Whats your favorite save point in Vidya?

Besides bonfires

Bonfires, what?

archstones in demons souls tbh

Beds.

I like to get comfy.

Metroid Prime's

Bonfires act as checkpoints, not save points

I've always been a fan of a save option in the menu tbh fam

When you rest at a bonfire and then quit the game then re launch the game and load up your save file you are placed at said bonfire which acts as a savepoint you stupid nigger

Angel statues amidst a army of demons in a faraway land

when you alt+f4 you quit the game and then relaunch the game and it loads you are placed at the spot you quit, you stupid nigger

I like the Wrinkly Kong caves in DKC3. Relaxing music, constant reminder of your secrets progress with the banana birds, and a happy grandma there to make you smile.

It also made me really fucking hate DK64 putting her in as a spooky ghost.

That ghost scared the shit out of me when I was young.

I'm not really much into Resident Evil but those little rooms with typewriters were comfy.

Yeah, me too. Maybe that was their way of getting kids to buy a strategy guide to collect the mountain of junk in DK64. Make the hint giver scare kids too much to ask for help in game.

get out

I liked how all the savepoints were the telephones littered around the city in parasite eve.

RE2's save room theme felt comfy and ominous at the same time

Isn't that the faggot that runs HG101's avatar?

making head to head contact is heart warming.

How should I know? You tell me

I like hidden save points with comfy music. It's also nice when they heal you.

You'd know you fucking poser.

Sorry I'm not familiar with your interests

Save Parrots and Gimel Coins.

Have to say that seeing the machine either beam energy into the suit or weld damaged areas was certainly a neat effect.

I like it when they're plot points.

Resident Evil safe rooms have to be up there as comfy as fuck. They often have beds in them so your character can sleep when the game is off, you've got item chests so you can sort shit out, and it's basically a nice place with lovely music where you feel safe. And then RE3 happens and it's the most amazing thing ever.

I also really liked the cloning system used in EVE Online, simply because it worked perfectly as an in-game system and within the lore of the universe with no "game logic" applied. You create a back-up clone of yourself and if you die another one is created, but unless you make regular backups you lose whatever skill points you've gained in the meantime, and clones and the registering of clones costs money which makes sense in the super-capitalist world of space spreadsheets. They don't really function as save points though, save the fact you're in station when it happens, but I suppose stations could be considered "safe places" like in RE above.

It was just an okay game but in The Evil Within the save rooms could be located by following the music they give off, embed related. I found it a really interesting touch. You'd hear the song faintly and chase it down to save and do all your stuff in this shitty little hospital wing where this song just plays

Never noticed that. Maybe my headphones suck.

Maybe the evil is within you.

The game autosaves. Bonfires are checkpoints.

As a kid I spent a lot of time fucking around in the save rooms because I was too scared to go out. Listening to this song while reading the files made for such a perfect haunting atmosphere, with the last stands of everyone who died.

Fallout 3 before the main quest line and game ends point of no return. Small arms max stealth vats headshot every damn time

Metroid has cool save points, but not the shit tier aesthetics found in the GBA games.

When nature call your progress is saved.

does this count?

My nigga

Attached: Saving in Monster Hunter.gif (320x180, 1.72M)

Seconding the RE4 typewriter save rooms,especially ones near the trader with that meditation like music.

That's a thing in Ultra Despair Girls too but with a potty because the MC is a pathetic girl.

I've always loved Dino Crisis save rooms. I will never, ever, forget the tune that played in them.

I always thought that the worst would happen in there.
Could never be sure.

Attached: bear.gif (312x312, 72.11K)

Ever since I played GTA Vice City I've liked when you save at home, so even in games in which you can save wherever and whenever I strongly prefer to save at my character's house, camp, hotel room or whatever other place the character would realistically consider himself safe and free to relax.

There's something really comfy about ending a say, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines session by going to your haven, checking the mailbox, greeting Heather, logging in to see if I got any email, then standing by the bed, saving and quitting. I like to picture my character as feeling really tired and the time as right before sunrise.

Attached: photo5.jpg (817x817, 56.34K)

Attached: pump.png (621x449, 21.43K)

That's literally every Dragon Quest.

Anywhere. Forced save locations = faggotry.

my nigga

casual

forced autosave anywhere > specific save location > saving anywhere

Saving anywhere at will gives you too much control on what happens if you mess up.

very uncommon, pretty much an outlier. saving anywhere is absolute casual shit however. Either finish the challenge the devs wanted you to or quit like a bitch tbh

Suspend option is infinitely better than save anywhere. Save and quit anytime, but you can only reload it once.

I wish there was more games with handholding mechanic

I think games have enough handholding, buddy

these niggas get it

Attached: 273148-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-playstation-screenshot-rising.jpg (640x480, 72.5K)

Clearly the best save point is during a bossfight cutscene or cinematic that unknowingly bars you from accessing the previous level/area/world ever again

Play Shining Force, you cock.

Attached: 1.jpg (269x178, 19.09K)

I remember twice getting fucked by that in one of the Splinter Cell games where it autosaves and a split second later I die.

Your mom. Next.

Attached: 1443327283296.gif (227x255, 326.25K)

King's Field 1 has this. The very first one that has a fan translation.

Attached: King's_Field_logo.png (545x190, 112.01K)

He said empty.

Nah, try harder.

A church is never empty because the spirit of god is always there you colossal faggot

RE3's save room theme feels pretty much the same. Both are pretty fucking good, and I can't decide which is better.

Attached: Resident Evil 3 Save Room Theme.webm (480x360, 3.35M)

The gaamsavv. Smartass developers.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1366x768, 1023.59K)

Savior schnapps.

