Animations leading the game

Why is this a successful trend? To clarify, what I mean is that the game has absolutely zero depth and exists solely to look pretty over at it's most basic level. The new XCOM games do this, the arkham series does this, Transformers Fall of Cybertron is incredibly guilty of this, Max Payne 3 is kind of. Take the Arkham games for example, the combat, the gadgets, the boss fights, even the movement is made for the sole purpose of going "OH WOW WHAT PRETTY ANIMATIONS" and in spite of being a series that has so much care and attention put into it, it also has this care and attention put anywhere that isn't gameplay or music. Imagine if Batman's combat was more like Prince of Persia's or Ninja Gaiden, where the objective is to zip around and fuck enemies up quickly, complete with an agile acrobat moveset for batman. Wall running, various punches and kicks, and actually being able to your own movement, positioning and skills to form great looking combos instead of having everything play out for you when all the gameplay can be boiled down to is "press counter when the blue shit appears, and do a bunch of shit when Y enemies appear for once, then go back to mashing attack until the blue shit appears".
Why exactly is it preferable for AAA games to be these conduits for which every single bit of effort goes into anything that isn't the actual gameplay? Is it truly better to have the camera shake like crazy and you get an ability that constantly makes you enter a cutscene for 5 minutes, while every remotely interesting scenario is on autoplay really that much better than actually bringing out those scenarios by your hand, with your own skills and the tools given to you by the game and how they play together?
I doubt it's a developer thing, it's more an audience thing which still baffles me more. Why is Arkham combat preferable to say Ninja Gaiden's or God Hand? Why is the mobile game tier XCOM preferable to the insane depth games released a decade or two, including the predecessors of said game? Why is having auto slow mo segments where Max does everything and you're just for the ride preferrable to have you figure out you can interact with the environment and set up the perfect shootdodge yourself? Why do most costumers pick this over that? It pisses me off, we've been stuck with this shitty trends for so long they're worming their way into everything and it's been a while since we've seen a fluid and deep combat system from AAA faggots. Does Automata count as AAA?

Other urls found in this thread:

sapphirenation.net/wp-content/themes/sapphire/Articles/slider-effects/Blacklist-AF-8x-vs-Blacklist-AF-16x.html
sapphirenation.net/wp-content/themes/sapphire/Articles/slider-effects/Blacklist-AO-OFF-vs-Blacklist-HBAO .html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tl;dr on that son?
I appreciate the effort, but you need to learn to condense your ideas.

Attached: Brevity-is-the-soul-of-wit.jpg (2000x966, 162.56K)

I think it just shows that today's game developers are incredibly shallow people making incredibly shallow works for an incredibly shallow audience. If it looks pretty on the surface level, then that's the developer's design philosophy followed through on, the work they've created having achieved exactly what they set out to have it achieve, and their audience having gotten all that they'd wish for from a game.

Also that spoiler
No Automata doesn't count as AAA.
It barely had any budget and most of it went to voice actors and modeling 3 main characters.
When Squeenix of all publishers comes out and says 2 mills is a good sale figure, you know they didn't spend shit on game.

Attached: 45443.JPG (1022x181 30.89 KB, 26.93K)

inb4 Cuphead

Once again. Marketing rules. All that matters to major corporations is the 1st day 1st month sales and hopefully a game of the year award. The "modern audience" doesn't really care about videogames and just plays a game until they see credit screen and not acutally analyze gameplay. I appreciate the shinobi video but what does having to do the first level have anything to do with dedication to ghe game mechanics of the game?

You need to learn to stop being a nigger and read. You make Holla Forums worse

autism speaks

it's time to listen

is this the game blizzard ripped off for genji's design in OW?

