Join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday / Saturday):

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Mumble Info down below

Label: Swamp

Address swamp.li

Port 64738

NEWS!!!

Nintendo just unvield Patch 3.0.0.
This patch contains you can also check out the rest of the information on their youtube page.

-New Story Mode
-Playable octolings
-100 pieces of new Clothing
-3 new maps(Trig fish returns)
-And probably more balance patches
Misc News. Inklings confirmed for smash switch

PRIVATE BATTLE WITH US ON THE WEEKENDS

Wanna play up with us on the weekends. Post your friend Codes and cue up in the mumbles for private battles AT LEAST BE B+ and Above cant let the Nubies play with the big boys off the bat SO GET THAT RANK GRIND ON

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (680x1209 543.97 KB, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/warning-dont-update-to-5-0-if-you-plan-ever-to-use-hb-or-cfw.498656/
switch.cfw.guide/guide/blocking-updates/
splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/171864197472/we-just-received-a-detailed-report-from-our-hq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TOXIC THE OCTOLINGS
TURF WAR NOW!!

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (680x680, 604.21K)

Octolings are inferior.

Attached: 8f044b6615666fe057853c0c274005807209d4b0915840b7aca782be9f27d719.jpg (720x450, 56.53K)

Attached: 6ab80800c3f418a7183b94ae1f0d98a24704af908bf010c7834b5b467282d541.png (758x559, 13.08K)

>mfw I was C- and playing in privates

Attached: 33184a9a10d7df46734fcee9f7722889db1dd235cc266eea8ebcef9b3579ffbd.jpg (616x462, 199.29K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (680x383, 511.67K)

Of course the (((Octoling))) campaign would be paid DLC.

Haha

Fucking hell, they put the only thing I care about behind a pay wall. Single player, while ok, is not worth 20 dollars. Also smash, but when you play actual fighting games it just seems bland in comparison.

Attached: 1515341842036.jpg (1016x720, 249.52K)

>mfw cuntboys and playing with privates

Octolings are Superior

Attached: Octoling17.jpg (800x450, 217.66K)

The price seems more about there being 80 missions than the octoling itself, really.

Dick status: MUH.

Attached: 1464867519843.jpg (600x726, 40.19K)

The fact remains that it's $20 to play as an octoling.

The forehead is 21, while octonigger is 19.

it cost you at least a hundred to get a fancy word processor to shitpost with.

Hey user some of us just want to tenderly love an Octoling, like me

Attached: Octoling10.jpg (1200x1200, 914.33K)

>I want to help amnesiac Octo-chan live her new life in Inkopolis through the power of squidgirl love and yuri.

Attached: Inklings-The truth.jpg (800x596, 144.79K)

Go back to /r/splatoon, faggot. Splatoon 2 costs $60, and with this you have to pay another $20 to experience the full game, and then pay for amiibos to get those features, and then come September pay $20 a year for online access so you can actually play the main part of the game. It's scummy as hell and I can't wait till I can pirate that DLC so I can laugh in all of the faces of those retards who actually paid $20 to support the destruction of this once young and promising franchise.

Attached: 32c78bac-4549-4385-b081-097b2ffef03c.png (1200x1200 422.81 KB, 110.13K)

wew
How old is callie and marie?

Your argument is made moot by the fact that this is an expansion pack, not DLC.

Just pointing out the fact that "playable octoling is 20 bucks" is faulty logic.
You seem familiar with the place.

Attached: ink covered 2.png (800x595 706.56 KB, 586.12K)

How someone can talk such truth followed by such bullshit just blows my damn mind.

Attached: bfa325ab998334e5bf9a93114561c24328efb72b920a4aee299cc228828d33c4.jpg (640x480, 138.01K)

Squids are for hug.
Kids are for fug.

Attached: E1BE3FB1-332E-42A0-BD58-1D47F6FF16CE.jpeg (800x1773 494.86 KB, 549.67K)

octolings are for bullying. squids are for cuddling.

An expansion pack that doesn't expand shit besides 80 measly missions, paywalls octolings despite the code for playable octolings existing in the game already (and in Splatoon 1 too) and is downloadable. How does that make my argument moot?

No it isn't, you dumb shit. You HAVE to pay $20 to play as an octoling. It isn't faulty logic at all.
You seem to be too considering you sound like the retards there that defend this shit.

Attached: just an anus.jpg (200x350, 76.89K)

Correction, you have to pay twenty dollars for a campaign and then complete that campaign and THEN you get to play as an Octoling.
I suppose you do have a point, though. While I believe the content sold is well worth the twenty dollars, you are still basically paying for playable Octolings. It's an irrefutable fact.

Also fuck them for shitting on the whole character design philosophy of the octolings. They're supposed to have 8 limbs: 4 including the arms and legs and then 4 with hair tentacles. The fagcut octoboy has only 5 limbs now.

So if the hero of Splat1 is Agent 3, the hero of Spla2n is Agent 4, and the hero of the Octo expansion is Agent 8, who are Agents 5, 6, and 7?

Attached: capn's angels.png (3080x770, 1.47M)

Splatfest results are in, pic related

And you're a fucking idiot for believing that. 20 years ago a $20 expansion pack would have gotten you more content than 80 missions that will take maybe 2-4 hours to complete. Expansion packs in the past would add on 10+ hours of extra content.

Attached: march splatfest 2018.jpg (736x217, 30.25K)

I've never played Slatoon is there a mechanical difference between squids and octos? Or are octos just the same as squids with a different skin?

No mechanical difference what so ever

Splatfest results are in!

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Delicious chicken, obviously.
So with that, white ink claims another win. I'm disappointed we won't get to play white/yellow games in the future. I really liked the colors, and the way tenta missiles made the field look like it was sunny side up.

Attached: Pearl explodes.jpg (1280x10080 2.27 MB, 2.84M)

I guess dinosaurs didn't lay eggs then…

Dinosaurs aren't chickens, and thus their eggs aren't chicken eggs

i don't think thats how the saying goes m8

Attached: 4b999c523034853b71a98a1b4afaa02343f17d322e9e6da8c97ea1d19c901c37.png (225x227, 66.88K)

This is a splatournament team.
I know someone knows what I'm getting at. post some webms

Attached: this is a team.PNG (508x572, 160.53K)

It's pretty obvious that in the context of the question we're talking about chicken eggs, not any egg.

