Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MH 3DS DOWNLOADS

4 Ultimate: mega.nz/#!UFdgDTzS!ws52fBS8Xx-5Rf5oeNtYIQ_9Es4oBEXEg7GQ6as5THo
If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

PPSSPP ONLINE PLAY
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

World:

Monster Hunter World in Summary: pastebin.com/fLS9S8RE
Tempered Monsters: pastebin.com/9PXrMq9d
An user's Review of World: pastebin.com/2L9aDjPd

Attached: MH Double Cross.png (800x1122 952.28 KB, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WxAxIy1DzXE
stream.me/s/3/zAxEDmUQhJ/X1nGaO
stream.me/archive/gerpkin/gerpkins-archive/DlXPX0kAlb
capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/14/monster-hunter-world-first-free-major-title-update-introduces-deviljho-spring-blossom-fest-and-more
archive.fo/LZwwn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

where's the lock-on button

This, thank god World™ added that feature, finally Monster Hunter™ isn't just for autists, normal people can play it too.

Attached: MH casuals.jpg (486x1103, 107.6K)

Why would you upload an encrypted 3ds rom?

You mean 3rd.

to be honest being able to turn the camera with a stick as opposed to a d-pad is the best thing about world
that and gathering is better in every way

you can map the DPAD to your right stick on a controller or simply switch the Analog function on/off if you're playing on an emulator

DEVILJHO IS OUT
UPDATE YOUR GAME

Anons I'm talking about lock on, not using the analog stick for camera, I've been doing that since emulated FU and Tri.

(you)

I can deal with a lot of the bullshit casuals spew but now you've really crossed the line.

Attached: honoka03.JPG (295x348, 25.38K)

I understand nostalgia is a hell of a drug buddy, but let it go.

I didn't play 3rd so I can't confirm for other user but MH3U definitely has a lock-on button.

Gathering is better you unending faggot.

Attached: 8d927a78a99153471b651bf69cf8924c5843ff5d54df305c562ec04e2c05998d.jpg (680x480, 15.74K)

no you see, digging through mushroom patches hoping you'd get a specific mushroom was actually skillful gameplay, who would want to actually be able to see the mushroom they're going for?

Target cam isn't Lock-on though, although they're similar.

Don't you see? Knowing exactly what you're picking up is for people with 80 IQ. IT'S MUCH BETTER TO STAND IN ONE SOT AND MASH A FOR 15-20 SECONDS LIKE THE 2,000 IQ MASTER RACE LIKE MYSELF.

I drank a psycho serum the other day and it basically bumped my IQ up 60 points, I can now create small objects out of light using only my mind.

Attached: magnetolaughing.jpg (600x600, 32.36K)

Reminder that MH3U is the best game. MH4U was the last good game they made. MHXX was straight trash. MHW isn't even the same franchise.

Which of the PSP MH games is best for someone new to the series?

I can tell you pretty much anything about racing games as a trade if you want.

Ahh a PC master race reddit that is fucking buttblasted MHW was delayed why didn't you say so before I would have ignored your ID from the get go.

portable 3rd

You must be tired, user.

p3rd
Is there a way to get back into the lead after you fuck up once in a non-combat racing game? Because I hate it when a game expects me to perform perfectly without making a single mistake.

Either Freedom Unite or P3rd

Depends on the game. More sim focused stuff heavily punishes even minor mistakes. As is the case in real life. Whereas arcadey games are more about giving you the sense of having a great race so they're more forgiving.

If I knew which game you had in mind I could give more specific advice. Downloading P3RD now btw.

I got MHW not too long ago, any official 8ch squad? MH4U is better

best male (only) coming through

Attached: 26157463_144804412887173_5849646664314257408_n.jpg (1080x1080, 132.81K)

Is 4U even playable on Citra? Why is it linked in the OP?

Nope. There was a group from some dis cord trying to pretend to be an "official Holla Forums" team for World, but they've nothing to do with us.

For CFW 3DSes.

Will probably be after the GPU update, now when will the update come, that's a complete different story.

Which is a little bit silly anyways because the best source is freeShop, not some random .cia.

The only MH games that have ever been emulatable worth a damn are the PSP games, and even those took fucking YEARS before the sound was all worked out. I don't know if it's MT Framework or what, but emulation for any of the new games is nothing but a dream.

Agreed, but in the past threads some people have expressed a preference for .cia instead of FreeShop for whatever reason, and it's not like it hurts anything to have more options.

Is there any squad? Just want to hunt with people that aren't french-tier randoms that join and waste your continues.

there is, but i don't think the guy who owns it gets on until the evening

Hopefully the two of us can get the squad info from him later. I have a small squad of friends but they seemed to have suddenly stopped playing the moment I got the game.

yeah because you've already got a dicsord for erp

Theres going to be a livestream for the spring update on the 14th and its going to show gameplay with the pickle.

I dont remember, I think it may be L3.
You can also set the lock-on to how it was in the old games through the options menu.
The default lock-on system makes me dizzy and I don't want to puke while huntan a fucking Pink Rathian doing fucking cartwheels and shit.

Attached: DX5R6UjVAAYb11X.jpg (1200x675, 105.54K)

That's the exact ones who were pushing the World group.

there's two tbh

We have had MH steam group since 4u demo though. It just went to disagreement for some reason before gen came out.
The steam group even used to be on OP.

you people look like the type that crosspost on reddit doing shit like this.

because disagreement looks better like

Why even act surprised at this point? Who else would be playing MHW but normalfags, redditors, and disagreement fags. This is the target audience after all.

So the target audience is everyone but 10-15 hipsters on Holla Forums. Got it.

Attached: smugfroggo.jpg (450x450, 51.44K)

There are MH fans from various other communities who thought the same thing, they got fucked by MHW's success too apparently unless if they changed their minds about world.

Attached: 1464947464299.jpg (640x640, 48.69K)

user didn't you know we are just figments of Marks imagination? The whole of Holla Forums is just one fat cake eating jew arguing with himself.

Attached: 0bf7454c783f9d9a469d2218204540acc11b2daa5252a26dd8649bcb8bb32cd5.jpg (255x207, 8.41K)

I should have known when he randomly asked me whether or not I'd a Totodile

Attached: 1e947bc9e2288322e4c71f643dc8979ef115678abd11aec0fd59718160bfc931.jpg (557x495, 92.79K)

Attached: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (712x960, 87.35K)

Well
Would you?

Attached: 1326848970215.png (600x600, 212.76K)

Don't you use these same reaction images in every thread?

Attached: pfff.png (199x212, 50.48K)

Stop arguing with yourself and seek help you exercise avoiding Labo loving jew.

Attached: Ariels.jpg (1280x720, 155.14K)

Attached: 14330062_1103264109728603_1027197245492531841_n.png (124x150, 20.1K)

Attached: 1e947bc9e2288322e4c71f643dc8979ef115678abd11aec0fd59718160bfc931.jpg (555x495, 98.04K)

I'd rather be Mark than Meowrika.

Attached: diablhoes.jpg (1024x1448, 314.42K)

After some experimenting, it seems like every assumption about how elderseal works is entirely wrong. The assumption is that elderseal works like a status ailment, and when it triggers the ED will stagger and lose it's aura. The truth is any stagger, regardless of element, will cause an ED to lose a level of it's aura. Ederseal itself seems to do fuck-all. I think it might do some extra stagger damage, but I haven't done enough autistic testing to determine that yet.

What's the best way to use this info to shit on eclelebs like Arrekz who just regurgitate the same untested info for clicks?

Attached: Handler Binks.jpg (432x300, 15.22K)

thats a weird way of spelling ciangel

So what's the current session ID?

