Medieval Fighting Games

Why is there still not a completely off the fucking wall medieval fighting game? I wanna crumple people with my ebin sword combos.

Attached: medieval_brutality.mp4 (1280x720, 13.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bestarmour.com/
tomala.lublin.pl/
thorkil.pl/
gdfb.co.uk/
kp-art.fi/jt/index_eng.html
rivetedchainmail.pl/
luciferarmoury.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I actually remember a really old on DOS and Amiga era PCs that had dragons, skeletons, an ogre I think and a world map.

For honor,my big goy

Play Exanima and say no mo f@m.

What you're thinking of probably isn't a medieval fighting game. MFGs are a recent sub-genre of the FPS/TPS. Notable examples include the Mount and Blade series, Chivalry and War of the Roses. One of the pioneers of the genre was Dark Messiah.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Am I getting memed on here?

They're not actually fighting games. You're thinking of fighting games with medieval characters.

I don't mean Chivalry I mean a full-on 2D fighting game like Street Fighter

2D fighting games suck cock.

Then there are plenty of medieval fighting games. Medieval Japan, at least.

this and also try 3DFG. Soulcalibur although probably not medieval enough for you.

If 2d fighting games suck cock, then 3d ones are whores in the middle of a bukkake session.

Actually those are usually set in time periods contemporary to the renaissance. It's Chinese games that take place in the equivalent of medieval times or antiquity.

Attached: retard.jpg (720x736, 32.41K)

Full on proper 2D Fighter you've only got Battle Fantasia by Arcsys and Chaos Breaker/Dark Awake by Eolith(They made some of the KoF games) and Taito.

Attached: 1449351507165.jpg (872x535, 210.88K)

Yes you graphics fag, 3d adds nothing to fighters core gameplay.

I think Japan considers its equivalent of medieval to go up to the end of the Muromachi shogunate, so most games from the Sengoku era would be straddling the line. I could be wrong though.

It's not fucking fair. Wasting this much potential should be a fucking crime.
All I ever wanted was a fighting game based on middle age warriors that's neither full blown realism autism nor superpowered magical anime bullshit.
I want it back
GIVE IT BACK

Attached: Bullying (3)

2.5D doesn't. 3D adds an extra dimension.

These are old beta webms, I had to cut some corners when recording to save space in some, and in others my sound was just plain fucked in OBS.

Attached: Tricked Revisit.webm (960x540, 8.18M)

There's this. Is this good enough for you?

Pretty sure that game was made for reddit, by a diverse team of developers with various religious beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities

The game was made for the audience of dumbfuck dudebros that watch Deadliest Warrior and think they know anything at all about military history. The life of that game is pretty much exactly what I expected.

I expected it to flounder harder personally but maybe I'm too optimistic.

Where can I find a good set of gothic plate

Attached: 20160716_111529 - Copy.jpg (778x751, 136.37K)

This. I want to know.

There are some good Polish and Czech manufacturers.
Just don't stop or start working out, after you ordered your armor, because y'know, tailor made.
bestarmour.com/
tomala.lublin.pl/
thorkil.pl/

for pretty good riveted mail:
gdfb.co.uk/
sadly not bespoke tho

here some very HQ swordmaker:
kp-art.fi/jt/index_eng.html

Couldn't find a custom ankle boot, or gambeson maker btw, pls help

Are there any ornate manufacturers you know of? I won't be sparing most likely I am in medicine and will be most likely on-staff to watch

Shouldn't they all be open to special wishes in exchange to some extra sheckels?
Or do you mean the high tier stuff like engraving, gilding, etching, embossing or bluing?
Found two others btw
rivetedchainmail.pl/
luciferarmoury.com/index.php
It seems that the first one makes custom made gambesons, buts sadly no chausses

Because nobody cares about WACKY meme games. Not even reddit post-saints row 4. Street fighter itself can barely hold a solid audience without paying the FGC to suck the game's dick for attention.

Every match just turns into throwing people off of cliffs or infinite spam combo killing

Attached: Only mildly retarded.png (1600x1600, 66.33K)

I completely forgot Deadliest Warrior was even a thing.

