Video game related neurosis

I have not yet finished Nioh, yet I love it. But this is not a Nioh thread in particular (we already have one and its what inspired this post). This is a thread about odd habits and rituals regarding video games.

I tend to have a weird hangup generally with not being able to complete stage based complex action games if given the option to replay levels. This is not an issue with all games but just those with an adequate skill ceiling to not feel satisfied with less than perfection combined the option to replay content. For example, I don't have this issue with Souls games on account that there is no option but to press onwards and that they are generally easy games. With Souls games, I often tend to find myself replaying early parts on consecutive playthrough and getting bored with the last third of the game. However, what I am talking about in particular is a certain category of game that doesn't include all challenging games and only is prevalent in a few titles that tick all the right boxes to trigger what I can only characterize as an obsessive-compulsive reaction.

I can't say with any clear certainly what causes it but broadly speaking if there is a component of perfection in the nuance systems and the option to replay earlier levels I will often find myself grinding early levels until I score a Pure Platinum/ SSStylish!!!/S rank etc. This tends to be more an issue with Hideki Kamiya style "spectacle fighter/Stylish action" games but is not limited to his games alone. Which brings me to the inspiration of this post, I fell into this same rut with Nio. What happens is that I spend hours on early levels replaying them until I feel like I perfected the combat mechanics but then feel burned out from planing that content. Being burned out it becomes more stressful to play new content so I take a break from the game. But after taking a break instead of jumping into the new content I replay early stages to acclimate myself to the systems after taking a break. Sometimes I make progress but often it just becomes me replaying the first half dozen or so mission over and over again ad nauseum and ad infinitum. I am tempted to make a thread about the topic but not sure if many anons can relate. While I may eventually finish a game, it often takes me 10 times the average playtime on account that it becomes an odd brand of procrastination.

Does anyone have a similar debatably obsessive compulsive hangup that prohibits them from finishing video games? I'm sure that I'm not alone with some sort of gaming related vice. Share your gaming vices. Does any of these behaviors cause an odd feeling of anxiety when you reflect on them? because this particular quark does cause me anxiety but its only satiated by replaying older levels that I'm more comfortable playing but that only fuels the compulsive cycle

If I knew how to talk about this without a long-winded diatribe I would
see title

Attached: nioh16_by_phamoz-db31umx.jpg (771x1037 146.67 KB, 99.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/46xghcr2j6r2zdm/Moon_Man_v1_3_2b.pk3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ops that was because I first intended to post this in the Nioh thread but thought ti actually deserved a new topic after writing it.

How about stopping masturbating, getting fit and finding a wife?

>>>/facebook/

Attached: big wizards.png (636x519, 209.92K)

I am a partial owner of a small business and am already relatively /fit/, still have a lot of work ahead if I want to meet my goal fitness but I do work out at least an hour ever day. I am trying to provoke a video game related discussion and that sometimes necessitates self-reflection and introspection. Also (you) don't fit in yet

Attached: 1514421968.gif (500x364, 308.2K)

Why are you even here?

Attached: what are you, gay.mp4 (472x360, 215.71K)

I'm working on this right now user. I agree, people here would be a lot more fufilled and well off if they got in shape. Unfortunately, you are probably going to get banned for posting that.

Attached: asking for it.jpg (700x1016, 187.18K)

Faggot, if that was the case the entirety of the GG and friday night threads would cease to exist.

user every journey begins with the first step and the first step in self-improvement is recognizing the problem than being able to take a moral inventory then afterward taking the meaningful action to change bad habits. How are you to ever improve is you hide your shame? How long have you avoided the confessional? don't you ever pray for Cake Golem will mortal soul?

yeah, I agree GG thread really should be purged. Its become a huge circlejerk of redditors who think they are in good company. But that is technically off topic and probably reserved for the bimonthly Japanese Garfield avatarfag thread.

will

When I play DMC games I like to get hammered and wear nothing but a leather jacket.

Pic related. I searched dante's battle bra for a pic to compliment this post and this popped up. He was sentenced to life without parole.

HAHHAHAHAHhhhHHHHahbannnnnnnggg *cries

Attached: article-0-12E70B97000005DC-166_306x423.jpg (306x423, 44.33K)

user please that shit was just Christian teaching repackaged.