Attached: inquisitive JC.png (600x693, 352.1K)

But chickens are dinosaurs.

The egg from which the first chicken came, would per definition be the first chicken egg, even if whatever laid it could not yet be classified as a chicken.

They did that with inklings too when they let players change their hair, thus ruining the aesthetic consistency.

Best girl wins again.

Except it isn't a chicken egg because the egg isn't from a chicken. You don't call an egg a different name because something mutated inside it. It's still an egg that came from a chicken.

This. I didn't get Splatoon 2 because of the paid online shit. I got splatoon 1 because free online. The Octoling singleplayer mode looked fantastic, but $20? I had no interest in tis game, but ow they add something I kinda want, but I can't have it without shelling out $80?
FUCK RIGHT OFF

Attached: squiddy style.jpg (524x358, 67.96K)

Repostin' from last thread.

Attached: fresh meme.png (728x747, 513.06K)

It looks like shit but they definitely have 8 limbs.

Attached: they have 8.PNG (228x191, 119.34K)

Attached: 1403335239406.jpg (200x296, 21.72K)

Attached: dc07aa445bdbb122efa72927de9abfae546a7caa531a36a5b9be49799da298a3.gif (350x349, 2.96M)

I'm going to miss the albino squids. I wish I could get a shot of my all white outfit with white ink.

Attached: i splat my pants.jpg (1280x720 134.92 KB, 149.98K)

Back in my days it was only 10 bucks.

Back in my day all you needed was a hacked Wii U, because Splatoon 1 had playable octolings it just took some work to make them safe to play with

user I…

Attached: Octoling29.png (900x713, 586.5K)

You can fund deez Nuts

got em

They should have done a pompador over this. It would have looked a lot better and gone with the whoke thug vibe they got going.

Attached: 1465516402928.png (835x1627, 347.64K)

I want to marry Teagan

I get bitching about paid cosmetic DLC, or P2W shit, or Amiibo shit, but this is $20 for an expansion campaign, extra gear, and an extra character. I don't see why this is a problem where something like Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction or any of the other expansions from the 90s-00s weren't a problem, and cost way more.
$20 for 80 missions, which is almost 7 hours of content assuming each mission is 5 minutes (and many are very likely longer), is not a bad deal, especially considering that inflation means that $20 now is the same as $13 20 years ago (and conversely, $20 1998 dollars is $30.77 2018 dollars). I can't believe retards here still forget that inflation exists.
Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction cost $40 on launch, which is $55 in today's money. The collector's edition with the original and expansion together was $70, which is about $96.75 today for the game and its expansion.

It seems like half the idiots here are either blinded by nostalgia about DLC ("it was good in the 90s!") or just simply hate the idea of paying for anything ever. It was the same shit for the Mario Kart 8 DLC, which was 16 tracks and 6 characters for $12.

This, really. I do fear what this could spiral into, however. If Splatoon 3 has lootboxes I'm going to feel like an idiot.

It could easily spiral into that, but it's not like games (especially a lot of Nintendo ones) have needed lootboxes or DLC to be occasionally scummy. It's stupid to drop into "this is bad because it's X" or "this is good because it's X". These things have to be judged on a case-by-case basis. How much does it cost (up front and over time), how much content do you get, how much time do you have to put in, and how much enjoyment do you get out of it? Given those factors, is it worth the money, and by how much? You can slippery slope anything into any conclusion if you try hard enough, but looking at it from an economic perspective has always been the smartest. The only way it will slide into a worst case scenario is if people are willing to pay for that worst case scenario and make it viable from a business perspective. That said, Nintendo is a "family friendly company", and they really would never do lootboxes. Not that they aren't scummy a lot of the time, but they would never want to taint their image as a company selling gambling-addiction-made-fun to children. Amiibo are scummy, but they're scummy in a way that comes off as selling overpriced toys rather than outright nefarious.

no wonder octolings prey on inklings voraciously

That doesn't expand shit
That isn't worth $20
That shouldn't be paywalled
Fuck off shill

Attached: nerd.jpg (377x170, 26.95K)

Oh yeah, $12 in 2014 is the same as $20 today. Thanks economist!

Do you even understand what you're trying to say? It just sounds like stupid fucking nonsense to me. How is more content in every aspect of the game not an expansion?

It's easier to take you seriously if you address something that I actually said, instead of completely misrepresenting my point to attack something I never even implied.

80 shitty missions isn't "more content" that's worth $20 and worth paywalling octolings behind

Fuck off shill

Maybe it's rob again. I kind of wish it is just so I can see him sperg again.

Attached: DMm-f5nWsAETDDk.jpg (1200x675, 67.26K)

You can fuck off too for posting shit anime

I was agreeing with you, but I guess the image pissed you off. Care to tell why it is shit?

Attached: weew.png (279x231, 47K)

The extra gear is part of a free update in April. The $20 expansion is coming in summer and is just the single player campaign and octoshit

Why?

Attached: justasmallfeecomrade.jpg (674x960, 99.1K)

DLC will be acceptable when the consumer has the same rights and abilities they would have purchasing a game traditionally.
When that happens (never), you can speak.

It literally is. Why the scare quotes?

I like how you can describe an ordinary purchase as a "paywall". How do you like your paywalled groceries and internet connection?

It's fun that "shill" is the go-to word of retards like you whenever somebody says that something might be a good purchase. Your communist paradise will never exist.

So are expansion sets never acceptable? Star Craft Brood War and Diablo 2 LoD were unacceptable?

Why are you changing the subject? We aren't talking about expansion packs, we're talking about DLC. Are you having a stroke?

Marx did nothing wrong

And this is both. If you download an expansion pack, it doesn't make it magically not an expansion pack. I'm not changing the subject, and you're refusing to address the point. What rights does this take away that expansion sets of the 90s did not?

How is this not not an expansion?

Attached: Splatoon-2-Octo-Expansion.jpg (1280x720, 395.03K)

How do I git better at this game? I'm sitting at Rank A / A+ for all match types and am starting to get really salty about how shitty I'm doing. When I try looking up tips online it's all basic shit, I'm looking for good advice from people who are actually winning high-ranking matches.

Have some Marina as compensation.