Was it Moonstone: A Hard Day's Knight?

Attached: moonstone-a-hard-days-knight_42.png (320x200 14.46 KB, 10.89K)

This has been an accurate description of Ubisoft for ages now, user.

gotta love resizable art

Attached: pixelssm8.png (1600x1000 199.83 KB, 214.25K)

Sound adds nothing to the core gameplay of a fighting game.

I watched it for the laughs personally, I couldn't get enough of the dumb meatheads hosting the show who brought on either similar meatheads or actual historical experts whose embarrassment you could sometimes feel through the broadcast as a pig carcass dressed in maille with no padding was hacked at by a guy trying really hard to be a biker.

Yeah that's it. I don't remember it having vertical movement though so maybe it's more like a beatemup.

get a load of this saracen

dark souls series

Still waiting for that fucking update.

It's like you niggers never play modern games.

Attached: Screenshot_50.jpg (1365x761, 93.16K)

>>>/cuckchan/

Not even a quarter of it is combat and its still a buggy mess. I spend most of the time digging up graves and being a snake-oil salesman

Nah I picked knights my dude. I'm all for the crusades, but reddit ruined everything templar-related by overusing it until it was ran into the ground.

do we have a pic for all the recommended Mount and Blade Warband mods?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Found the Bohemian Jew

Attached: 8609288a7fa300c2c1ca0cf1af2f8fd9858a4f7dfc65edb745f596986b8f2957.png (1024x724, 1.1M)

Painting aren't the most reliable source of information in the world, just saying

what did he mean by this?

Attached: 1461432778820.jpg (201x247, 15.38K)

That a lot of surviving paintings/drawings were made long after the events they depict, artists usually were never there first-hand to begin with so they had to use second/third/fourth/etc.-hand information and their imagination to fill in the blanks, historical accuracy was limited to what they knew around themselves so it was often shown completely anachronistically, and that (much like historical depictions today) they were often more interested in showing action and drama and cool visuals over what actually happened.

Attached: apollo drinking coffee.gif (500x284, 495.66K)

you mean like pic related?

Attached: Soul_calibur.jpg (900x675, 332.68K)

fuck off vavra you kike

But that poster wasn't talking about paintings as a historical source, accurate or not. He was just semite-shaming Vavra.

I was just addressing the question at face value for a giggle, I know exactly what their real argument here is about.

It has it's quirks I can't argue against that, but it's far better than Skyrim's bugs. There are entire quests centered on the medieval fighting, from unarmed to pole, sword, mace, axe e.t.c. even a tournament for melee and archery. There's chumps, where you have to practice your archery in a tourney against two npc's while shooting at logs traveling down a river.

There are plated up knights on the road looking for a chivalrous fight who will bend the knee if you win.

Plus the armour/ clothing system they have, the combinations you can make really allows you to experiment with a style, both aesthetically and in effectiveness.

Attached: Screenshot_49.jpg (1352x716, 250.02K)

SoulCalibur is set in the 1600s you mongoloid that aint medieval.

They also often used not existant equipmemt at the time where the painting is set in.
E.g. Romans wearing brigandines and sallets (lol)

What would the roster be?

And then maybe a Mughal/Indian warrior or something from southeast asia? like the Khmer or Sukhothai?

Eh, it's itt's right at the start of the age of exploration, I'd say it'd be fine.

Attached: 25c8ee0440af2f91148fe66c526c2c6d.jpg (819x1061 102.63 KB, 266.53K)

wew lad

Attached: get out.jpg (800x800, 722.38K)

Interesting thing is that it just had a price drop and did the R6 "Starter Pack" thing

Also I think people underestimate how fucking crazy this shit got, they literally had fucking multi-stage rockets that flew in specific arcs, and then would fall over an enemy force, and then a bomb inside of it would detonate on impact with the ground (first pic), outright fucking missiles that let out poison gas and caltrops (second pic), and flamethowers slapped on lances (third pic),

For the first image

Under each wing there are two [slanting] rockets. The fourfold fuse, connected with the rockets [and about a foot long], is put through a hole drilled on the back. When in use, this is lit first.

