Crash trilogy PC

So with the trilogy coming out for PC is there any hope that the game will actually be 60FPS this time and not the random 30 cap that the PS4 got?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. Unless they tied game logic to framerate like a bunch of spergs.

It depends. Some PC ports advertise 60 fps as a new feature, some don't bother. Who's doing the port?

Thing is I wouldn't know if they did since the original trailers were 60 FPS but then the game came out at 30.

just play the original

If it's 60fps, that would be the only selling point to play crash trilogy at all even with the gay pill collision box and hopefully a mod to bring back og music.

Originals are 30 though.

I don't understand why are crashes feet are pills, this only leads to oh fuck I just missed it moments.

I'm just glad it's coming to Xbox.

Do you own an Xbone?

What are the chance they will release a classic styled sequel with modern graphics since the remake sold well? It would be easy to make for them as well and people will buy it anyway.

predictably, the game becomes OK to discuss once it hits PC.

unity defaults, and its not his feet its just one large pill for his body.

low I imagine, but I'm not sure if these guys have any competent level design staff on hand.

Now are we talking real PC port here or just another shitty DRM-locked Steam port masquerading as a PC game?

Is the collection actually good or have they fucked up it somehow?

It's completely fucked and it's masked by people saying Crash was always hard git gud.

Crash slips off of things that he shouldn't, basically all the issues come from his hitbox being an oval and some of the surfaces that were previously flat (namely turtles backs) are just an absolute asspain to navigate.

The devs themselves admit it's fucked which begs the question why they did it in the first place.

It still runs at 30fps on consoles. That's pretty fucked up.

I'd give you fair odds on that.

assuming how they stuck with unity defaults for collision detection, however unity handles framerate will likely be how the game works.

You can just emulate the original on PC.

There's so much salt over this release on Nintendo and PC

Wait, what?

I'm expecting it having something ruining it. This IS Activision we're talking about. The kind of cucks that neglect their ports and charge full price for games 10 years old when it comes to PC. Expect Denuvo or the port being outsourced to some super shitty russian dev who have never coded a thing in their life. I hope the Switch port is at least okay

It'll be 30fps, undoubtedly. Resolution is debatable, but it'll be 30fps.

Don't think anyone expected otherwise.

You can tell who are the newfags in vidya

Where? I need a few laughs.

It's moreso because Sony fags shilled it as one of the best exclusives on the PS4 for a while, and once again, the exclusive list is down to just Bloodborne.

NeoGAF probably, Crash is mostly remembered as a Playstation series so a lot of newfags don't remember other games in the series being released outside of Playstation as well.

where? The very week it came out here people were saying the same shit being said in this thread. Are you also browsing cuckchan or something?

Its because people fell for the PS4 meme. The Sony shills were using it as a reason why PS4 was the best but now it has one game again. And only because its pretty much holding it hostage

There simply one reason to ever want to play this collection and that's the time trials for Crash 1 and 2. Otherwise just emulate the originals. They've got better music, better visuals, better gameplay.

Even better

I though it was dead

Cuckchan.
Someone made a thread here about how cuckchan was salty about this and linked to a thread. I don't have the link and the thread obviously got deleted.

Nevermind, it's here.

Sony hasn't completely moved away from the exclusivity meme yet, but it has made steps. I just wish the rabid sonyggers would cut their bullshit in turn, but brand loyalty is a hell of a drug.
t. idort

the exclusivity model ultimately makes better games on average. I think sony's handling of it could be better.

Heh. I have played bloodborne and am in fact replaying it these days to complete my blades of mercy playthrough. I fail to see what advantage it has gained from being on its own dedicated machine. It's not more development time dedicated to creating content, that's for certain. The game feels small and incomplete, especially if you only count the initial release without the Old Hunters.
Has the PS4 provided better fur physics? Superior chromatic aberration technology? I guess it can boast those gyro-activated emotes that sometimes activate while I'm playing. So, overall, Bloodborne's strengths come mainly from its core gameplay and design ideas, and that could have been done on any platform.
Although, having a dualshock 4 enables me to play Peach Beach Splash PC without having to wait for the 360 controller bug patch, so I won't complain.

because it literally would have never existed otherwise.