Can any fellow hornbros initiate me on encores in 4U? As long as the monster isn't disabled, I usually can't find a good window to use them without gambling on the monster targeting my palicoes next. So far my MO has been pound (very rarely backpound) for short openings, superpound, recital or backpound for medium openings, and the superpound+neutral A combo for disables, because I read it does good damage per second, and also because it is far easier to aim than the backwards encore and can be canceled more easily. That's why I want to know when I should use it and what niche it fills in the Hunting Horn's moveset during combat. Do you have any specific recommendations for monster fights and openings to practice encores on?

Sword & Shield sucks. It's low damage and dulls like a motherfucker. And I was stupid enough to make one out of Nargacuga material. What's even the point of it? So you can block an attack? You can't move or even turn while blocking and your damage output is negated by the loss of sharpness, unless you wear a Sharpness skill set like Zinogre, but that's ridiculous to be tied to single set for an entire weapon type.
You told me it was one of the least used weapon types in World, but how can I make this investment viable in p3rd?

Attached: NPJB40001_00007.jpg (1366x730 225.74 KB, 272.27K)

The point of S&S is that you don't have to sheath your weapon to use an item. You're also supposed to majorly exploit elemental and status weaknesses with it. You shouldn't be using it for raw damage.

Attached: NPJB40001_00011.jpg (960x544, 172.53K)

Press Square while holding R to use items while the weapon is out.

Again, weaknesses. You need to use a paralysis weapon on a monster that's weak to paralysis. You need to use a fire weapon on monsters that are weak to fire. Etc. Dual blades are honestly better for it than SnS, but you lose the item use and backup shield.

thanks

Attached: 6f97370d1d909a125ee93729481b35fa1d9c64639dd0f483dfd5fce404ca67a9.png (1008x959, 831.89K)

fuggen mitosis ass jay leno

Attached: NPJB40001_00016.jpg (1440x816 331.41 KB, 330.3K)

That is a scary sight

fuck this hunt, they keep rolling into the same rooms, one of them is limping, but I really can't be arsed at this point

Attached: fe88da9deb2c639538a88339b1b5ba5eac94c340b888f916ff2a5c53a75c93ca.png (1440x816 1.1 MB, 250.56K)

Dung Bombs are your friend user, treasure them.

Do you think that it's useful on world revealing a monsters elemental weakness when you hunt it enough? Or do you think the the usual trial and error is the best way?

nigga just look at the armor stats of a given monster to figure out the weaknesses.
Here's an example of Rathian armor: it's resistant to fire but vulnerable to shock and especially weak against dragon. So when my shock dual blades didn't cut it in a 3 Rathian hunt combo, I made the insect dual blades with a Dragon element and managed to kill all three Rathians on my first try with me being downed only once.

Attached: sasd.JPG (1441x816, 190.66K)

meant to say Thunder

What said - World's feature is completely worthless because it neither replaces Ping's Dex/Kiranico since it just tells you shit you can figure out by observation, nor does it encourage new players to pay attention or git gud. All it does is remove the requirement that players learn how to play the game, like so many other changes World made.

Does anyone know how doing part damage works?
According to Kiranico cutting off Vaal's tail only takes 400 damage which can be done with one GS true charge or the first two charges but this doesn't get the tail off. Is it due to my weapon having an element? I don't know how element damage is applied perhaps it is half slicing damage and half dragon therefore I'm not doing the type of damage i want to the part but I'm still taking that total number of health off the monster.
Or all damage from the weapon is considered that element plus the slicing or blunt and is then either magnified to detracted depending on the monsters weakness and resistance, but the way damage calculation to parts is not as simple as the what you see is what you do.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

God i miss that volcano map.

Attached: 35fb0e97c9e8eadb3a6eca7b7b8aa3adb4a14c5f1fc2140c6531fbdfe0b50078.png (316x316, 105.8K)

At least in older games you couldn't cut elder dragon's tail until its HP falls under ~30%.

Does that mean that only the damage done to the part after it has fallen under 30% counts or as soon as it hits 30% 1 slicing damage will take it off assuming you have already done enough to remove it.
I just tested on a Pukei and it's tail cutting point is 280 it took me double that to take it off.

I don't know. I haven't tested enough, but it feels like you need to first drop the health to under that ~30% and then your next damage will count as break.
I am not 100% how damage calculation even works. Each weapon has different multiplier, then there are sharpness and monster's defense. But I am not sure if just counting those is enough. Some weapons even apparently has sweet spots, like hitting as near as possible with a LS. But I am not sure if that is confirmed either.

If it still works like other games, to break a part you need to:
1) Reach the damage threshold for that part
2) Reach the monster's flinch threshold
3) Make it flinch

After they flinch, the part will break. As mentioned by anons above there are set HP thresholds for many elder dragons where specific parts cannot be broken before X% HP, and there used be an element requirement as well.

I think the element requirement was only for horn/head breaks, because I have cut tails with pure raw weapons in FU.

Thanks to the damage numbers in world the sharpness and sweet spot points are very obvious now. I believe the individual weapon modifiers are just for calculating the raw damage from the inflated numbers each weapon has. If i had the patience i would test out the elder dragon 30% deal maybe once i get a set that nullifies their fuckshit and I'm not stressing over needing horns or a tail.

Ahh i didn't realize you have to both hit the flinch threshold and then the cut/break threshold. That would make sense because the Pukei's flinch threshold is 220 and then the cut is 280 so the double damage i needed to do to cut it makes perfect sense now.

you disgust me.

come on mate, when people did autistic tests to check for weakspots and wrote fucking software to show its results, that's cool. when it's implemented in the game, it's catering to babbies? i mean, i don't agree on some "qol" changes overall but that's just complaining for the sake of it.

Queston in portable hunter 3rd. Do felynes I take on quests increase their skills? Or do I have to leave them at the farm?

They do increase their skill. I have like 8 of them at this point and the two I always take with me on quests are double the level of every other cat.

Why? I pressed Select.

Because it's basically Luigi mode now. You are barely engaged in the game and in-game universe, you're going through the motions instead of exploring and immersing yourself in the game.
It's like playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vs playing nuTomb Raider - you're either so in the game that you wave off bugs with "Such is life in the Zone" or you're playing something so passively that you forget about it the next week.

And this is coming from a completely new player who got into MoHun last month and it's supposedly the easiest one (p3rd). So I'm not really a reliable source of opinions wew, but I can definitely see where actual veterans are coming from because I've seen this happen time and time again. And truth be told, I'll pirate World a couple of months after PC release to see how it really is. But I'll also try out Freedom Unite, 2 and probably Tri because I'm curious to see how it plays with waggle.

Attached: YVMaJ.png (750x2880, 340.61K)

It does what Dex?Kiranico does without a person having to stop playing the game and check on the computer, we all know the average normalfag isnt autistic enough to do that when you can do that in game.

You have to unlock the stuff by getting resarch points by tracking, fighting and grinding the monster, something which you would have known if you played the game

Attached: 0722bc8b4bad119d0b36771ebe87eec3639b959c342561bb2ccdb8c5bf3e1c38.png (484x470, 495.9K)

who said anything about going on a wiki?

Holy fuck who cares.

Attached: aha.mp4 (480x270, 68.68K)

Because it might be why wasn't cutting off the tail? Do you even read the whole conversation you're replying to, or did you just read the one post out of context?

When this thread is mostly nob ends talking shit I kinda lose my interest and skim over most of it. Tell me I am wrong and your all not hipster nob ends.

I refer to Dex/Kiranico as a wiki along with the hunters notes which i also refer to as an in game wiki. Its probably wrong to call it that but I do anyways.

That is the most retarded reason. Especially now that the shit talkers have gotten more silent past few threads.

Attached: 6181.jpg (250x350, 55.29K)

I appreciate a lot of the quality of life changes world brought in but it also made the monster ai worse for whatever reason, a lot of them are so passive and the whole falling asleep while you're in the same zone is so retarded, you also get so many chances for free damage and the final boss is a push over. The weapons get too strong too fast as well and all the armor sets don't have a single negative attribute. Fireflies make track a monster too easy it should be a usable item that goes on a 5 min recharge.