No, that would be Samurai Shodown

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1278x720, 155.25K)

whoa calm down there buckley

Attached: buckley.gif (615x777, 1.9M)

Normalfags want to do cool things, but don't want to expend the effort needed to do the cool things. This is fostered by game devs, see the God of War devs, who realize there is a market for people who want the gold star for trying. This is made worse because unless normalfags are made aware of it, they generally don't think it is anything special when they see someone doing crazy shit in games that actually require input for that to happen. Plus there is generally less creativity with a lot of genres now, for example something like Otogi or Shinobi would never be made now, instead if they would probably copy the DMC/Platinum style.

Also ever heard of a game called Earth's Dawn?
It probably has the shittiest animations in game with animations period.
It also looks bad in general.
But's a fun game with good combat, cool story and light grinding elements that allow for extensive post game if you're into it.
But nobody cares because it has terrible animations.

Attached: 20170711213358_1.jpg (1920x1080, 323.6K)

modern vida directors are failed or aspiring film directors and suits cant tell the difference.

Attached: b24.jpg (600x600, 46.65K)

Is this loss? lol

Because many people that play on PC are console faggots who just want the same dumbed down easy mode for action flicks they played when they were kids way back in 2015 but with high resolution graphics. So now you have art being the main focus of games and the sad part is that most of the animations and textures are still awful if not worse in some cases. Developers aren't going to make a good game if all they have to do is make a film in engine to appease niggers that have invaded our hobby.

But to the point of having the game autoplay for you?

Basically why normalfaggots settle for feeling like X instead of being X.

I've heard of this before, I'll give it a shot, thanks. Speaking of games with shitty animations but fun combat there's this game called The First Templar which to an extent has the same combat as the Arkham games, except you need to take into account your positioning, have abilities like charging through a bunch of enemies to knock em down, environmental interactions and it was a genuine hard son of a bitch to finish on Hard. I mean it's still not the combat system I'd desire but it was better than Arkham, that much I remember.

nigga why

Last time I checked if you play arkham game on hard or something you also
But I also remember hard mode being not available from get go so you had to play through on brain dead difficulty and then there is no point because you already finished the game and saw everything.

With Asylum what I recall is that they disabled the counter prompts, which was cool.
With the rest I don't think Hard really changed anything besides how much damage is dealt to you. You could still turn off counter prompts, but I believe that was in new game+ and why the fuck would I new game+ if I'd already 100%'d new game.

Something like that yeah. Asylum was basically Asscreed moved into right direction and then with city and later games they just backpedaled into busywork 1 button open word games about checking check boxes.

This has been a problem even for PC gamers well before 2015.

Yes, it's the audience (or distributor) who want muh immersions.
FFXV for example.

Because being X requires effort.

But it's cooler and more fun to play.

You're talking how about Normalfags are impressed by one button prompts that trigger cool animations like nu-Tomb Raider and Uncharted? Yeah, I hate that shit too.

Not just that but overly elaborate shit like having your cahracter stumble over himself whenever you turn. It never adds anything to the game other than dead air where you aren't allowed to do anything.

Somewhat off-topic, but good animations and textures > polycount on models.

the witcher 2 and 3 are great examples of it. I rarely see it talked about, but there's inconsistent animations solely for the wow factor that actually damages game play by introducing random length animations to basic attacks.

there's your problem. when you attempt to attract millions of idiots to your platform with propaganda about how "the gwaficks are so much better than on consoles!" then you get millions of idiots to your platform. The western industry loves it because graphics settings have been a scam for nearly a decade.

Attached: normal is console settings.jpg (1920x1080, 125.9K)

Yep. And what gets me (though i understand why they do it), is that the devs could easily program an ultra-low mode, just by including a low texture pack, and turning off some of the needless physics… so the game would run smooth on toasters and still look pretty good. But no, can't do that even.

Calling a game a button masher is a good way to make it sound dumb and remove any idea of cool surrounding it.

Attached: Dunkey_-_Batman_combat.webm (426x240, 1.29M)

Please stop talking about shit know absolutely nothing about.

Is it just me or does "low" actually look better?

It's less blurry, yes.

That's not true since most games have shitty animations.

Meme it faggot.