For the second:

Attached: huo_qiang_fire_lance.png (461x600 111.95 KB, 40.75K)

You mean the game that came out a couple of years after Mountain Blade went into Early Access?

I'm not that other poster, and I don't disagree with your comment about Soul Calibur. I was just poking fun at your usage of "ain't" rather than "isn't", because it signals to me your mongoloid status.

Oh man i killed so many guys who were submitting because of my laggy machine not starting the submit animation quick enough

I could take the chivalrous knight a lot more serious if he didn't show up every 10 minutes, even if I killed him a few times before.

We have IDs here newfriend

Just play The Last Blade games.

I realize that, and I suspect that does. But baked into the statement of "Can't argue the fact gets autism over stupid things." is the implication that I disagreed with him in the first place. He probably came back from Holla Forums to realize that there was a critical response to his post, and didn't check to make sure I was the same person he originally responded to.

Meant for

I'd also love to have a well made movie about knights fighting, but in a realistic fashion. That means exhausted alpha males missing half of their hits but brutally breaking the adversary skull or spine in a desperate attempt to survive

"ain't" has been in use since the wild west days you dumb box of bricks

Attached: IT WAS ME ALL ALONG AUSTIN.jpg (1891x5224, 964.4K)

Don’t we all have autism?

Kek'd.
I just completed the main storyline of this game, meeting Konrad Kysler was a surprise he made me laugh with all his mannerisms, his look, his voice.
I can't get enough of this game.

Attached: Screenshot_48.jpg (1355x575, 84.77K)

For Honor

It's improved a lot since launch. It's slowly building back up a playerbase after the P2P fuckery and bugs which plagued it a year ago.

Attached: 62114215_p5_master1200.jpg (323x433 227.67 KB, 33.63K)

P2P got removed, friend. Also the game is in the best balance state it's ever been in excluding Shaman.

Looking at it on steam right now, what's the difference between the starter edition and regular game? Other than prize i mean.

Make a list, not interested enough in the game to check it out myself.

Changes since launch include new game modes, dedicated servers, increased Steel gain, complete reworks of Kensei, Berserker and Conqueror, harsh rebalancing of gear stats in 4v4 modes so they're tiny little buffs at best and no longer give you instant revenge - and several critical bug fixes.

The Starter Edition is similar to the Rainbow 6 Siege version but way more lenient.

In For Honor this isn't actually too bad, because unlike in Siege, characters aren't limited to one per team in 99% of modes, and 8K steel is farmable by just playing casually an hour a day and completing your orders. You'll have 8K within a week at the longest.

Attached: 62114215_p1_master1200.jpg (584x669 396.98 KB, 217.02K)

Did they nerf PK? Did they fix Warlord's 60-mile shield push? Or at least make Lawbringer viable?

Do I gotta use Uplay to launch? Cause if so, I won't be getting it for PC. I've been avoiding siege for the same reason.

I can't speak for For Honor, but I got siege through steam and it still makes you open uplay, so I imagine FH will pull that shit too

Don't buy it on steam, you'll have to open uplay as well to play.

Siege is the only Ubi game i've purchased in like 10 years so i didn't know they were gonna do that shit to me at the time

If they remove the always online, i'd consider it.

Other ideas:

>Some sort of west african warrior, such as the Mali or Songhai WE

I was also going to suggest DLC packs based on Bronze and Iron age cultures, but you could do an entire seperate game on those

Attached: 6zaowj (1)

CHALLENGERS APPROACHING

How would this type of game play? I see a lot of 2D fighters that use Light, Medium, Heavy attack buttons and similar but never something along the lines of Horizontal, Vertical, and Jab.