Still too many people losing their shit over the newer games. I like the wii version of Monster Hunter Tri better than any version after but you don't see me going full mongoloid about World or XX. I just go mongoloid about the mongoloids.
People should be able to talk about these games without some hipster idiot attacking them.

Fuck off back to reddit, faggots. World is objectively the worst game in the series, no hipster faggotry about it. If you want a safe space where no one can criticize your precious game get the fuck out of here you vapid cunts.

See what I mean. Unable to to even quote correctly. Absolute retards.

Attached: 3ea96c96c062676e1f11d328567c775bbab8e840da089e5c2ab585ea1160119e.jpg (245x255, 16.5K)

I quoted who i wanted to quote. Fuck off back to cuckland, soy boy. Fullchan isn't your cup of tea.

Attached: DTZNnUoVQAALD-8.jpg large.jpg (512x411, 24.87K)

Attached: muttley laugh.webm (480x360, 1.07M)

Attached: Mr_not_an_argument_man__3222c944bb0e54d655c9bf904fd789cd.jpg (500x534, 37.23K)

Attached: this is not an argument.png (720x533, 187.75K)

Attached: 1434042403782.jpg (500x351, 72.06K)

we know, hipster.

There you are again. Another ID switch. Back to soy boy land, cuck. Your world shilling ain't gonna help you.

Attached: not_an_argument.png (399x614, 405.88K)

no, I just think you're retarded. Hipster.

Hey look: Monster Hunter!

Attached: STREAM.png (810x565, 19.54K)

just the thing I'd like to see while drinking tonight

Attached: tumblr_o85ji1TIG21vr9g9so2_1280.jpg (1164x655, 107.38K)

I love these threads. Underage world babbies vs old 4U cunts.

Attached: cf3c8c71076190f91a0e0a82495c65e96ce443722cccc66049c6c9c0cc9f1573.jpg (480x720, 51.69K)

Oh how the times change.

Attached: 1429578694884.png (580x1866, 60.52K)

it cracks me up how babbies on the 3ds are so eager to fling away the weights of being newfags while they declare they are proudly newfags who are just slightly less new than this other group.

did the stream die or something?

I for one like MHW. Its true I never played any other MH games but its crapcunts fault for being criminally bad at managing their IPs. Hopefully the financial boost from MHW will give Capcantmakegames the confidence to either make an open-world Lost Planet remake of extreme condition or a new Dragon's Dogma.

Thoughts on my cosplay?

oh fug.

Attached: 7fc075d.jpg (960x960, 105.39K)

'Your'
gb2 reddit

Where did the dog go?

Nvm, I was too sleepy to notice it.

Attached: 1513292765870.png (600x363, 150.95K)

very convincing dog outfit

Re. Im making another, question is do I go for gem slots or the other with higher damage? Its portable 3rd and its between the yukomo lance upgrade, or taking to the warbanner path.

Looks good, did you make it yourself?

Pretty accurate. Fine color work with the scales, it could pass for an official thing, well done.

Attached: MUSICFROMTHEGODOFTHUNDER.jpg (1100x950, 519.85K)

Does that armor really have heels?

Fuck.

Attached: 1398486927022.jpg (115x104, 4.26K)

also

Attached: firefox_2018-03-12_23-39-21.png (1810x851, 1.17M)

Its actually a baby zinogre, she carved it and used its materials to make that armor.

I saw that post on twitter.
Don't know why you're browsing facebook and reddit though.

he was reverse searching numbnuts.

because

Attached: 2018-03-12_23-46-36.png (1197x1080, 557.4K)

what are you doing going to google?
maybe you should go back there

because

Attached: firefox_2018-03-13_00-04-48.png (1673x1046, 449.46K)

Do you guys have anymore pictures of people cosplaying like this?
I recently saw one of a dude in Anjanath armor but I neglected so save that one though.

plz respond

What people did "autistic checks" for wasn't the weak zones themselves, but the exact damage percentages and HP values and the like, which the in-game feature doesn't give. All the little encyclopedia tells you is things that even non-autistic players had to learn by observation.

No, it doesn't. It provides nowhere near that precise of information, it just gives very broad star ratings, which is about the level of information Monster Hunter expects players to figure out on their own by observing the monsters. For comparison if you had the same feature in 4U, it would tell you that you can't get a Rathian Plate by killing and could only get it off of capturing/breaking/carving the tail, which is something you'd be able to figure out by playing the game yourself. On the other hand, in the case of the Zinogre Plate, while it would tell you both kills and captures give it, it would give both as "one star" and not express that a carve off the body has a 5% chance of giving the Plate, while a capture only has a 2% chance. That's why it still doesn't replace the Dex/Kiranico.

I've played the game, and you can actually just build it up fully without ever fighting the monster, it's probably faster actually since gathering tracks and crap gives so many points it's stupid. Again though, you're missing the point - because of the in-game encyclopedia and the damage numbers, players are not expected to observe the effects their attacks have on the monster like blood spurts (which have been removed anyway) or the screen shaking or the like, the game will just tell them how much damage they did straight out now and give them a rundown of the hitzones without requiring them to figure it out. If the in-game booklet had required the player to fill in the information themselves like an actual wiki, that would've been a great way to encourage the players to observe the monsters, but as it's implemented it's purely a hand-holding mechanic that distances the player from engaging in the game.

Absolutely, which is why I don't recommend new players use them.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous how many people get rabidly defensive over World to the point they can't even seem to read.

Damn, I missed it

Bravo Streamanon, you truly have come a long way from that Great Jaggi.

This is basically what it comes down to - World is by itself a competent enough action game, and still better than most of the crap you're going to see on the market. It's just that compared to Monster Hunter games, it's the absolute worst.

I wouldn't bet on it, that's not how companies think.

Only reason I did this is cause I wish I was a grill.

Tits or gtfo.

4U room is open ;eat becasue i forgot daylight savings
Hunt your monday woes away
25-7225-6256-0324

Attached: __gore_magala_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_4_drawn_by_aoin__4161a009fca6d6f9e24930779b758062.jpg (2560x1440, 2.12M)

Which U is best and why is it 4U?

FU

i got bullied into playing with my dog's toy and accidentally closed my 3ds

New room
10-9521-7002-9532

i wouldnt know ive only played FU and 4U

Attached: 6c61759e8ce1113d2a16e116dea37274.jpg (728x750, 329.31K)

Try is the worst cake in the series. FUCKING FU is worse than world. Jesus Christ I would take 200 worlds than ever go back to that janky trash.

Possibly, haven't played it.

Not even close.

Oh, you're that guy again. Gonna actually try to explain what you mean this time, or just gonna keep tossing out your buzzword in hopes it'll catch on?

New 4U Room
52-6563-0247-4927

My main issue with the World is that it permanently fucked up the gathering hall for no good reason.
I hope they fix that in MHWU
Other than that World is a pretty fun game.

Attached: e8fb50c45c0db5bbaf9f647267701d4df0e2ef4130156976a4481dfbb8d996a1.jpg (691x648, 41.5K)

Taken purely on it's own as a standalone title with no connection to anything else, World is a competent action game, and would probably be enjoyable, if in need of an increase in difficulty. As a Monster Hunter title though, it's simply too dull and unengaging, and definitely not the direction I want the franchise as a whole going in.

What's a good mixed set for hammer?
I'm thinking to run 3 xeno'jiivah for the sharpness and the anti flinch, plus chest belt and amulet with attack plus.
I'll be using the Val hazaak hammer because I want to bring ruin with a giant blunt axe.

Attached: 1f2532a8230935c30b664e7c0efdcfcc65313b827dcc1cdb2142b41beeee1364.jpg (1026x1234, 93.2K)

If you're less than stellar at dodging anti-flinch and anti-stun shouldn't be discounted. Not getting nudged out of combos adds a lot to dps.

