Did Grand Theft Auto IV aged better than V?

I am currently replaying it now and while I used to hate this game when I first played, having played V now I can't help but think GTA IV is better than V in some aspects, like story and characters being way more compelling. Driving is still fickle, but I have gotten the hang of it (I still hate doing chase missions). Missions are also more memorable. I really couldn't for the lift of me remember any mission from GTA V that really stuck out. Does anyone else fee like IV aged better than V?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0tBYZqIeOs8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're both pure shit

Grand Theft Auto is like Zelda in that every time a new one comes out the old ones that everyone hated are immediately praised while the new one is shat upon. When GTAVI comes out everyone will go on about how great GTAV was while the new one is shit. Remember that everyone fucking hated GTAIV but as soon as V came out retards like CrowbCat made videos comparing the two and stating GTAIV was better, even though being better than GTAV isn't a huge feat.

Wait till you get to the last mission

I actually like it more now than when I first played through it back in like 2010.

Did Grand Theft Auto Vice City aged better than IV?

I am currently replaying it now and while I used to hate this game when I first played, having played IV now I can't help but think GTA Vice City is better than IV in some aspects, like story and characters being way more compelling. Driving is still fickle, but I have gotten the hang of it (I still hate doing chase missions). Missions are also more memorable. I really couldn't for the lift of me remember any mission from GTA IV that really stuck out. Does anyone else fee like Vice City aged better than IV?

It did and it didn't, it's a matter of preference. Regardless GTA6 is gonna be a huge shit show. Especially with online in V being a huge success because normalfags can't control themselves. I just hope THQ gets someone passionate about these type of sandbox games to reboot Saints Row and basically replace GTA as king of the Sandbox shooter. Hell Saints Row 2 would be the best if the combat mechanics weren't so outdated.

GTAIV had the most fun driving of any GTA game.

3D GTA was a mistake

It was always 3D

Man, do you have developmental disabilities or something?

saints row 2 didn't have outdated combat mechanics, it had shit combat mechanics

Did Metal Gear Solid aged better than 2?

I am currently replaying it now and while I used to hate this game when I first played, having played 2 now I can't help but think Metal Gear Solid is better than 2 in some aspects, like the story and characters being way more compelling. Stealth is still fickle, but I have gotten the hang of it (I still hate no alert runs). Boss fights are also more memorable. I really couldn't for the lift of me remember any boss from 2 that really stuck out. Does anyone else fee like Metal Gear Solid aged better than Metal Gear Solid?

Not gonna happen. It's pretty obvious that they have no idea what they are doing. SR got in some parts better, but in others worse. The team has clearly no idea what makes sr a good game. There is no chance in hell we will get a good SR game with their current team.

For some games to get good again they would have to take steps back. Valve has to remove skins and microtransactions for example, THQ has to step back on the "humor", whoever works on Borderlands has to remove the memes and sjw bullshit… These are all things they will not do. Because devs have this "never go back" mentality, even when they make mistakes they just keep on going.

That's because each title is progressively worse, making the previous one relatively good

Nice, I thought I was the only one here who knew about him. That guy's the fucking best holy shit

Only the cars and people were sprites, retard.

what you did is for crosslinking you dip

The radio stations were better, but the game was a broken mess which i dropped 2 weeks after i bought it.

All my favorite Youtubers have millions of views too, but I bet you guys don't know a single one of them

Weapon variety was better and there were some sweet graphical and weather effects. That was kind of it. I like IV’s campaign better. It captured the feeling of moving up the criminal ladder until you could get what you wanted. Police behaved more realistically. Explosions looked way better and didn’t have that weird ROCK YOUR SCREEN effect. The music when you got a lap dance in the strip club was better, though it’s nice to be able to fuck the strippers in V. A dedicated jazz station. Again, I have to stress the garbage taste in music V has.

All garbage.

still works, doesn't it?

No, the driving in GTA 4 is a steaming pile of hot garbage and completely ruins the game.

welcome newfriend. crowbcat is frequently posted here. try to lurk more before making comments like that.

its much more realistic. what bothered you? the fact that every car doesnt control like a ferrari like in gtav?

I thought any E- celeb shit is illegal. Stop shilling youe e celebs here.

is this second-level bait?