Attached: Marina7.png (694x1000 701.91 KB, 83.43K)

Try experimenting with different weapons, honestly its always a crapshoot with randoms. There is consistent way to carry shit teams.

Attached: ROB Enters the Splatoon thread.mp4 (1280x720, 1.71M)

I mean, it says expansion right there.

No* consistent way to carry shit teams.

Also it hasn't been a year yet, you shill.
Make me faggot. And I'm not going to shell out $20. I'm going to pirate the DLC and tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves for paywalling a purely cosmetic feature that people wanted since Splatoon 1.

Because it doesn't expand shit. Wow 80 shitty missions and shitty looking octolings that look worse than the originals, big fucking deal.

Attached: kaori.jpg (640x480, 66.47K)

I knew the average person was a retard but it's an objective fact that the egg came before the Chicken. Do retards seriously not know what Dinosaurs are?

Attached: 1358063482071.jpg (550x413, 38.24K)

Plus it isn't an expansion because it should have been in the game in the first place AND I'm sure as shit confident that they actually made (or at least started working on) this campaign before the launch of the game, meaning they withheld it so they could make $20 a pop DLC out of it. Splatoon is Nintendo's hottest new franchise and it is a giant cash cow, and everybody knows that, including Nintendo themselves.

Dinosaurs aren't chickens and therefore dinosaur eggs aren't chicken eggs.

It never said chicken egg, it said egg.

see

No it wasn't.
Is an egg

Grasp harder
Too rich for your blood eh
We're all very impressed
So you would prefer they make the game pay-to-win?
I thought you were going to pirate it? Why don't you just stop playing since you clearly despise the game and anyone who plays it.

wasn't it established that the chicken came from the egg of something that was quite similar to a chicken but not actually a chicken yet?
I mean that would make sense seeing as how that's evolution works,slight changes over periods of time and all that.

You're trying way too hard.

If expansion/DLC development started while game development was ongoing, I'll eat my words. Otherwise it's a fair deal.

Attached: :v).png (256x256, 125.4K)

Fellas can we both go back to talking about how Octolings are superior?

Attached: Octoling28.jpg (800x998, 80.9K)

Not if you keep posting nuOctolings

Attached: tumblr_ojoobp0HC91uc9g1wo1_1280.jpg (1280x1612, 362.41K)

Kaori is the absolute worst part of City Hunter. She brings the entire anime down with her shitty attitude and her lust for Ryo's dick. The show is at its best when it's serious, but cartoon hammers, tsundere bullshit, and overplaying Ryo's love for women severely ruin it. Umibozu is best grill

Doesn't even really need to be said. There was never any question about it.

Kaori is cute

CUTE!

Attached: kaori2.jpg (401x640, 51.97K)

She's better off being a lesbian. She seems to attract a lot of women under the right circumstances, and seemed to be alright with that.

user I…

Attached: Octoling33.jpg (600x750, 61.74K)

The nuOctolings aren't even octolings, probably

Should Tama Toys, Toys Heart or Magic Eyes doing Splatoon Merchandise?

Attached: sample_0cc25cab201ba2012be15457c22114bf.jpg (850x1413, 379.53K)

?

you can't prove that yet

I'm betting they're squidnapped inklings getting OCTO'D and escaping/trying to remember their past.

Attached: 59283476_p8_master1200.jpg (900x900, 433.88K)

He's asking which sex toy manufacturer should make Splatoon sex toys. Also it doesn't matter, pretty much all cocksleeves are the same.

It's a shitty fucking NoE topic. The entire problem with EU Splatfests is there's an objectively correct answer, and they somehow think this is acceptable.
The point of Splatfests is to get people/players arguing over a mundane, but opinionated topic. Making them "argue" about how to roll toilet paper, eat breakfast, or over pedantic views of a rhetorical "philosophical" question is not remotely engaging, because there's a quantifiable truth. This is why NA is superior, and why EU shouldn't be allowed to make their own Splatfest topics ever again.
It's up to NoA to salvage this event by turning chickens into a meme like they did with mayonnaise. I expect future map dialogue to cover Pearl's growing fascination with the fat, flightless birds, and her dangerously limited education in the field of farmwork.

I cannot fucking wait for the expansion so I can genocide even more subsquid octolings, and this time I'll get to do it in multiplayer.
Although I'm not looking forward to supporting their asses with welfare from my Salmon Run shifts.

Attached: thinking squid.jpg (252x575 65.72 KB, 63.43K)

Thank you for explaining user. Google searches only yielded something about old vacuum tubes for electronics

Behead those who insult pearl or Octolings

Attached: Marie, Pearl and Marina.jpg (736x588, 69.42K)

Large DLC is still DLC. It's not my fault that you can't tell the difference between a digital-only piece of content that greatly restricts what you are permitted to do with it, and an expansion that can still be bought, sold, and transferred freely to this day.
Kids these days, no idea what compels them to defend multinational corporations and their business practices.

The Inklipedia entry for the Octolings says the following
Amazona is femenine for amazon, the male term would just be amazon. Are they implying that all Octolings are female?

Play more. There are definitely tricks that help you out with particular weapons, but the main way you get better is just by playing enough that you know what to expect from your enemy in every situation.
A few general tips:
Never super jump. There are ways to use it right if you're not retarded, but you're having trouble making it to S, so you're retarded. Eventually you'll start to get less retarded and figure out some occasions when super jumping doesn't fuck you or your teammates over, but that comes later.
Never stand still. Chargers and splatlings are the only weapons that can get away with it and it's still suboptimal for them (there are a few occasions when it actually is better to stand still, but remember, you're retarded and won't know the difference yet).
Use your special. There are very few specials that are worth holding onto for long (Splashdown is the main one, because when you're playing against good players just having it ready will affect the way people fight you). If you have Ink Storm or Tenta-missiles there's no reason to hold on to them for more than about five seconds, just fire it off and start building the next one even if the situation doesn't seem perfect. In league battles you can coordinate with your teammates to use your specials together for a push, but that doesn't apply to solo ranked.
If you tell us what weapon you're using I can give more specific advice.

Can… Can I give Callie a hug? She looks adorable. Hope she doesn't have octo-aids.

And is it wrong to think there's hope for a date with titty amazon Octoling and her new little pettanko nee-chan?