You can still watch the archive, if you're interested. Gameplay starts at ~12:00. Sound doesn't seem desynced this time around.
stream.me/archive/gerpkin/gerpkins-archive/DlXPX0kAlb

Tonight is the night, cunts. Are you ready to be disappointed with the spring update stream as I am?

FU is definitely the most over rated piece of shit in the series. It feels like utter trash to play compared to the newer games. It is outclassed by its sequels in just about every way. No combo list, small inventory, nigh impenetrable menus, lackluster presentation, there is an undeniable sluggishness to the way the game plays that completely makes taking that step back to " enjoy" it feel utterly redundant. It's like playing Mega Man 2 then going back and playing the far less tuned original because you find the password system "casual". FU was the best Monster Hunter 8 years ago. 3U shit on it, 4U thermonuclear dumps on it. Sorry grandpa.

I'll probably watch it with dinner, thanks user.

Tomorrow - the stream will be in about 26 and a half hours.

If it is, it's only because of how much love it gets due to basically being the original but refined without any real change in tone or loss of content.

Agreed, adding the list was a good QoL upgrade

You mean the one mid-quest? Yeah, adding a Gunner Pouch and a Quest Pouch were both great ideas that didn't disrupt the overall balance of the base 24 item pouch I felt. If you're talking about storage box space though, the one you want to complain about is Dos, aka the game where you have a time system that only lets you gather certain items during day vs. night or certain seasons, but starts you off with one page of inventory and only slowly upgrades you.

What?

No idea what you're talking about with this either.

You mean the fact that the player is slower compared to the newer games? If anything that's the best part - monsters aren't so threatening in the newer games because the player is usually so much more mobile than they are.

If you're going to complain about FU, at least complain about the shit that deserves it, like anything and everything related to the cats.

Putting your bizarre logic aside, plenty of people play both the original and the sequels for the Megaman games, as they're all fun and have completely different content.

I love both 3U and 4U and have replayed both a couple of times. They do add quite a bit of QoL upgrades and have some monsters that FU doesn't have that make them definitely worth playing. That said, I still enjoy FU more and all three easily beat out World, no contest.

you're rather convincing and I'd like to stick my pee pee in you tbh

Attached: nerscylla_chan_by_maxa_art-d91xq43.jpg (636x900, 454.43K)

I'm quite good at it, but I play with friends and you can see why I'd want that.
I also tend to bruteforce combos through the enemy's attacks at times, when given armor frames.

"She" looks like a man.

I don't know about best set for general hammer use but I'm running the best hammer in the game, the Zorah hammer so i built a set for it.
Zorah hammer has Maximum might deco,
Zorah head A
Kushala chest B with Tenderizer deco(chest can be switched with anything that has handi+1 that give more benefits as this set has handi+6)
Zorah arms A
Kaiser waist A
Zorah feet A (but i plan to switch it out for B when so i get another slot), and then Handicraft 5 charm.

Set skills are Zorah Magdaros Mastery, Handi+5, Blast attack+3, Bombardier+3, Weakness Exploit+2, Earplugs+1(gonna lose this when switching Zorah feet from A to B, Free Elem+1(useless side effect), and Maximum might+1.
This set cancels out the Zorah hammers negative affinity and gives it positive, maximizes my blast damage, build up and bomb damage gives, and max sharpness gives a good amount of blue.
This set melts monsters. I'm not the best hammer user, this is my first real time trying it out but i get 5 minutes times against anything non-elder I've put it up against if I'm doing good.

Attached: 1403206601870.jpg (200x200, 5.24K)

DANTE MUST DINE

That is a quality trailer, hopefully the weapon doesn't suck because it looks cool as fuck.

That's real neat but what about El Donte?

I wonder when it comes out, I hope its HR and good.

>That's real neat but what about El Donte?
He's already in the game.

Attached: dontethemonhunkiller.jpg (1920x1080, 775.26K)

Well, fuck me sideways. There's someone at Capcom that still remembers what fun is.
Pretty good trailer. A Trish costume for chicks would have been nice though.

Shit, that actually surprised me.

Attached: trish.jpg (259x630, 37.13K)

I can't stop giggling
will he be able to change weapons at will, or is that too much to hope for?

I was expecting Nergidante

Attached: MHDMC.png (800x993, 1.6M)

Well that is interesting skin for a CB.
Will DMC save MH?

Attached: featuringDantefromDMC.jpg (1792x1280, 552.04K)

Attached: DanteCB.jpg (1208x567, 114.96K)

Death Stench Heel B pants or a Kushala Cista β chest + Handicraft 3 charm gets you 5 handicraft with 2 pieces. Was pretty much going for a max raw build, although since watching embed I'm reconsidering going Maximum Might since when this thing crits it hits like a fucking truck, 600+ on golf-swings on the weak spots

There's plenty of ugly to go around in the game, I'm just surprised that so few people seem to think that guy looks like Donte when to me he looks almost exactly the same.

Attached: 82766f5c30e615869c542a769c8d16f26550d3c177ecac91a12ccf89977ed31e.jpg (692x712, 100.13K)

Attached: s71a7z4q4.png (1920x1080 1.79 MB, 1.81M)

I love El Donte. Not the character itself, but the meme. Funniest thing I have ever seen come from a game.

¡QUE DE JODAN!

Attached: donte mi amor.jpg (640x360 179.58 KB, 7.63M)

Did they announce any other monsters besides Deviljho in the stream today?

Dante? Hijo de Sparda?
Y de Eva, LA ZOOORRAAAAAA?

It didnt start yet. Its live in around 8 hours.
Thats about 5:00 in the morning where I live.

Heres the link if you didnt know where it was yet.

Attached: succ.png (361x343, 294.1K)

4U room is open for business since i keep forgetting to turn forward my mail clock
36-0133-0422-3448

Attached: __gore_magala_and_shagaru_magala_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_4_drawn_by_toutenkou__a6c747c8ef84cd6ac655bd1189bbcc7d.jpg (1600x1200, 1.16M)

Back to Reddit, pal.

Attached: Angrytrain.jpg (493x820, 44.78K)

why the fuck wont you just leave dodogama alone all he wants is to eat rocks he dindu nuffin just let him EAT ROCKS FUCK

Attached: wojak.png (225x225, 45.97K)

Still up?

Should I post my older stuff?
(Btw a part two of the close calls and sexy moments is coming out soon, but this time I want more footage first)

So I picked up Monster Hunter Generations games after spending an eternity on Portable 3rd and I am extremely disappointed
Is this just a low point for the 3DS games or do all of them have these problems? At least when Tri skipped frames there was something going on, here you rarely fight more than 3 small wyverns and it starts skipping frames even when nothing is going on.

Gen is probably the worst MH game. It wasn't even made by the main team.
It had some okay ideas for anniversary game, but they aren't really well polished. Like the multiple villages.

You should have had just started 4u or 3u.

Attached: 1513445773706.gif (60x60, 4.72K)

Not touching 3U. I don't want underwater shit and I doubt the portable version has any of the good things of the console one.
I'll probably give 4U a whirl.

I heard 3U was extremely well optimized.
Shame for lack of multiplayer, as I bet most of you fags don't have friends you can meet in person to play.

Attached: 3f14b57aaffed1363df769347528599da419a324ce0c01bcd633e2142aff0444.jpg (640x640, 45.11K)

THE SPRING 2018 DEVILJHO STREAM IS APPARENTLY SUPPOSED TO START IN 10 MINUTES.

Attached: FUCK.png (409x434, 279.54K)

gib pc versin NOW

Attached: da53b5ee653c1befd7b98a5f5848e331d0706f84f0d8b7e43eb3300392b28296.jpg (560x560, 62.84K)

You'll probably only like MHW if its the only MH game you've played. At least, thats how it is for me.

3U on the 3DS ran at 50-60fps. 3U on the WiiU ran at like 30fps. It was actually really embarrassing for the WiiU.

played trough mhfu, mhp3rd and mh4u with a friend, having fun in mhw won't be a problem

Holy fuck these devs are fucking trash, constantly tripping and tossing even on the large monster.