Goodness, but the reason is that graphics sells. Graphics hook the lowest common denominator consumer the quickest, people want it to look good for themselves make themselves feel like they're in it.
Complexity in game design and complexity in art direction for the most part work against each other. If you want indepth systems, the effort required to render that to a high quality and consistently through slick design, animations and high quality models becomes a large work load. Conversely, if you design high quality "set pieces" for a game, then reworking those set pieces into more generic gameplay instead of those set pieces becomes more difficult too.
Graphics and gameplay will always work against each other since there's only so much money to spend funding development time and only so much time developers will spend on working on a product. Graphics trumps gameplay because marketing is so crucial for most middle to high budget games since it maximizes profits, and graphics will always sell in adverts over engaging gameplay.

It breaks my heart because there's obviously a lot of effort put into all four games. Just not in the right places in my opinion. Yeah Arkham Knight looked gorgeous with the rain effects and the vibrant colors and whatnot, but at the end of it all it's the same fucking button mashing combat except now you can wail on people while they're on the ground and enemies occasionally give you an opportunity to instantly knock them out without anything. Imagine if you had to duck and manuever around all the shit these thugs would throw at you, imagine if you could customize your combos so that different button combinations have different combos based on your choices. If you could grapple enemies and toss them around to gain breathing room or if you could use movement like sprinting, jumping, wallrunning or vaulting over enemies to deal more damage to your enemies or target enemy limbs(The thing in mind is something as simple as lower body(enemies move slower), upper body(enemies can't grab you or do certain attacks), head(enemies get stunned instead of that shitty cape stun shit)). And so on.
And since I'm on the topic of the games what the fuck is up with the bosses? Four games and they all suck bat ass.

I figure because higher settings include garbage like Motion Blur or Lens Flare or Film Grain.

That's a staple of every AAA game now. Uncharted, Watch Dogs, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, etc. I don't mind since they feel lifelike.

It doesn't have depth of field.

I know Fallout 4 ran smooth as butter on a toaster with a texture pack. I've also seen Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Hitman and other AAA games suddenly run perfectly fine, on systems way below min-specs, with just a bit of tweaking. So you tell me who's bullshitting who.

Attached: Doubt.jpg (536x800, 61.87K)

Is it even possible to make people feel bad for playing a game with aim assist?
I think FPS might be beyond salvation.

Attached: halo-bulletmagnetism.webm (640x360, 7.03M)

Textures just utilize more of your RAM in most games.

Attached: Killing Floor 2 Aim Assist-Qj00bX6t3kA-clip.webm (640x360, 11.25M)

wow.
can we confirm that its not like that on PC and they made babby mode specifically for ps4? is there an auto aim setting on ps4? or is it an invisible auto aim like halo had.

The fuckers that do that are shameless as far I know.

It had a neat style. Every action was mapped to a key, vaulting was to space, left weapon to LMB, right to RMB, kicking was to F or E or something, so on. It was still the same dial-a-combo shit. My idea is having various states for which every action has a new purpose(example kicking while standing neutral is a knockback while kicking while crouching is a sweep, etc) and every action would lead to a new or the same state and that's how you do combos, but Ubisoft went on to make Assassins Creed so it never happened.

Seconded.
I was just about to confirm that as I hope it isn't as classes that have to rely on headshots are going to be fucked.

i wouldnt be completely shocked. that aim assist in halo also applies to the PC version if i recall. the reticle doesnt slow down, but the bullets definitely bend.