It's shit
Emulate the originals

Yeah, just like all of the other non overrated as shit good From games don't exist like Chromehounds, Shadow Tower, AC and Otogi don't exist, right fellow Sony fan?

exists thanks to microsoft.
exists thanks to sony.
exists thanks to sony
exists thanks to sega fulfilling a contract with microsoft.

how do you think games are made? The meme that "oh dudes in a garage made it and struck gold hurr durr look at doom!" is a meme. Even id software was doing work for someone that was funding them. Do you not know this absolute basic of how game production works? Are you a communist or something?

I can make a better one: Consoles existing vs not existing.
Not existing means all games get released on PC and all the budget goes into that platform, meaning we get great games all in one place.

what the fuck is this shit? It's a multiplatform game and Ubisoft is a big publisher.

yes, a platform with no one to fund the games, so everything is a cheap indie game and no progress ever gets made. All tied together in a nice denuvo fueled bundle with miners making entry level graphics cost $400.
How do you think this industry works?

anyone could have funded it, but Sony did it, Microsoft didn't, Nintendo didn't, and no publishers did it. Sony also co-developed it. Probably helps that From and sony have relationships going back to the playstation which helped put from software on the map in the first place.

you are retarded.

The only one that fits your role is AC.
Every single other one was the choice of a third party company of From themselves.
Damn, you sound pretty mad, guess I hit a nerve.
Are you going to compare Apogee/Softdisks size to Nintendo next?

please use archive.is/articles/2017-07-18-dev-confirms-crash-bandicoot-is-harder-you-arent-imagining-it

they all fit the publisher funding/exclusive model that the game industry has been using since the 80s.
what?
same principle. pay company to make a product they pitch.

False premise
Fanboyism is sure showing.
Gotta love it when retards start a hypothetical but then apply things that only apply to the current state of affairs where consoles exist.
With only one platform to release games on, companies will pump money into that one platform. How do you think the industry works?

I emulate them already on my vita, was just interested in what if the PC version actually improved the frame rate to justify trying it.

I prefer to work in the framework of reality, rather than autistic hypotheticals that will never exist. Keeps things productive.

Clearly not since you're implying a hypothetical here. When you're stating the benefits of exclusives, you're stating the benefits of consoles. Consoles wouldn't exist without exclusives as they'd have no reason to exist otherwise.
What you're then implying is that companies wouldn't put money into making games if PC was the only platform, which is utterly insane. How do you fucking think the industry works? Do you think nobody would fill the market niche only because consoles don't exist?
Please go be retarded somewhere else.

do you need to have the definition of "prefer" spelled out for you?
they probably would, although the market would be less appealing for everyone if no one was stepping up to say "hey if you have an idea we like, we'll pay for it to sell our platform."
they would, but not the way you think they would. What happens now? A few genres that are essentially exclusive to the platform get this sort of support, like Sega and their total war franchise.
it wouldn't be a clean transition from the current model, and there would be a lot of disasters with hardware becoming outdated much quicker, requiring faster upgrades, and the upgrades would not be cheap like they are now in the grand scheme of things.

I cast a curse of denuvo on this game!
Ensuring low sales and no chance for twinsanity's remake on PC

Except all the third party companies out there, Valve being one of them?
Yeah, because third parties only fund games and indie games are objectively bad
I'd rather have a easily circumvented software that has been proven to not increase sales than a whole Rights Management box that's proven to increase sales thanks to countless mouthbreathers.
It has happened before and it's stricktly temporary, especially if you're not a mustard shitter who needs the most recent hardware to play games instead of setting u settings.
But I guess I'm discussing with an OCD ridden faggot that likely buys consoles at launch and pre orders games.

So what?
You argued about companies like Sony making games exclusive using that model for exclusivity.
Not the model itself
You're just moving goalposts
I'm 3e9b18 posting from another physical location IRL
Plenty of good non exclusive titles are created like that.
Again, you're moving goalposts

Then keep doing it
The game itself is broken and I'm expecting a garbage 30 FPS port with Denuvo from Activision.

You can't seriously be this retarded. They'd sell cheaper prebuilt PCs. Why would companies bother to spend money on research and development to manufacture specialized hardware just to make the same things that are available to PC? Go read a book, nigger.
Even nowadays, PC games offer the option to reduce the graphical settings to accommodate weaker hardware. As it stands nowadays, PC fills the market niche for games that are too graphically ambitious for consoles (or at least it did back in the Crysis days). Without consoles, things would be a lot more streamlined and games would be more compatible with weaker hardware so you don't need to stay up to date all the time. You know, like consoles do, with console generations.
We agreed that games would still exist without consoles, right? That means we don't need exclusives. That's the end of it.