I literally can't remember anything from GTA IV. It's an unmemorable game.

I will never understand this argument? Did you play the game with KB+M like a retard?

Spoiler that shit you horny weeb faggot.

Gta 4 was more of a game than that "cinematic experience" bullshit 5 tried to be. You could beat and stab the ever loving fuck out people because they don't all die in 1 hit, and they seem more meaty when they get hit.

Your steering wheel isn't supposed to do shit when you're upside down or mid air.

learn2brake and handbrake you mouthbreathing faggot

I liked V better cuz first person view and better weapons, but IV had waaaay more effort put into it.

No
Despite what Rockstar wants you to think, weapon variety in V is non-existent. Sure you have a bazillion of guns in GTA V, but they all shoot the same, deal around the same damage (compared to its category ofc), and as accurate as the bog-standard pistol. The 'customization' itself is also a joke since you could only add a supressor, a grip, a scope or an extended mag. That's a whopping 4 Attachments to choose from and you'll add everything anyway. Sure, you could argue that those shiny weapons they added in Online are good, but they're still lacking in character compared to GTA IV's weapons
In IV, you only have have a dozen or so weapons, but they all felt good to shoot at and the TECHNOLOGY made the guns felt like they have a punch to them (reminder that the ragdoll was toned down in GTA V, and pretty much made them limp ragdoll that fall over like wet tissue). Not only that, they also have distinct weapons in GTA IV, guns like the M249 or the P-90 all have their quirks and uses, but also have their own firing sound.
Still, they all pale in comparison compared to San Andreas's weapon department

Both the ragdolls and car damage physics got toned down because V's online couldn't handle them properly.

They should have just cut the online out and sold it as a separate game. That shit is cancer.

Exactly, every npc you shoot in 5 dies in 1 hit from literally everything, in 4 they stumble around, crawl, and actually look injured. They can take some abuse and fighting is more fun than just tap circle once to win

You can shoot up a strip club if you fire the gun from outside the club first.

I hate V, but this is just plain false. They die in one headshot, but they take several bodyshots before they go down.

do you think reading the rulebook and enforcing your rules makes you sound like an oldfag without having to lurk for a long time? because that behavior is pure newfaggotry, especially when you dont understand the rule, but pretend anyway.

TIL that cars getting up on 2 wheels or even flipping over from a 20 MPH turn is considered more realistic by some people that apparently have never existed in this universe and as such have never had to deal with how physics actually behave in this world.

Third-level bait actually. Unless ba8681 is really that much of a colossal newfag.

Where can i find more of that?

a buick making a 90 degree turn at 30-40mph is dizzying and can easily cause you to lose control of the car.

20mph in gta4 will never flip the vehicle.
30mph 90 degree turns are dangerous in most vehicles.
40-50mph can easily flip most non-sports vehicles.

It's a good game with the best city design to date (Los Santos was underwhelming) and great physics - half of my fun in IV was going to ledge with people around and pushing them off it (physics are simplified in V and peds die from being breathed on).
It's just a shame the fanbase is absolutely batshit insane.

I may have exaggerated a tad, but I should have said 1-2 shots on an ordinary civilian npc is all it takes, police and gang niggers seem to be able to take more.

GTA IV will never be as good as GTA V. GTA games will ALWAYS suffer from "GTA Fatigue" though

Did any of you understand any of Jacob's dialogue whatsoever?
I'm meant to believe that some Serb fresh off the boat is understanding this rasta nigger perfectly while I am struggling to make sense of his weedbabbling?

No food places in GTA V or gym

I've replayed every GTA game since III at least 5-6 times, however I played V once and never have had the feeling to replay it again.

V is boring and an empty sandbox with nothing to do in it. The fact that so many normies flocked to this piece of shit game and worshiped it should be a sign to stay away.

It's the worst of the 3D GTA games by far.

Speaking of signs to stay away

Normies detected. I think you need to fuck off back to cuckchan.

IV is far more compelling as a crime story. Better atmosphere, mechanics, characters, sub-plots, themes activities. Only bad thing is that Nico's movement is pretty shit.
Protip for IV: Get a first-person driving mod and and slow the time clock so you can do most of your activities at night like a real gangster. Also hitman mod for some extra side activity.