So, "press button for awesome" being very successful by eye candy alongside grafics.
Things are fucked for ten years, with the majority falling to this scam, devs wont push in-depth gameplay if money making is in the table.

the uncharted style cinematic combat animation was made for plebians who couldn't get a B rank on Devil May Cry even if their thumbs depended on it
it works in uncharted because the game is trying to be as close as posible to a movie
it was made as a fun roller coaster ride
it's linear and basic when it comes to exploration and shooting but it gets the job done and even throws some clever puzzles every now and then to break up the monotony
in open world games like Batman or Mad Max it gets old really fast and almost all upgrades you get are fairly useles unless you are trying to get +500 consecutive hits nonstop wich is actually chalengingm but if you don't care about not braking the combo flo then the regular counter/attack mechanic will get you through the whole game and the animation will keep the normie brain entretained
also Ninja Gaiden's combat wasn't flawless
when i played it i discovered that all enemies had a speciffic combo they were vulnerable at and that if you pulled that move on them you would kill them 100% of the time
the game doesn't tell you this, you gotta fin out by yourself, but once you know it's very easy to break the game, the bosses still kicked you ass though
Devil May Cry 3 is the only game where the only way to advance is with skill
even bayonetta had brocken moves that were to easy to perform and to overpowered

Look I don't disagree with your general thesis in the original post but you are not being realistic when you think PoP combat was good. As for Batman more specifically, I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian and say it actually had a lot of potential as a system. It just needed more enemy verity to potentially interrupt your combos if you did not react appropriately. People often love to trash Batman's combat but the higher level combat challenges actually could get quite interesting. While I fully agree it wasn't excellent and it clearly started a garbage trend in general, I don't think the game's combat in and of itself was not essentially "bad" is that it was suited for the purpose. Rather it suffered from the developers not having faith in the player to provide a situation that really challenged the player. The system in this sense could have been improved by essentially making the enemies more competent. In this sense, I could see the PoP example being more appropriate because each enemy type clearly demanded a certain tactic to overcome and mashing a single button would likely be countered and end up with you taking damage. However, the PoP example also suffered from the same issue of redundant gameplay because every enemy of a certain type had basically one effective tactic in dispatching them. I don't know, I'm sorta just brainstorming with ideas off the top of my head. I might be completely wrong about this.

It mostly happened last generation as defered rendering took over. I think what we have now is generally better. The lowest settings don't look like a world apart from the medium settings, but the max settings aren't a massive leap over even the low settings. Most of what is being done to pump up the graphics on level 3 is minor effects that don't have a big impact on image quality, just subtle things like how motion blur is handled (object, screen space, etc.) the intensity and number of samples for the effect

sapphirenation.net/wp-content/themes/sapphire/Articles/slider-effects/Blacklist-AF-8x-vs-Blacklist-AF-16x.html
sapphirenation.net/wp-content/themes/sapphire/Articles/slider-effects/Blacklist-AO-OFF-vs-Blacklist-HBAO .html

The thing is, 13 years ago there was a massive boom on new graphics rendering techniques being invented one after the other. Innovations slowed down some time ago but there's still new things coming about.

oh if only you knew how poisoned things were

I think it's been for a long time.

How smart do you need to be to invent system that is aiming for you but most people can't see this fact? This is genius. This is invention. This is how you make success.

Halo is very popular, yes.

Attached: Is Aim Assist Ruining Console Gaming - A Discussion-JJcX96H7dbU-clip.webm (1280x720, 8.14M)

Do all guns in BF have same aim assist qualities?

I imagine snipers do not.

I didn't say it was good, I just want to see the idea behind it put to better use.

That statement was mainly to emphasize how young they are.

SAGE

Let me dumb it down for you big guy.
me like good game
me no like bad game
me find game too pretty
me find game no fun
me think work gone into pretty but no fun
ooga booga kiss my ass

Attached: didn't read.mp4 (640x360, 6.33M)

Adding Motion control for smoother aiming beside the sticks for faster turning and they could finally ditch this terrible aim assist in FPS and TPS games. See motion control experienceds with Splatoon and Steam Controller.

Actually of all the flaws MP3 has this really isn't one of them, where your guns are and how exactly you dive matter a lot if you want to finish the game on higher difficulties. In terms of the character animations anyway it's more than just prettiness. Obviously the cutscenes were fucking ass.
Make the reply box bigger before you post a wall of text and use fucking paragraphs, a lack of sufficient spacing is just as annoying to read as too much spacing.