That's an absurd statement. Was Sony the one who came up with the idea of Bloodborne and gave it to FromSoft? Was FromSoft unable to fund and develop the game by themselves and absolutely needed Sony's deal?
No, Bloodborne could have existed outside of an exclusivity deal and you fucking know it. They just took the deal because Sony gave them a fat check to give one worthwhile game to their upcoming console.

even niche games can get by

who could forget valve? Icon of PC gaming, known these days for making failed consoles, VR minigames and DRM locked controllers and a company that would 100% totally want to fund games. Think of a better example. Lets start with Nvidia who are already pushing proprietary "benefits" to their hardware at the detriment of pretty much everyone.
self funding isn't especially common, and the few times it has happened in the industry…well there's a reason ion storm despite making some great games that sold pretty well isn't around today.
I'd rather keep rootkits off my PC period.
it happens cyclically, and with nvidia in the position they're in now and AMD pretty much letting them get away with it, I don't see it going away.
one of the benefits of PC games is 60+fps, max settings and resolutions greater than 1080p. People usually want that and it only gets more expensive to get every few years.

I agree, but it's not very common, and very few if any the past few years have been self funded by the developer.
na

Nobody except sony and fromsoft know this, but I'm sure getting the deal of having your game funded, marketed, having a lot of the harder development outsourced to the people who made the platform, and plenty more made the system extremely appealing for from soft to make the game now instead of 15 years from now.
yeah, that's exactly how it happened. The game was probably in a hard drive somewhere , Sony approached From before the PS4 was announced and said "hey do you want to make a game for our platform that we'll help fund? Give us a few pitches and we'll fund the one we like."

I think the press release that revealed that N Sane was coming to Switch and PC also said that there was a new original title in the works.

You're jogging my memory, hope it turns out well but the remaster was pretty disappointing.

Every VR game for HTC Vive is backed up by them and not the developers themselves.
They're absolute shit, but if they need games to sell their platform they will, just like Sony.
Same with any mouse that doesnt support anything but Windows.
The difference here is that people can go around it because its not a locked platform.
It's poorly optimized awful looking garbage and you can remove it
Even they know better, it's a scam for kiddies, nothing more.
Except that has nothing to do with the fact that third party companies don't only publish cheap games.
Thought I did botch that part of my post by forgetting to add the word "cheap".
And yet you use a platform that functions just like one while not explaining at all the consequences of using such rootkit.
Do you read what you type?
Only mustard normalfags, most being kids with no money, believe that.
The main benefit of computers is freedom, a whole lot more than consoles offer, being able to reach those settings is just a part of that benefit.
Both AMD and Nvidia are also using the issue to sell their cards directly from their store so they don't have to pay retailers and keep prices the same as they were.
And it's no different than consoles today really thanks to mid gen uprades.
Except it's extremely common and it's been common ever since the SNES has been released.
You went from

yeah, just in terms of disappointment for the model I think Valve is failing the hardest. Even Sony's VR efforts are better and that's saying something.
yeah, but it keeps getting worse.
more and more game devs are using the gameworks development environment, and removing these pros of the platform is sort of settling for a shittier experience. Wouldn't you say?
because I don't keep anything sensitive on a console. What's Sony gonna find out about me? My burner e-mail and the address I used in hokkaido for my japanese account? That I really like puyo puyo? Really? Oh no, I'll see ads for virtual on when I hop onto the PSN store. Spooky.
oh, the freedom meme. Yeah, you keep falling for that but it's not what "PC gaming" is about. That's an old meme that people like me started when we were trying to encourage people to move away from consoles and to PC. There's very little freedom with games, and it's more a game about influence and markets than anything. Don't be a hippie.

I can see how you might think that, but I think there's a sort of language barrier here. If you'd like, I can lay out my position explicitly instead of these basic counter points which make you think I'm shifting goal posts.

I see all the ways games can be made, from independent funding like kickstarter shit, to small project funding of a few million by a publisher, to absolute independence of making a game in your garage for 20 years and releasing the niche title on steam with all the money (-30%) going right to your wallet paid out by Valve. Good games can be made in every way. However, the exclusive model mostly present on consoles due to the interests of the creators of those platforms tends to create the most experimental, most polished, most interesting games of this type. You have opportunities to explore nuances of hardware to get the most out of them, you have more time, more money, and a lot of support. Games in order to be something you can live on - what most devs want - need to be something that can be churned out in a timely fashion. If you're making a game on someone elses dime (to an extent) someone elses time (to an extent) and they want the most interesting, advanced and enjoyable games made for their platform, you're going to go all out hitting that goal. A lot of great games are made this way. You have Nintendo's history to look at, Segas, Sony, NEC, even Microsoft. When in that environment, great things happen and they happen more often.

