Famitsu

Famitsu has a questionnaire up asking what dirty gaijin think of japanese games.

famitsu.com/news/201803/09153407.html

They ask about your three favorite Japanese games. And ask for about what foreigners think of Zelda BOTW, MHW, Nier:A, Nioh, and Persona 5 specially.

I'd answer but it'd mostly be smut games.

Let's tell them that and maybe the japs will make their games smuttier.

I love my nippon games to this day, but most of my favorites are way older titles. I'm not quite sure if putting them down in the survey is following the intent of it. I struggle to think of newer titles that would qualify.

MARIO XDDDDD

Hm…

it depends; which companies' games they're referring to

this is actually really hard

they ask you your favorites, if anything you should put them down so they know where to draw inspiration from at the very least.

They ask for any of your favorite Japanese games, and you opinion on some modern titles.

Yeah, hit 3 favorite Nip games and got the fuck out of there. I'd like to give my feedback, but that's too fucking broad for me to even fathom how to answer it.

I would assume something like a mini-review is what they're expecting, though maybe I'm assuming too much
Kinda lazy tbh but what can ya do

What a shame, I've been playing tons of JRPGs lately, but now that I look at my games, none of them are new.
The latest Japanese game I actually shelled out money for was The Last Remnant, followed by Dark Souls. I don't feel qualified to give them my data.

I suppose, but I'm thinking of 20 year old games here. There's a limit to how far you can stretch the interpretation of "recent." There comes a point where anything I'd say would become useless as feedback, for survey purposes.

I'm thinking this too. I'm making my top 3 somewhat recent titles Bloodborne, Dragon's Crown and Yakuza 0.
Trying to put in succinct terms what I like most about each of them; making those reasons different is the challenging bit but I got there.

Just imagine you're posting on Holla Forums and make a long rambling review.

Fuck, I'm really at a loss for deciding which nip games would actually be my favorite. I have some I love but I can't decide whether they'd be my favorites or not

just give it to 'em nerd. I haven't answered a single question about the new games, I would've offered some about tomato but I only put an hour into it before deciding that I'll hold off on playing it till later on down the line, maybe after finishing the original NIER
either way I'm putting shit that would count as old

user the favorite games don't mention anything about how recent they are, that's a different section, just say your favorites, tell 'em why you like 'em and fuck off; that's what I'm doing
they will at least know that a demographic exists that doesn't really care for all this new shit if nothing else.

Though I do like newer games, I wouldn't call them 'favorites.' Regardless, I've been convinced. Time to tell them all about why BoF3 is literally the greatest video game this world has ever seen.

Nothing in the survey lists the favorite Japanese games have to be recent, talk about your favorite Japanese of all time.

I'm a similar boat, albeit the games they're focusing on aren't ones I've played yet myself. Could readily tell them about older ones I've enjoyed (and try to express disappointment with the trend of mobile reboots for the ones that are dead at this point), but that's like half the questionaire that I can't answer and even with the clause to "only answer if you've played", I have to wonder if they're liable to accept feedback from people that at face value only seem to play older/possible dead stuff. Really should have had at least one "Other New Game" thing for those where none of the other current games are answerable, assuming they mostly want to keep the focus more towards thoughts on current industry/games (I'm guessing the parts for general favorites are more background/proof the submitter has actually played stuff for a while than the input really desired).

I'd kind of like to see Panzerfag spew forth a wall of his autism at them in similar fashion, if only out of curiosity as to how whoever has to read in Japan would react.

Just post it user. If they get a lot of responses like yours they'll at least have to take it into consideration. If nothing else you get to talk about your favorite games for a bit, I finished the survey and am about to fuck off from the thread now

Reminder for everyone not to forget to complain about localization and bad translations, censorship too.

Unfortunately there's nothing specifically demarcated towards complaints. I'd like it if it was, because my take on Persona 5 sounds a lot more glowing than I want it to be.

At best you just need to flip it around and praise certain games for having a good translation and not a bad one though it is true that you should be able to list complaints.
Is this a common thing for Japanese surveys? No complaint field? Is this more of their politeness in even their forms?

That's a good way to go. If we can get them to print some westerner praising Persona 5's more faithful translation and keeping the Japanese culture stuff in after all the usual suspects shit in games media shit on it, that'd really stick in their craw.

