of it looks different even disregarding proportions? Right down to joints?
Or all bulky mechs just look the same to you?

Attached: atm-09-sttc.jpg (308x380, 12.16K)

The fuck are you smoking, they don't look like Scopedogs at all.
If he had posted Heavy Gear then yeah you'd be right.

Attached: stretchitzia.jpeg (885x1254, 655.79K)

Who even likes this stupid idea?

A few autists

Attached: more players than lawbreakers.JPG (354x273, 32.51K)

Attached: not even joking.JPG (425x312, 28.74K)

I'd rather get my anus ruptured by a barabot but that's just me.

That's fucking sad.

Attached: sooner.png (353x371, 293.17K)

It's based on IGPX

Nigger you gay.

That's another acceptable possibility.

How does that look like anything from Votoms?

Nigger, are you blind?

Open world romace mecha tactical turn-based rpg, it's a game about taking back a world infested with a necromorph like organism along side your A.I./mecha harem. Yah got old school mechs, xeno mechs, bio mechs, animal mechs, sleek tacticool mechs, transforming mechs, etc.

I did not play it.
I was commenting on OP's topic.

It is objective, so it does not need must elaboration.
If you are having fun (truly having fun, and not FORCING yourself to play and find an excuse to say that it is "fun") and you come back for it many times, from time to time, without ever getting bored by it, it has enduring fun.
Examples can be found in many (now considered) "retro" games that people play, finish, and come back to play and finish again.
Even those without multiplayer.
A game that you play from start to finish, no matter how long or short the game is, and you always enjoy playing it until you finish it, is a game with enduring fun.
It is self-explanatory really.

I understand your explanation but enduring fun can also be interpreted as something you have to endure in order to have fun.
But yeah, it makes sense.

You can say "long lasting fun" instead.
The point is: good games are the ones that you come back to play and have fun playing them every single time, without forcing yourself to think that or without making excuses to play it.
Mechanics, complex or simple, difficulty, graphics, etc. None of this matters if the game is fun forever.
As long the game is an everlasting fun, the game is good.
Usually, the gameplay is what achieves this. But focus on making it fun forever.

Attached: 9.jpg (1280x720, 81.54K)

Not to mention opponents not actually rendering
GLASS BREAKING
as the mechs they pilot (they're just diamonds), all the tracks having the
GLASS BREAKING
same bland "virtual reality" aesthetic,
GLASS BREAKING
the racing largely being on rails, and the
GLASS BREAKING
sound design being pretty bad.

Attached: ''boundless disapointment''.png (300x242, 195.61K)

you are the type of person that would buy shittermata on both ps4 and pc.

Attached: ballbreakers.png (382x113, 10.81K)

*glass breaks*

IGPX was so trash, the pilot episode was 3v3 arena combat then they changed it to racing for the actual show. The only upside is that low-brow became MegasXLR.