Do you understand or do I have to explain it differently?

Why won't they remake Crash Twinsanity but actually add all the shit that the original game had to cut out due to time constraints?
>Skip to 2:47
>You know this would have gone over your heads as a kid

They sell better
That's about it
The quality of games on PSVR and the quality of the headset itself if pretty shit.
Even for VR standarts, the best VR software is outside the PS4, and that's saying something
Not really, it's more steamlimed and has even more options than before.
Unlike consoles where eveeything that made that platform good is pretty much gone from plug and play to one centralized hardware.
The only recent games I know that have used it have been Killing Floor 2 and FFXV.
Both optional and pretty shit
I don't think you know what a rootkit is, you're now using the description of spyware to define it.
Not only that but it's extremely easy to partitiom or isolate HDDs so the supposed rootkit only affects an isolated instance of your storage.
It's a non issue of you're not a retard
You can do any of that on a console and if you want to access online you're obligated to share your credit card info to a network that goes dowm every 4 to 6 months and leaks info like crazy.
I don't see any argument there
Can you change settings, software and hardware on a console on a non centralized platform?
Can you circumvent kikery on a console without bricking or outdating it's hardware or software?
No I don't think so
None of that stops the fact that you moved the goalposts out of the blue when you were backed into a corner and the whole

Whether it's 30 FPS or 60FPS its still fucking garbage.

the games too. no heroes allowed VR, RE7VR, the upcoming ace combat 7. Games that are actually interesting and seem fun to play. I have trouble thinking of any VR pc game that isn't just an existing game with basic VR functionality slapped on alongside the standard controls.
you really have to prove that one.
not true. The environment's changed a lot, modding is much smaller these days, the tools aren't being provided by the developers, and the alternatives for amateur projects are either use very old software and engines like trenchbroom 2 & the quake engines, or things like hammer, or make simpler mods for older games or existing games which doesn't extend very far into changing how the games function. Mostly model/sound swaps, cfg tweaks, etc. The days of a real modding community are pretty much gone, swept into steam workshop or mediocre nexus platforms. I still keep an eye on the ones I like.
it's still there, just a few complications here and there. If anything I could use the argument that it also offers more options. It's not one I'd stick by however.
There's a lot more than that. the witcher 3, GTA5, the division, fallout 4, and plenty more if you look into it.
not true, and you accuse me of strawmanning.
you can, but that gets into a different territory of modding. Quite a few console games are shipping with more options than ever, even graphics ones. SotC is a recent one that had a performance, high resolution, and an advanced graphics setting. I think one of the earlier examples was Nioh which even its alpha demo had an option for "action" mode and "movie" mode (performance vs visuals)
no, you just don't understand what a goalpost is and what moving it means.
I could argue that even the last of us is somewhat experimental, but that's another thing you can just meme your way out of.
you shouldn't talk about games you never played.

Funnily enough you listed pretty much that and a shit game that's barely up to par with it's original PSP release.
You got everything from Rollercoaster Tycoons and FPS games to Ultrawings and VTOL simulator on PC.
Serious Sam games with VR are already better than any of the tch demos on the PS4 right now.
Except the modding scene is still pretty big with plenty of upcoming projects, mod tools are making a comeback after the DLCfest that was 7th Gen and many of the people who modded now actually make games thanks to free tools like Unity, UE4 and Cryengine and easier self publishing.
We have a thread about a modded pre release version of a game that was never actualy released if you haven't noticed.
Except you can download all of those mods from outside those soures and TCs for recent games like Total War and Paradox games still exist.
Like what? You seem to have been outside the scene for ages the way you talk.
Yeah, with firmware and game updates up the ass plus game installs, a need for storage, a ton of online focused games, and now having to make the decision of a better hardware totally plug and play and centralized, just like 20 years ago.
Only the Witcher 3 and the Division
And again, they're optional and fucking trash.
If you want to access online play, yes you absolutely do.
On 5 games at most and barely any performance gains after the cracking the console in 10 years
Not the level of freedom that PC has, not even close
Then explain it, because that's not an argument and you're deflecting after being cornered yet again
So what you're saying is that you're a brand loyal retard that thinks that an overrated boring ass TPS with an inventory system and full of cutscenes is experimental?
Good to know
I can't do any of your cuckchan lingo untik you elaborate on why TLoU is experimental
What about the game isn't painfully average?
Next you'll tell me Half Life 2 isn't a tech demo.