It's like says, this seems more tailored to say what you like than the other way around. The closest I did was stating I love the humor in Yakuza 0 because it's often irreverent and politically incorrect. But ya know, I'll add a complement to Y0 and P5 on those regards - no memes, no censorship, just faithful translation.
Not a complaint but I ended many with a little wish - respec in Bloodborne, more content for DC Pro, playable Sae and Hifumi in the inevitable P5 expansion etc.

Same. Almost want to shout "October's practically a fuckin' cutscene".

The odd bit is that I didn't play 4 of those titles but I found something nice to say about each and that I want to play MonHunW someday.

You know I just realized it specifically states
Does this mean if you leave any field blank it will be automatically rejected? But it then later states
If I haven't played all 6 are my opinions worthless? Or is this just awkward English formatting from an intern?

It seemed to accept mine when I left all the games that I haven't played blank. I think it's probably just that there are mandatory fields towards the top that they failed to label as such.

I think I'm fucked in both instances then. I didn't play all of them but I opined on all them anyway, in a short sentence like "I did not play this title but I like the youkai designs." for Nioh.
But hey, if they can at least read it and it's another "we just want faithful translations and no censorship" then it was worth the trouble.

The webpage will accept a completely blank survey submission so none of the fields are programmed to be required. It seems like they plan to possible use them as quotes in articles so I'm assuming they'll get approved or denied by human beings. It's really odd wording though, I assume it's fine not to talk about games you haven't played but I can't blame them for poor English.

Be sure to mention lolige and how much you love them because of the lolis.

I put an Atelier game as one of my favorites and listed that the cute characters were one of the reasons and that western video games don't have cute characters. That's more likely to make it in the mag than 'I'm a lolicon.", but sure they should be able to infer as much.

I didn't want to answer your dumb survey anyways!

Talk about a loaded survey.

Always copy shit that takes time to write to another text document in case it times out when you submit. I remember a number of /a/nons having to learn that lesson with animebytes applications, which was arguably made worse since they'd only open registration occasionally, so if it timed out and registration closed again during that, it was a fucking waiting game.

Happened to me too. Fortunately, clicking on the mouse to go back, everything I typed was still there and copied it to notepad just in case but when I confirmed again, it worked.
But yeah, I was pretty close to chimping out.

Oh no.

If those two had a baby it would take all the vaccines to make a baby half as autistic.

I put down Custom Robo: Battle Revolution and Sword Craft Story 3. I put the Nipponese titles in Nipponese for max clarity, though I wonder if that will get it thrown out (I did state I learned Nipponese for them).

I couldn't think of a third game to put as a favorite, so I put Mother 3 just because it seemed like the best pick for saying how I liked fan translations.

I want to cum in her gloves.

Just put the ones you want modern Jap devs to imitate the most.

I wrote almost a paragraph for each of my favourite games, so I hope they don't throw it out. I'm curious to see what the results will be. I bet there'll be a bunch of people putting mobage in their favourites.

But I haven't played any of those 5 titles.

Don't worry about it. Also, as someone who's worked for these kinds of survey analytics, the ones who write the most are the ones who get read the most.

Good point. Either way, I'm interested in seeing what games the majority of people put down.
For once, my autism might've worked in my favour, then.

Roast sent

If I've never played any of the 6 recent games, does it hamper my chances of being read?

Gave my honest answer. Though the only popular game I've played here was Nioh. I don't really care about those other games.
Yeah I realize they actually self censor at times but maybe they might think people appreciate the lack of censorship if many bring it up.

the japanese are an honorable, wise and driven people. this is exactly what would happen

The fact it says gender at all means it's shit. Gender doesn't exist, only sex.

Sent my autistic screeches to the Japs. Good exercise to get my brain working even if they decide to not look at it.

I get they assume westerners don't know about nip games. But they should have asked which newer nip game have you recently liked and played instead of list only the mainstream games.

I'm not writing an essay for some survey, fuck them.

Sending mixed messages user.

Same boat. I listed my three favourites along with why I liked them, then looked over the rest and just gave up because I've only played one of them.
I can definitely recommend Nioh if you're interested. Combat is great, the weapons are all incredibly satisfying, and it doesn't look half bad either. Just turn music down to 0 unless you want to listen to the same 3 songs over and over again.

More like Nioh less like (((Neptunia))) please

Yeah I know which is why I added that last part in my post. Reading those sections in the game with the censored CG was bizarre as the text and voices didn't match what was happening. There was no reason to censor them.

Almost put that down myself but remembered more things that I didn't like about the game compared to the stuff I loved. I would have to replay it again to remember why I loved it so much. So I put down Dragon's Dogma despite all its flaws.