Yes it is wrong

Attached: Homosexuality isn't right.jpg (1273x713, 140.35K)

Whens the Custom range blaster Nintendo

Attached: Robo.jpg (811x1200, 806.89K)

That also applies to digital game distribution and almost literally every modern piece of software. You're right to some degree, but you're retarded if you think it only applies to DLC.

Forgot to mention, CD keys were already doing the same thing in the 90s. You can resell physical expansions, but you can't use them online. It's scummy for sure, but the better alternatives are almost entirely gone already, and will be entirely gone soon enough. Even in the 90s there weren't many expansions that were actually unrestricted, and before that, manuals had codes that would block you from continuing if you happened to buy a copy that didn't come with it. It's shittier now, but it's never been great.
Either way, you're conflating content and price with the medium. The medium is only really good either in unrestricted digital form or physical without a key, and that's always been the exception.

Yes, it does.
Tell that to my copy of Lord of Destruction that I bought used. Maybe you forget that CD keys didn't work the same way prior to Steam, maybe you never knew in the first place.
Holy fuck, he's really bringing out the "passcodes in the manual are DRM!" argument.
Always accuse your opponent of what it is that you yourself are doing, I suppose. This is exactly what you're doing when you say things like "It's not DLC, it's an expansion!" because you like how much content there is.

I think you might be autistic.

I remember, but you don't appear to know the definition of "unrestricted"

Didn't say that. I was only saying that your fantasy of unrestricted resale only applies to old console games. If you're going to argue against things I never said, you don't actually have a point.

I'm doing literally the opposite by disregarding the medium and focusing only on the content. Are you brain damaged?

Have a Splat Tim, squids.

Attached: bc263ceb1ad248401a235a359410b15f74f2408cc7f72290982b41009fe9143d.jpg (236x272, 12.76K)

I don't think you have room to talk considering you defended paywalling a cosmetic feature in a video game.

So yes, you're brain damaged.

Maybe if you're brain damaged. And I was talking about the Octolings, which you mentioned in
Also quit trying to using sage as a downvote. Sage is meant to be used for off topic replies to threads so that threads aren't bumped by stupid shit. We're talking on the topic of Splatoon so you can't go "o-oh i'm not using it as a downvote".

I don't think 80 missions is measly. I'd bet this would be better than the default Single Player as well. My biggest worry is lore rape and Octoling integration faggotry.

Attached: 1391030682055.png (594x383, 90.82K)

Squiggas don't know how it is

Attached: f262687a-fd28-496f-9d09-a5e28765a5f8.png (1126x984 1.94 MB, 419.9K)

Attached: 6bafcabe-5e95-45d4-b651-c0f03428944c.png (1280x999 1.08 MB, 1.19M)

Attached: b3eff7f5-3191-44c0-9f8a-47e7f789298a.png (1280x1336 1.01 MB, 1.63M)

REMOVE OCTOPI CUCKS!

Proto-chicken laid the eggs, it didn't just magically transform from a Dino all night.

You're being retarded on purpose, aren't you?

I'm so sorry for your loss user

Attached: Octoling30.png (1190x1670, 2.39M)

Have you got the unrotoscoped source of that?

you're pathetic

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (580x523, 46.47K)

I'm still gonna post it since I spent time searching for it

Attached: juwBHsU.jpg (798x960, 86.2K)

Not sure why you don't get the last part, commie.

Attached: 5d0566bb300cb3cfb1f058f73a93d1840e335957c2e7afe1530229aa8f34472d.jpg (640x640, 100.38K)

FUCKING KIKES RUINING EVERYTHING.

Attached: counter strike splatoon o….webm (640x360, 6.97M)

I.E.D when? for the glory of Octavio

Octolings have always been exclusively female since their creation in test tubes as a weapon to kill Inklings. And fags unironically think they're superior, they lost every time guys!

I'll admit that they're cuter than niggers but Inklings are still superior.

I rotate weapons pretty often. I favor regular guns and dualies most of the time. The dualie squelchers seem like the best weapon overall for the time being. Also use Splattershot/Junior/Pro, Splash-o-Matic, regular dualies. I try to use brushes and rollers every once in a while but always get my ass handed to me. Sometimes I see players doing really well with them but overall they seem really underpowered. I use the rapid blaster a lot in tower control / splash zones.

What motion sensitivity is everyone playing on? I'm using 3-4 right now. Seems like I either can't turn fast enough or wobble back and forth over the person I'm trying to hit.

Attached: Splatoon15.jpg (600x800 1.07 MB, 102.32K)

I wonder if male Octolings will finally be called "takoclese", a mash up of tako and Herculese.

Good work Team. now for our next plan to take over the world

Attached: 1452124783983.jpg (180x192, 20.59K)

You niggas were streaming? Why didn't you link.

we usually link in the mumble tbh

I'll probably stream again later 2nite

Attached: 1403580192888.jpg (960x720, 173.46K)

Thanks man, I don't have the game but I enjoy watching you guys play

I'm a dualie squelcher main, so I can offer a few tips with them. First, point sensors are really, really good. You can use them to go fishing where you think someone might be, but you should prioritize hitting people you can already see. The point sensor will keep them from hiding, alert all your teammates to their position (especially good if you have a teammate running stingray or tenta-missiles), and often cause them to retreat.
Second, don't feel bad about sitting back a bit from fights. There are times when you'll need to move up, but very often you can have a significant impact just by throwing out point sensors and missiles while staying out of range of the enemy and inking turf. You can put out a lot of missiles during a match–I've gotten upwards of 10 before.
Even when you do engage, do it from your maximum range (or beyond–you can still hit shots a short distance out of your range if you're on high ground, they just do less damage). You outrange almost every other weapon, take advantage of that. Also, don't use focused fire all the time. The larger spread on your standard fire is useful at long ranges.
Dodge rolling is a good tool, but you shouldn't be using it aggressively like the shorter-range dualies do (except when fighting some blasters). For you, it's primarily a tool for retreating quickly while still being able to fire and deter pursuit.

I don't play brushes, but from what I've seen the main trick to them is to always come at your enemy from above or behind, and to keep strafing while you're swinging the brush.
I have the sensitivity at max. Are you using a pro controller or the joycons?

I bought this game so I have a reason to play my switch. What should I expect? Is the expansion worth it?