V is a fucking circus of shit. The missions/heists are fun the first time around but the game is designed for multiplayer, while the single player adventure is meaningless Family Guy tier splatter.

You mean her.

In GTA IV they changed the stairs so that you can no longer drive up them like a ramp. Do stairs still function in this terrible way in 5?

website was called most offensive or something like that.

he's our leader

IV was a let down in most ways but had some interesting tech, V was just a lazy nostalgiafag cash-in so it doesn't even have that.

The problem with IV's driving is that every car feels almost identical, I actually prefer the underlying mechanics to the earlier games' driving but it's not a game where I could pick a favourite car. Bikes, on the other hand, were fucking great in IV and particularly TLaD.

shut the fuck up Holla Forums police, go apply to be a janitor so you can do it for cakeboi

You're not fitting in.

THQ isn't Volition, I want them to replace Volition with someone who's actually passionate about these games

So like Late Night Comedy?

DISGUSTING

You only have yourself to blame

disregard this post, i suck cocks

I'll give you the rest, but the rock station in IV was trash.

I didn't know that neofags considered themselves funny, must be hilarious seeing them trying to make jokes without offending someone

Even as a slav I find reading your English to be painful at best.
Figures.

the irony

The absolute state of this nigger

The lack of self-awareness is astounding. Lurk more faggot.

It was clear to me after getting about a quarter of the way through the main story (which is short as fuck) that IV is better than V. All around. I wish they'd kept all the same physics and gameplay elements for its release.

Attached: rusrsly.png (119x90, 28.7K)

Attached: a fish.jpg (827x1223, 370.48K)

pirate it

Was online multiplayer in GTA2 any good? Don't think people used it much.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x480, 569.54K)

Why?

No
No
No
I've tried replaying gta iv and it felt horribly clunky

you mean the retarded bumper cars?

They are both SHIT

GTA V is chock full of no fun allowed scripts.

Take that reddit speak right back to where you got it from.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tBYZqIeOs8
There need to be more Grand Theft Auto games set in the 1980s.

√√
got a good torrent link

This meme of IV being anything but trash needs to die

It'd be fine if the phone menu didn't close every time someone shot you.

R* have already said they'll never make another GTA set anytime but present day and anywhere but the USA. Frankly I'd rather see more games like Bully that work on the same basis but go for a smaller world with more care put into it.

I bet you also have favourite twitch streamers, reddit posters and patreon creators

WHAT?

Neither game aged. You can run a checksum on an unpatched executable of GTA IV downloaded on release and an unpateched executable of GTA IV downloaded today and the results would be the same, unless there's a bit rot issue with your HDD, which is on you. Same with GTA V.

Damn. A gta game set in Italy during the 60s/70s would have been fantastic imho.

Attached: 69e3100d0f787f2a40123f299139d724339eb2f59ce81f5195a106c71abe7d40.jpg (771x1198, 162.65K)

what makes you think that THQ cares?

I would also like to see Rockstar actually make Stealy Wheely Automobiley

Attached: 1449942003375.png (500x500, 274.2K)

Your autism is crippling, user.

You. I like the cut of your jib.

Except Skyward Sword is just fucking terrible. At least TP had some decent dungeons.

I mean some Youtubers are neat, like Jerma.

Wait, what the fuck? Do you have any source for that claim? Because that sounds like the stupidest decision they could ever make.The reason why so many people look back on Vice City so fondly is precisely because it's a pastiche of new wave-infused crime fiction from the '80s. The sequels had similarly strongly-defined setting, with the crack epidemic-era hood in San Andreas and the gritty post-9/11 New York in IV.

Attached: 1520784047542.jpg (703x675, 53.29K)

It was in an interview somewhere, they also said they'll never do another biker focussed game. I'll go dig it up later if I can be arsed.

yeah, whatever that guy is talking about was never the case. All these games have flaws and are discussed perfectly fine until some retard stumbles over himself to mumble about "muh zelda cycle" like it in any way represents reality. People who believe in cycles of this sort are the dumbest fuckers alive.

