WipeOut

How do I force competitive WipeOut to become a thing at least on a local level? I live on Spain so here videogame tastes for most people are even more normalfaggish than in the US.

Attached: Jazz.jpg (854x640 36.45 KB, 62.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=cqUtsFUDyU8
hooktube.com/watch?v=Rugievb2mQo
hooktube.com/watch?v=qwneHRhBDcg
hooktube.com/watch?v=7zK5qig3f_U
wipeoutzone.com/news.php?id=173
archive.fo/KnbTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Accept death, spaniard

Attached: 4e9c9c15670a8a5dc342055bfcebabd6c07b28a269b7516c396280bcd1ec3fd2.jpg (525x750, 168.14K)

Get a bunch of faggots to play Wipeout with you
If you can't do that, remember that suicide is always an option. You'll be able to play all the competitive Wipeout you want in Heaven.

Poor Spain. He has to hold such huge faggot as OP.

OSTIA COÑO JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

People in Spain have money for video games?

t. Sudaca.

Attached: 04d41a30eaaa2f3dc04363ce0a687137020f39b21b60805c55d2d84fc7c86255.png (400x1200, 313.57K)

You mean this Wipeout right?

Attached: 8936_front.jpg (512x512, 50.04K)

What else would he talk about, the Kinect game?

They aint wrong.

I live under spain and i know just how tough it can be

I'm 100% American you smelly spaniard

Attached: 79bb29bf43e6ef6967800f98c7850a11f4a47ec018c7523c10190077412095b8.png (438x381, 156.98K)

Attached: smug pervert with glasses.jpg (686x584, 238.49K)

I never knew there was such thing as competitive wipeout.
I watched a youtube video, the new wipeout looks like slow, sloppy shit compared to wipeout 3 phantom league.

yeah it was a great show wasn't it
wait
this isn't videogames…?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x622, 1.58M)

OSTIA TIO CHAVAL, ONDA VITAL
MENUDA SUERTE

Attached: eating a pickle.png (500x352, 186K)

It absolutley IS video games.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (779x1024 2.86 MB, 209.63K)

wow!
so zany!
LOL

It looks like something from one of those faked box art threads.

Best music coming through

Nigger I'm talking about the racing videogame.

Excuse me?

Have you any idea how wrong you are?

This is the closest thing I can find to someone playing phantom league with in an icaras in wipeout 3 and not just busting themselves up against walls like a pleb. Maybe I'll go download it and try to do some laps.
The corners are just so much tighter and the tracks are brutally unforgiving. Those two videos, almost all of the corners seem to be very telegraphed and smoth.

And? That doesn't mean they're bad. All wipeout games are good in their own way except fusion, please don't discredit something just because it's newer.

I'm not discrediting it for being newer. I'm discrediting it for being easier. I also think they really overdid the graphical effects and that is discrediting it for being newer. One of the things I always loved about wipeout was that there was the road, your ship, other ships, and fucking mines. Scenery and effects were bare minimum so it was really easy to practice on the map and just focus on getting the corners perfect.

Aside, I had fun with ballisticng, but I got sick of them constantly changing the physics up.

I disagree. Newer wipeout games have tracks about as wide as the older ones.Older wipeouts were frustrating for the sole fact that bumping into a wall stopped you instantly, no matter how softly you touch the wall, and that killed the speed too much. The new ones got rid of that nonsense while keeping the difficulty. The only title that makes the tracks easier and wider was 2048.
Also the newer titles have an absurd amount of detail and care put into the environments, and by absurd I mean ABSURD. Most of it isn't even notice when you're playing because you're going so fast.

Why would you play a kiked ripoff cashing in on the franchise? Just play the originals.

I think I played very little of the first Wipeout, but I have given the music a listen and I'm digging it. Should I emulate all of them?

Emulate 2097 and 3 on ps1, maybe the first one if you want more, but it's aged.
Skip fusion.
Emulate Pure and Pulse on PSP.

Whats the point.One race and you have seen everything the game has to offer

You could probably get something set up with /radcorp/. That could at least set up a small community.

I was being serious.