That's the really sad thing. It's the people who are supposed to be in charge of a game's direction putting in as little thought and effort as possible while still expecting everyone around them to be giving it their all despite that all their thought and effort is just going to go to waste.

Games with good animations aid artstypes tend to offer a greater degree of conveyance to the player and therefore the player only needs to focus on the game itself. Literally everything that makes TF2 and WoW fun is applied to this simple concept. If you played either of these games you can probably recall effortlessly specific animations and tied specifically to gameplay and little else, the ability to recall specific areas of the presentation is what makes the game in and of itself addictive, because learning these tells and productions within the game increases your investment in the experience and thus your immersion. Blizzard has capitalized on this like no other studio hence why Overwatch sold like FUCKING gangbusters and hearthstone is STILL popular because more than anyone else they have mastered the art of using feedback to sell shit products to normalfags, now go back to Reddit, OP.

We get all sorts of Yakuzas and remakes of Yakuzas but SEGA can't retread this legendary game?

The most I ask for are animations that aren't sprites with five segments(head, torso, legs and arms) that're just rotated and motion tweened if the combat itself is rather complex. Having a guy just spin his sword is fine if it's a game like Staggy the Boyscout Slayer if it's oriented towards simple fun. I think your point's hurt a bit when people are fond of how NG and God Hand are animated, especially when you have things like Ryu's Izuna Drop and the fact that God Hand lets you customize your moveset with attacks that are visually different from one another.

Snipers do this instead.

Attached: Is Aim Assist Ruining Console Gaming - A Discussion-JJcX96H7dbU-snipers.webm (1280x720, 5.26M)

Probably the simplest possible example of doing this and actually getting it right is Lugaru/Overgrowth. Nearly every action in combat is autotargeted through just one or two buttons, but this input rests atop a system of layered attacks, dodges, parries, and reversals with extremely tight timing windows that demand total awareness of what every enemy is doing at any moment.

Does anybody have that one Worth A Buy clip where the plush rabbit wins a fight in a Batman game by button mashing?

Max Payne, much as I like it, certainly does have this problem. In fact, even the PC/Mac originals of the first two games have auto-aim (pretty strange, since other PC 3PS games from around the same time, like FAKK2 & Alice, didn't) noticeable enough to sometimes send shots into the corner of walls obscuring different nearby enemy.

Attached: The_work_of_one_who_consorts_with_beasts.jpg (683x3372, 1.26M)

But I am not saying Batman's combat is good, only that it had potential. More potential then PoP. I imagine Batman would have been great if the developers took inspiration form Yakuza 1 (PS2). If the combo multiplier system behaved a bit more like the Heat system in the original game I could see it actually being somewhat changeling. The failing was that they didn't have faith in the player to actually test them with the mechanics.

When did console FPS's start using aim assist? I don't remember games like Goldeneye or Turok having it.

Go play them again. Both of them have it

Don't they just reset the reticle to default? I'm talking about the original releases on the N64.

no

Goldeneye had glorious aim assist. It was easily exploited in multiplayer. Just generally move around the target until you saw the hand move on its own, press fire, instant headshot. You didn't even have to be able to see the target on the map, just watch for the hand move.

I seriously want a Shinobi/Nightshade sequel.

Attached: 6-B Boss Kill.mp4 (640x360 7.17 MB, 1.69M)

I can't blame console FPSes for having aim assist at all, I've played FPS all my life using mouse and I can't aim for shit using sticks, it's like doing brain surgery while wearing boxing gloves.

FPS should not exist on consoles tbh.

Normalfags don't like video games, they like movies desguised as video games. That's who most of the games you mentioned are marketed towards. Give them pretty cutscenes and QTEs and they're happy.

Shinobi for PS2 is one of the funniest games in existence.
It's gameplay and difficulty should be the norm for all action games.

Said it all.
Same solution as always: kill normalfags and lazy developers, and everything improves.

Both games were quite a bit more honest about it, as they'd show your character's hand actually aiming the weapon around, and sometimes even move the camera. Goldeneye's assist was also (somewhat?) optional, and could be toggled off in the settings.