3u is must play and underwater is great. Ignore faggots who say otherwise, they need to git gud.

Close but wrong. 3u on 3ds runs 60-50 mostly at the high end, wiiu runs at 60-37 mostly at 50. It's not even embarrassing for the wiiu its just a shit port. I'd say HD is well worth the minuscule trade off tho.

3u is great, but underwater was awful.

Attached: 1361307081809.png (743x476, 248.79K)

I like all of the 3ds games. And P3rd. I even bought 3U on the Wii U. World is fine. Needs g rank. Needs about 40 more monsters. It's still fun though.

About damn time we get the return to gathering hub option.

GIT GUD SCRUB.

Attached: FINALLY.png (1391x753, 1.07M)

Japanese seems like such a needlessly complex language holy fuck. All of those minute scribbles and scratches just to say the game loads faster. Who has the FUCKING time?

Blame the Chinks. The spoken Japanese language is fucking fine, but they had to go and copy the FUCKTARDED writing system of the bug people.

I didn't notice it at first because i was too excited about the return to gathering option but fuck that last change. I want to be able to fuck up a shitters day so he can't carve if need be. Now these carting cunts and camp standing fags can be faggots and i can't do a damn about it.

Attached: ab967b95b7d7bf3e969d79ac1fb032a6b21bd585953af033ad8583bb4cb6f61b.jpg (1625x1245, 271.04K)

Well I soloed whole 3u so I think I am good enough.

Attached: 13495249371755.png (244x192, 17.97K)

Kind of, but it isn't that hard to be honest. Any language learning is just endurance test.

But written language is much more clearer, because how many homophones japanese has. Kanji eliminates the need of context.

Attached: 1334530911896.png (704x396, 194.95K)

what shit

Attached: mh4-nerscylla-1.png (861x606, 307.08K)

THAT PICKLE VS BAGEL TURF WAR

I soloed it too but it doesnt mean that the underwater combat doesnt tend to cramp my hands up like some kind of voodoo magic.
The rest of the game was a blast though with the exception of plesioth.

Attached: SHOCK.png (1304x729, 2.35M)

Wait I know everyone is complaining about not being able to punish shitters and afk-ers anymore, but what about using the interrupt to actually save someone from getting destroyed by using a lance charge or hammer lv2 charge?
I mean I have legitimately saved well-meaning tards from here by lance charging and taking the hit for them (since I actually had enough health to bulk the hit) when they got too eager and ran straight to the tail.
I mean player interrupt is actually a legitimate game mechanic that's been removed because 'muh griefers', when you could just disconnect from them after one hunt and at worst miss a couple of carves.

Attached: anon no.JPG (807x408, 36.76K)

capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2018/03/14/monster-hunter-world-first-free-major-title-update-introduces-deviljho-spring-blossom-fest-and-more

So now they're gonna start selling character edits? Fucking hell, my prediction on the DLC becoming more and more intrusive because of all the shit eating retards entering the series is getting more and more closer to happening. At least they buffed Hunting Horn, hopefully it will be a good buff and not just a +3 increase in MVs.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (632x324, 13.13K)

They stopped you from interrupting carves. Tripping and hitting still works as intended.

Watching the stream back as I missed it live.
What was the mega man music playing during the Switch axe gameplay? I couldn't recognise it.

Its useless.

Attached: 150994246e82e27f69d7c07f2bd5869a54c9623332e75b3815d1fea66b54f475.png (290x278, 140.68K)

They are only releasing ONE monster for the entire update. Lmao. G Rank better be amazing. For fuck's sake.

user you're not thinking jewish enough. Next they'll add Palico edit vouchers and then full edit vouchers. Editing your saves is hard work after all, it takes them a lot of manpower to have your console run code to paste new variables onto your locally stored savefile.

Attached: 1468879020772.png (520x388, 198.14K)

G-rank will be monhunw 2 with the amount of work they'd have to do

Attached: MH10th-Nerscylla_Icon.png (129x126, 5.19K)

Anyone try using an adapter to play bowgun with a mouse and keyboard? It's so easy lol

Its a bit after the event but I'm a bit pissed that the pickle ain't comin out today. Especially since all the teasing pointed to that and not a teasing of an announcement within the announcement. I woke up at 4 am on my day off for this shit.

If you think water combat is awful then you need to play more. The lowest opinion of it i would accept is decent anything else is unacceptable. A few weapons are bad and the rest are good. If you refuse to use a weapon better suited for underwater that is on you. Git gud.

Isn't save editing a thing? If it is just an item in your box there is no way you won't be able to dupe it.

Wait even Bethesda can handle do overs in their games what the fuck is this Jewism.
Then I remember Its Capcom the fuckers who made SFV and sold Akuma's normal costume for money after redesigning him to look like a homosexual Thundercat.

Attached: 16ca68e9bd002f14ea42af8b3e18d38185dd25e6a89c59b215ddb82e8a60958f.jpg (2480x3508, 716.08K)

I should've been clearer that I meant knocking players off of carving a tail

The wording implies you can't interrupt carving post quest. We'll see. I carve tail during hunts that shit disappears.

But most weapons were ass in water and I hated how depth adjustment was tied on camera. I bet you are just being le epic troll, because no one sane liked water combat, and you are assuming way too much to have an legit argument.

Attached: 1334607205690.png (240x222, 94.1K)

Wrong
Agreed but i got use to it and don't mind it any more.

I assume one thing, the only sane reason to not like water combat is if you only use one or two weapons and both happen to be one of the few that aren't great.

No u

If you don't like water combat you are a faggot.

English stream is starting soon.

No u.

Is this the end of MH?

Why would anyone talk shit about a game they intend to play?

Attached: 083368cf8d99d46465c491cc6b07a3d259e72b8d2b44851a0e3584191b5f24b4.png (762x647, 313.79K)

I don't think there's much room for doubt, unless what the speaker was saying is completely different to what's written.

Use the cpp/n3ds and you can set zl/zr to absolute up and absolute down while underwater, I think there was a feature like this for tri with classic pad as well. Other than that you just have to remember that neutral dodge after an attack dodges forward while up and down on the d-pad move you in those directions.

Attached: mhtridislandunderwater.jpg (1280x809, 78.75K)

no u∞+1

I was just about to post that this livestream is just a re-stream of the jap one with at least one sjw cuck commentating. Pretty much no point in watching.
Paid DLC confirmed that along with the success world has had. Only way i can see MH surviving is if handheld games continue to come out and they stay true to the traditional gameplay.

No u∞x2

Why make it even easier, devs?

Attached: what_is_this.png (400x246, 143.45K)

Suffering tbh lads. I'll never get to truly fashion hunt.

the answer is obvious, you must cross dress and have her peg you while playing tbh

Attached: 9983182b1235ae9a6f1010615664bdcee422856c81ed5be4fd95de55897fca7d.jpg (480x800, 284.62K)

no u∞x∞

Here is what I got

Attached: Sand Barioth cosplay.jpg (1564x1564 86.71 KB, 1.02M)

AYE HOL UP

Attached: we wuz hunters and sheeit.webm (854x480, 774.22K)

At least deviljho weapons didn't get lazy treatment.

Which attack is that narga cosplayer attempting to mimic?

kek.

Also why jho is so shiny now?

Pathetic. I absolutely forbid myself to hoverhand whenever I'm taking pictures. Women don't like pansies who are too afraid to even look in their direction.

Attached: I'll let 'er Rip I tell you hwat.jpg (800x600, 147.92K)

it looks like his arm is on her shoulders and she's too close for his hand to settle on a comfortable position so having it out like that makes sense

Who wants to bet power element still wont be good?