I like IV better than San Andreas honestly. There was a shit ton to do in San Andreas, but if you're trying to complete missions it feels like a chore. The world layout sucked too. It took forever to get from place to place, Carl Johnson is a busta ass nigga too. Easily the worst GTA protagonist

Grand Theft Auto: Damascus

IV is the most immersive GTA. I could lose myself in that shit forever. Older GTAs were comfy video games with lots of cool shit to do, IV was a world that a loved living in. V took away a lot of the depth, and while it was still a fun place to inhabit I didn't spend nearly as much time there or get as blissfully lost as I did with IV.

Isn't that any any mission in GTA games in general? I mean a mission is a chore.

No, nigga, you the busta

Attached: Franklin_Clinton_portrait_Enchanced_version.png (524x612 217.82 KB, 57.56K)

Pile of shit being better than diarrhea doesn't mean both are good, while the statement is still applicable.

I unironically think GTAV is better than VI. I did not even play V but VI's world is so fucking hollow and lifeless and devoid of anything to do that it's a major step back for the franchise on every front except graphics and maybe main story (which lies at a contradiction in the world it exists)

GTA V is that times a million.

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__7754191ddf19020c13497d3de9a3740d.jpg (462x554, 145.49K)

Fucking retard.

Fuck you nigger, CJ actually busted his ass doing work for his good for nothing big bro, all the while being surrounded by idiots and crack addicts wanting to take advantage of him. Not to mention of him being a black guy with all the stereotypes mounted on top of him, but still managed to come off as likeable, hell maybe even fun to be as.

Attached: CJ in PJs.jpg (720x602, 40.03K)

No.

GTA IV's only good thing was looking good for the time and that's it. The game is boring, characters are cringy and I honestly couldn't even tell you what was happening in the game even though I had finished it. It's shit. It's not like V is much better.

So because you're too dense to remember the story it's bad? Okay.

It's simple; Niko Bellic, a former soldier in some eastern European army, came to Liberty City to find the man that is responsible for causing some atrocity that he suffered through to happen. All his time and effort is spent in pursuit of this goal. However, because the game is padded to all hell, and because whoever directed this shit wanted to make movies instead of video games, Niko spends a large portion of time working for various Liberty City crime organizations.

You start out working for cousin Roman, who is trying his best to earn a living by running his taxi service. Roman isn't good with money, and he likes to gamble, so you soon find out that he owes money to some loan sharks. Niko basically says, "quit being everybody's bitch" and ends up killing the loan sharks. This makes their paymasters angry, and the two of them are kidnapped. Niko is forced to work with the Russian mobsters in order to pay Roman's debts. Eventually, it is revealed that one of the Russian mobsters, Dimitri Raskolov, is working with one of Niko's former associates from the army, a man named Bulgarin. According to Dimitri, Niko owes Bulgarin a lot of money, and from that point on the Russians make it clear that they're out for blood. They destroy Roman's office and home, and Niko and Roman are forced to flee from one part of the city to another in order to lay low.

While in this new part of town, Niko is introduced to Roman's girlfriend's friends. Through Mallorie he meets Elizabeta Torres, Playboy X, Manny Escuela, and Patrick McCreary. Niko does various jobs for these people - drug deals, bodyguard work, etc - and ultimately gets blackmailed by his girlfriend, who is revealed to be an agent for some unnamed agency that operates under the name U.L. Paper. Through contract work for both U.L. Paper and the McCreary family, Niko gets introduced to Ray Boccino, who is a notable Italian mobster, who then introduces him to other prominent Italian gangsters, such as James Peggorino and Ray Bell.

Niko does contract work for the Italian mob in order to get information on the whereabouts of his former war comrades, because he believes that one of them "sold out" the company they were all operating under, which lead to the slaughter of an entire village that was filled with innocents. Ultimately, Niko's contacts get him in touch with both Darko and Florian, the two people who Niko suspected were responsible for the aforementioned.

Eventually, Niko must decide if he will help James Peggorino move up in the crime world by taking a contract that is issued by Dimitri Rascolov, the man who wants him dead. The game's ending depends on what you decide to do. You take the deal, Roman gets shot, but Niko's current girlfriend Kate lives. You refuse the deal, the opposite occurs. In the end, Niko gets his revenge, but at the cost of his loved ones. The whole game is basically trying to say, "learn to let go of your grudges, or you may end up losing far more in the process of pursuing revenge"

conquers BFD was such a great game. I remember I paid $64 dollars for it when it came out.