Interestingly, a lot of PC shooters (especially before mouselook became the norm) had auto-aim options too, like the original Dark Forces.

Why didn't waggle controllers (Wiimote, Move, etc.) ever take off as a final solution to the gamepad problem for console shooters?

Attached: GoldenEye 007-180315-083934.png (985x739, 90.57K)

Devil Trigger Explosion?

tl;dr I want games with more interactivity than Batman's "press counter at the right time", because that style is about animations looking pretty and not about me having control.
That's it. Was that so hard, 69200e, you (1) faggotlord?

Waggle aiming fixed the lack of fine control that comes with analogue stick aiming, but it also created the problem of having a massive "dead zone" with a really slow turning circle activated by pointing the crosshair widely to the side of the TV. If there was a controller that had an analogue stick on the front near the thumb for "quick" turning (nowhere near mouse but you get my point) with the pointing for finer control, it might work, but the point of waggle was to lower the skill ceiling and bring in the "blue ocean" strategy (that Nintendo has since abandoned thank fucking god), so putting heaps of buttons and analogue sticks would only have intimidated and driven away potential users, except the hardcore who don't like waggle anyway.

I've never actually played a waggle console, but isn't there an obvious solution if you have two waggle controllers?

It worked for Splatoon. Nobody's bothered copying Nintendo yet because the normal console shooter audience is already used to doing things the shit way.

I've never understood the drama over this, it's obvious most of the people who get worked up over it have never played an FPS on console.

Every console FPS in the past 2 decades has done it, because analog sticks are shit for precision aiming. Even with aim assist and bullet magnetism and other methods to help make FPS's with analog sticks not awful, it's still actually harder to aim precisely on console then it is with a M+KB (which is why when PC players first play on consoole, even with aim assist, they say, rightfully, that using analog sticks sucks), so it's using it to argue that FPS's on coonsole take less skill is stupid.. And since it impacts every player equally, it doesn't cause an uneven playing field, nor does it lower the skill ceiling, and top players who actually compete turn it all off anyways, is my understanding.

It's literally a non-issue.

It's called the decline. Let me tell you what happened without hopefully trying to bore you real quick.

DESIGN PHILOSOPHY. GAMES WERE ABOUT SKILL AND FUN, USING YOUR BRAIN AND WERE MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO CARES ABOUT THE HOBBY.

The shift started to happen probably early 2000s and solidified itself with the Xbox 360, gaming was made more accessible so a wider audience of people could buy them, the design philosophy of the 80's/90's shifted so that even a grandpa can pick up a game and learn how to play. Console manufacturers are to blame, but the biggest one of them all is Nintendo. The price of developing games also affected how games were designed and the risk of making a new IP and experimenting.

The reason kids today buy and play and are ok with the current state of affairs is because it's all they've played and they haven't seen nor know what makes gaming good. I was at a state of giving up gaming altogether. What made me stayed was trying out old games and seeing how great they really were, I found out I haven't actually even touched what games are really about.

Older games were also designed with delay gratification, meaning that they were hard enough for you to get stressed out the right amount, when you finally are able to overcome that boss or challenge, the dopamine hit is greater and you feel better with the experience and you are able to keep going. Games today aren't hard at all, they have instant gratification and it's a reason why most people get bored with games and drop it instantly. You never hear people talk about modern games that much except the Souls series ( I wonder why), but still talk about DOOM, Deus Ex, God Hand, DMC, CONTRA, etc.

Attached: 3dAKc4v.jpg (496x748, 94.19K)

Haven't tried it, but looking at a few videos about the game, it appears to provide some absolute positional aiming, but only as an adjunct to thumbstick camera control. So it seems like an improvement, but it still doesn't solve the whole problem.

True, but trivial
Nonsiquitor, absurd

How does eliminating an entire part of the skill space (rapid precision aiming) from a game not lower its skill ceiling? It's the equivalent of automating away jumps in a platformer, or brake/gas and steering in a racer. Think of a literal Dora The Explorer-type "game", where it's completely dishonest about the noneffect of player input to onscreen action.