Attached: 1521035162995.jpg (2050x1153, 441.92K)

WHAAATTTTTTT

Already to fucking Level 5 quests in P3rd and always sheathed my weapon for items. Jesus fuck.. that's what made it so difficult at times because you had to gamble when to sheath to grab health. Fug

Very likely. The cap for elemental damage is still too low and non-elemental boost is still super cheap.

That only works for SnS, it's its gimmick and I'm not sure if it was included in p3rd, maybe it was.

user the reason monster hunter is so good as that as long as there isn't more than one large monster you never gamble if you're playing defensively, only fuck up.

Just play the PSP games on PPSSPP

That's actually exactly why you'll have problems having fun with World, it's worse than all of those games.

You say that like English isn't. Both languages have a lot of needless complexities and oddities.

Because they're the target audience of World, can't alienate them.

Same, the others were recognizable, couldn't quite figure that one out.

I'm honestly not sure why people ever expected them to do more than one, World's been such a low effort offering overall from beginning to end.

Because it's still too hard for the target audience.

SnS only, should've been in P3 and 3U.

A reminder that >ITT

Attached: tears.png (600x547, 355.13K)

I have never seen someone stand in camp the whole hunt even once. I do a metric fuckton of SOS and public matchmaking helping ransoms too. I must be lucky or something.

Thank jeebus

I've done a lot of SOS and it happens quite regularly, it's rare that someone does it right from the get go but i've had people that were the quest taker and their name appears at the end with 70 gathering attempts made, there are people out there that are doing it and since there is no way to report it and no punishment for it they will keep doing it.

Not sure why you would expect HH nerfs it's the worst weapon by quite a distance right now.

Fuck my life user.

Attached: fuck my life.jpg (187x269, 6.34K)

So they're making the game even easier now?

Recommend me a LBG OR HBG as a first time gunner. Slicing ammo shooting preferred.

It's happened a few times to me but i get a shitter that spends 90% of their time gathering and getting a handful of hits then running off again more often.

Fag
Use Kadachi or Legi Shattercryst for pierce, nerg or jagras for spread, diablos or nerg for normal
Magda gemitus for cluster/sticky

Kadachi is also the best for slicing, i think

The only one that makes the game easier is GS changes because GS was already good and didn't need a buff.

Hammer changes were necessary because online hammer users were beyond pointless because of the high stun values online.

The gunlance changes don't make a difference because as it stands there is only one good gunlance (royal burst) and you can just use protective polish and spam shells, if the attack increase improves the shell damage then it will maybe make it even more braindead.

The chargeblade changes seem like a nerf outright.

Slicing shot is kind of shit, I would recommend the Wyvern Shot HBG that can benefit from elementless, I think it's called Griffon Blazooka or something, not sure for LBG I tried Karma with 100% crit rate and normal 2 spam and it was kind of shit and made me not want to try it again.

Thanks for the recommendations. I thought even though slicing was unjustifiably nerfed it was still the best for part breaking and that is the main reason i want to make a bowgun. Is it not the best? If so what shot is?

I have almost 200 hours and the only good deco i have gotten is maximum might. I keep getting the same 5 worthless decos over and over. I recycle them and get the same ones again.

Its the best for cutting tails, since its the only ammo that can
Normal/spread are best for breaking specific parts
Pierce is good for breaking bodies like thr Raths

The buffs to LS and LA straight up sounds like they're increasing the active frames of the counter and/or decreasing recovery. DB and IG sounds like you don't have to think about resource management as much. GL you don't worry about shelling ruining sharpness. Sprinkle in the damage increase on most things, and it makes most things easier, although HH probably deserves it for always being treated like shit. The only one thats uncertain is CB since those notes are just vague.

Long Axe, the newest addition to the weapon roster.

So is this worth buying PS4 for?
Played FU,P3rd,4U and Gen

No. If you have a decent PC, just wait for the PC version.
No console is worth buying for one game. At least not for full price.

Just wait for all the content to be out before dipping in. They'll probably package it all on PC anyway

What do you consider decent PC?
Because if I have to upgrade with these shitty prices I might as well buy PS4

neat

Wait, weren't people saying that this game would get all additional content for free? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
Because when somebody asked why Qurupeco wasn't in World, I half jokingly said "Why would you give people a monster when you could sell it instead?" and then was told very firmly that every update was going to be free.

or
your choice

Attached: IMAG0416.jpg (1268x711, 217.86K)

There is currently 33$ of paid DLC in the PS store assuming you were to buy the cheapest way to get all of them, that being the bundles which cut off a few dollars. In the Jap stream today for the spring update they confirmed that we will get 1 free character change voucher and afterword it will be a paid feature. We are still getting free content for now but paid DLC is already infesting the game and i sincerely doubt it will stay this way. Prepare for 20-30$ season passes and monster 10-20$ monster packs.

I've only done this to show that people HAVE bought PSPs, it's a ridiculous notion to deny, the nut sold pretty well.

unf

Attached: hurts just a bit.jpg (472x657, 163.76K)

But it doesn't have any good ones

Unlike the PS4?

If I may interject, the two of you have some lovely digits.

Attached: seductive lucario checks them.gif (320x240, 85.91K)

Persona,Yakuza,Bloodborne,Gravity Rush
Nothing like that on PC…

I'm not taking sides, but the first three fall under:

1. Will eventually exist(sega made a poll somewhat recently on how much people want persona and yakuza on pc)
or

2..Do exist essentially.(dark souls is essentially like bloodborne)

err, they didn't make a poll, they just straight up said it's something they want to do

Bloodborne is a faster, horror/lovecraft themed Souls game. There are three Souls games on PC, plus several knock-offs/clones.

Both Persona and Yakuza can already be emulated but I doubt you give a shit about those games and are just listing them because they exist.

Anyone know how much bowgun damage range mods work?
I tried testing out how both close and long range range effect works. Close range raises my damage from 34 to 43 but long range will be 34 (my base damage) at max range within the critical distance and anywhere outside of it will do 5 or less until i hit the not in range so it doesn't affect it at all. From what i have read online they both give the same flat boost for all ammo types but long range doesn't do a damn thing.
Is it bugged or am i doing it wrong somehow?

But Sega has zero relevance to Persona and
is just a fucking stupid thing to say.

>Nothing like that on PC

it doesnt look like it, all they is remove the saed spam and put its power in other axe moves

those fucking comercials man

I know you're just shitposting, but the sad part is there are probably people who are unironically this retarded.

Pretty much. Consider their target audience.

The Seregios LBG is amazing, can do Slicing as well as rapid Normal 2, and can load up ammo just by dodge rolling. I made a G Rank set with Evasion 3 and Evade Distance where I was basically dodging through everything without ever stopping to normally reload.

Absolutely not, World is worse than even Gen.

PS4 only has Persona 5, and the only good Personas were 1 and 2. Even then, it's not an exclusive, just a port - Persona 5 was a PS3 game.

Except for the part where they own Atlus.

Attached: The academic community frowns on your conclusion.jpg (480x455, 44.34K)

MH4U Room is open

01-6106-1620-2856

Attached: __gore_magala_monster_hunter_and_monster_hunter_4_drawn_by_fuse_ryuuta__97d63484554cff02e01aa6aee6706f40.jpg (1000x815, 590.93K)

DIAMONDS

>4 fucking gems in one hunt
>nothing I'm working towards uses them
>Vaal's armor needs a million fangs
Thanks poogie.

Only bit worth making is the 3x1 slot gloves.

Lucky bastard. I need them for gem slot on top rarity, can't seem to get the things.

Attached: 5.jpg (800x1347 570.2 KB, 585.46K)

Well done idiot.

Attached: Monster Bait.jpg (480x272, 229.91K)

Gunlance changes welcomed, I felt pretty much forced to use the Royal Burst with protective polish because sharpness was a pain in the arse, I also had to completely ignore the stake and wyvernfire because the damage was less than the full shelling by quite a lot.

Greatsword really doesn't need it's damage increased, it needs the legacy moves either removed or buffed so you aren't railroaded into the full charge combo and everything else is a waste of time.