Attached: conker_kys.mp4 (1280x720, 2.82M)

this is an argument on par with "go back to cod if you don't like my game"

being this new… holy shit go back to where you came from and kill everyone there and then yourself

I remember muh ludo-narrative diso-buzzword was all the rage back then amongst reviewers. Ironically, GTAIV does one of the better jobs at maintaining tone. Far better than most newer AAA titles, which is why you never hear the term LND anymore.

Fuck you.
I can't even get through V single player at all it's fucking hollow and lifeless. I can only play online but that was only because I used to have friends that we would dick around and fuck over people. I'm glad I was gifted this awful fucking game and wasn't forced to buy it.

Attached: 16ca68e9bd002f14ea42af8b3e18d38185dd25e6a89c59b215ddb82e8a60958f.jpg (2480x3508, 716.08K)

I guess all of DSPs criticism of games are totally legitimate. We should take retards who can't remember what they fucking played and have them tell us how good the story in a game is. Jesus Christ you're a pozzed up nigger-fucking faggot.

GTA IV did not age well.

The one thing that IV did really well is the melee fighting/brawling mechanics.

IS NO ONE going to acknowledge we have a fucking time traveller in the thread?

Attached: 1380380684_1379187042050.jpg (520x678, 68.84K)

It's called generational succession: it's not 'everyone' who swaps opinion, but youngsters succeeding the old faggots.

Shh, you'll scare him away.

I can't believe any time travelers until he / she / xe can guess when i'll get repeating digits correctly

In terms of story and characters

In terms of Game play mechanics

Overall Vice city and San Andreas was the best so far.

Oh wow, color me surprised. Mods ruining discussion again.

It will be hard to ever top Vice City because that setting/timeperiod/characters are GTA in its platonic form.

I hear they're returning to VC for VI, but if it's not set in the 80's, it'll have that LARPy feel.

GTA SA Los Santos is one of the greatest video game maps of all time.

*Has

The only good GTA games were the first and the second ones tbh.

Attached: 410923062.jpg (640x360, 53.65K)

V's story was a lot closer to what devs think of modernistic "cool" ala Watch Dogs 2 than people would usually bother to notice.
That said I have played V more than IV after the story for the simple reason there was more travelling out of the city to do and like travelling around.

It was a steaming pile of shit.
How they could downgrade the game from San Andreas in all aspect but the phone thing and level design is beyond me.

Weapons are shit and fire all the same. There's no leveling up.
Car have no individual characteristics and all drive like bathtubs.
Story is a bunch of generic bullshit with the shittiest ending ever.
Humor that made the series great is toned down way too much.
No cartoon graphic anymore. Instead muh gritty realism.
Literally nothing to do in the world.

I didn't even bother playing V.

Attached: 2079557-tumblr_l4v4tph3e01qzhy30o1_500.jpg (500x375, 36.03K)

2 is definitely the one in the series that really needs a direct sequel or remake. A lot could be done with that base and just adding things to it.
Chinatown Wars didn't get it, and suffered from being on poor hardware.

they did away with a lot of stuff because it was there as fluff, nobody sane was going to keep enjoying getting or not getting fat mechanics

Flawless.

Attached: gta sa.jpg (323x433, 43.71K)

4 > SA > VC > 5 > London > 1 > 2 > 3
This is objective fact because fuck you.

Attached: gta1.jpg (800x600, 93.26K)

Are you havin' a giggle mate? Removing crouch for a shitty cover system is the biggest mechanics fuckup in the series history.

Attached: gooby trick.jpg (600x578, 45.16K)

Jesus fuck I want these niggers gone.

Attached: disgusted pepe.jpg (306x306, 16.44K)