Squids, and kids
Play the singleplayer first, and if you like that you might want to get it, but otherwise its not necessary.

Any detailed stuff for a new player? This game looks really fun. I am a sucker for the colorful Jet Set Radio/TWEWY aesthetic this game has but how often does Nintendo update the game? Is it something you can play for months and never get totally bored of it like Mario Kart? I know there are 8 maps to start but how many has Nintendo added? I remember a skatepark level in the first game is that one back?

The expansion seems to be fixing this from what little I've seen, but HOLY FUCK the hub design in Splatoon 2 is bad. It's complex, it's convoluted, and it's tedious as hell to find the levels you're supposed to be completing. The last world in particular, despite having a pretty neat aesthetic at least I think it is, anyway, makes the Cosmic Observatory look simple and linear in comparison. Other than that, it's really fun and the levels and music are all good.

how often does Nintendo update the game?
It's been relatively frequent. As you can see from the OP, the next update was announced to add 3 more maps, 100 more cosmetics and probably weapons, and an expansion of the player ranks, at the very least. This is fairly common.
It certainly is, I'd almost say it's of a higher standard than Mario Kart.
There have currently been 9 stages added post-launch, and each splatfest has an octarian-themed stage created for it as well. Some are returning stages, however, and Blackbelly Skatepark is one of them. It's definitely smaller than it was in Splatoon 1, though.

Some other things to consider though, the paid DLC is obviously beginning, and there's a strong danger of retailer-exclusive DLC like Japan has received. There's also the fact that Nintendo plans to introduce paid online in a few months, so you might not get as much playtime out of it as you would have at launch. Other than that, it's one of the only truly great things the modern industry has left to offer.

God damn that is actually really impressive. I see a lot of salt around this expansion pack in here though. Is 80 missions an insignificant amount of gameplay? Does the full game have like 200 or something?

Attached: e6bc9735edf7b6a1b8e5eedf5df95009626c6cc36f71a548529228b18bb1679e.jpg (244x255, 14.81K)

Actually the game has like 27 not counting bosses. Just checked

So the expansion basically triples the amount of singleplayer content in the game.

Both games have 27 stages of decent length, not counting bosses, adding up to 54 stages. Theoretically, this expansion pack has more stages than the first two games combined. HOWEVER, it remains to be seen how long these stages actually are (they could very well be as short as one segment of a full level), and if they're well-designed or not to justify the $20 they're asking for. I think it looks surprisingly good, but I'm hesitant because of the hub world issues I've mentioned before and the potential caveats I mentioned in this post. I don't want to spend $20 to play as an Octoling in multiplayer unless the new campaign is truly top-notch.

Honestly, we have no knowledge whatsoever as to the actual nature of the content, it's length, and so on. It could be more content than both games together, or it could be a campaign the size of either of the others.

Base game has 27 + bosses, as mentioned.
They were alright, but they weren't something I'd want more of, definitely not 80 more of at the cost of $20. And you had to replay them all a minimum of 9 times each in order to unlock all the available weapon skins.
What they did show seems different, though. They had an enemy using an inkjet to fight you, which wasn't in any of Splatoon 2's levels. There might actually be some interesting levels in there, but they might be horribly outnumbered as well.

Attached: 67665992_p1.jpg (1083x1575 530.81 KB, 731.17K)

Aw Sweet.

Ass

This is a friendly reminder to not fuck your squids, they've very sticky and you'll get ink everywhere.

By the way, do you all only really talk on Mumble and not disagreement? I find it easier to arrange matches and salmon runs using the text channels.

Attached: squid.gif (477x269, 1.67M)

Oops, I'm assuming that's a case of autocorrect on my half and not a word filter. I meant disagreement and not disagreement.

Don't use that software, there's tons of better options for text based messengers if you need that kind of thing

user you're being willfully ignorant of every other statement I've made in this thread, so I'll just blow you the fuck out now.
Hardly completed. The game came out with barely any maps or game modes, a criticism it shares with how Splatoon 1's launch.
And of those 6 four of them aren't newly made for Splatoon 2, just ports from Splatoon 1.
Wow free updates which are mostly just ports of older weapons, clothing, and stages from Splatoon 1. Those are hardly updates. Even the new stuff we get isn't THAT great.
Quit being a retarded Nintendrone, you won't get any support here no matter how much you cry "COMMIE COMMIE UR A COMMIE" at people who point out how this DLC is a ripoff.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2049x1536, 2.03M)

Wanna know how I know you didn't play it?

Attached: 4812098410234.jpg (684x513, 154.8K)

Kinda hard to want to play the campaign when it's boring as shit. But I dare you to prove me wrong.

Nigger you literally don't even have to play the campaign to know the story from the first game doesn't apply.

The same objective every level, the same concept of rescuing a squid at the end, it is practically the same story. Get over it.

I'm not even going to reply to you after this, if you are so disingenuous to imply splatoon 1's story was about saving a squid ignoring the literal GIANT UNAVOIDABLY VISIBLE change to the game post finishing the story, I can't be fucked explaining why you are wrong.

user I know about the fucking Zapfish, I was talking about saving Cap'n Cuttlefish in Splatoon 1 being the same as saving Callie in Splatoon 2. Learn how to read into context, you dumb shit.

And if anything you're just further proving my point that Splatoon 2's story is a rehash considering BOTH GAMES HAD YOU SAVE THE ZAPFISH

It's like some kind of awful nega-Rob.

Use Wire or something you absolutely need permanency in your chat applications.

What this sounds like to me is you never liked the singleplayer to the point where you find it reprehensible to pay for more. Shockingly, anons with different taste enjoyed it and are willing to pay for new levels. Because you see people willingly spend money on a thing you thought sucked, you think they're nintendrones (that, and your belief the DLC is cut content, which hasn't been confirmed or dis-proven). All-in-all, the best you can do is try to convince people their taste is shit, like explaining why the single player was never good and buying more is a waste (or proof of ninty cutting features and selling them)

tl;dr: please be nice :))

Attached: aXm7679xjU.jpg (650x650, 123.86K)

What the fuck is going on in this thread

Attached: 1403499560434.png (192x154, 76.51K)

I don't even own the game and I know you're full of shit, user. You save a fish at the end of each level. My nephew and I played through the entire game together.