Don't bump the wall you casual. What set hover racers apart from cart racers is that if you bump the wall you don't just get a slap on the wrist. You get spanked on the ass.
And I guess its up to preference, but I definitely liked the aesthetics of the PS1 wipeout better, that's part of why I liked ballisticng, it tried to keep the same aesthetic while improving the graphics, instead of just ditching the graphics and going for generic 2012+ racer aesthetics. Regardless of if you like it, in terms of raw gameplay the older titles were better with how they used graphics, since they were very out of the way and didn't interfere at all with the natural lay of the track.

I supported them when they were making a fully open source WipeOut clone that anyone could contribute too, but then they went full kike mode.

>said release only had 2,000 physical copies and never got an official digital copy, as far as I know all digital versions are bootlegs
All that fucking effort for a generic acid track that could have just as well been by anybody.
To this day I'm still puzzled by that choice of song. Not even most diehard Aphex Twin fans have heard of the release it was off, let alone any of the tracks. I wonder how they even heard the song in the first place.
I'd loved to have gone around at high speeds with Cock/Ver10 or Vordhosbn blaring but instead they chose that bullshit.

Attached: My disappointment is immeasurable.webm (640x360, 1.41M)

You just nullified your own argument. You claim newer Wipeout games are easier but you admitted to never having played them, let alone on Phantom speed.
I, on the other hand, have played all of them and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you're full of shit. All the games retain the well-known high difficulty the series is known for, only with different mechanics. Even the best players in the community make mistakes and bump into walls at higher speeds.

Attached: WipEout 2048 Zone (sound)

I found your post interesting but have nothing to contribute, so instead have a (You).

Man what a fucking terrible song. I had to delete it from my wipeout playlist because of how shit it is.

This is some nitronic rush tier shit. I'm sold. Is there actual racing though?

Yes there is.

Yes, and more.

hooktube.com/watch?v=cqUtsFUDyU8
hooktube.com/watch?v=Rugievb2mQo
hooktube.com/watch?v=qwneHRhBDcg
hooktube.com/watch?v=7zK5qig3f_U

Attached: WipEout 2048 (3).webm (800x450, 2.17M)

You are right, why play chess? After one game, you have seen everything the game has to offer.

Attached: pkmn b8.jpg (667x666, 41.06K)

Attached: delet this.gif (640x360, 4.66M)

Attached: WipEout_eras.png (1000x1500 482.87 KB, 295.21K)

How does the series compare to F-Zero? Never played Wipeout and I've honestly never seen a physical copy of any of it's installments in my life. Also how do the weapons work? Do you just run into them on the track and that's it? Never really liked the idea of weapons in a racing game, games like F-Zero and Burnout are great because your only weapon is your vehicle.

WipEout and F-Zero are two different beasts. You can't compare them directly. WipEout is a "bouncy" racer that's heavily based on physics while F-Zero is more of a "flat" sliding/drifting racer. Beware of people who start shitflinging competitions over which one is better.
The weapons in WipEout function just like in a kart racer; you fly your ship over lit up "X" pads on the track and get a random powerup to use, but you can disable weapon pickups in arcade mode if you wish. There's a fan-made explanation for the functionality of the weapon/boost pads that actually makes sense if you want to know.

You should add Omega Collection to that list.

Tracks are smaller and tighter, but you don't actually get to run as fast as in F-Zero. Weapons are picked from floor panels, like Mario Kart. In order to regenerate your ships' armor, you can "absorb" a weapon pressing circle instead of square. You can also hurt people by jamming into them, although it's not usually a viable strategy. Also, there are no floor types like in F-Zero (energy, rough terrain, ice, and fire (GX only). Instead, you have normal terrain and magnetic terrain. Magnetic terrain will "grab" you while regular won't. Instead of the boost technique that you have in F-Zero, you can barrel roll mid air in order to get a speed boost when you touch the floor. It costs armor. I forgot to say that you can also move to the sides by pressing twice the L or R buttons. No spin attack, and floatier feeling. Definitely a game worth checking out.

Attached: ghetto dva.jpg (500x691, 85.73K)

The only similarity is that your ship floats above the ground. The handling and feel of both games is insanely different and the track design reflects this. F-Zero has wider tracks to accommodate the 30 ships on the track while WipEout has fewer ships on the tracks, but the tracks themselves are generally more narrow and the corners tighter.

Weapon pads are like in any other kart racer. Fly over for a random weapon. In Fusion, you can also unlock a superweapon for your craft and in 2048, there are two pads. one for offensive items, the other for defensive items.
You also get speed pads too, which make you go faster, which is nice.