GTA is a rather shit ride, to be honest.
Basically the same game. Doesn't really do much interesting other than having a massive map to cause mayhem in, 2 devolves into a shitfest of a padded content as well. Expacs not counted since they're literal reskins. 7/10 just because it's a fun romp while it lasts.
Goes 3D, does so relatively well, was influential but just like many "influential" music bands - didn't age well. Driving is jank, general shooting is jank, lots of bugs. 7/10 just because of pure jank factor.
Rides along entirely on its aesthetic and a simple fun story, even though meme gradient can get irksome. Fixes some of the 3's jank, especially in regards to overall car handling(less glued to the ground cars, minor aftertouch available, etc). Easy 8.5/10
Tough one since mechanically it's the most competent of 3's engine iteration GTA games, but is strangled by it trying to force the content down your throat and just general overexpansion. Schools, main story missions that really don't make sense in context of events happening and should've been side activities, etc. You could realistically keep the entire game's main story in LS and rural region and introduce everything else as an optional branch. However, it's all actually good content for the most part and coupled with mechanical improvement makes for one hell of a good game. 9/10
PSP spin-offs. Based mostly on what SA rolled out mechanically, but confined to PSP. Both are decent games and deserve a strong 8/10
Modernized 2 but without 2's bullshit padding and barebones nothing of a story. 7/10
Despite looking like absolute rat's ass on consoles and simultaneously having one of the worst PC ports ever conceived, it's probably the one that stands out Oblivion-style. Disliked by older fans for trying to be more grounded instead of a satirical memefest, disliked by shitter kids for not being "haha saints row" that V tries to be.
Caveat is, mechanically it's a massive improvement over everything that 3's iteration had going on. Storyline doesn't suffer from SA's overexpansion and is actually written well without trying to be satirical or memey on purpose. Introduces fun but simple multiplayer as well. EFLC builds an overarching plot for some reason, but w/e, it's decent. 9/10, cry about it.
First downgrade in the series, somehow. Overall mechanics are simplified across the board, story is a bland unmemorable mess and entire game seems to be trying to be saints row(or payday 2 now that i think of it) instead of GTA. Stupidly enough, it has same overexpansion syndrome as SA despite having less actual content. It's still mechanically competent, so it's not a straight up bad game. Just a downgraded one. 7/10
Haha.
Fuck you.
I don't want to bother typing out all the problems with it.
4/10 in its current state, go fuck yourself.

No 4 did not age better than 5. You’re just being overly nostalgic and have shit tastes in story telling. You probably think it has a better story because of how gritty abd boring it is compared to gta 5. In my opinion all gtas but 5 are shit and I know this because I didnt play the gtas when they first released and 5 was my first one so I’m not wearing nostalgia glasses.

the gunplay is iv is basically objectively better due to use of euphorics and hard hitting weapon sounds

as a matter of fact, iv is the only gta with good gunplay at all, anything before that is garbage and v has weapons that reduce damage but increase acuracy which means you either go for headshots only or nothing happens, unlike iv in which you can go for headshots or hit them in other regions to see very good results regardless of the location, even including wounded states unlike iv where npcs will lie down when hurt maybe 15% of the time and just sit still. story in v is complete shit including all characters being poorly written except for michael who isn't anything special, but i'm not a fan of iv's either

How's the future like, user? Did we ever get another F-Zero?

Attached: You're_going_to_burn_alright.JPG (142x176, 12.77K)

LC and VC stories also came out for PS2

this guy was right when he talked about shitter kids.

To be honest V could only have Michael as the playable character and nothing of value would be lost.

the tv channels in 4 were way better. this is indisputable

Fuck you man, atleast it ended at a high note. I don't want anymore old IPs getting dug up and gets REBOOTED.com .

Chinatown Wars could've been a new spin-off genre unto itself if Rockstar would just fucking get off their asses and do shit. I mean shit, its pretty much the only 'current-gen' GTA that actually has the feel of the old GTA (e.g Rampages) while adding new little shit that's fun (e.g Drug dealing, Scratch cards). I finished it twice actually, too bad the story was a fucking let-down, since i liked presentation of the narration style.

Not really, i think V got that covered too but yeah its fucking great that they actually had the idea of animating shows for their own tv show. Out of all the cartoons, i think Impotent Rage and Princess Robot Bubblegum held the spot

Chinatown Wars was the GTA that I enjoyed the most out of the entire franchise. The car chases were actually fun for starters.

One area where WD has an edge is that it makes the people/city-streets/npcs feel more alive. Part of it is just cheating with the ID system, but also with more restaurants/coffeshops/interiors and ambience in general.

Trevor is also pretty great, Flanklin is the only one really redundant since his missions could easily be adapted for either Michael or Trevor.

Quality post user, the only thing I disagree with is
I played the first game over comms cable LAN and consider 4 to be the best of the series. The original game was going to be a racing game until last minute changes so the series has always aimed for realistic driving and 4 is the first game to really nail that inb4 kids that have never driven a '70s / '80s car hard claim they didn't get it right.