Shills

You just proved my fucking point, you dumbfuck. I was saying that you save a fish at the end of Splatoon 1 and 2's levels. There's no change to the story between 1 and 2. The Zapfish is stolen, you have to fight octolings to get it back, turns out DJ Octavio captured the squid grandpa/worst squid girl and you have to fight him to get them and the Great Zapfish back.

Are you people being retarded on purpose? We've had this discussion in this thread before since launch and most of the time we all agree that Splatoon 2's story mode was underwelming because it was rehashing 1's.

Complaining about an expansion pack that more than doubles the amount of singleplayer content in the game is still retarded my dude.

I want to try a new weapon. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that is a good ambush weapon that is not a brush? What about good umbrellas or splatlings? I usually use squid speed ups, ink usage down, and that ability that makes specials faster to get.

If you like hold-charging go Goo Tuber. Bamboozler or blasters could be fun if you master precision.

Heavy splatlings seem like they got buffed. I've been wanting to practice with them.

Squids shoot soy at each other, fun fact you guys.

Would kid speed up benefit heavy splatlings while firing?

Splatling Gun is the number one weapon I want to try when the game arrives in the mail tomorrow. I love Gatlin guns in vidya games.

From this picture:

possible healthy rivalry.

What did Nintendo mean by this?

Attached: chara_boygirl.png (1186x476, 734.98K)

Octolings are superior

Attached: REMOVE-INTENSE.gif (487x449, 712.63K)

From this picture:

What did Nintendo mean by this?

Edit: my bad lol

Attached: chara_boygirl.png (1186x476, 734.98K)

We've got five. Get in Mumble and we'll do some private battles.

Attached: 1431278571712.png (336x389, 211.61K)

Are there any really cool outfits you can unlock or is it all clothes and hats? I remember in the first game how you could not change your pants is that also true for this game? Show me squiddy /fa/

80. Measly.

Attached: eh.jpg (453x508, 25.33K)

Maybe i'm just being a skeptical prude but It's kinds of amazing to me how much they have gotten away in this franchise.

Attached: tenor.gif (320x292, 820.13K)

No, you're right. That fucking hip sway in the expansion announcement surprised me. There's no possible way that wasn't intentionally risque.

Reminder that Octo Expansion is getting a physical install cart in brazil.

8 is wearing what's basically a clubbing outfit for super sluts. Octolings are either the lewdest or the most innocent.

They are both and that's why they are superior

Splatoon can die now. I regret supporting it.

Attached: anon gets ready to play video games.png (540x476, 486.89K)

user, retards think ckickens poop out 12 eggs then exploded into mc nuggets. They ain't seen a chicken cuck a cat of it's meal and the cat fuck off because it knows not to mess with it.

Attached: Chickens are totally harmless right.webm (640x360, 742.48K)

I used to have chickens, they're tough motherfuckers that will kill and eat each other if they have a mind to. That's their nature. They're basically dinosaur ass birds that go good with gravy and potatoes.
Point is. Retards think chicken comes from the supermarket and don't know anything about how the world works.
Also they would take on fucking rats along with mice, the fuckers would even fight cats if they came anywhere near them.
Chickens are honesty doesn't afraid of anything

Fuck off

Chickens are serious fuckers, bruh.

Attached: totally not a dinosaur.webm (360x360, 2.07M)

Opinion discarded.

Attached: fuck off.jpg (1024x576, 37.12K)

I used to have a huge cock until my dog killed it, he was pretty menacing.

Attached: Laughing Ooze.png (800x450, 600.06K)

It has literally the same amount of missions and about the same playtime as the first game's campaign. What the fuck are you talking about?

Well, they needed something fresh :^) to make kids want to spend more money. What's more appealing to children than bright colors and ADHD tier quick gameplay?
They're going to milk this for as much as it's worth and then some, when the kids who play it stop draining mommy's credit card, the fucking manchildren who'll defend Nintendo to the death will still pay for more squid ass with Octolings now.

White sussexe bantems right? They're pretty even if all chickens are fucking mad cunts.

Your arguing with a troll that is mad people like shit on a console he doesn't like. Obvious cuckchan console war kiddie or a PC Master race reddit.

Attached: 2eb.jpg (480x360, 22.15K)

So chickens are superior to cats?
catfags lost cats vs dogs, and now theyre losing cats vs chickens? absolute insanity.

Oh boy now we get TWO TIMES the amount of the piss easy, boring single player.

How does that help your point at all? If anything Splatoon 2 should have had MORE than Splatoon 1's single player.

Nice buzzwords and lack of arguement.

Nice argument ,Amerimutt.

I'm sorry for your loss user, it must be hard living with a dead dick.

Attached: not an argument.png (399x614, 405.88K)

You wouldn't, would you?

Attached: dont fuck squidgirls.webm (320x240, 1.41M)

Really nice day out today. I feel great.

Attached: 11a630c5d47fadb465b4d4c4acbc0f554488c8c7dcf95fd823676d9eab839a39.jpg (640x480, 249.85K)

Does the game permanently presume my ginger for the rest of the game or can I switch?

Yeah you can switch any time press x and go to I think options there should be an inkling option

Neat I think I'll play as a girl for now.

is that david cage?

How come no one posted this yet
Niceeee

Sounds like an shonen anime OP.
Also glad to have best girl back.

It's whoever you want it to be.

Heres the other preview

I will never forgive this person for being this dumb

Brahma chicken is what's in the Webm and is fuckhuge. Yeah chickens are, like, loaded guns with attitudes.

Attached: shameful.jpg (319x480, 138.58K)

WARNING
SWITCH UPDATE 5.0 OUT
Do not update if you want potential hax sooner rather than much later. Splatoon seems to be playable without updating though but the 5.0 update closes a lot of potential exploits.

why the fuck is it 5.0 instead of 4.2 then

Because they also patched more than that
gbatemp.net/threads/warning-dont-update-to-5-0-if-you-plan-ever-to-use-hb-or-cfw.498656/
The kernel now has kernel address space layout randomization, which makes hacking harder.

Are the motion controls something you just adapt to? I am having a hard take adjusting.