Some WipEout games give you pit lanes to restore your health while others, from Pulse onwards, allow you to absorb your weapon to replenish health.

I see. using weapons to restore your health sounds pretty neat. I'll see if I can find a copy of Fury HD then, seems like the most complete release and I don't have a PS4.

You can download it from the PS Store. Multiplayer servers are gonna shut down on the 29th of this month, though. If you want, you might be able to experience some of it before it's over.

If you have a PS4 you should get Omega Collection. It's pretty cheap for a current year game that isn't indieshit ($35) and gives you HD fury + 2048. Also online multi will soon shut down for HD on the PS3, so it's not a good investment. Get Omega for online play.

Attached: 3388f33b3e30c0745fe78b4907bd125d099851d1fe92f8ca0f2e078371f10a7d.jpg (255x191, 10.08K)

Actually tDR came back from the dead to make designs for Formula Fusion.
I head they're not liking it that much.

How does redout stack up though? I remember it releasing to a few threads and then nothing.

Redout plays more like F-Zero, but it's alright. Pretty cool looking tracks and ships.

Bump.

Attached: Glock users.jpg (500x437, 64.61K)

Anyone reached Mach 1 in Zone mode?

Naks Acid is alright, if a bit strange. Easily one of the weakest parts of Analord, though.

I'd love to see this in a later game.

You do have to give Wipeout Fusion one thing though, and it's that the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic.

Also, if you are a fan of Wipeout XL's artstyle check out Hardwar. It is a flight combat and trading game with work by Designers Republic.

Just so I'm getting this straight, Wipeout XL is an arcade mode with 6 racing tracks(2 for each difficulty) and 10 music tracks? Or does shit unlock later on?

Yes. It has 2 more tracks to unlock and one more secret after that.

How about we get back on topic and talk about how to make your IRL friends play WipeOut? I got lucky and found that Omega Collection was being sold for €20. Going to gift it to a friend.

Attached: 152100706598.jpg (698x524, 44.46K)

Bump.

Attached: 1520498624001.jpg (615x647, 82.91K)

If you got friends who don't give up playing a game after the first day, you can try. WipEout is a brutally difficult game to master though, hence why the MP servers for Omega are almost dead

Fuck me siedeways, really?

Attached: aa1eeb4902e6fe854d3e5a272e35fb16626a3dfe3de0dffb04e139c025baead5.png (613x619, 337.46K)

WipEout's always been a niche series but Omega's servers are still up. It also has split screen mode. The servers are mostly depopulated because casual normalfags got too intimidated by it's raw old-school merciless difficulty.

How do they expect to make tourneys then?

Attached: 4998f4780df7d0d085341d38ab96b661b91c23865401e259219ccc34c2bab05b.png (300x338 482.67 KB, 71.56K)

The guys at wipeoutzone host tourneys sometimes. You could take a look at that.

Wipeoutzone? Tell me more about that.

It's a Wipeout forum.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff…oh yes my dear….sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff….quite pungent indeed…is that….dare I say….sssssssnniff…eggs I smell?……sniff sniff….hmmm…yes…quite so my darling….sniff….quite pungent eggs yes very much so …..ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff….ah yes…and also….a hint of….sniff….cheese…..quite wet my dear….sniff…but of yes…this will do nicely….sniff…..please my dear….another if you please….nice a big now…. BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes…very good!….very sloppy and wet my dear….hmmmmm…is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?…hmmmm…..let me…..let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling…….hmmmmm….hmm..yes….that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear….ah yes….let me guess…curry for dinner?….oh quite right I am….aren't I?….ok….time for sniff…..sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff…..hmmm…hhhmmmmm I see…yes….yes indeed as well curry……hmmm….that fragrance is quite noticeable….yes…..onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?…..hmmmmm….yes quite….. BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Now that's an obscure pasta.

Really activates your almonds.
Source: wipeoutzone.com/news.php?id=173

Attached: isopodsss.jpg (800x450, 67.8K)

Yeah it does seem like it was a more UK favored franchise, being from Studio Liverpool and all. Explains why most online players are from Europe.

It's okay but I dislike it because it encourages wall grinding. Redout is all about entering corners in the exact angle to maintain speed and turbo timing.