LOL everything buffed in an already super easy game.

Is it just me or does the light bowgun do awful terrible damage? Was it nerfed in the past or was it always this bad at dealing damage?

They nerfed the damage because of the mines.
Use ammo that allows for triple shot, Spread is your baseline shot because it's neutral and has lots of points of contact, and elemental shots should be brought in based on what you're hunting. You can also use a melee attack that does good damage, which also compounds with your mines which explode when struck by any shot or damage from you.

It does great damage when your opponent is down/bound/paralyzed etc. The idea is hit and run and abuse triple shot ammo.

The shots that are great with a heavy bowgun are useless to you, you get more mileage and triple damage out of "weak" ammo types. On top of that each bowgun has a specialty in regards to shots. Early game bowgunning is hell for that reason, it only gets better with better weapons and better ammo capacities.

You can, however, break the game with either bowgun with the right setup, they nerfed Slicing ammo for that reason.

Attached: BlackAgumon.gif (499x328, 662.11K)

The mines are really strong starting out where a flat 50 against an enemy with no resistance that can be burst-spammed is a big deal, but the damage peters out by the end of low-rank, and for the fight that concludes low rank against Zorah Magdaros its fucking useless. Seems to me the most reliable way to get damage out of it is to stack close range mods and hug your target, but that kills the purpose of having a ranged weapon in the first place. Furthermore, it seems that only a few weapons in the entire tree are viable given the way they interact with the ammo types.

It just feels like the bowguns are designed for people who don't mind taking twice as long to kill something because attacking at range makes it easier to avoid getting it.

This is where you actually go build your armor sets and charms for skills. With shelling or shot based shit you have to go for the Artillary line of skills, which up the flat damage from 50 to about 80-100. After you get to a certain point you HAVE to specialize in something, and you can cover more then one base using a charm, an Artillery charm is good since you can then focus on working on building elemental attack armor sets which involve Weakness Exploit and ____ Attack, (thunder attack, fire attack etc). Beta pieces are better in the long term, but Alphas can cover shit in the now while you wait for a better Decoration to drop.

For example: I built my shit around inflicting Blast status using a Switch Axe. To do this I built a Bazelguese axe, and a full set of Zorah Magdaros Alpha and Beta armor (event mission), and I specialized on using Elemental Discharge to apply it quickly over and over again. That covers Blast Attack, so I picked up some Earplug or Speed Sharpeners.

Also think of a Heavy Bowgun as a rifle, and a Light Bowgun as a shotgun. Light Bowguns trade range and options for speed, traps and spam galore. They're not useless or bad, low rank just doesn't make it shine.

Also Zorah is a glorified event fight that only Blast users farm because of his armor Bazel has the better Blast weapons since while Zorah's HEAVILY focused on Blast, outside of Dual Blades his weapons suck balls since they usually take on the worst weapon type, like Gunlance's shells under his weapon branch are fucking nothing where not much matters, nut up and pick up a melee weapon so you can break Zorah's badly designed fight in half, you can actually IGNORE Nergigante for the whole damned thing.

Zorah is like the first and easiest Elder Dragon, he's not even a challenge because he's all about artillery wall defence. The real Elder Dragon fights start with Nergigante when you actually go out to kill his ass, he even has a nerfed moveset during his Zorah bit.

Attached: Nergi.jpg (736x552, 43.18K)

Kirin is the other low-rank "elder dragon" bossfight and he wasn't that hard, though certainly stronger than anything else in low rank.

Try the barroth's gunlance with an elementless gem.
It's so fun you'll ask yourself why you didn't do it before.
Now I think I'll build myself a set with focus 3, artillery 3 and attack +7 for the zorah magdorus gunlance. Apparently the charged shots on it are pretty neat.

What is this, Overwatch?

Light Bowguns are broken to hell, they just seem relatively weak because everything else is broken to hell as well. The best usage is taking advantage of elemental weaknesses and playing status support, but a simple Normal 2 Rapid LBG can cut through just about anything shy of an Elder Dragon without even needing to combine for fresh bullets.

And even there he's a joke of a fight who dies in 12 minutes to Normal 2 spam.

Honestly they were probably looking at it, this game is very clearly meant to aim for the Western audience.

i've been reading that elemental damage is fucked or something and that raw is more important than ever, can some good souls enlighten me about this shit? i'm running sns and i thought elemental and status was key to dish out damage with my calfstabber, am i missing something?

The thing about elemental damage is that it's capped at 30% of the weapon's base elemental damage. As a result, most weapons don't see any benefit beyond 3 skill points, and only a handful can use the full 5 skill points. Meanwhile non-elemental boost is only one point for a 10% damage boost that stacks with other damage boosts, which makes it much easier to build around. Trying to do something like an awakened crit element build is a huge skill point investment in just the elemental damage.

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced that raw is king for faster multi-hit weapons. Status weapons have gotten shoved out of the spotlight because of 'muh speedruns' cancer, but they're quite strong for just killing shit. I've heard good things about elemental bows and rapid-fire LBGs, so good elemental DB and SnS builds seem like a solid possibility to me.

I tried it, nothing competes with the Royal Burst with capacity boost and artillery, if you're boosted each shell does 34 damage so that's 200 damage on the shelling combo, plus white sharpness, plus poison and the only one with normal 4.

I believe it is only the bow that works properly with elements, elementless is just such a big boost that the weapon has to be really good without taking the element into consideration and I think that only applies to a handful of weapons.

True charge is all i ever see people trying to get off. Only the old school GS users with max focus and crit draw are trying to play it like a GS.
Fuck all added. Fuck all using it. Almost tied with HH for lowest players i've seen.
Stun values online are so fucking high its insane.
I've seen 6 HH users over 240 Hours vs. 14,834 LS users.
Stay the fuck away from my Lance you cherry boy faggots.
We nailed the critdraw Bow build?
I fucking hate mounting with SA only to waste an opportunity for a phial burst due to the monster attacking. I want to get a phial burst off not face fuck the monster all the time. ALSO a way to abort that auto mount burst would be nice i hope it means this.
No ones using LBG due to it lacking choice of guns and rapid fire variety.
Theres no rapid Pierce and elemental gunning is trash online. MH Generations LBG selection makes MH Worlds offerings look like shit.

Of those six call of dooters, what's your general impression of horn?

I think I get why weapons were buffed. Multiplayer scaling pretty much made a lot of them absolute shit at their jobs for part breaking. Do I feel that's the best way of going about fixing this? No. However, it does make a bit of sense.

Into the trash it goes.

well which bowguns give rapidfire on normal 2 because I thought dragonbone would be an upgrade by rarity but it sucks harder than a standard ore or bone equivalent. It seems that since the game isn't telling its a matter of trial-and-error to see which guns can use what kinds of ammo and whether its rapid fire or not.

Bumping this question.

I suppose i should have specified world but i thought it was fairly obvious. Thanks anyways I do plan to start playing 4u some more and will be trying the Serg LBG.

When you say rapidfire do you mean semi-auto or auto? Because the LBG's that i have tried only have semi-auto some having multiple shots fired without needing to reload which taking a look at HBG's is something they also have. How do you use this function?

The only things that need buffs are stun times, stun damage, HH and both bowguns. Stun is pretty damn trash in this game on top of being pretty hard to pull off.

I meant burst fire if you want to get technical about it. It seems to vary based on the weapon itself and as I mentioned, you can't see it on the weapon's screen and you gotta go into the training ground to see how the use the ammo.

Oh you mean if a round for a weapon has low kickback so you can shoot another round in quicker succession than another round which has a longer cooldown time between round? If so i believe that is just the recoil which as you said isn't in the weapons screen but it is viewable in the bowgun mod menu at the smithy which you can only see once you make the thing.

Nah. The bone and ore trees can fire normal 1 in three-round bursts from the start at five rounds in a magazine. The Dragonbone tree fires the same ammo as single shot with three rounds before reloading. It doesn't seem to do any more damage to compensate for firing two rounds less than for bowguns that fire in a burst.