Attached: lots of roll 4.jpg (400x286 245.3 KB, 35.19K)

This is some top-tier bait.

Attached: 162e4f7138729eb06af118670313c8915d6c915c9befed3259a6ec26107b6868.png (1065x736, 767.85K)

The port is still complete ass and you need to mod it to hell and back to make it look halfway decent. The driving is shit, and I don't care if you like it or if you got good at it, it isn't fun. The gunplay is shit, with a cover system that barely works and health sponge enemies that force you to headshot literally every single enemy in the game or pump an entire clip into their chest, then they lay on the ground and don't die despite having been turned into fifteen different kind of swiss cheese.

In pretty much every way, GTA V is an improvement. But it fucks up royally with the open world, with most of it being empty countryside with nothing going on, GTA IV's Liberty City is a fucking joy to wander around in and that makes it almost better by default.

Attached: fuckyou.jpg (255x252, 19.47K)

Yes it is.

No, it isn't. It's still complete fucking garbage and only retards think it is because they enjoy feeling smug about learning the proper way to play with shit.

But you're wrong

Attached: 2dceb031502b3355c6e79b351df313115476b40c336e68be99e822e5b13f8051.jpg (901x1107, 111.67K)

Git. Gud.

Whatever. Fag.
How's that book you've never released coming along?

that doesnt exist numnutz, post 9-11 NYC is the same as today,Yuppie disneyland, GTA4's vision of New york is basically 90s pre-reform era NYC

Attached: c1e2fbe1be60782aac652cfbb1609d5f2cbdafc9b0c91ac891c41f09a5b20364.png (500x440, 87.54K)

Oh fuck, I almost forgot
sage for doublepost

GTA IVs version of New York is basically what it is in the late winter every year (around February). Cold, nobody on Spring/Summer break yet so no young tourists (Coney Island is also closed). And lots of people from Jersey, Canada, and Yuropoors on business

Where da fuck did this guy wander in from

Learn what an ad populum fallacy actually is. I was presenting a case that the typical binned talking points of people who claim GTA IV is better is trivial as fuck

at least gta iv was about crime and gangs

5 was about 3 characters i care nothing about doing random missions for random people.

Who cares? It has Helicopters, planes suck shit.
Who cares? The only time you get to see it is in the sub which can't do shit.

Except in GTA IV it isn't. Liberty City in IV is roughly the same size as Los Santos in V.
The build of bullet/euphoria in IV was broken as fuck dude, remember the Swing Set of Death?

i think you mean for the feds, which is even worse

problem, new driver?

Attached: this can and does happen irl.webm (680x384, 4.73M)

I'll always remember a story a fireman once told me about the aftermath of a motorcycle accident, some 17 year old kid was going about 110MPH when he hit the side of a tractor, the guy was brand new to the fire crew so he had to go around and pick up the bits of the body from the nearby woods, he found the kids head like 100m away from the crash site, took hours to find all the parts.

what a bunch of fucking cunts

Attached: absolutely disgusting bill murray.jpg (435x326, 50.45K)

The Houser Brothers have dual Brit/American citizenship. I still don't understand why people still think GTA V is a British game when most of it was developed at Rockstar San Diego. GTA is a social commentary on American life. Hell, it almost creeps into propaganda in V because they made getting into the stock market such a big part of the game

rockstar san diego is god tier, the fact that they're designated to working on the rage engine is not only wasted potential but enraging

Rockstar San Diegos predecessor developed the R.A.G.E engine. They used to be Angel Studios, Inc. who developed the Angel Game Engine (A.G.E)
It's a damn impressive game engine, there are probably other game engines that are bigger examples of wasted potential though, like the FOX Engine

Woah dude, 10/10 best game evar
You're a fucking faggot.

GTA was never good but GTA V was definitely better than IV, then again, steaming pile of dogshit is better than GTA IV. Stay mad nigger

Attached: not_human.png (625x773, 73.68K)

You have to go back

Attached: 962b4e0980f04185dd18514a63ad4c8299467b99d53244eb0f454f707c7fb531.png (489x256, 100.63K)

are you five years old

quit being a dumb nigger.