I have just the game for (you). Do you like doom mods?
mediafire.com/file/46xghcr2j6r2zdm/Moon_Man_v1_3_2b.pk3

Attached: Moondoom.gif (420x396, 529.14K)

Fighting games, even just watching them, gets me unbearably horny. When I'm at home watching WNF or something, I'll find myself masturbating without even realizing it. Makes it hard to actually pay attention to the game itself. It's easier when I'm actually playing the game in public, like at locals or a tournament, but I'll typically finish my sets and then run to the washroom so I can spend ten minutes working off that sudden wave that hits me right after I'm done shaking the opponent's hand.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (321x633, 300.45K)

imagine your luck to be born a menial.

Attached: ClipboardImage.jpg (600x574, 147.58K)

Have you even considered the fact that you're giving yourself an indirect gay handjob?

Attached: sin.png (225x90, 7.23K)

I don't think sexuality abides by the transitive property.

I played Mahvel so I'd always make sure to wash my hands first at least.

How is it indirectly gay when they are fantasizing about Ryu?

Attached: 1435345665046.png (1000x1399, 899.64K)

Nah, I'm fantasizing about whackbot.

Attached: BREAKING.jpg (480x357, 32.38K)

user this is not a Nioh thread, but its a damn fun game and not being able to play it must drive you Cuhrayzee.

Attached: v recomends cuhrayzee.jpg (1400x5800 1.19 MB, 2.45M)

More like OCD and autism combined.

port is a mess, only thing helped me was installing W10 and game on it. fucking retarded.

OCD is a kind of neurosis.

I don't mean to shit on DMC, but I played through DMC3 and didn't like it at all, and yet I loved God Hand and Rising.
If I dropped these types of games after DMC3 I'd have never experienced those other games, so I guess what I'm saying is that anons should start wherever they want.

RIP In Peace

Same here, im getting automata flashbacks here but at least that game had the decency to only stop working after a few hours. I guess I could buy it on steam and refund it if I still have the same issues but

Attached: 8325658623586352832.gif (500x208, 2.91M)

works with no problem for me, are you running it on a potato?

When we getting the DMC HD collection on PC?

Soon
First one that was free with Twitch Prime is cracked right now if you wanna play it.

No, it crashes on startup.

Attached: 1466599438167.png (500x500, 6.41K)

nier only needed update rollback, that was okay compared to this.

One mission I had to launch three times each with a crash, repeat, until it not crashed, its really messy this game, still it barely runs for me and with weird shit as pic related

Attached: Untitled1.png (1196x579, 980.85K)

Nier Tomato only freezed once on my end. Still I can't recommend it without the FAR patch shit, I find it retarded that it does shit that could easily be patched in officially.

Isn't it kind of you not wanting to step out of the "comfort zone" early levels that are 'easy' to complete because they're introductory levels, have generally better setups to practice different mechanics that may or may not be difficult to master and an accumulated sense of safety and familiarity with those stages/levels?

Attached: Dante.png (573x933, 339.29K)

What? What happened to the guys making it?

I tend to replay the beginnings of games over and over but never really finish them unless I force myself to slog through to the end. In city building games I'll start from scratch over and over but never really build anything great because I get bored as soon as things are halfway decent. Same with RPGs and stuff, the best part for me is the beginning when your characters are trash and you're gathering basic gear, but I get bored by midgame when my characters are decently equipped and skilled.

>>>/wizardchan/

Apparently no communications sicne may of last year and they shifted to another project to funbd WSW.

Yeah, that's the last thing I heard from them as well. From his post I thought they had given up on the game. I'm sure they'll resurface eventually.

neurosis is just a general term for mild mental illness.

Oh nice. I just saw they released it on PS4.

Yes exactly. But I make progress, I just tend to replay-play every level up to the new level during each session. So for a hypothetical example, I might play stage 1-3 the first session. Then the next session I play 1-4 etc. It's just by the time I get to later stages and I'm playing through 12+ stages in one sitting I get burned out and end up procrastinating on actually finishing the games. I end up finishing them but maybe a year later. Where I imagine a "normal" gamer would just blast through every level until the game is finished and have the game done in a week. Cuhrayzee right.

The website say's the project is not dead but that was a year ago.

this

Attached: 8.png (600x400, 108.66K)

I get that feeling of having certain levels 'click' and just wanting to play only those, but not necessarily specifically ones from the start of a game. I barely have it at all nowadays, but back in the day there were some games I could play over and over again just for one or two specific levels or maps/stages.

What's stopping you on, say, your second run of the game from just getting on with it? Why stop after having progressed one or two stages from where you initially quit and not just continue? Is it that you find them more boring since there's not that same 'click' when playing those or is it something else?

Hello?

Don't answer that. A rhetorical question.

Is this the payne residence?