You're going to have a hard time unless you have the appropriate spaces to leverage.
Remember, gathering in one physical place is hard, so you'd have more luck doing netplay/online play while you develop your community. Spain is fucking tiny, and Europe doesn't have much Spanish diaspora, so you should have solid ping and connectivity when online.
Using pertinent terms I only located one Spain-specific online resource in a whole ocean of news articles and shit from 2009 and 2013, which is
archive.fo/KnbTU
Uvejuegos forums and to a lesser extent Vandal forums seem to be receptive to Wipeout as a game and would be a possible resource to start organizing.

Why not just watch people play the games until you've seen it all then move to the next one?

Attached: 1276255878704.jpg (500x332, 24.75K)

I would like to know the origin of this picture.

Attached: 1518862714001.webm (288x360, 2.56M)

rusha

Thanks user.

Attached: 94306649bcd19faf4fc74216090de985d010f1c020b417d8021594cdb5236285.webm (180x320, 376.48K)

I'd be more concerned about your political parties actively trying to legalize child molesting.

Bump.

Attached: 1508775496001.png (764x659, 20.62K)

t. F-Zero cuck

Attached: yb69pxhhnad01.png (2518x1024, 250.25K)

Shameless bump.

Attached: 3b44ab40a92edd4264865069690c74c5af57438f1a13c6e7fc8b84c0053ecf68.jpg (540x674, 69.06K)

I will never stop being mad about

At least Omega plays just fine and looks pretty
Oh, and TDR are still alive, they're just smaller and update from their facebook page www.facebook.com/pg/thedesignersrepublic and a mailing list you can sign up to from there
They're flogging a lot of stuff right now, but most of it is unrelated to WipEout

Attached: Wip3out_poster_I.jpg (1202x766 1.59 MB, 189.81K)

The soundtrack ain't that bad. It's songs like "Let the beat control you" that suck ass.

I think I find it more disagreeable because everything is bright in Omega, which just makes me wish for the slightly more upbeat soundtracks of Pulse and Pure or even HD Fury
And I can't tell you why but it feels a lot more repetitive and samey than previous game's soundtracks
You're right that it's not that bad, but I really do expect absolute perfection in a WipEout soundtrack

Attached: 1496842757530.jpg (1000x1192, 312.02K)

Van Uber is unlockable in the game. The soundtrack is bad and Spotify capability is no replacement for the custom soundtrack you could use in HD/Fury though.

How do you even unlock it?

Nevermind I'm dumb. Since I got the digital version of Omega, I got the Van Uber addon with it automatically. However I only got the game about a month ago, so Van Uber is apparently just included for some reason, but not mentioned.

I heard it's one of the most tryhardish ships of the game alongside Icaras and Tigrón.

Attached: SpongeBob know's what's up.jpg (1199x465, 154.83K)

There's only two good songs in OmEga; Glow Worm and IC YR PAIN, which is a shame, but most music nowadays is fucked anyway.

Yeah Van Uber is the overall best ship in the game along with Icaras at the highest speed classes.

Bramp.

We all know that MMO's and RTS is full of chinks while the Fighting Game community is full of nogs, but what about the Racing Game community?

Attached: 5f2f0a4018f0e0a6937e677784a150e346e00593bf4ef6c68932aa673f587577.jpg (1486x1777, 294.85K)

it's a well known fact that asians can't drive.

neither can niggers

The worst part is that the artist has tons of songs that would fit the game's soundtrack a lot better.

Attached: Ziggomatic 17.webm (480x360, 9.51M)

If you think about it, the best drivers are usually European. Just look at Formula 1's most famous.
Is racing the White Man's sport?

Attached: meme warfare.gif (659x609, 836.11K)

>Thank you for your attention, bye.
Is this what listening to patrician music feels like?

Yes.

Attached: Binky.webm (640x360, 5.4M)

Songname?

Schottkey 7th Path

Bumb

Attached: 649d5e340578f25ec81b2d6de4a4089a[1].jpg (1500x1125, 87.11K)

Fuck this shit lads.

Now correct if I am wrong here, but I imagine that racing would require great reflexes. Reflexes have been found to tie directly to an individuals intelligence/IQ( I can't remember the source I'm sorry. Look up iq and reflexes research). So it's no wonder that whites dominate racing.

Makes sense.