Team Fortress 2 Vintage: Sniper too OP edition

Recent news

What is TF2 Vintage?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads

moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mega mirror: N/A
Torrent: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:58af1cb1ede20020c9c2fb885ddaa0cffa801990&dn=tf2vintage.1.7z

Installing TF2V
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/installing-tf2v1
Follow the guide, TL;DR

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage
github.com/bachingo/TF2Vintage

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?
While a few weapons have been introduced (flare gun, kritzkreig, gunboats, LnL, Direct Hit). Right now its still on the backburner. We're looking for help for weapons, some would be easier to do than others (backburner, paintrain)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
mega.nz/#!SCARQbQK!oDV1GZU0-Z1i8A_BIPdRPmelBzkkDqV7JK0Mpn2qtIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini.

But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory, Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

Attached: 6f95b8418a299b47ce26f45f3410da32574f701f0da3f4df66ecab5df23d304c.png (598x413 32.57 KB, 31.09K)

SERVERS RUNNING AT THE MOMENT
Memehole (Stock only)

No-steam users:
Use "connect" command to connect, looking for euros to host server for euros atm

TF2V is a spamfag's weat dream, because they just ban anyone who doesn't want to hear obnoxious 500% volume bullshit that we've all heard 1000 times before.

Oh boy, they're playing shitty kingdom hearts songs again, did you like simple and clean the last 500 times you heard it? No? Too bad.

That guy, I think Powerbread, who hogs the mic constantly playing the same stuff all the time is a bit of a nuisance. It's not what fun micspam should be about IMO. But you can just mute people locally.
As for bans, I don't know how banhappy you faggots are.

Use the mute function faggot.
Also devfags, fix the mute function so it only mutes voice while leaving text chat alone.

Bread plays mostly music. I mute him most of the time, usually when the mic starts fucking up or it's a song I don't care for. I will say in his defense he does take requests so yeah.

youre right, my micspam library is very small rigth now and theres lots of repeats between nights. so i have been searching for new material and found a bunch of stuff, but it's not enough. give me all your requests

Also DOOM and DOOM II OSTs have some nice music

cavestory is mandatory

this

i need some seeders you fucks

Set up a time (preferably Wednesday) and we'll start seeding shit

tried connecting, but it said the server had differing tables. did the hotfix I put in the bin folder not apply to that?

make sure you've downloaded the latest build and applied the latest hotfix

if I apply the previous fixes, will that make a difference? not exactly going to be able to download 4.6gb every time.

all you need is latest build and hotfix

what was the last version you DLed?

probably 3.0, I'm going through the patches, then I'll apply the latest last. I gotta remember not to forget those.

Do they also included domination and revenge voicelines?

That might be the issue since the latest hotfix doesn't change class tables and 3.1 did

well now it's not considering me offline and I can't connect to the server. I think the revemu thing messed up my game.

rev emu is only if you want to not have to have steam installed. you might need a fresh install of revemu as well. I don't know because I use steam version

bump

Watching that video almost makes me want to play TF2 again. How dead is this server?

we play on weekends usually

I reinstalled source SDK, but its still saying I'm offline. Guess I better reinstall tf2v. what a pain.

are you playing on Steam or revemu? Try restarting steam if you are

I'll contribute but already seeding a bunch of stuff for private trackers and Holla Forums's library

steam, trying that

Fridays *

Odd question: does TF2V support custom skins? I had some custom skins from TF2 proper (among them a skin that gives demo a 4-chambered grenade launcher so he doesn't have 2 vestigial grenades in his gun, and a mod that gave Scout a shotgun that reloads from the bottom instead of just cocking the lever and making shells magically appear) and I'm wondering if they'll work here.

Attached: 9iRpMKp6T.png (266x276, 42.95K)

alright it works, laggy as fuck on the server, but it works.

on a side note, snipers bolt cycling speed is faster than I remember it being.

Gib.
Would also like a mod that makes the rocketlauncher not look like a single shit RPG. A 4 shot RPG.

Yeah, custom HUDs are another story

Already exists in TF2V.
It'll work if it's a v_model or w_model mod, however most modern TF2 mods are c_model based.

Trying to do some stuff but goddamn every site now requires a fucking phone # for "verification"

The devs are faggots and the game is doomed to die

Attached: adolf-hitler.jpg (300x250, 11.41K)

Just move on. I have.