Attached: Sikh Warrior.jpg (294x373 142.23 KB, 14.59K)

Danes are a good call, and while I love the idea of the Sikh and the Tlingit (Who made some really fucking rad weapons and armor out of metal they traded with europeans for, and armor out of wooden pieces that was basically like mail/plate armor but out of coins and wooden blocks), neither are really medieval: Sikhism was only founded in the 1500's, and the Tlingit may not have existed in the medivial period.

The Zulu and other native americans suffer from that problem as well. I included the Aztec and Inca empire because they DID exist in the medieval era (albiet the latter half), both having their captials founded in the 1300's; and for that mattter, had actual formal armies that fought in formation, used standards; with rank structures and such, as well as full state governments, and as such really weren't socially/organizationally that different from eurasian medivial soldiers aside from using stone/bronze instead of iron and steel.

Most fighting games have an attack height system: generally speaking, there are overheads, mids, and lows (sometimes also highs), with lows bypassing sttanding block, and overrheads bypassing crouching block. As an example of an exception, Pokken doesn't have height based blocking at all, and instead has attack heights matter for attacks being able to pass under or over each otther, or you being able to duck or dodge over moves oof certain heights.

I imagine a game like this would have to work like a combination of those 2 suystems, where you have height based blocking, but 1 block for each attack height

*medieval societies, as their government/political/social complexity and citiy sizes were pretty comparable as well, not just their miltiaries. actually if anything their militaries would be behind a bit, (vs the other stuff being more on par) they were more like bronze/iron age armies then medieval ones, but due to geographical limitations there wasn't much they realistically could have done too get further anyways as far as military complexity.

Still, point being, they existed in the medivial period and had formal armies, so they are worth includiing as much as asian or middle eastern soldiers.

I love you user, I want to cuddle you

Eh, I included them because I like close range combat games in general and variety is always nice. I don't think a premise for a video game doesn't always have to be 100% believable or realistic either. And if it bothers you to see different time periods clashing, you could always say that time traveling ayylmaos went through history gathering humanity's greatest warriors and are having them fight for their amusement. Ridiculous, sure. But it works to an extent.
That way we could have Haitian matchete fighters and other "weird" classes

Please do.

Attached: Haitian Machete Figher.jpg (792x1228 918.57 KB, 365.56K)

Attached: 95d08ed058d65df8c6527d4f140d2e58ce9321c713e53f683a3fa2d9093f68db.webm (300x400, 3.83M)

Peacekeeper is still the same, but the next major thing to be balanced is back dashing while out of stamina. Hopefully it's within the next month alongside the conpletely new training mode.

Lawbringer is S tier in 4v4 modes thanks to his bombs, and because of parrying no longer netting guaranteed guardbreaks, Lawbringer is now the parry king. That's thanks to heavy parries guaranteeing an impale which guarantees a top heavy if they hit a wall, and a top unblockable on parry if you parry a light.

Attached: choo_choo_motherfucker.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

Good old days
Tell me, are the servers good after all?

I've always been a 2v2 man, was never fond of 4v4 with its killstreak powers and stuff. Is he still helpless in a 1v1?
Also what happened to the parry? Is it still nigh impossible to pull off?

The servers are a fuckton more stable, you'll have the odd disconnection but nowhere near the levels of the old P2P system.

The parry change they recently made stopped guaranteed guardbreaks, but this doesn't affect Lawbringer.

Attached: Centurion Gameplay.webm (760x516 263.87 KB, 625.51K)

There's already a centurion and gladiator

You're gonna have to explain that one.

Attached: 1520799138462.jpg (223x226 232.49 KB, 36.66K)

It has a single player campaign
It's godawful and nobody in their right mind would want to play it, but it's there

How much should I reduce the controller dead zone for PC?

Preference. For example I actually leave the dead zone as standard because when I lowered it I always kept fucking up and activating AllBlock (down on the right stick with specific characters) which drained stamina and did nothing.

Attached: 63190705_p1_master1200.jpg (424x1020 203.41 KB, 207.86K)

Fuck my life

Full max retard.

Get Mordhau.

Attached: 1348893297344.gif (288x162, 1020.68K)

Soul Calibur?

As other anons have said, there's a single player. It's also a matter of principal.