Agreed. I havent played 5 but at least 5 isnt the sequel to a great game, so it cant be as bad as 4 - which was a shocking disappointment.

I had to drop 4 about 5 hours in because I kept waiting for it to get good. The missions are shit, the open world is shit, the nagging of the player is miserable, and the game is just so remarkably unfun in every way. Nothing about the game is enjoyable any way. I even saw someone give it the spec ops argument of "it's supposed to be bad…that's why its good!" but nah, it's just a pure shit, 100% unfun game. Haven't touched 5 because of how bad 4 was but at least RDR was decent. Different studios, however.

i finished 4 twice and honestly it just isn't good. the gunplay is fucking awesome but everything, and i mean everything else is just boring, grimdark, tryhard garbage
-car handling: either you fucking love the initial D sliding around everywhere feeling or you hate it
-characters: everyone except brucie is a tragic character who loses in the end
-story: "I'M THE ONE WHO SURVIVED! I SURVIVED AGAIN! BUT FOR WHAT PURPOSE!"
-lost and damned was pretty fun i guess
-everything is grey
it just tried too hard to eject the gta wackiness in exchange for muh real tragic story and i fucking hated it

Attached: 8f46a5b3a070c83f7541d7a8bcf11b964cc2be9490d471865aa8c1d0398a818e.gif (300x226, 4.9M)

You're fucking retarded.

If simulating turbulence means having the aircraft wobbling about for absolutely no fucking reason in zero winds then yes, you could say it simulates turbulence. Get back to me when you've actually flown a real aircraft or at least played a flight simulator.
GTA V has the most garbage flight "simulation" of any game.

I played GTA III, VC and SA and I recently tried as hard as I can to enjoy IV but holy crap the driving is terrible. Like you're doing it on ice.
I only got GTA IV so that when I'm done w/ the story, I can do Carmageddon(it's only fun in IV)

It ain't no game breaking bug or anything. In fact it's fun.

I've always thought that that was the original intention considering that Michael was the only character to speak in the second trailer. Trevor and especially Franklin felt like afterthoughts although, that said, I didn't find Michael a particularly likeable or memorable character either.

actually, according to unused code they had been toying around with the idea since san andreas

I love how if the driving is arcade-style bullshit that gives you far too much control it's "terrible". God forbid you actually slow down as you take a fucking turn, lord knows no one has to do that in real life when going at high speeds.

Oh, my mistake then. Surprises me because of how half-baked they felt, though.

But it was whacky and zany and what about Trevor. How craazzzy was he man. Brilliant.

What a fucking shame too, since RDR was fucking great

Unironically try the tablet port.

isn't the tablet port horrible?

Attached: 33bb80adaa1f32252b5027c60754f5d080ae6aa534f24d91b94696fe629db6ae.jpg (816x404, 122.04K)

the list goes on..a bunch of stuff was removed or added to please casual gamers which is sad…

it's just cycleniggers pretending to be smart.

I think a more appropriate one would be broken physics.

They should make a GTASA from the ps2 and mod it so that has LC and VC maps, I hate all the new releases they are pure garbage.

As a matter of fact I have flown a Cessna 172 as part of a flight school program. No, I never experienced any kind of turbulence, but you aren't expected to in such a slow aircraft over level terrain on a clear day at those altitudes. Worst turbulence I have ever felt was in a 737 flying from Denver to LA past a couple storm systems.

Regardless, the point was that GTA V has more attention to detail than GTA IV has. I wasn't comparing GTA V to a serious flight sim. I was comparing it to GTA IV. You fucking autist. Unironically consider suicide

Attached: 1520038326105.jpg (555x475, 97.69K)

except for shit like sedans having the turning radius of a large yacht

He covered your faggot comment niggerlord.

thanks! but he clearly chose a better word
toned down seems more appropriate

jesus christ…

Attached: nope.jpg (480x480, 22.33K)

Except everyone liked GTA: San Andreas when it came out. The only real criticisms were that the whole "gangsta" thing didn't appeal to everyone and that the radio stations were shit compared to Vice City (I actually preferred the talkshow channel over everything else because it was pretty amusing). To this day most people still agree that San Andreas is the best of all GTA games.

Probably just not a native speaker.

He's just mad about his shit taste m8.