WTF, this is an SJW game?

TF2 is dead, and any attempts to revive it will end in failure because it's cursed

The goycord is normalfag containment first and foremost. Go be retarded elsewhere or save it for in server.

This.

Also, as usual, Gamenight tonight.

Go back to /4cucks/ and be a faggot there you gay enabler. You can't defend your reddit game

What would be the point of normalfag containment? Normalfags wouldn't show up in the first place if there wasn't a goycord.

Attached: 78eea39d0856b573fc90042a0d6adb1941e1428970d9e0cb063363c942890e6b.png (982x982, 384.38K)

Cannon fodder

Nevermind it's thursday today, my bad.

oh

Attached: notreallyvidya.png (869x364, 217.78K)

Pretty much, that and useful idiots to get public knowledge out there of the mod.I also wasn't aware people are allowed to act like niggers here. I thought this was 8ch Holla Forums, not cuckchan or reddit

GAMENIGHT FRIDAY 7PM EST

The devs are edgy goon faggots who strawman their hate of TF2C into an edgy knockoff that is going nowhere.

Do you have bipolar disorder or something?

that's 19 dicks in your mouth

No, just a severely disappointed user unhappy with the current path of the TF2 mods in general.

Boy some of you really hate your privacy huh? Whatever enjoy your bloated spyware, I suggest Tox or Mumble

You are actually right about the later, one of the main devs use to frequent somethingawful years ago, but to call them edgy is stupid. Its like you are using edgy as a buzzword and by the way you post you aren't't from here. See please, get >>>/out/

Attached: b2a4c9e1b950c3bb0598d2e59fd06f2d7d503d6b30cd075d369fe0c51f427343.png (287x417, 39.01K)

I think Holla Forums is being raided.
By one dedicated shitposter.

Lurking in the gamergoy thread, looks like there's some e-celeb drama that brought a bunch of fags to the board.

Is it OP?

>>/brainlet/
Kill yourself. Livestream it. Be the sequel to the 4/r9k/ shitskin. You are the reason these threads get filled with shit. Fuck off forever and let someone involved with the project that isn't a reddit-using goon be the "public face".

Why? You got kicked and only kicked from the normalfag containment because you wanted to come in and the first thing out of your mouth was stupid shit.. In what world is it a good idea to run into a room and act like a edgy retard and not expect to be treated as such?

[CITATION NEEDED]

I figured, with cuckchan being down as well I was expecting more trash to roll in.

I'm the one who got kicked from dickord you retarded faggot. Worse than Gmod admins

To the user who made the magnet link
If you can open up tonight or tomorrow I'll DL from you and hopefully we can get seeders going

One of the devs used to frequent Something Awful a decade and a half ago before moving to halfchan and eventually ending up here. It's not all that uncommon for those who have been around long enough hell that's how 4chan fucking started.

>Hurr we have to act just like TF2C's goycord and not allow anons to be anons despite us being (((different mods))) even though we're just TF2C without bugfixes or improvements when you could just go play TF2007/TFPort instead

My money would be on devanon then, never set foot inside SA. Have bummed around something sensitive though a couple of times looking at shit.

You can do that here, and in game. Why are you so upset there is ONE PLACE you're not allowed to act like a sloven retard? Does it remind you of real life too much? Are you just that socially retarded?

by this point i have lost track of who is the shitposter and who isnt

why dont we have a gamenight?

Attached: the jarate fists.png (327x337, 24.71K)

it's up now

Why is this game dead?

You can thank the tryhards for that.

we have gamenights normally on fridays which start in ~1-2 hours

GEE, I WONDER WHO COULD BE THE FUCKING GOON
Niggrrs better join in half an hour

ITS TIME TO GAME NIGHT!!!!

Attached: 1435995815428.gif (478x360, 1.36M)

fuck

I bet Mark is behind this.

Server owner fix your shit

Attached: C3o3Lc6WQAAmYNd.jpg large.jpg (1069x600, 83.28K)

Server will be down for a few weeks. Sorry about that. You can play retail TF2 in the meantime.