Just keep practicing user. when I first went motion I had a hard time adjusting . But I kept at it and over time I trained hard and got better at it
Then I did a month of just using stick controls for rollers and now I can just use sticks and motion

Attached: 1439653124491.png (500x500, 114.9K)

It's more about being forced to play in one specific position. Like I can't lay down and play the game. How do you work around stuff like that?

Have you considered not being a faggot and sitting up properly when playing a game where your teammates are relying on you?

Geez user. I am playing singleplayer. Why are you like this?

Oh I usually sit up when I play. I have a Switch Stand to place my

And Aw shit maintenance

Attached: Splatoon2Main.png (937x270, 17.17K)

How do motion controls work is it based on the position of the switch at all? Sometimes when I hold the controller perfectly straight it still gives me a weird angle. Educate my stupid ass please. I never had a waggle console before my switch.

And thanks to said maintenance if you're on 4.1 it tells you that updating to 5.0 is now required
Well looks like no more online Splatoon for me until there's a way to get hax onto 4.1 and then pirating DLC because fuck paying for Octolings. Sucks too I just rolled perfect Run Speed Up on 18K Aviators and then got perfect Run Speed Up on my brown Moto Boots. I had the need for speed.

It's super-sensitive (with menu options to tweak it), and should be based on however the controller was oriented when gameplay started, or the last time you pressed the "Reset Camera" button (which you should be pressing several times per match).

I don't doubt switch emulation is right around the corner along with splatoon private servers, user. It at least LAN tunneling.

So pressing reset camera will also refocus the orientation of the controller based on where you're holding it when you press it?

Yep, it resets the 'zero co-ordinate' for how the console tracks the controller in 3D space: the waggle tech is accurate enough to tell the controller's orientation, (relative) position and movements at all times.

Is it worth it to use the speed up in id form if you are using chargers or splatlings? Does it benefit movement while charging?

Neat. What is with all of these ponies in my lobby?

If you're using the joy cons with the switch. The right joy con controls the camera and the right stick also. The left joy-con is just moving your inkling left and right etc.

Attached: 72e.gif (210x302, 1.96M)

It depends on the weapon. I stack Run Speed up because it allows you to be a bit faster when carrying the Rainmaker. The E-liters also have a run speed decrease when using them so it's helpful with sniping as well.

its usually not worth it. it does speed you up overall by a set percent but since the speed is so low when you are firing that its not worth it when stacking on slow moving weapons. only weapons stacking works real good with is the nozzlenose and the splashomatic cause they got a fast firing speed. stacking brings you closer to base runspeed.

the exception to the rule is rollers/brushes which dont benefit at all from runspeed+ while rolling/brushing.

personally i run a 1 main ink resistance + everything else run speed up for my shenanigans.

What abilities would you recommend with a splatling? I have been using the faster ink recharge, squid speed, and increased charge up for specials. Are the damage increases worth anything? I usually don't see many people using it.

Really makes you ink.

Is she okay? She looks like she is in distress.

On the bright side the porn will still be free if you know where to look.

Because she is woke user

She knows she will be removed.

How do I get new clothing? I see some cool outfits. Is it solely based on level or do the items rotate in?

Git gud

Okay

Attached: Blank _0b21b264d944b6d724ab86d20c4db020.jpg (601x562, 28.9K)

Basically hyeah it depends on what level you are
Level 20 is when u unlock all the good 3 star gear clothing But as you progress I think past level 11 you start getting 2 star gear

then agian u can sneak some orders off higher ranked players with Murch

The stuff I buy off march will have 3 slots? I already ordered some stuff from him but I have to wait.

That ordering off Murch you have a higher roll/RNG chance of rolling matching abilities than getting them from the stores Always grind to 1200 profreshional in Salmon Run

What does that do?

Anyone playing currently? Kinda tired of randoms

I'm currently playing the game online on 4.1.0. You may have to follow this guide to delete the downloaded update data and block updates, but it should work after that. It may not last, but you don't have to update yet.
switch.cfw.guide/guide/blocking-updates/

Are there emulators for the switch? I FUCKING need a PS2 emulator that would be the fucking dream.

Wonderful trips. Level has very little to do with skill in this game. It's merely a rough indicator of how long you've played. The game balances you based on how they perceive your skill level. It's generally not very accurate. You're probably better than most people starting out, though, as level 38 requires maybe 50 hours or so at least.

Attached: 4d741bfcce3c79e759ae3c97c0c39dec5137938583074001b3e147de547a84e2.jpg (680x495, 28.79K)

We have some new info about the upcoming changes Rank X will introduce.
They're all listed on Splatoon's official Tumblr, which is here: splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/171864197472/we-just-received-a-detailed-report-from-our-hq
But if you'd rather not read or visit here are the bullet points.

Attached: rank spread.png (533x236, 6.48K)

That's actually a really good spread. Only the top 1% of players should be remotely anywhere near the highest ranks.

For motion, you really have to sit in a position that gives your hands the proper range of motion, and forget about it if you aren't facing the screen directly. I sit on the edge of the couch with my legs spread and have the controller between my legs with my forearms wresting on my knees.

It's the meme of now. Every week or so, it's something new. I don't know how these things catch on or if people coordinate on a forum or something. A while back it was furries for like a month.

Homebrew is in its infancy, give it some time.

No dice, Splatoon requires the system update to work.

Would you eat an octarian?

Attached: DYN7ALCU8AEWhjt.jpg (1200x675 192.57 KB, 112.93K)

Such a lovely thread we're having toda..oops :3

Attached: HardDegenerate-581417-Octo_Expansion.jpg (937x888, 578.17K)

Disgustink. Do you have any handholding instead?

Attached: 1434835360443.png (457x510, 147.72K)

why is she so cute?

Attached: I got myself a loli girlfriend who is also of _463e878decef47f0d013a0b252204503.png (680x965 127.24 KB, 50.48K)

Because Octolings are superior

Attached: DXzidjhVAAE5G35.jpg large.jpg (800x1000, 52.81K)

TRUMP CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

Flow is the best tismfu in splatoon.

You can't change my mind.

They do not know how to woomy

Coverage isn't everything. There are plenty of roles to be filled to achieve victory. Also, weapon selection plays a big role in coverage. Lastly,

Attached: a7980aca759fbedff34bf3a3ccb881d213329086c7f6d22cc8d204e3b4ed4a3b.png.jpg (255x207, 10.57K)

As someone who has all his Hat Clothes, and shoes Special charge up and can singlehandedly spawn camp in rank S with ink storms
I can safely say, coverage is everything.