All I want is an HD Team Racing.

Why not just play old games on emulators instead of purchasing old games with new looks? Why didn't they just make a new crash game with updated graphics? Oh wait, they are creatively bankrupt and buying into this shit only encourages their stagnation.

Crash still looks great on PSX. No need for a remaster.

But think about the time trials!

Because good goys will buy it and brand loyalty is still a fucking thing after all these years so they don't play anything that's not an official branded product.

There was a fan remake made in unity. The original Crash Bandicoot games predate Unity. I doubt the PC version will use Unity.

Of course they did, because it's the easy way to do it

Never ever.

I wondered about that, the stages in 1 and 2 were never designed around time trials, did the devs retrofit the stages to be fun to do the trials with?

I enjoyed doing them in Crash 1, but I was playing the game at a friend's house and only played the first 6 or 7 levels. It works exactly the same way as it does in Warped - boxes turn into time boxes, bonus levels are unreachable, etc.

I made it to the end of the first island before chucking the Trilogy back in the mail and sending it back to the rental shop.

Now I'm emulating the original PSX games on a PSP that's being emulated on a Vita. At least until they come out with a Vita emulator for PC - then I'll play them on Linux emulating a PC emulating a Vita that's emulating a PSP that's emulating a PSX.

so old games and autism simulators, got it.
so old games, got it.
depends what you like and what kind of mods interest you. I'm not much into RTS games and long for the era of 2004-2008 source modding before valve cucked out with authoring tools. Those were some great years for mods.
not autistic, so no thank you.
pvk2, quake map jams.
you don't have to update. Unlike with Steam games.
yeah, would be terrible if they didn't include it but 500GB is the minimum these days.
couldn't really think of any that are focused on it, mostly a few that have online features. Many of which work without subscriptions.
right, they don't count because you say they don't.
I don't want to play with children.
once again, the freedom meme. PC gaming has never been about freedom, and you've got a lot to prove that it is. Settings are for accessibility and scalability. Modding isn't as prevalent as it was 10 years ago, and you'll have to prove it is if you disagree.
where was I cornered in the first place? You seem to like to jump to conclusions without making the steps to actually get there.
wrong, I go where the games are. I'll be a PC gamer again once there's some more games on the platform that are actually worth playing. See the previous line.
unique way of handling weapons in a shooter, good on the fly weapon upgrade system, the crafting system in general is well handled and balanced while being appropriately minimalist. Have you played it or are you just gonna regurgitate memes because you have no real frame of reference beyond that?
the movement mechanics and numerous story moments.

You're very tedious to reply to, you add a lot of fluff and don't say much of anything with any real meat to it. I've been seeing the brand loyalty meme pop up recently, you're pushing it pretty hard between your reuse of images. From my lifelong experience with being a PC gamer and being part of those communities, worship of the self seems to be the primary element aspect of it. Pure narcissism and deflection of any shortcomings instead of actual addressing of them.

Stay an autistic brand loyal consolecuck lad, that's all you'll ever be worth anyway.

can't say I expect any more. You run away a bit too much, easy win.

Jew detected.

just another example of how 60fps is a meme

Yes. It's a pretty good system. I like the controller and the fact that it's backwards compatible. While the PS4 is more powerful, it doesn't really have anything I want to get.

Yeah, I know the Xbox brand isn't doing good right now but things are slowly starting to change.

i was really confused when they would sometimes show bosses but those boss fights never happen

Scat or nigger dick cuck fetish?

Thats not a scat fetish its someone who hates niggers.

They didn't change the levels at all, but I was shocked at how well the stages, especially the Crash 1 stages, worked as time trials. With a lot of 8-bit platformers I noticed that the levels work best when you run through as fast as possible. That things like enemy and trap cycles line up so that you can keep running, but if you slow down at any point, it throws off the whole pattern. Makes going fast very fulfilling, and Crash 1 does that incredibly well. Especially near the end of the game, it becomes very evident. The Lab is hard as fuck to get a Platinum on, but it feels great to play it fast.