Isn't there a second remake of the first game at this point?

It still shows that you don't care that much about censorship if you actually buy censored games.

I figured out it was censored after I got it digitally. Looks like the game didn't even do well enough for them to even bring over the second game. So I just imported it.

I'm thinking it's probably going to be a PS4 port with some tweaks and additions now that the Vita is just about dead. I like the nep games but I'm probably going to pass on that one. You can only play through the non-canon original game so many fucking times.

More like XCX 2 too, Nep is ok man is its own thing and has its audience, more lolis can't possibly be bad

This. Neptune games are niche even in Japan and they're made by a small developer. People need to stop acting like the existence of a game they dislike somehow cancels out the potential creation of game they would like. It's like the same mentality as retarded toonamifags in anime communities that think Kyoani anime somehow robs them of getting more trash like Sword Art Online.

That is why I went with the top 3 most influential games instead of favorites as there are too many to count. Went with EDF, Splatterhouse, and Gradius. I would not be able to enjoy video games right now if not for them.

Help.

Attached: 8e1f78c0052493dc952e362433c0582f-imagejpeg.jpg (700x525, 30K)

You'll have to underline the particularly non-western aspects as being some of your favorite things about the game like having a loli love interest.

Attached: mercedes2.png (1800x2545, 3.63M)

Kill yourselves. There are containment threads for you cunts for a reason.

Fuck off, shill

Attached: 88a99f0b4ee1ae95ab198d1e631f6403.png (947x1441, 1.39M)

DMC, GGXX and Super Metroid. Couldn't fill out anything else either because I haven't played any of those titles.
Made sure to ask for more cute babes in Jap games though.

they've been the only ones making good games these past few years

I haven't played any of those games aside from RE7 for like ten minutes.

Attached: 322245bb9f30d41b5c6c2db9ed482ac41568034f7d15f8d5458c9cf568f91822.png (378x307, 190.1K)

The hardest part was picking three. So many good games I could have named that I like just as much.

I put in katamari damacy, crazy taxi and star ocean 3 because I forgot ape escape 3 existed

at the very least they might take that as a cue to make more campy sci-fi adventure rpgs with active battle systems

I ended up putting in Gravity Rush 2, F-zero GX, and the JP version of ace combat 3 as my choices. Along with an explanation for the last on specifically. At the time of writing those were the three that I could properly describe my opinion on.
I kinda wish I waited a bit to put sub in we love katamari, or gitaroo man now though.

It will be a remake on mobile instead.

Questionnaire should have let us name more than three, really.

Am I the only one who did play any of the "popular" games, besides Nioh?

btw what were you favorite games?

hayarigami, machi, kings field iii

So when is the next edition that will post the results and will they translate it all into nip so we can't read it?

They asked for favorites, you put your favorites man.
I've chosen Super Metroid, Front Mission: Gun Hazard and Phantasy Star Online.
It's not like any of this will have any impact anyway, they will probably just put this in the magazine or site so the japs can laugh at the gaijins being weebs or something.

I put in TTYD, Panel de Pon, and Lost Levels. They're not my absolute favorites, but they are probably the most important to me as a gamer and I didn't want to be redundant by putting both TTYD and PM64 on there.

This

I listed a PS1 title, a title on the Vita/PS4 and a PSP title

Love me some Gundam games

I put in Ogre Battle, Secret of Mana and Super Mario Bros 3. I dunno if they will care about my answer, though, since I haven't played any of the games they do ask about.

I did Demon's Souls, Jet Set Radio Future and Metal Gear Solid 2 as my favourites. I'm not sure they actually are my favourites insofar as being games that I've dumped hundreds of hours into, but they're the ones that I find most interesting.

Attached: 1436388494733-0.jpg (511x509, 61.93K)

How can you have such terrible taste?

wwwwwwwwww

A lot of what was said in the game is quite prescient. It's good science fiction in a way the video games usually don't tend to be.

Deadly Premonition is my favorite jap game but that feedback doesn't matter because Swery65 will die before he makes another game.

Attached: wondering_future.png (400x560, 63.23K)

these 2 cases happen too frequently for me to take anyone bitching about censorship seriously

I chose my top three and then it asked about 6 recent popular games I have not ever played or even wanted to play (except BOTW, but I don't intend on getting a Wii U or Switch). I only just noticed I play games from 10+ years ago and very rarely anything newer than that so I just closed the form

Attached: 54657854.gif (479x255, 2.88M)

Nothing wrong with that.

Any censorship is bad you cuck.