Attached: dora raider.jpg (500x773, 48.53K)

There were old people games even in the 80s and 90s, think Solitaire or Golf on NES, but at least companies knew not to put all their chips into that pile like a bunch of fucking retards.
What were they thinking?

Early aim-assist were more riskier you have to move near the target to aim automatically and it was programmed around the 3D space between the target and player.

It's the aim assist that Halo and COD made popular and other devs aped creating problems in modern FPS games.
This aim-assist is far more exploitable, less controllable and less riskier. Modern FPS players are still ranting today about how it targets non-line of sight (or behind walls) target, far away targets and targets what is near the reticle.

Killing Floor 2

This was recorded on a PC, and was enabled via .ini. Not sure if it was patched out.

Halo Series

Have aim assist on PC if I recall correctly. For the case of Halo Online PC, there's mention of enabling auto-aim if you plugged in a controller but continued to use a mouse. Also not sure if it's patched out.

You can however still use mouse and keyboards on consoles depending on level of suport.
Also webm related.

Attached: Is Aim Assist Ruining Console Gaming - A Discussion-JJcX96H7dbU-aimassistoff.webm (1280x720, 13.05M)

The Mac/PC port of Halo did have auto-aim, but it was much, much milder than the XBox version's.

You're a tech illiterate retard that any counter-strike kiddie could prove wrong.

I wonder if Nintendo now has the right formula: Toddler/retard/LPer/girlfriend/journo autoplay mode, coupled with a normal-ish, Nintendo hasn't made a challenging game since the NES era difficulty actual game.

Not only the game autoaiming players shots automatically, but games adding more and more fullout autoaim attacks makes it even more bullshit
Look at Paladins and Overwatch, overtime they've added many abilities that you don't need to aim at the enemy, the game takes over as soon as you activate the ability and shoots for you
You can activate it, take your hand off the mouse, and still get kills
It's cheap and not fun to play against

Attached: 0c59ee80b2f395fc2d8e614c4c807cb5dea45a5d091ba1ae13788ddee8fbd44d.gif (500x313, 57.48K)

Interestingly enough the aim controls are still shit in comparison to mouse and keyboard
Hell I could aim better with the xbox 360s regular controller than with the switchs controller

But it doesn't. It just shifts it from manual only input into rapid precision exploitation of aim assist mechanics (with emphasis on speed).

Drama comes from
Players in denial objecting that they don't get help form this mechanic.

"Gamepad shooters shift challenge from aiming to timing" is a standard apologist argument, but it's still bunk. Timing your shots as a target sweeps past your reticle is at least as important using a real pointer device, if not moreso since the lack of auto-aim imposes tighter timing windows.

Really, if people want to make games like this, and consoles refuse to controllers for shooters, they should just be honest about it like Metroid Prime, completely eliminate shooting as a meaningful mechanic in the game, and focus on other mechanics a typical gamepad can actually do right.

Attached: 60964-metroid-prime-pinball-nintendo-ds-front-cover.jpg (500x370 127.48 KB, 15.04K)

Because you've never played FPS beyond your kiddie pool.
The difference between a console and a PC shooter used to be immense. Compare something like FEAR to Darkwatch or FEAR 2.
Unidirectional levels which almost feel like a rail shooter with little to no verticality, mandatory regenerating health or a shield mechanic to make room for error you will have to make because the game is designed to be played with a controller. Its the difference between Donpachi and Undertale or Jamestown and Binding of Isaac.
Nowadays almost every single shooter is made with consoles in mind so if you've played nothing but modern bunk you won't notice a difference.

Ah yes, the newspeak has arrived.

Were you a bad enough dude to unlock your dead older brother? I wasn't, shit was fucking hard.

Attached: Moritsune.jpg (500x1142, 53.01K)

Shinobi was actually a good game.

It still holds up too.