Attached: 2015-04-18_00001.jpg (1170x817, 226.57K)

She isn't. Actual Octos are cuter.

Attached: damayo octo 1.png (1280x1748 198.15 KB, 261.61K)

can you send a webm of you 1v4 winning an S rank match really want to see your strategy

With a bod like that why wouldn't she be cute?

I would give playable octolings a try if they had the regular hair. I was really disappointed when they came out with that flat-eyed, stretched face, small tentacled head.

They could have at least done the purple eyeliner, or matched the shape of the face. It looks like they just literally went into photoshop and stretched the faceof an inkling and called it good. Bullshit.

Attached: 1452266120584.jpg (1280x1810, 715.61K)

Can you use an american paypal to buy things on a japanese eshop account, or do you need japanese eshop codes?

Attached: 203192093.jpg (1000x756, 183.77K)

Throw sprinkler
Shoot Splatbrella
Throw cloud
Repeat until enemy team is locked in at spawn
Rest of team captures point/maker/clam/tower

AND they want you to spend $20 for it.

I don't think I like the idea of the Ranked rotation being "locked" for a month. I can already imagine my favorite map and mode coming in, but it gets stuck with Kelp Dome. I hate it when it happens now, but soon it'll last a fucking month.
I guess I'll just League more during the bad months, and Ranked more during good ones so I can wiggle my X-Ranked e-peen.
I do, however, like the monthly lists of best players per weapon. Getting to know the head honchos for each of my favorite weapons will be neat. Maybe I will be the head honcho

The overall rank spread is also a lot nicer than I thought, although S+ still feels too easy/inclusive in-game.

Attached: 2835b56754ca1bed91a3a5effca7b8f8.gif (1600x1000, 830.96K)

I guess Rank S is my limit so far.
Salmon Run on 300%-350%

The time comes near that i quit Squid Game because i can`t improve anymore.

Attached: tumblr_p5fw22KUX71uwwzzuo1_1280.jpg (588x582, 150.87K)

Nice can't wait for your vid

I heard you can charge your switch using a micro USB. HOW?

this is one of the reasons i hate dives,posts blueball versions to the public nobody wants,then the good shit is paywalled.

How else would he make money?
Sorry user, but we don't live in communist Russia.

Commissions, like many other artists? Paywalling other things, like wip animations, instead? I don't know why is so upset, though. It's not like the nsfw stay patreon exclusive forever. Non-patrons just have to wait a bit longer.

GET ON MUMBLE, SQUIGGERS! WE ARE 5 NOW!

Really? That's why you hate diives? Not the shitty animation, buchering of character designs, and shit style all around?

also

Attached: DYX-QnSVwAA9pAm (1).jpg (1200x675, 80.87K)

No way thats real.

It is. The next JPN splatfest is about Nike's models: Do you like the newer ones, or the popular ones?

Attached: Untitled.png (784x1079, 885.99K)

We democracy. Air Jordans now.

Don't splatfrsts have different shirts for the factions? It looks fake.

look at the shoes. this time, different shoes for the factions too.

Poorfags: cumming on a 15 Dollar Amiibo Inkling figure
Richfags: cumming on a 50 Dollar Figma Inkling figure

Attached: 349f21d3c828a131234b9ab7bf835955bdd147df.jpg (960x540, 37.45K)

Squid friends,

I apologize that I haven't been playing Splatoon or been on the Mumble all week. I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders all week, due what I imagine is autism. I hope I haven't killed any potential private matches as a result. I will return to being a kid now and a squid now in a short time.

Hugs and kisses,

Bonnie

PS, I hope I didn't fuck up the formatting on this

Attached: spermatoon.webm (720x1280 5.45 MB, 1.15M)

When is the next splatfest though? I never got to do one before. I just got the game. I am level 15. What is the one true turf war meta in this game? I want to be the tryhardest must win shitter in the world by next week when my friend wants to get together and play video games mext week.

This is almost as bad as not knowing how to get past sad panda.

Aerospray MG.
Max special up.
Spam curling bomb special.
You cunt.

A new Splatfest happens every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on your region.
They're usually region-exclusive, occasionally multi-region, and it goes global on very special occasions.
There's about one week's notice (letting you cast an early vote and use the clothing), but the event itself lasts for 24(ish) hours during the weekend; expect to play for 4 total hours to reach your first Splatfest King / Queen rank.

2 new shoes on splatnet shop.

Just because you can get past it with yiff doesn't excuse it

From 400 down to 300

Look on the Bright Side.
On the next shift i have a goal again getting back to 400.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-16 Splatoon 2 Map Schedules.png (765x358, 329.48K)

Geoffnet sounds like some kind of beach area ISP

I am really into the zapper 89. I dig the fire and forget nature of the tentamissle special. It's so satisfying to lockon to the whole teal and kill all of them. Happens a lot gore than I thought it would.

Just something random in mind.

I don't think picking a random octoling girl passed out with amnesia in the abandoned subway tunnel is a good idea for a girlfriend. This is a hentai plot that writes itself.

This is a hentai plot that writes itself.
A very good and vanilla one**

Attached: 6ff640f25f5360eb428127664bd6fcaee715584ad4d1854dbed49996bea26356.jpg (311x367, 15.38K)

You can suck my benis code monkey. I put those spoilers there and doubled checked before I posted

Attached: fatcontroller.jpg (600x480, 38.17K)

I'm still keeping it as a name for the hentai doujin.

Hōki sa reta chikatetsu no ton'neru de kioku sōshitsu to natta musakuina okutōbā no on'nanoko o erabu koto wa, gārufurendo no tame no yoi kangaeda to wa omoimasen.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p4btb1WVQj1speybs_250.png (166x251, 86.86K)

You can clip out of bounds on the grate in front of the Judds

You know what they say in Missouri

new thread when?

I wanna be a cboy owo

Page 13 or else the mods get angry

I having damage up worth it? I remember it was not that great in the first splatoon. I generally use umbrellas and brushes.

There's no damage up ability in Splatoon 2.

New thread coming soon

Had to run some errands, New thread still coming though

NEW THREAD

Attached: Octoling.jpg (1046x1280, 194.65K)