Finishing up the village quests, only have 2 or 3 left.

Attached: STREAM.png (810x565, 19.54K)

In World, it's mostly the ones with critical penalties like Anjanaf, but Odogaron's does as well and actually gets a pretty good critical bonus on top of that, so that's the one I've been using.

It does, it's just a really bizarre and unwieldy interface to figure it out. In the weapon upgrade menu, you need to highlight the gun and press the left stick in as if it were a button and it brings up a list of all the shots the gun can do. Anything with a double yellow upwards arrow is what it can rapid fire.

You definitely should, gunning was a lot more fun in the normal games.

Enjoy, this is still a somewhat confusing fight for me, but you want to hit that Dragonator after maybe the second time he jumps out of the sand on his approach

jesus christ hunting rathalos with sns. this was shit on fu, shit on tri, shit on 3u, shit on 4u and lord almighty it's shit on world god fucking damn it why am i so shit againt this goddamn flying turbonigger

Attached: 200ac71a7f492d4d4dadd08a1c0978d6643f1b6861c7f04d80f3c16d196a28d9.jpg (500x342, 48.12K)

okay cool, thanks.

Anyone want to help me kill a chameleos in 4u? Please reply if you do, ill make a hall.
Or should I wait for the nightly 4u hall?

Because you dont use flashbombs.

Keeping it simple: how do I bowgun in World? Never tried them because as someone used to swinging around the hammer that ass who would draw the monster away from me kind of left me with a sour taste of them. I don't need gunner armor anymore but I know there's more in general so is there a "Idiot's guide to shooting things" out there?

World makes it pretty braindead easy to Bowgun since you can run while shooting and reloading, and can easily restock on ammo without fear of running out.

The most important thing is that each ammo type has a specific range called "critical distance". If you're too close or too far from the monster, you'll do shit for damage.

Hunter mobility was a mistake but that's good to know. Any "avoid doing at all cost" things? I ended upgrading all my weapons to anja stuff only to find out that from that point forward everything I'd be facing was some kind of resistant to fire.

Dude its easy, the controls are incredibly easy to learn and I managed to do so in under a minute in a fight, it also has a melee attack too so when you're using the LBG you can activate your mines by hitting it and deal massive damage.
You can now have weapon modifications on your BG by adding a shield or a special kind of shot but I only used BGs in the arena.
The only problem I had with them were their upgrade trees, I had NO clue what was going on there so I never bothered to use BG's outside arena.
You could look up a weapon tutorial on jewtube to get a feel for the weapon, thats how I managed to master LS, bow, and HH in only a day each.

You already fucked up by making your weapons anja weapons, they are some of the worst weapons in the game.
The rest you can learn by yourself while playing, thats what I do.

Nightly 4u Room
34-6260-2982-8640

you can always make one yourself
theres also a caravan quest for chameleos which is easier

I got a question about mounting in 4u
Does elemental damage contribute to mounting damage?
I'm doing the rath farming thing since i've got a pretty good farming set now and wondering if i should get a 3 dragon/thunder glaive or stick what i have

Attached: __gore_magala_monster_hunter_drawn_by_less__sample-8cf15f66f0b7f42f1ef9fb6807b97c68.jpg (850x1200, 185.87K)

i dont think i can host my wifi is acting up

were trying again
4U room
52-6176-4783-2363

Attached: __crafting_shop_daughter_monster_hunter_drawn_by_amami_mh__c111c036ebbe79741d30db7c076fb635.jpg (600x800, 309.65K)

3303*

So,how many times have you failed a quest?
Triple carting only, abandoning doesn't apply.
I'm rank 50+ and so far I only ever lost about 8 or 9 quests, two of which to Kirin and three to Bazelgeuse.
I don't feel challenged.

Attached: b3f2de35604e0588f86ab31cc6154ea53a2cc93ff9916783444378f20582cb55.jpg (432x413, 11.97K)

I'll join you

On my own only a few times when dealing with anja and then the elder recess with anja weapons.
When joining hunts it's in the double digits. In my defense, It's not me most of the time.

I've never actually failed a quest. I get carted a few times when I'm being fucking stupid because I underestimate the monster themselves in my defense, it's hard not to underestimate them when you've never failed a quest.

I actually have trouble when I do multiplayer. Not because the monster themselves gets stronger/more hp to balance for multiple players, but more for the fact that I'm so used to all the monsters targeting only me and my poor palico. There should be abuse PSA written about him. It feels weird, because I expect the monster to come for me at certain points, and it doesn't, only for it to attack me when it usually wouldn't in single player. In a way, I guess you could say I'm underestimating its ability even more when other people join.

Attached: Victory Gundam driving.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

I mostly play with a single friend, which in terms of difficulty is only below starting a room and kicking everyone so you can fight the multiplayer boss alone.
My amount of game overs are still in the single digits.

There's a lot of dropped potential here now that I think about it, and if hideo was still part of konami and if they didn't become corporate scumbags I would have loved to see big medic in MHW with a saehalanthopus-looking monster quest. Battle dress would be great too.
Fuck, the peace walker cross over is just coming back to me, I miss those times, guys

The only time I failed a quest in World was a capture against Dodogama when as he limped off he got caught between an Azure Rath and a Bageljuice. I've barely even carted at all, and when I did it was my own fault for getting greedy with GS charges.

To be fair most of my carts were because of learning a new weapon.
I didn't want to play hammer because it felt too powerful.

Lies. The KO damage threshold, proper spacing for maximum head smack triple back swing, the proper song order to prevent the normalfag japs from carting on first glance of aggro.
The doot has tacit knowledge. I've lost count of the number of times my hand moved on its own, doing an empty recital for the one blast, breaking horns 'n shit, knocking aside charging elder dragons.
You think the doot is your ally, you merely adopted the doot. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't forge another kind of weapon until I had finished all ends of the doot tree, and by then it was useless to me.

Attached: 1cfb56f7c7198bda40c6e0295e1aed8965f173a8223f5de4e47352388e0fbe21.jpg (642x1119, 60.63K)

archive.fo/LZwwn
When will this meme die?

Attached: monhunisexactlylikedarksouls.jpg (678x758, 169.71K)

Attached: 1334731300537.jpg (653x833, 278.97K)

Attached: d39b894f432b55f16591c900d47661f7c0652d57395f189f888b7ef18eae58a1.jpg (640x2340, 406.72K)

Its useful if the hunter using is good and adding a range to the songs means i don't get asshats corner horning like in 4U, BUT theres not a lot of hunters using it due to it being slow as fuck and that positioning for those head smacks is something you reaaaaally need to get down for using it.
I swear my Shagaru room was a fucking magnet for those corner horning nubs.

Hey remember those Dark Souls fags who'd come into your rooms spouting "Praise the sun" before triple carting on your 140GQ? Not Je suis monte tier but i still remember……

So when can we go back to the good timeline?

Attached: appalled anime shark.jpg (711x742, 36.35K)

Any tips for reliably landing great sword's shoulder tackle on heads?

Attached: 1428452974354.gif (500x236, 424.41K)

Friday night fights
4u room is open
08-8089-8143-7399

Attached: __rathalos_monster_hunter_drawn_by_fashao_de_xiao__20f37be0cd9a2b59109442aa8e4d77d3.jpg (3800x3000, 7.46M)

Use the paddle combo to reposition. I wouldn't worry too much about the shoulder charges just get to the true charge combo asap, 1 or 2 focus helps.

I tried the Zorah Magdaros weapon, I don't have the gems for 7 attack but managed 6, artillery, focus, hp up, some sharpness and 2 parts of diablos so when it goes to green the damage doesn't drop.
Upswing does 69 into charge shot that does 108 which is not too shabby, the changes to GL on the 22nd will probably push it into useable territory right as the Deviljho GL comes out which is kind of a shame.