Attached: 1bbf88cf17d50581975bb361560bb46ff31b6844565dad512a26950bed61e0b6.png (472x482, 26.1K)

this better be bait nigga

thank god

now i'm unsure

The map crashed the server and I was asleep. The server is back up now There 26 other new maps in the rotation have fun

YEAH! LET'S GET GAMENIGHT GOING!

mega.nz/#!SCARQbQK!oDV1GZU0-Z1i8A_BIPdRPmelBzkkDqV7JK0Mpn2qtIg

6 players on

Should we keep track of all the maps that make everyone leave?

WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

a new challenger appears!

Attached: server.png (3172x68, 2.13K)

Make a solution for piratefags and we'll talk.

Ban dodo and we'll talk

Did you miss the revemu post like right after OP?

a-at least we're open source

Attached: 19c091931d14ec504aaacf94da10f0c829673fc61c9dd375d896a88015075e4a.png (643x523, 162.03K)

it was active earlier. but we gotta plan a better one in advance

When do we move to >>>/vg/ ?

The Source engine includes a server setting called "sv_pure" that's designed to make custom content bug out, and TF2 is set to have that server setting enabled by default, but that shouldn't be the case in TF2V.

I figure we should probably run this thread simultaneously with a /vg/ one before killing this. I say let this thread run it's course next thread we'll put a news bulletin point about moving to /vg/ and after that let the thread die

>>>/vg/27149

Fucking great.

I hope the momentum keeps up, promoting TF2V there if/when /vg/ gets popular would be a hell of a lot easier than here. Remember when Mark refused to promote TF2V as one of the top 100 mods of the year saying he's not interested in promoting modding/developers on his board losing us the nomination?

oh now I'm remembering that, the moddb thing right?

Oh fuck I forgot about that shit.

Yeah. We would have easily clinched the nomination for top 100 giving us way more popularity and the TF2 Wiki would have had to give us an article as a result, but he didn't bother promoting it. Then when asked he ranged from "I didn't see it" to "Oh, I forgot" until eventually it turned out he purposely didn't advertise it not wanting something Holla Forums made to become popular.

it's shit like that that made me fucking leave, and then he has the nerve to OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN whenever talking about alternative boards gets too heated and simultaneously singing 8ch's fucking praises as "uncucked". glad i caught this thread, i don't pay attention to whatever shit's stickied and now i know there's an alternate Holla Forums that looks very very good.

Attached: 6c1405477f0f871f4f9b0fe57ac4853e29bb3a3f8ae399b4581afed0d27ce469.jpg (799x657, 22.29K)

Depending on how the rest of this thread goes it might end up killed in favor of the /vg/ one

Looks like the stickied thread is getting restless, too.

Well it had 199 posts before it got nuked down to 90 a it's still not got back there, I can see why they'd get mad.

Glad I skipped tbh, had fun with other stuff instead of being disappointed and angry. What a tragedy. Game night announced for like a week? Ignored. Cs 1.6 on probably the day of? Stickied. Not to mention the steamfags and goycordfags that never play.

We're in /vg/'s new sticky permanently.

Gamenight when

Never, these guys moved to /vg/ because splintering users is fucking great they have beef with Mark.

Attached: 1432437735445.gif (293x182, 255.94K)

It's not splintering if everyone moves at the same time.

Attached: 0c363ad824d9fb3dc1c7ea758dfe448fe954baf3d21f1719ebbcd75cf15b2cac.png (749x750, 85.54K)

The idea is to leave this running for this thread and the next with the next thread having a bulletin point about the move. Then after that we'll move on to /vg/ for better or for worse.

Gamenight tomorrow, noon EST

Is this like tf2 classic without alphablaster?

Yes, and without sonic OC weapons

False cause. It died because of tryhards displacing the people who just wanted to have fun.

In vintage
Most of the guys are just too good. A few of them are former comp fags so their skill level is going to be greater than average

The amount of people on Holla Forums who played TF2 is already a very, very small fraction of the original base game. It's guaranteed that the number of those people on 8ch who played tf2 who are willing and able to play Vintage are most likely average at best. Nobody is going to have fun if one or two tryhard shitters on either team picks sniper and clicks heads before anyone can get on the objective.

Attached: 4d64211da1068c46cbe671d5282a4916aa51e35122e50d059b5c6ad0b2663f23.png (1053x1070, 1.66M)

I didn't say anything died, I don't know what you're talking about or what it has to do with my post.

Gamenoon

I can usualy close gaps on bach and dodo the trick is to not be seen

The best way to not get shot by them is by not playing.

