How Does Holla Forums Feel About Curves?

So I have a decent surplus of money right now and I was thinking of upgrading my gaming space. After moving some things around and measuring spaces, I have the room for a 70 inch tv -though I'd rather not pay for one all at once. At Best Buy I saw a ton of curved televisions, and I thought while a bit gimmicky it is technically allowing me to cram in more viewing space, and the picture looked great, but I'm out of my depth with this stuff so I figured I'd ask here.

How are they for gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

projectimmersion.com/fov/
youtube.com/watch?v=-3aK0k2Is6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

curves only work in one specific spot, its a meme

I love curves. There's nothing better than a well-balanced hourglass shape, with large, full tits, wide hips, a round, sizeable butt, and a small waist with a smooth stomach.

Curved monitors make you see how flat the image truly is.

Example of a game it would make look worse? I've been doing some research, and the only downside I'm hearing is that you can't really look at it from an angle, but I mean that's true of a flat tv as well. It's not like you'd get much out of looking at one of those from the side.

STOP

You really want your vidya to look like on the sides it goes diagonal when you look at text and other information? Also its way worse for applications.

I got a curved monitor for Christmas. It's pretty nice, but the curve itself is only noticeable when you first start using it. After a few minutes, it just looks like a regular flat panel. Maybe if I had three of them and set them up side-by-side with multi-monitor support it'd be pretty sweet, but they're by and large just a showroom gimmick.

Seems like overkill to me

Curves are nice

I think curves are pretty great, OP.

It's a visual illusion that gives you the feeling that the screen is bigger than it already is. That's it. How do you feel about a screen that gives you a fake sense of biggerness? How a couple inches bigger make you feel about gaming?

Those tits could eat you. I mean my head is the size of one of those god damn.

Are you implying feminine men are ok?

It makes me feel like a big guy.

It's shit for gaming. Why are you asking about specifics if you aren't even in the right category?

Curves should only be convex.

Incorrect.

You are wrong.

And i can't argue with that sir.

Shitty gimmick for braindead consumer whores, just like widescreen was and still is.

That depends on what you buy.
I currently use 2560x1440 and there are plenty of ultras that are somethingx1440 so I wouldn't be losing anything.

Have you ever owned a 16:9 screen, invalid?

hasnt everyone? they're the most common displays around.

Fucking Christ are those full of fucking helium?

holy shit

they actually look pretty good for a room with no more than two couches
yes they're a meme, they're cheaper to manufacture and cost more

i'm still waiting for 1:1 to become vogue, but it won't because muh movies aspect ratio

You do realize our field of view is naturally wider than it is tall, right? Wide screen fits our vision.

Is that pic a hidden goatsee/fisting meme?

I dated one for a year. It kinda sucks. Their idea of sexual pleasure is like rubbing on each other, it gets bored as fuck fast. Fucking tits and ass crack is fun and all but sometimes you just want to stick it in.

i have two widescreen monitors in front of me at home and at work, they're shit.

i have never seen a good one, 5:4 monitors are the closest i've gotten but few games scale with them these days.

every hard ass christian i've dated just wants to get knocked up because they think you'll marry them. this results in a lot of sex and making sure you pack your own condoms.

Sounds hot.

Every girl is god's wife

Eyesight aspect ratio is roughly 5:3, so either we pioneer 5:3 or we make 16:10, which is practicaly the golden ratio and just short of 5:3, mainstream. 16:9 was made just to fit more shit on the movie screen and it needs to die.

4:3 is fine too

noice2d is still better

Binocular vision is actually closer to a square than anything. The more square-like an aspect ratio, the less eye and head movement is required.

Hey look it's the (You)'s picture again

You're just as bad as niggers and faggots, user.

Attached: 543534.jpg (800x2000, 228.64K)

Your meme can be simplified to this picture.

Attached: you think.PNG (614x594, 388.25K)

90% sure they're fake, but still pretty remarkable.

Fixed

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (614x595, 370.57K)

Is this goatse?

Holy shit, I don't even care if they're fake.

Attached: ba01532eea92332edc59b8c95e2abf8bd0eeca6252c4837894e725ddcf3e4498.jpg (640x684, 33.54K)

Attached: 67feb0d5cdc5e066f9fe57993018f0e7156bbc4f5fe60d3e66acd989e0b04b72.png (356x351, 223.83K)

Don't ever post this 3dpd shit again.

Attached: where.jpg (851x960, 66.09K)

Here is the thing.
Red 27 monitor at 20 range.
Blue 40 monitor at 20 range.