Fuck that game, its artificial prolongation of play time with everything from animation to gimmicky survival system and especially its shitty pretentious "hardcore" save system.

Wew, are these faggots just waiting on anything about that game to be posted?

If the game forces you to load when you die then it's retarded to have autosaves like that.
Then again, the biggest retardation is forcing you to load when you die instead of continuing the game with a penalty or something like that.

You can do that with any other kind of save.
Unless if you need to quit in an emergency, in that case the system mentioned here is much better designed.
The problem with saving anywhere, is that saving a game is usually used as a safe restoration point for when you die or fail and only occasionally for when you stop playing, or do you only save when you're quitting the game?

Im with the anons saying that menu saving is lame but quicksave is still needed in some games. For example, on my first run of the baldurs gate games I mashed F5 everytime I walked through a door

underrated post

Gut gud faggot.
No seriously, the game is fuck easy if you had a problem with the difficulty you're a complete screb end.

That's probably because other aspects of the game are badly designed and forced you to do it. Why exactly did you do that?

(checked)

I can solo the games pretty easily now and dont need to save very often anymore because I always know whats coming. :P

There is so much shit in that game that will instant murderrape you if you dont know it's there or if you arent prepared to deal with it. Im not saying I mind but repeating the same fights repeatedly instead of trying the same scenario again when you dont have too is lame.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.webm (640x640, 1.2M)

The point of the game isn't to save scum and repeat the same instance over and over until you get "the perfect ending" it's to learn to live with your consequences.

I've always liked that general theme.
Especially when the very last savepoint is the faint ray of hope in the darkest, most miserable area right before the final boss.

Im not talking about the choices you nigger and its not like a platformer where the challenge lies in multiple scenarios.

Then what? Because the combat is piss easy, buy a mace or warhammer and you're golden. It chews through plate armour like a hot knife through butter.

Came here to post exactly this.

KLACK-KLACK-KLACK-KLACK KACHUNK KLACK-KLACK-KLACK KACHUNK KLACK
DING

Attached: 1440838694297.jpg (680x516, 56.74K)

This was the shit right here.

Attached: MH3-house.jpg (800x451, 383.07K)

I really really like Alien: Isolation's take on saving.
Essentially, they use it as a horror device.
By default, you can't save manually, but instead have to find these "Emergency" kiosks (which give off a faint noise so you can find them). Once you find one, you have to insert a card into the kiosk and wait for three lights to go off, during which, the machine makes a little noise, and you can't move or look behind you. If you get killed before all three lights are off, the save doesn't go through, and you have to start from the last checkpoint.

Shut your mouth

Attached: 1472690278335.jpg (382x359, 80.38K)

As if the notion of a hot spring wasn't appealing enough, it had some very comfy music that made me just want to lay down and go to sleep.

The hot springs are nice, but these little fuckers are the save points.

Attached: tumblr_mx078dc6Ib1t2frpuo1_500.gif (500x333, 9.42K)

Is the revamped version of this game worth checking out?
From one side I finished the game already (back on PS2) and from the other I want to play it while chilling on a PS4, but I don't know how different it would be than simply emulating.

Speaking of MOTHER 3, I am really worried that it might get a lazy 3D remake like Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

Hi yahtzee

came in looking for this.

It's got the Zodiac licence boards, de-canned voices, autosaves, a fast-forward button, a Diablo-style overlay map, and mist now has its own meter instead of using MP.

savescum casual faggot kys now

Beds and toilets make the most sense tbh.

and campgrounds/bonfires

the ffvii save point was cool too

I like How SH series has different unique concept of save point each games.

Attached: Halo_on_the_mirror.jpg (640x480 999.22 KB, 209.3K)

my niggity nigga

I hope you don't think you're fitting in or anything.

I never realized just how much better looking SH3 is compared to SH2.

Attached: Capture.PNG (780x750, 3.71K)

Bonfires

ITT: casuals and/or RPGfags.

SoulBlazer if I remember correctly

That game was divine.

Attached: 89b02814a8e68db6a7527139df71d9e3e584df2b1d4ac9dcf6c54d0feae5ccf7.mp4 (320x180, 350.95K)

Nintendo doesn't even care enough about the game to localize it, what makes you think they'll care enough to remake it?

There's all this, but who the fuck actually saves and doesn't just burn through a game? Skies was a joy, XenoSaga was strange-making.

Yeah yeah we get it, so hardcore you can't possibly enjoy the theme and setting of a savepoint without actually saving or something, so manly, much hardcore good performance my frens

Too tired for this bullshit. I had to defend myself. I may have a big mouth but I don't start the fisticuffs.

Get a few less Kansas City faggots slinking around this board, board operator.

Also:
Get your shit together, every last one of you that can't see a game through. Yeah, we get it, this isn't your hobby.

I want to get comfy in a consistent game setting with almost everything just right, including saving your progress. There's nothing more jarring than saving your game via a clean chrome shiny menu when your character's in middle of a green lush field or even inside a dark hospital etc. It just doesn't work. A good save point should match the game setting, even if it might not be necessary.
Anons who don't save for some reason (being 'hardcore' or bullshit) are only needlessly risking their game progress from family business, power cut in your place, taking a break and other shit like that - do you really want to restart your game progress over and over again?

Attached: Phantasy Star II (USA, Europe) (Rev A) [En by Naflign v1.0]000.png (640x480, 13.59K)

What's wrong with Kansas City? I went there on business and everyone was really nice.

not like THAT

Kill yourself