Rare games general

How fast will SOT online community die out? Everything about it screams flop or dead in a year.

My bad. I meant to say instead of Xbox one. I been also noticing cuphead Switch & PS4 also pops up first on search engine instead of Xbox one.

Probably because the Xbone is probably going to die out soon due to competition from both Nintendo and PS4, compounded by any "exclusive" Microsoft has also being on Windows 10. In particular, I've seen a few Japanese players complain that Cuphead's not coming to Switch as far as anyone knows.

Considering it's still a buggy mess and shitshow, and they laid on the steamer advertising heavy, I think it's safe to say this one is going to crash and burn.

I have a feeling cuphead a temporary exclusive. Knowing Microsoft track record. I’m surprised by Undertale skipping Xbox one in favor of a switch released. Undertale already gotten a PS4 release.

So to keep this on-topic, what's the Rarest game you own? Battletoads on my end, and I've managed to 1cc it on hardware without warps. By all means fuck this game, but I still fucking love it.

Maybe, though considering MS helped fund the game I'm not entirely sure. It would definitely please the Switch base, and especially those Japanese ameriboos who want to play it but can't because >Xbone and because Japan can't into PC gaming; which segues into…
I'm not. It's partly because YoYo Games finally added Switch support for their engine, and partly because Toby knows the Switch is successful in Japan, and a huge chunk of his fanbase IS similarly composed of those same Japanese ameriboos (no really, some of the same Japanese fans of Cuphead I've seen are also Undertale fans). The PS4 release is mainly because he had the Japanese localization ready but, again, Japan can't into PC gaming so he ported to PS4, which he knew was popular and supported the engine he was using. Meanwhile the Xbone would only appeal to those few faggots who still own an Xbone.

Attached: battletoads boxart.jpg (686x951, 162.94K)

I don't understand why Half-Life 2 gets so much praise when CBFD was about as revolutionary and ahead of its time on many regards like four years before HL2.

SoT will get an initial burst of popularity due to streamer cancer and then it will die off. They will then release it on other platforms and/or Steam but no one will care because people will be all over the new FOTM instead.

Attached: 9869ab196a71a91c0c419aee85684100c8aa9d33d55ae162d1eebaf498a7d7bd.jpg (776x1054, 190.57K)

Dead in the water

Attached: carlos.jpg (500x367, 19.08K)

Can't wait for all the webms of shit breaking. I feel like its No Man's Sky all over again.

I don't mind Rare making new IPs, but holy fucking shit. Sea of Thieves looks boring as fuck. Or maybe it's because I prefer games that have a strong single player experience, because who the fuck is going to be able to play Sea of Thieves when no one can help you sail your ship and whatnot? Even their more mediocre games like Grabbed by the Ghoulies had some elements of charm and whimsy. This looks like the video game equivalent of oatmeal.

On another note.
Maybe it's for the better…

Attached: 1437937141845.jpg (320x287, 18.15K)

At least it's not a PUBG clone. Still looks DOA.

Played the beta for 30 minutes

Honestly what stings the most though is there is some potential here.

What the game needed was a huge overworld with larger islands full of content. Proper dungeons with different enemy types. Neutral towns with pub games and shit you can play with rival crews. Satisfying melee combat. Higher server pops. Maybe an 8 player 'galleon'.

In the end this game gave me blueballs and I went and tried out blackwake instead. Much better game tbh

I have feeling it worse. No man”s sky had more diverse gameplay.

Knowing Microsoft. They probably Nu-god of war battletoads with a serious reboot with no irony.

Sadly, this is probably the case. Even if they didn't, I bet you anything they'll make the game hard as hell without even realizing what made the game hard or fun in the first place.

It would be easy so that "New players can enjoy it just like returning players can"

Attached: serveimage.jpg (825x464, 36.69K)

Not as fast as the Skull and Bones community whenever this piece of shit is released.

Didn't they ironically censor the shit out of the xbox 360 re-release of the game worse than the nintendo "we still censor everything on our US platforms" 64?

All Ubisoft had to do was make another Black Flag/Rogue game without all the Asscreed bullshit added to it and *maybe* throw in some ship vs ship multplayer mode along with it. Instead they make some sort of always online, For Honor with Boats abomination.

You can blame Siege's success for that since it silently grew up to be their most popular title because it was well-maintained and unique. Ubisoft doesn't exactly seem to understand why Siege works while For Honor doesn't.

game was fun. i doubt ill buy it, but im defintely doing the free 14 day thing to play it on release

Current (and former) Rare are leftist cucks.
Everything that they try in their lives will fail.

What would SJW battle toads even looks like