Screens are not even close to fully cover field of view. So until we reach 100'' monitors standing at you table (actually standing at the place you table was) thre is no much sense to shape monitors to the filed of view. Intstead its more sane to stretch FOV in most useful directions. For most 3D gaming it is to the sides as humans operate at the ground level and therefore most action of 3d games tend to be concentrated near planar surface of teh ground.

projectimmersion.com/fov/

Attached: ca5802e53895cc39a677a4b16c85faae7865712a015abd63be22485abec15f25.jpg (480x472, 104.21K)

Fixed your image

Attached: widescreen_is_a_scam_fixed.png (800x2000, 544.7K)

Attached: 64bc68b4d401907dd6f5e32742a3c65ea35b87b1d2026ad88d947fc82b4198ec.png (1280x720, 918.43K)

You’re a total fucking retard. Buy a flat television and stop appeasing the mentally defective whims of the ✡industry✡.

10/10

Attached: f450c3893bef4ffa41a4c038b495c262d89351a4ff1ad7f681437fdd68bfa753.jpg (750x899, 311.73K)

Attached: 1369431848890.jpg (324x319, 32.56K)

A kindred user, how about that.
I'm on the closest line possible to losing wizardhood initiation. "You were so close! See you in 4 years, loser."

Attached: hanging in there.jpg (675x900, 72.84K)

Here's a good video on it.
youtube.com/watch?v=-3aK0k2Is6Q

I don't see the point of them, I just use multiple monitors.

Nice one.

16:10 was the main aspect ratio for monitors before 'cinematic' 16:9 took over when manufacturers realised they could cut costs by adopting the same aspect ratio as tvs. It's massively superior for actual work for a whole variety of reasons.

Didn't see that mainstream at the end, still it'd be possible to do. Apparently most tablets are 16:10 and there are still monitors made with that aspect ratio for image editing I should know because I have one.

I think I'd prefer a HMD to a yuge display. If money and space were not an issue I may want one just to display art and other interests. Even at that point I'd prefer an exceptional viewing angle to curves. Seems to me more like some sort of futurewave thing that a practical piece of electronics.

And when I say HMD, I mean a quality one. Not something that's going to make my eyes feel drunk.

Curved tvs are the new 3d tvs. A fad, basically.

I have a curved LG OLED 4K TV. I thought I would dislike the curve, but it's subtle enough to not bother me. It cost a little more than the flat version, but the flat version was slower. Now there's a new one that's even faster and can do 120Hz at 1080p from a PC, but it's response time doesn't get any better in that 120hz 1080p mode. So, other than the overall faster response times than the previous model, it's kinda pointless. If I ever did upgrade to the newer one I'd want to get the larger 65" model since I'm on 55".

I have been considering a 3440x1440 ultrawide with a curve that does 120Hz. I currently have a flat 4K monitor, but it's a cheap korean VA panel and kinda sucks with ghosting issues. It would be easier to render that shorter/smaller 3440x1440 resolution at 120Hz than it is to render on the current 3840x2160 resolution. It'll be fine if I get a curved ultrawide since I do digital art on a second, separate, flat, pen display so the curve shouldn't interfere with content creation only content consumption.

Attached: Dell Alienware AW3418DW .jpg (3840x2160 149.45 KB, 1.73M)

Is the LG "smart" shit any good? It seems like they've put at least some effort into it.

I don't use any of the smart TV features. I have an Android TV box with KODI and a 3TB HDD for all my entertainment needs. The only thing I can say about the smart TV features is they're much faster than the ones on my previous Panasonic Plasma TV (ST60) which was slow as fuck to load anything. Worth mentioning is the LG C6 has a remote with an Air Mouse feature, you can point at the screen and move a cursor like a Wii remote, that does make navigating things much easier so if one were using the smart features they'd probably get a lot out of that.

Well shit, I don't know who to believe anymore.

disgusting

Kill yourself, nigger. We don't need yet another pointless change in video standards just so that the kikes can force people to replace their monitors for no fucking reason yet again. You disgust me, get out.

Attached: 5473.jpg (1920x1080, 116.7K)

You are extremely gullible and you make poor financial decisions.

Pretty much anything other than the cheapest clothes, food and shelter could be called a "poor financial decision" for simply being luxury items I look at specifications, videos, user reviews, etc. and get what I'd like. There is tangible value in the ability of those items over other products. If you can only see that they are expensive and not objectively better then that is due to your own lack of research.

I wanna call you a retard but your reasoning is actually sound and I can't pick it apart.
You do sound like a bitch when you type, though.

They get muh dick hard.

What's it like being a richfag user? Do you still fap or do you have expensive whores get you off every time you get a boner? How big is your house? Can you give us the home addresses of any big league kikes?

They aren't real, and I don't just mean shes had implants the whole chest is fake, the top she is wearing is the cover the seam where it meets her skin.

Save it for your kids.

What is a good 16:10 monitor for vidya?