Do you want them to purposefully miss half their shots so you can have fun? Is that you, commiecat?

No, commie cat is one of those people. Worse is they bodyshot, at least bach gets nice clean headshots

t. bachingo

MEMEHOLE GO GO

2v2 right now

gonna try playing again

LIVE ON MEMEHOLE

TF2V is a shit meme for furries and goons.

This mod still alive? Anyone on?

A lot of the thread has moved to /vg/ to escape the kike. We're only keeping this alive till the thread dies. We'll continue to use this thread till it hits limit and drops off or the kike patrol deletes it

6v6 IS FOR SHITTERS
HIGHLANDER ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Attached: 1345011938839.gif (200x200, 114.38K)

ok

lolhl

Attached: ANIME_IS_BAD.png (800x600, 124.25K)

>>>/cuckold/

Are any of you faggots going to be playing today/this weekend or is the mod as good as dead?

Is this mod still full of furries?

Attached: deus_trump.jpg (600x745, 53.52K)

Most of us have left for /vg/ because redditors and cuckchanners flooding here and mark just being a retard in general one too many times

The magnet doesn't work!

Attached: af51b5499035f6dc597839a5896e90031a331f9817a1395e41b7b5898853ad99.jpg (432x391, 7.35K)

You mean because we wouldn't shill the mod, right?

Sasuga

There are no seeders. Host needs to put up the torrent so people can DL it and seed it

UPDATE
>>>/vg/31126

Lotta new shit implemented. check the moddb page

Gonna hop on in 10 minutes you fucks better be there

Attached: 1456597598438.jpg (422x403, 49.77K)

Gamenight time

THE GAY COMMUNITY?!

Attached: 2018-03-24-1521870301.png (285x301, 91.34K)

JUST

How the mighty has fallen, that is if you consider cannibalizing a leaked game something great.

Attached: Tranny burns gay flag.jpg (1429x1229, 158.8K)

So it's as good as dead then, that's disappointing.

Imagine how many people like that still lurk the site, i've even heard furfags tend to larp on Holla Forums.

What explicitly did Mark do?

furfags are a strange bunch, they isolated themselves on the internet and gained a strong sense of in-group appreciation because of it.

Do you really need examples?

Also according to the goygate threads, TF2V created /vg/ for the sole purpose of spiting mark. The amount of reaching of some people is so fucking intense it can be felt around the world

One example will suffice. I don't know what Mark did.

What is the difference between this and TF2 Classic? I've played neither but they both seem to aim for the same thing at least. Anyone who knows which is more popular?

jesus christ, is that true? those people live in their own fucking world completely separate of the rest of the site.

tf2 classic shifted focus from "tf2 rollback + inclusion of beta and tf1 elements and concepts" to "tf2 four-team deathmatch", something about alphablaster circlejerks that i never paid much attention to as well

Fucking christ if those gamershits actually listened to that fuck I hope their threads die.

the threads should have died a year ago

Sperged out because of sonic and deleted 3/4 of an unofficial gamenight thread a week ago, also banned most of the anons posting in it including the OP. Now try and keep the bread drama free.

just read over it again and it reads like i thought what the gamergate-thread mouthbreathers said was true, for clarification i was asking if they actually said that

gamergate threads should be treated like 4am tee bee aych, the "they have their own board for it" argument still applies

Attached: sadness very big.png (499x585, 145.56K)

here's the screencap

Attached: 40addf445474b63c47ddd96069704a3c047b91a1ab92827b48094d0822467955.png (813x219, 48.47K)

jesus christ, they do know /vg/ dates back to somewhere around Holla Forums's own inception on this thing, right? there's threads old enough on there even with the board's flourishing that you can tell. they're not that fucking sheltered from the rest of the board, let alone the rest of the site, right?

Attached: worry.png (276x294, 136.94K)

Considering the fact that thread and to an extent Holla Forums are a major infestation point for redditors. yes I think they are that retarded

game going on with cuntsman snipers for both teams

redditers need to be gassed. good luck with your thread and your game, I won't be playing it. Mark can be a nigger but try to get in touch with him if he does something autistic.

We are going to play in 3 hours, remember to join by then

Attached: 1a28ecec7221a057eb937fbc1e9b9ebfc26a283305b08d48fc715c40b27bd70d.png (437x441, 256.06K)